Snafu Therapy Thread. This topic is under Mod protection

Enter At Your Own Risk (Shit Gets Cray Cray).

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Snafu Therapy Thread.

Postby noxux » Sat Jun 01, 2013 8:04 pm

That's true but sometimes you just can't change.
"The best thing about life is not knowing what will happen, what we do shows who we are" -иохчх
Pabst:"Aww, you're no fun Noxux.
A Fight in a Flash
I am a very tall midget

Postby Tragedy_and_Comedy » Sat Jun 01, 2013 8:36 pm

Change is possible. It's just hard
Really really fucking hard
You... you really don't get it... do you? I... I love him... I'd die with him. Or for him. That's what you do... how you feel when you love someone. - Impulse

Postby noxux » Sat Jun 01, 2013 8:38 pm

You just need to be how you like to be and that's all.
"The best thing about life is not knowing what will happen, what we do shows who we are" -иохчх
A Fight in a Flash
I am a very tall midget

Postby Tragedy_and_Comedy » Sat Jun 01, 2013 8:39 pm

Again. Learning how to do that is hard
You... you really don't get it... do you? I... I love him... I'd die with him. Or for him. That's what you do... how you feel when you love someone. - Impulse

Postby EagleMan » Sat Jun 01, 2013 8:40 pm

noxux wrote:You just need to be how you like to be and that's all.

Not everyone has a definite sense of self.

Postby noxux » Sat Jun 01, 2013 8:43 pm

I had not thought of that. Sorry.
A Fight in a Flash
I am a very tall midget

Postby Tragedy_and_Comedy » Sat Jun 01, 2013 8:49 pm

It took me a long time to think in just 'me' and 'I' 'cause as a twin it's always 'we' and 'us'. Figuring out what's me and what's things I went along with 'cause my twin likes it is hard

Postby Mir@k » Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:37 pm

So you used to think.. as one? That really does happen? I thought it was a movie thing
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Tragedy_and_Comedy » Sun Jun 02, 2013 1:47 am

Our thoughts were individual but we did everything together. All of our choices included what the other would prefer. You spend literally 99% of your time with someone and their needs and wants become a part of yours.
Say if I was invited to something and Mason wasn't I would not go. Because until I was like 16 I did not know how to function without Mason there.

My mother liked to joke that she actually had five children. Our younger brother, our younger sister, Mason, me and KathleenandMason.

Postby Tuor » Sun Jun 02, 2013 1:50 am

Wow
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Tragedy_and_Comedy » Sun Jun 02, 2013 1:53 am

She used to say Mason and I acted completely different when we were apart than when we were together. She still does actually.
Mason probably knows me better than I do

Postby Wulfespinndel » Sun Jun 02, 2013 1:54 am

EagleMan wrote:
noxux wrote:You just need to be how you like to be and that's all.

Not everyone has a definite sense of self.

You have no idea...
Reset. Recalibrate.

Postby Tuor » Sun Jun 02, 2013 1:55 am

Tragedy_and_Comedy wrote:She used to say Mason and I acted completely different when we were apart than when we were together.

Well of course
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Mir@k » Sun Jun 02, 2013 1:57 am

I see. That is very interesting. Did it ever come to the point where you'd feel lost without your twin?
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Tragedy_and_Comedy » Sun Jun 02, 2013 2:00 am

All the time. Even now. I spent three years living in a different province for college and I feel... more whole now that Mason's back to living with me. And I'd know that she was in a different province and I'd still look over my shoulder to explain what I was doing

Postby Panty Anarchy » Sun Jun 02, 2013 3:35 am

Whatis6times9 wrote:Pabst new goal here, be a good person not a nice one. Good and nice aren't synonyms and shouldn't be treated as such. Being good doesn't involve making yourself miserable for the benefit of someone who doesn't care about your feelings.

^Fucking this.
If there is ever anyone in your life that is making you miserable or angry or upset in any fashion, it's not your sworn civic duty to be the nice guy and keep them around. Being a truly good person entails doing what's good for you, not just for others.
I am thou... Thou art I... From the sea of thy soul, I come...
Soulchild: u thnk evry thng stupid.
DaCrum: Warbear, why did you suddenly become pretty cool? Stop it.
BR:love is just a boner everyone is looking to fart on warbear
Slutty Angel

Postby Panty Anarchy » Sun Jun 02, 2013 3:39 am

Your own personal happiness should come before anyone elses.

@Trag: That seems really strange to me. I guess probably because I don't have a twin. *shrug* So do you still have trouble determining who you yourself are? I know it's a thing that pretty much everyone develops over the course of their life, but do you feel like it's still more difficult for you?
Slutty Angel

Postby EagleMan » Sun Jun 02, 2013 3:42 am

Usually it's hard for twins to be their own person if their parents didn't actively encourage individuality their whole lives.

Conformity is practically inevitable if the parents don't try to stop it. You have people that look and sound the same going to the same school in the same grade living in the same house with the same parents. They go through the same life events the same way as the other. It also becomes convenient for parents too to have you do the same extracurriculars - I can just have them both do the same soccer league, the same martial arts class, and so on.

Either way, the twist: They share this account. One is Tragedy and the other is Comedy.

Postby Panty Anarchy » Sun Jun 02, 2013 3:46 am

I'm not trying to look down on any style of parenting, but that seems really awful to me. Maybe I'm just used to being an individual and doing my own thing, but I grew up with my parents taking heavy consideration to what I was into and what I was interested in.

Though I can see the stigma there. Common people see twins and expect them to be exactly the same and have a telepathy thing going on and they'd probably get mistaken for one another quite often (unless they're paternal, I guess. I'm not sure if they're identical.) I can imagine that being pretty damaging later on in life when you're trying to develop your own personal identity.
Slutty Angel

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Sun Jun 02, 2013 5:04 am

You know, I've had so many women in my life that would call me their guardian angel or joke that I was acting like a dad. They both made me feel sort of good. A little awkward when they'd call me the latter in public, but it made me smile... But was it a good thing? I don't know if I'm doubting it now, but thinking about it after all this makes me wonder about it.
"Cogito, ergo es eggo." A.K.A. "I think, therefore you are a waffle."
An Optimist

Postby Tragedy_and_Comedy » Sun Jun 02, 2013 7:03 pm

Our parents encouraged individuality where they could find it, like how Mason went into martial arts and I went to vocal lessons. aside from swimming those were the only extracurriculars we had. We never had to wear the same clothes or anything like that. And we liked different things, I was more of a reader and Mason liked being outside.
I found the main block for becoming individuals was at school, kids and even teachers never bothered to try to tell us apart. It was like we didn't even have names once we left the house. We're still not sure whether we're fraternal or identical but that's always the question we get first. Frankly I couldn't care less. It has no bearing on who we are.
I do still find myself wondering If I like something because I like it or because Mason likes it, but I am getting better at it.

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:07 am

Well it's good you're making progress.

Also, I have no idea where to post this, and it's not bad news but I don't feel like posting it in the talk thread. And it is sort of relating to my relationship with women... loosely... Very loosely.

I was working earlier when the daughter of my sister's friend and I met when she was wanting me to open up the liquor cabinet for something for a pool party of theirs. We talked a little and it was super close to me getting off anyways. I then found myself in a car full of mostly half naked girls going to their pool party and I'm bombarded with questions like who I was, how I ended up coming with them, who I knew, flirting here and there, and I was overwhelmed despite pulling a Yu Narukami somehow (Persona 4. Totally stone face yet serious. I don't know.). So I'm there, but we end up watching a horror movie and we're all laughing because it was a silly home made one. End up finding myself nomming down on a 15$ candy apple they gave me that was huge as all hell and was having a good time just talking with a room full of hipster people and bikini girls. Then it came time for me to leave, so the daughter gave me a ride home and all the way her uncle and her are again bombarding me with questions and the uncle is just astounded I'm actually putting a dent in the candy apple. Again, I put on my Yu Narukami face on apparently and the ride was pleasant and full of lovely scenery that I usually don't get to see.

The thing is though... what was this? Did the universe just hand me a "sorry for being a dick last month so here's a good time" card? Am I that charming to win over a car and a half full of people that I'm this super interesting amazing fellow? What the hell? I do consider myself fun, but I'm no party maker. I'm not used to being the center of attention to this degree. I'm happy, but confused.
An Optimist

Postby Tuor » Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:11 am

People were just curious about you since they had no idea who you were
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Blood Lord » Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:15 am

anyways, yeah. people can be friendly. Thank God someone posted some problems before I sent mine out. whoow.

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:31 am

Right... Maybe I was just paranoid. Looking a gift horse in the mouth.
An Optimist

PreviousNext

Return to BeeAre's Undesirables