Snafu Therapy Thread. *TRIGGER WARNINGS* This topic is under Mod protection

A Free And Independent Scotland.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Snafu Therapy Thread.

Postby Yog » Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:46 pm

Yog wrote:Hey guys.

Um.

I'm sorry I've been gone. I kinda.

I just. I got some news. A week ago, my mom died.


I thought I wouldn't care, but I ended up drinking again.

Everything sucks.
Image
Resident Old God
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 324
Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:15 am
Location: The labyrinth that is my mind.
Gender: None specified

Re: Snafu Therapy Thread.

Postby Yog » Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:47 pm

i dont want to write it agian because it feels bad
Image
Resident Old God
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 324
Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:15 am
Location: The labyrinth that is my mind.
Gender: None specified

Re: Snafu Therapy Thread.

Postby Tuor » Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:50 pm

I guess you wouldn't want to vent about it then
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan
Moderator

User avatar
online
 
Posts: 18463
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2005 2:22 am
Gender: Male

Re: Snafu Therapy Thread.

Postby Yog » Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:52 pm

uh

i mean

the easiest thing to say would be that i hate everything now

kinda

i dont know

i feel weird and mad and sad

its insane
Image
Resident Old God
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 324
Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:15 am
Location: The labyrinth that is my mind.
Gender: None specified

Re: Snafu Therapy Thread.

Postby Mir@k » Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:04 pm

Well yes, someone died.
You'll get through it, but you'll need something more than just alcohol to do that man. Swap it for more things, like eating various kinds of food. Take a walk, go to the park.

Have you got any pets? Get a cat.
Image
DeviantArt | Tumblr | Twitter
Image
"Bang and Abscond"
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 1338
Joined: Fri Oct 13, 2006 3:00 pm
Gender: Female

Re: Snafu Therapy Thread.

Postby Yog » Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:11 pm

i hav a cat

and he needs food so i guess i hav to go outside

   besides ive been kinda eating his food with him   
Image
Resident Old God
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 324
Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:15 am
Location: The labyrinth that is my mind.
Gender: None specified

Re: Snafu Therapy Thread.

Postby Tuor » Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:13 pm

Dude...
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan
Moderator

User avatar
online
 
Posts: 18463
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2005 2:22 am
Gender: Male

Re: Snafu Therapy Thread.

Postby EagleMan » Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:29 pm

You can't order delivery?
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 13880
Joined: Fri Aug 18, 2006 4:24 pm
Gender: None specified

Re: Snafu Therapy Thread.

Postby Mir@k » Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:29 pm

Yog wrote:   besides ive been kinda eating his food with him   
Image

Although i can't judge you for havign done so if they're dried treats it's not cool to eat your cat's food. It's your cat's stuff, he doesn't do that shit to you man, not cool.
Image
DeviantArt | Tumblr | Twitter
Image
"Bang and Abscond"
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 1338
Joined: Fri Oct 13, 2006 3:00 pm
Gender: Female

Re: Snafu Therapy Thread.

Postby Glacial Expanse » Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:57 pm

Yog, I understand how bad this is for you.

Forget I said that. I haven't lost my parents yet, but I did lose my grandfather. Unlike you, I can't really see myself missing anyone so much because of how much time I spent alone in my life. While I was alone, I began to ponder and think about the future, and most especially, death.

Losing somebody who has raised you for a long time and has sticked with you until the very end is indeed something that makes you want to break down. But you're human nature allows you to pick up the pieces that have fallen upon the impact of this event, and I am confident that even in the death of a love one there will be a day where you will no longer shed such tears. That is not to say that I am against your reaction to it; If I was in your mother's shoes, in spirit and I was standing next to you at my own funeral, I would have wanted you to be the best man no one else could be, by giving you enough strength to put this aside and shed no tear ever again.

Everyday, I keep living, acknowledging the fact that someday, death will be knocking at my doorstep all of a sudden. You, I and everyone here at some point is bound to die at any time. My aunt was recently diagnosed with a form of cancer of which I had forgotten what kind it was, and the doctors told her that she only had a few more months to live. I can't stand bearing to think about what will happen to my cousin, who is only an adolescent child. I'm more of a philosophical person and I don't consider myself religious at all, but the moment I was informed that she had been diagnosed with cancer, I felt like I wanted to, for the first time, fall on my knees and pray that it wouldn't happen. My father told me that there had been conflict among the last generation of my family, but after the death of my grandfather, everyone seem to have come together. Once my aunt dies, my family will be closer than ever.

And when I'm there at that day, I won't shed a single tear. But the truth is though, is that I can't. Because my mind is no longer innocent and naive like the child I was before, I was too stubborn to break down. It's hard to sympathize with you because I can virtually feel no form of emotion or pain at all unless the person that I have lost has had a truly close relationship with me personally. And as for those I know who aren't my relatives but are still alive and cannot see again, they were my greatest losses because I felt something very special in my heart for those people. My isolationist policy towards these men and women had taken its toll upon my sanity and only when it is too late I started to see what made them special...and I couldn't cry at those moments. That's when not shedding a tear became a curse in my life.

And so I am sorry. And that goes to everyone too. The repression of my own human nature prevents me from even helping any of you here in this thread, along with my luck in life. Aren't I lucky to not break down unlike any of you? And yet, I lack the components of what makes a human...human. It's a blessing and a curse, I can tell you that. I was never smart because I found that intelligent individuals seem to be more prone to depression, but the truth is, I'm in denial, trying to delude myself and sail away in my own world, but I wake up and it's still there. And If I could, I would, but you can't get rid of the guilt, the sadness, and the sorrow that happens in this world.

I joined this forum a couple of years ago just to have a good time and then this thread happened. Boy, look at how far we've gotten in our lives, going from just being kids celebrating every fuckin' day of our lives to, to...this.
This too shall pass.
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 1021
Joined: Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:11 am
Location: Here & Now
Gender: Male

Re: Snafu Therapy Thread.

Postby Tuor » Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:01 am

I'm not sure how to react to this post
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan
Moderator

User avatar
online
 
Posts: 18463
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2005 2:22 am
Gender: Male

Re: Snafu Therapy Thread.

Postby EagleMan » Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:07 am

I don't think Yog was even on good terms with his mom, unless the relationship improved (or materialized - it may not have been on bad terms but I remember it not really existing) and he never spoke of it here.

Maybe eating cat food is a low point, but I can't fault anyone for having a muted or extreme or just plain weird reaction to a person's death. Obviously after a point they should be able to cope, but in the short-term, I don't see myself as fit to judge. Of course, in Hana's case, that doesn't give others the right to make you do things, but still.

Also Rosso I wouldn't get ahead of yourself. There's plenty of people who like to say they won't shed a single tear because it makes them feel manly, emotionally superior, or whatever, and then they cry. And then there's people who expect to cry but find themselves not crying. It's just completely unpredictable to know how you'll react when someone dies.
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 13880
Joined: Fri Aug 18, 2006 4:24 pm
Gender: None specified

Re: Snafu Therapy Thread.

Postby Glacial Expanse » Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:49 am

EagleMan wrote:Also Rosso I wouldn't get ahead of yourself. There's plenty of people who like to say they won't shed a single tear because it makes them feel manly, emotionally superior, or whatever, and then they cry. And then there's people who expect to cry but find themselves not crying. It's just completely unpredictable to know how you'll react when someone dies.


It makes me feel heartless when you say that because everyday, we almost always get informed of people dying especially in the news. I'm just used to the way life is, people living, people being born, people dying, etc. Painless torture at first.

Truthfully I never expected myself to cry or cried at all because of those events you specified; also when my grandfather died I was only in Elementary School. I don't know if I mentioned that already but yeah I was ignorant back then, but I never knew him either, so I could shed any tears. But the least I can do is offer my condolences for others, in which I don't treat it as an obligation sadly.
This too shall pass.
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 1021
Joined: Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:11 am
Location: Here & Now
Gender: Male

Re: Snafu Therapy Thread.

Postby Tuor » Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:52 am

I don't normally cry at all about anything, I didn't cry when one of my great aunts died, and the last year another one died and I cried quite a lot at the funeral.
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan
Moderator

User avatar
online
 
Posts: 18463
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2005 2:22 am
Gender: Male

Re: Snafu Therapy Thread.

Postby Hana » Sat Jun 08, 2013 4:28 am

Yog, I'm sorry for your loss. I hope you and your father can grieve and move on with your lives soon.

As for my mother, I'm not upset with her grief. It's only natural that this impacts her powerfully. I'm just not going to dance to her tune. She has my stepfather and her seven siblings to call upon as a support network.

She hasn't called me back sobbing inconsolably again, but today is the day. I expect to have to make myself lots of tea to keep my calm, because I'd really rather not let my irritation with her show. I feel bad for actually being irritated with her, but I won't be swayed to grieving in any manner other than what I've chosen. I will write down my favorite memories of my grandfather and seal them away for my daughter to read at a later date.

I will tell her about the watermelon-seed-spitting contests, and playing with the micromachines with my younger-than-me uncle at PawPaw's feet, with him smiling down at us.

I will tell her about the strawberry garden, and the satsuma trees he grew, and how fruit from his garden always tasted the sweetest.

I will tell her about running away from the geese at my grandmother's house one street away, darting over the overgrown lot between the streets, and tearing into PawPaw's house with the screen door banging shut behind me, and him laughing as I wailed that the stupid birds bit me again.

I will tell her of his smile, and the wrinkles around his eyes that proved just how much he smiled in his life. I can't remember his face being unlined.

I will tell her of the first time he gave me a recipe...and how I committed that marinara sauce from fresh tomatoes to memory, even though we rarely make it because it takes so long. I'll teach her the recipe when she's ready.

I'll tell her about him teaching me how to peel shrimp and crabs, and how I used to be so bad at it...but now I'm the fastest in the family, all because of him. I'll think of him every time I have fresh seafood I have to get my hands dirty to eat.

I will celebrate my PawPaw, and the time I had with him, not weep for his loss.
Image
Official Forum Mom
Wayward
Moderator

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 10670
Joined: Tue Mar 21, 2006 4:00 am
Location: Chairman's office
Gender: Female

Re: Snafu Therapy Thread.

Postby Tragedy_and_Comedy » Sat Jun 08, 2013 9:11 am

That's a wonderful way to remember him
You... you really don't get it... do you? I... I love him... I'd die with him. Or for him. That's what you do... how you feel when you love someone. - Impulse
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 4941
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2008 2:35 pm
Location: Canadia
Gender: Female

Re: Snafu Therapy Thread.

Postby Yog » Sat Jun 08, 2013 10:40 am

I've never really been able to cry

It's always been rage

@hana

That's beautiful right there

I'm happy to know that you can do such things

@Eagle

My relationship with my mom was complicated

It revolved around my dad mostly because she would rely on him to make the hard decisions

So I was mostly ambivalent toward my mother with a hint of loathing, but now I can't bring myself to look into a mirror with those thoughts in mind

And I don't order in because that still involves people

@mirak

I'm planning on going out today the first time in a whole to get food

Cat food too

And yeah, it was the dried treat kind
Image
Resident Old God
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 324
Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:15 am
Location: The labyrinth that is my mind.
Gender: None specified

Re: Snafu Therapy Thread.

Postby Tuor » Sat Jun 08, 2013 2:51 pm

Yog wrote:I've never really been able to cry

It's always been rage

That's not really healthy
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan
Moderator

User avatar
online
 
Posts: 18463
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2005 2:22 am
Gender: Male

Re: Snafu Therapy Thread.

Postby Mir@k » Sat Jun 08, 2013 3:30 pm

yeah man and also because it is self inflicted anger
Image
DeviantArt | Tumblr | Twitter
Image
"Bang and Abscond"
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 1338
Joined: Fri Oct 13, 2006 3:00 pm
Gender: Female

Re: Snafu Therapy Thread.

Postby The Mad Doctor » Sat Jun 08, 2013 7:08 pm

I've played white noise on the Xbox Live Arcade. Never been more terrified than ever before. Still scared.
Image
Not Space Jesus
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 2108
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:31 pm
Location: Self-Exile, need to be gone for a while
Gender: Male

Re: Snafu Therapy Thread.

Postby Eggnog » Sat Jun 08, 2013 7:27 pm

TheMadDoctor wrote:I've played white noise on the Xbox Live Arcade. Never been more terrified than ever before. Still scared.

Okay... and what does this have to do with the Therapy Thread?
Image

Stuff: Exodis is funnier than people give him credit for.
The Greatest Post To Ever Grace This Forum
Hail to the Huevo
Snafu Gold Card Member!

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 2220
Joined: Sat May 01, 2010 11:47 pm
Location: The Dairy Section
Gender: Male

Re: Snafu Therapy Thread.

Postby EagleMan » Sat Jun 08, 2013 7:40 pm

Could be a mispost when you have multiple tabs. Forget which page you're on.
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 13880
Joined: Fri Aug 18, 2006 4:24 pm
Gender: None specified

Re: Snafu Therapy Thread.

Postby Eggnog » Sat Jun 08, 2013 7:44 pm

What I was thinking.
Image

Stuff: Exodis is funnier than people give him credit for.
The Greatest Post To Ever Grace This Forum
Hail to the Huevo
Snafu Gold Card Member!

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 2220
Joined: Sat May 01, 2010 11:47 pm
Location: The Dairy Section
Gender: Male

Re: Snafu Therapy Thread.

Postby Birdofterror » Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:34 am

I think he might be trying to engage in conversation in this thread for a reason. I think he's developed a certain phobia and possible panic attack and he wants someone to show interest- not mark it off as a mispost. It may not be the biggest thing ever put into this thread, but he said he's scared. It seems legitimate to be posted here, no?
"It's such a fine line between clever and stupid."

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 2000
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:05 am
Location: You see where I am.
Gender: Male

Re: Snafu Therapy Thread.

Postby Yog » Sun Jun 09, 2013 6:18 pm

what
Image
Resident Old God
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 324
Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:15 am
Location: The labyrinth that is my mind.
Gender: None specified

PreviousNext

Return to Central Compton Botanical Gardens

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 3 guests