Snafu Therapy Thread.

This forum can be a scary place, 'cause we got lax rules: let's see your war face. Take a breath, and roll the dice, you might find out we're really nice.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Snafu Therapy Thread.

Postby Mir@k » Sat Aug 18, 2012 7:30 pm

:R

how about that one? it's like P only with a little line over there which represents a joint
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby True Order » Sat Aug 18, 2012 7:54 pm

Is that actually a thing?

The : P still bugs me the most, though.
Last edited by True Order on Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Finish what you started human!" - Kamaji from Spirited Away
Overthinker

Postby Mir@k » Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:03 pm

faggot
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Mir@k » Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:03 pm

lol jk

nigger
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby True Order » Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:50 pm

Well I kinda don't like that the last page or so has been mainly focused on me, since this isn't my thread personally or anything.

But screw it, I got something I need to vent.

I had a sort of relapse of my blood lust last night. I've been told before that everyone has a blood lust it's just not noticeable in most people.

So last night after shaving my mustache I was using tweezers to fine tune or whatever you want to call it. Whilst tweezing I accidentally tore off a scab on the side of my nose, this produced a surprising amount of blood. I quickly dropped the tweezers and went to get a tissue to cover it or hold it in or whatever that's called.

Upon returning I realized the tip of the tweezers were covered with my blood. I'm not gonna lie I was in awe, there's some kind of beauty to the clash of blood red with metallic silver. After staring at it for what I assume was 10 seconds I realized I was involuntarily savoring the smell and salivating.

I almost licked it, but I resisted at the last second after which I wiped the tweezers with the tissue and left the room for the rest of the night despite not finishing tweezing and missing a few significant hygienic steps.

I've tested this a bit and it's just the blood I want, not the meat nor the two together and human blood seems highly preferred because I subconsciously believe it to be less diseased than animal blood.

Am I the only one who has this craving?
Overthinker

Postby Valhallen » Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:33 pm

Take an iron supplement?

Postby EagleMan » Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:37 pm

The phrase bloodlust doesn't literally mean you lust after blood, at least in its conventional use, moreso just a desire for violence and combat.

I don't have that, but for you it may just be a reminder that you're alive, that you're actually some physical body, instead of just some disembodied mind that sits behind a computer or a desk or something all day. That's why you may crave it as it is a feeling of being alive, a feeling that can be hard to come by on a regular basis short of using drugs.

Also iron.

Postby True Order » Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:46 pm

Are iron supplements OTC?

And once again kudos Eagleman, you're right on the nose I think. I sort of wanted to deny that I enjoy it because I don't want to be a masochist. But yea it's a satisfying reminder that I am alive, though I will never do that intentionally.
Overthinker

Postby Valhallen » Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:04 pm

Should be. Iron deficiency is usually more of an issue for women (who regularly need to replace blood), but other people can have it too. Since the only major nutritional advantage of blood vs. other foods is its iron content, it could explain your craving. If you already take a general vitamin/mineral supplement or eat a lot of meat, it might just be a psychological thing though.

Postby Yog » Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:47 pm

If I recall, didn't you have similar issues before?

What was the interest about animals?

We should hear about this craving in full detail, in order to help as best as possible.

Postby True Order » Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:18 pm

Well I've already described the most recent relapse regarding the blood craving otherwise little has happened since I was roughly 8 which I'll explain in the section after this next one.

The animal thing we discussed a while ago was more about my random aggression towards certain animals, mainly long necked obnoxious birds. This does in fact include what I refer to as the ghost dodo.

The literal craving of it I'm unsure of. I feel like it's more of a craving to see it as opposed to drinking it, though I'll admit I wouldn't mind being reminded what it tastes like. Red is one of my favorite colors, I very much enjoy seeing it in its various natural forms. While roses are one of my favorite, fresh blood just has that beautiful sheen to it unseen in red's other natural forms.

As far as the small incidents when I was younger well... some people will tell you that every child was a biter at some point but I was a biter for what I think was at least 4 years, 2-6 years of age. My dentist sometimes called me alligator not because I bit people but because I could open my mouth to such a wideness that I apparently was the only of his patients with that nickname. I didn't attack anyone undeserving nor did I do it for the taste of flesh or occasionally blood. I did it in what I saw as pure defense. Someone screwed with me? I bit them, I preferred to bite limbs but I tried other spots just to test effectiveness. Biting or clamping on their skulls freaked people out more but the damage was more psychology which was not what I wanted at the time. Either case push came to shove and I was never to bite another student again. ..... So I switched to what I considered to be blunt weapons (BOOM I still love beating the system) 99% boardgame boards more specifically, I think that was about it. Not sure when all that ended but at some point the general populace of the school knew not to screw with me or I had some kind of severe punishment, the details are fuzzy, I do remember a few social workers, the worst of which was a volunteer mentor, he was religious so his solution to everything was jesus! I remember thinking that using Jesus!! as a solution is an excuse for: "I can't think of any real solution."

Whoah I typed a lot.... haven't really thought about all this in a REALLY long time.

I was one violent child but it was against the bullies so I don't think it was really that bad. Besides I'm sure this happens a lot, biting just might be less common. I look back at this more as "I was pretty awesome" as opposed to "Jesus I was one demented child."

I still take a bit of pride in this, I was one of the few kids who had the balls to stand up against the haters and in my own way. Sure it may have been unethical but it got the job done, I was the batman of my class except I only "defended" myself, the other kids needed to learn to deal with it in their own way.

That was certainly weird though. *shrug*
Overthinker

Postby Love.Dreamer » Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:35 pm

Rememeber my first post... i doubt anyone other than yog paid atention to it...

Well she has family in bogota... and she is coming over to visit them all the way across from italy but she said she also wants to see me and hang out with me and make art together like old times...

I am not really sure what to think or do. I kinda want to but i feel like by the end of it i'll feel worst... but i dont want to just tell her to fuck off...
Hiroko: You monster.
Seriously a Woman.

Postby EagleMan » Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:42 pm

make art like new times

Postby True Order » Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:47 pm

Yay! I remember back when I was "helping" mal that you had posted before him, I noticed it, I'm on the CASE!

“Sir,” said I, “or Madam, truly your forgiveness I implore;
But the fact is I was napping, and so gently you came rapping,
And so faintly you came tapping, tapping at my chamber door,
That I scarce was sure I heard you” — here I opened wide the door; ——

Hmm. I have zero experience with relationships but I have experience with being around girls you really like and not hitting on them because they have boyfriends. No where near your situation of course, but it's just barely close enough that I SHALL TRY!

Even though I'm 55% sure that Eagleman will give better in advice in fewer words....
speaking of which he ninja'd me.
Overthinker

Postby EagleMan » Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:50 pm

you'll feel worse for not doing it love
if you do it and it goes badly, oh well, at least you tried
if you don't you'll feel like you'll have missed a huge opportunity that may never come again

Postby Yog » Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:56 pm

Love.Dreamer wrote:Rememeber my first post... i doubt anyone other than yog paid atention to it...

Well she has family in bogota... and she is coming over to visit them all the way across from italy but she said she also wants to see me and hang out with me and make art together like old times...

I am not really sure what to think or do. I kinda want to but i feel like by the end of it i'll feel worst... but i dont want to just tell her to fuck off...

Go, but DO NOT let your hopes up.

You should see this girl as nothing more than a friend, or less.

If she tries something, respectfully decline.

Love, don't let this girl manipulate you.

You don't deserve it, dude.

Postby True Order » Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:58 pm

Let's see.... there's an awful lot of situation variables... I need to take a moment to remind myself that human beings can not be treated like simulated beings, I am partly responsible for any consequences that result from you following any advice I give. Which I doubt you'll do unless it's good so I shall once again say that I SHALL TRY!

I need some blanks in this story filled, she knows you REALLY like her right?

Which SHOULD mean that she knows this torments you considerably...... right?

When your relationship originally went kaput how did it happen?

Love.Dreamer wrote:... she was going to get married... no date.

No date as in she had yet to schedule it or no date as in without dating them first?

Jesus woman are still as complicated as I recall.

What kind of art did you two make together? Did you do that mostly when you were dating?

I agree with Eagleman and Yog in the sense that worst case scenario you feel like shit afterwards or you nix the visit thus feeling like shit for essentially telling her to fuck off.

I'd definitely suggest you do it though. She is a good friend of your after all.
Overthinker

Postby Love.Dreamer » Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:00 pm

Thing is im not gonna try anything on her because i have principles and i suck...

And not seeing her after she took the time to travel from across the world and not seeing me is gonna make me feel bad. And if i see her my old feelings for her might resurface and by the time she leaves im gonna be all stupid and sad because i cant be with her and i hate how silly this is. i guess i'll go for it anyway but im gonna be bummed the hell out the entire week(month?) after....
Seriously a Woman.

Postby Valhallen » Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:01 pm

Regret is a funny thing. Just be reasonable about it.

Postby Yog » Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:02 pm

But you shouldn't feel like shit regardless of what you do.

Let her go, dude. I know you want to keep believing, deep down, that it'll work out one day, but it won't.

It's just more pain. Stop hurting yourself.

Postby Love.Dreamer » Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:03 pm

She's not gonna manipulate me Yog... in fact she has tried to help me with it but my feelings are bullshit.
Seriously a Woman.

Postby Yog » Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:05 pm

I know what that feels like.

And the best thing to do, is to stop believing in something that will never happen.

All of it, it's what your emotions want. And it's not something you're going to get.

I'm sorry, man. But you gotta stop.

Postby EagleMan » Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:07 pm

Love.Dreamer wrote:Thing is im not gonna try anything on her because i have principles and i suck...

So your principles are to never try to have sexual activity with women you like?

Postby Saint Soul » Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:12 pm

I am amazed at how useful these kind of threads are.
"Small muscles, big brain, the heart of a lion."
—Anthony DiNozzo on Timothy McGee
User formaly known as Soulchild

Postby Love.Dreamer » Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:14 pm

Mi principles are to never try to have any sexual activity with a woman currently engaged in a relationship.

IF I WOMAN I AM IN LOVE WITH HAS A BOYFRIEND AND SHE ASKS ME TO HAVE SEX WITH HER IM GONNA DECLINE.
Also if she is happy why break that.
"But uuuh thats so silly why let her be happy with someone else when she can be happy with you"
Shut up its corssed my mind alright? its more complicated than that, I just don like getting in the way.

And then there is also the "a woman who leaves her man for you might not think it twice when she is leaving you for someone else"

Its how i was raiced, dont question my ways.
Seriously a Woman.

PreviousNext

Return to Wham, Spam, Thank you, Ma'am!