Snafu Therapy Thread. *TRIGGER WARNINGS* This topic is under Mod protection

A Free And Independent Scotland.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Snafu Therapy Thread.

Postby noxux » Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:48 pm

Sorry to hear that Tuor but at least it ended well.
"The best thing about life is not knowing what will happen, what we do shows who we are" -иохчх
Pabst:"Aww, you're no fun Noxux.
A Fight in a Flash
I am a very tall midget

Postby Grey » Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:00 pm

if there's ever a time for casual sex
I'm NORML and I VOTE
Soul Silver Friend Code: 0260-2900-0828
Suave Brit

Sexiness: Godlike

Postby Princess » Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:35 pm

Tuor: Stuff is our resident, hot mess, alcoholic.
Tuor: You foolish fools, no one can tame the stuffaluffagus!
All Men Must Die
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Grey » Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:38 pm

hmu tuor
I'm NORML and I VOTE
Soul Silver Friend Code: 0260-2900-0828
Suave Brit

Sexiness: Godlike

Postby Exodis » Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:43 pm

This is intriguing me...
I will persevere, I will resist to hear, I will interfere.

Stuff: Exodis is funnier than people give him credit for.
The Universal Swordsman

Postby Tuor » Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:05 pm

Stuffaluffagus wrote:Image

Grey wrote:hmu tuor

"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Exodis » Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:08 pm

lol

The Universal Swordsman

Postby Mir@k » Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:36 pm

I don't know what to say tuor, tbh if i have to be 100% honest what's i'd like to say is "congratulations", if the relationship was going nowhere then the way it ended was pretty good, it probably felt like a relief.
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Tuor » Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:38 pm

It did feel like a relief, honestly, it kinda felt like a weight off my shoulders.
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Guardian » Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:44 pm

Tuor is a free man now.

Ladies beware.
“Salvation comes with a cost. Judge us not by our methods, but by what we seek to accomplish.”

"To punish and enslave..."
Semper Vigilans

Postby Exodis » Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:24 pm

I think Stuff's already prepared herself.

The Universal Swordsman

Postby Senel » Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:52 am

Things have been going fairly average for me since I last posted in this thread.

New jobs, saw a girl for a week before I realized she was rather stupid and a awful liar. (Tried convincing me her family were friends with Notch.)

My new PC is awesome and I can play things. Been getting better at guitar. A slow process but a process.

Saving up to head to MAGfest in Baltimore with a friend so I can see Machinae Supremacy's first North American concert. Hope to see the Megas and The Protomen there as well.

Over the cunt that essentially ruined me for a year.

Yeah, good times.
Pelvic Sorcery

Postby Yog » Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:27 am

@Tuor

Ah, don't know whether to congratulate or comfort.

But if you feel ok about it, then that's good. I wish you the best.
DaCrum
Yog, you are one cool motherfucka.
One day this child shall learn the beauty of life.
Absurdum vitae.
Thanks for being there for me, man.
Resident Old God

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:02 pm

Tuor wrote:Like, 5 and a half years

Better than 8 years... Too damn long... Guh.

Well, I'm feeling like shit right now.

Ever have that feeling of utter defeat because you couldn't help that one person you want to make feel better? Then you feel like you just made it worse... It boils inside you since she's been like this for a while now in contrast to how she was weeks ago. You think it's all your fault because she barely even says a word to you now and there's nothing or no one else giving you anything to go off of.

You're alone with your thoughts... They stab and throb inside you, tearing you asunder.

"What's wrong?", you ask yourself. You want to do something, but you're dead in your tracks, unable to move from that spot. Alone and afraid you're losing someone you really cherished... No one to talk to because you're the one everyone turns to to vent. Who do you vent to then?

I'm so full of emotion right now, I'm about to explode...
"Cogito, ergo es eggo." A.K.A. "I think, therefore you are a waffle."
An Optimist

Postby Guardian » Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:24 pm

I thought you were going to talk about "my Dad caught me looking at MLP, and Princess Molestia stuff".

Honestly, I'm glad its this and not that or I would disown you like a son that was never mine in the first place.

Anyways, the answer is yes to your first question. There were many times when I thought I was doing the right thing and it wasn't working, or I knew it was the right thing and they wouldn't listen to me. It sucks. It's like you have a life preserver and you throw it out to them and they refuse to grab it.

But is there anyway you can go into more detail on it without getting too personal? It'll help me understand your internal feelings a little better to offer... better advise than what I do myself in such a situation.
“Salvation comes with a cost. Judge us not by our methods, but by what we seek to accomplish.”

Semper Vigilans

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:23 am

Well, this is one of the people I had "relations" with as just friends (and also the person I was trying to cheer up the other night when people were posting funny vids or ideas). She got a BF earlier this year, and about 2-3 weeks ago she's gotten really distant and reclusive, barely even messaging me whole sentences when online. Her BF and I are pretty chill with each other and he's awesome. But she constantly gives me what feels like the cold shoulder as if I'm bothering her. But she acts so mute with her emotions it's hard to read what's on her mind. And a minute ago her BF told me it was a thing between them that was the issue (like a fight or something), but right before that I thought it was something about me... I'm just confused and in need of answers.
An Optimist

Postby Guardian » Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:27 am

Have you asked her what is up?

Suggestively, if you can, don't do it straight up or in a 60's Spiderman meme. Try to see if you can get her to go out with you (not as a date) for ice cream or something and just talk and try to slowly bring it up.

No idea to what triggered it at all?

Semper Vigilans

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:39 am

Well, before she started acting so coldly she'd do the same every once in a while for like a day or two. But not this long. This started right after I said sorry to her BF about something I messed up with. He was super forgiving and we became cool again, but then her cold act started about a day or two after it.

Also, I've tried everything I could think about to get to open up without upsetting her. She's just become very recluse. Tried making her laugh, round-about questions, straight up asking... and nothing... Got her to laugh a couple times, but that's all I got.
An Optimist

Postby noxux » Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:48 am

Maybe is something that happened between her BF and her and your mistake or a problem with the family,that is most of the time what happen when people get cold (or at least in my case), maybe.
Last edited by noxux on Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
"The best thing about life is not knowing what will happen, what we do shows who we are" -иохчх
Pabst:"Aww, you're no fun Noxux.
A Fight in a Flash
I am a very tall midget

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:04 am

I... just said I knew it wasn't me. And that it was something between her and her BF... On the last page.

Sadly, he only left that one line and I think he went to sleep. So I'm here in the dark. Glad to know it's not my fault though. So just have to wait for him to tell me what's up since I'm not expecting her to open up soon.
An Optimist

Postby Yog » Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:14 am

Hrm.

Well, if someone you previously got along with just decided to give you the cold shoulder, without any explanation? I'd say cut your losses.

You may get annoying sometimes, Pabst, but you're REALLY not a bad guy. You remind me of a childhood friend of mine that, while annoying at times, could not hurt a fly. He was like the most innocent kid ever. It was both strange and kinda heartwarming.

Anyway. All you can do is ask what's wrong, and if she doesn't tell you, or worse, vents her anger/frustration on you, than you leave her in the dust. That's a bad relationship right there, because you're essentially being used as a comfort object, then thrown away when not needed.

You're a person too, Pabst. You deserve respect and the treatment that friendship entails. If she doesn't care about that then she doesn't deserve a friend like you.
DaCrum
Yog, you are one cool motherfucka.
One day this child shall learn the beauty of life.
Absurdum vitae.
Thanks for being there for me, man.
Resident Old God

Postby EagleMan » Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:27 am

Yeah, some people expect others to do all the emotional legwork for them. You don't have to cut your losses, but you can certainly stop trying for the time being and wait for her to be the one to come back to reality.

Could you ever imagine doing the same to her? Where you just go mute for days and refuse to react or respond to a close friend? Just because of a tiff between your girlfriend and you and not her? If your answer is "no", then why is it okay for her to do the same?

Also, sometimes people shape up when they realize they're the ones that have to reach out now.

Postby Panty Anarchy » Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:35 am

Yog wrote:You're a human being too, Pabst.
I am thou... Thou art I... From the sea of thy soul, I come...
Soulchild: u thnk evry thng stupid.
DaCrum: Warbear, why did you suddenly become pretty cool? Stop it.
BR:love is just a boner everyone is looking to fart on warbear
Slutty Angel

Postby Princess » Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:03 pm

I'm becoming more and more a recluse. My close friend moved to Seattle. Another moved pretty far, it's still driving distance (like 40 miles-ish) but its still far. And most of my "friends" go and hang out with each other, and never include me. I feel like I'm being thrown back into 2008 when I was extremely depressed, and it really is not a good feeling.
Tuor: Stuff is our resident, hot mess, alcoholic.
Tuor: You foolish fools, no one can tame the stuffaluffagus!
All Men Must Die
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Birdofterror » Fri Aug 30, 2013 4:27 am

You have friends on this site. Real friends. People willing to take time out of their day to do nothing but talk to you. Make more Skype threads, talk with people. Let everything out. Don't think you're alone, you're not alone, here.

I know I'm not one of those people, but that's okay. They are. They are good people; your real friends.
"It's such a fine line between clever and stupid."

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error

PreviousNext

Return to Central Compton Botanical Gardens