Snafu Therapy Thread. *TRIGGER WARNINGS* This topic is under Mod protection

A Free And Independent Scotland.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Snafu Therapy Thread.

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Sun May 26, 2013 7:01 pm

Well, it's been a while since I've posted in here, so just going all out I guess.

This week's just been utter shit. First off it started with me getting bad news that I had accidentally written for days off on the wrong week, so it was a pain to begin with to try and get the most out of some plans I made for yesterday and Friday. Not all too bad, but a little annoying. It followed with a day later I end up getting between two fights, one on the bus home where this idiot old man started cursing out who he thought was a Norteño (hadn't heard that term in years) and then at home witha bunch of drunks with one being underage and trying to steal beers when he had to go to school. He gave me quite a hit and I'm still feeling it since it cut up my gums. After a couple days the worst happens this week and that girl I mentioned some time ago ends it... again... THROUGH A TEXT! I should have followed the advice here sooner and just delt away with her. But... I was just too attached to her. Left me devastated and I even had to go home early since I kept falling with zero strength in my legs. Went to a friend's house who lived close to work and helped me through it. Still shaken up she just acts all calm and distant, not even feeling like she cares at all about what happened. For the next couple days I was always afraid to check my texts thinking it was her. I couldn't bare to think of her, so that night I was drunk was me trying to get over it. Then comes Friday... I'm still feeling the sting, and I had switched shifts with someone to get it off. Then all of a sudden I get a call saying the person didn't show up and I had to come in anyways. Was just about to snap that day because I was just finished with this week. Got through it, but was on edge the entire time. On top of that I'd been called into the office at work numerous times for this or that this week that always got to me like they were on my case or the management messing something up and it still being on me to resolve. One thing after another happened, little things here and there, annoyances that would never get to me normally just bugging me to no end... Too much this week. Too much.
"Cogito, ergo es eggo." A.K.A. "I think, therefore you are a waffle."
An Optimist

Postby noxux » Sun May 26, 2013 7:15 pm

Mr.Sefrol you have to get over her if you don´t get over her you can´t keep moving on your life an you will have more problems. Never try to get stuck with someone unless you think is the one that will make you happy also with the problems of the fight just ignore those stupid people they just do that to have attenteion because no one ever approve them of how they are and they use that feeling on the society because they aren´t strong enough to take it. See it like this the girl miss one of the greatest things that could ever happened to her that´s why you got friends that always help you and make you feel better when something bad happens and about the job look it this way they could choose anyone but they choose you because you are the best for that job and if you have problems with it never be ashamed to ask for help see I never have dealt with this but I have friends that have the same problems as you and friends are for him and here are people for you. Hope you get better.
"The best thing about life is not knowing what will happen, what we do shows who we are" -иохчх
Pabst:"Aww, you're no fun Noxux.
A Fight in a Flash
I am a very tall midget

Postby EagleMan » Mon May 27, 2013 1:44 am

That's a lot man. There are times that everything goes wrong, but also times that everything goes right. Stay an optimist.

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Mon May 27, 2013 2:37 am

I often am. Everyone here should know this. It's not my description for nothing.

I know I'll get over it all soon enough, but for the time being it's all fresh and I've accepted I'm not going to be in the best mood. But I try and find things to make me happy, like I always have. The best cure for what's going on right now is time I believe. I'm on vacation at the moment and I have plenty of money at the moment, so there's plenty of time to be better before next Sunday. I'll probably be laughing it off by at least Wednesday-Thursday.
An Optimist

Postby noxux » Mon May 27, 2013 6:16 pm

I have some serious problems now in my school I have to work on many projects that were assigned the same day that were most of them to do a model also many people are now days in a ¨fuck you¨ mood as same as the teachers and they use that feeling against the students and at last someone this weeks have been stoling me all my books and notebooks but that´s not the worst in my home my brother and my mother are fighting alot and that also cause me alot of problems and now my mother want to talk to my father that they hate each other and there are near the point to fight with fists and for the last my Mom dosen´t have any money that means she can buy stuff like food and that means we can be out of food for many days and this is just Monday.
"The best thing about life is not knowing what will happen, what we do shows who we are" -иохчх
A Fight in a Flash
I am a very tall midget

Postby Tuor » Mon May 27, 2013 6:18 pm

I think you should try to talk to someone at school at explain how difficult your situation is. A councillor or even the principal or vice-principal.
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby noxux » Mon May 27, 2013 6:23 pm

Thanks for the advice, I will try it out.
A Fight in a Flash
I am a very tall midget

Postby True Order » Wed May 29, 2013 5:58 am

Hmm. I don't think I have to re-re-repeat that my problems are in no way more dire than others, right?

So random medical question...

If I want to efficiently fix my sleeping schedule would it work better if I skipped a night of sleep then fall asleep early the following day or do I have no choice but to do the slow route recommended on eHow?
"Finish what you started human!" - Kamaji from Spirited Away
Overthinker

Postby Icha » Wed May 29, 2013 10:57 am

Are you talking about that strange 6 hours of sleep spaced out on 2 hour intervals throughout the day thing? Somehow I think the slow way is better than jumping right in, because you're trying to get your body to adjust to it.
One time when I was high, I thought I was in an ambulance dying. Turns out I was just eating sherbert.
-stufflikehearts-

Postby True Order » Wed May 29, 2013 1:03 pm

Well ok then.

I suck at that kind of thing but I'll consider giving it a shot.
Overthinker

Postby EagleMan » Wed May 29, 2013 4:26 pm

What kind of schedule are you talking about? Just getting back on a normal track? What works for me is I just force myself to get up early one day so I'm able to go to sleep earlier, and then it resets easily after that. 20 year olds do naturally stay up and sleep later though (not necessarily to 3 or 4 am or whatever though), so you can't fix that.

Postby True Order » Wed May 29, 2013 5:48 pm

Yep the goal is to get back on what is considered a normal sleeping schedule. I have some summer classes and am intent on getting a job so a normal sleeping schedule would be nice...

What sucks is that my migraines, despite being mostly under control, have taught me to associate loud noises and light with pain. Me and the daylight don't get along too well and at night I feel a certain level of truly relaxed peace the likes of which I hardly ever feel during the day.
Overthinker

Postby Guardian » Wed May 29, 2013 11:54 pm

You could wear those shade, strap things that people wear at night so light doesn't bother them. I can't remember what they are called.
“Salvation comes with a cost. Judge us not by our methods, but by what we seek to accomplish.”

"To punish and enslave..."
Semper Vigilans

Postby Tuor » Thu May 30, 2013 12:02 am

I think he's talking about not liking daylight, like when he's walking around during the day and doing stuff, not for trying to sleep or waking up from it.
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Creppy Eggy » Thu May 30, 2013 12:11 am

Aren't there prescribed sunglasses to help those who have trouble looking at the Sun due to pain?
As I saw the creature, I was as white as an egg. I was so scared I might crack from fear. As the humanoid began to lunge after me, I was walking on egg shells from how scared I was. It grabbed me, took me to its station, and cracked me open. The last thing I saw were my yellow insides cooked on a pan. Human nature is as evil as a rotten egg.

Stuff: Exodis is funnier than people give him credit for.
The Intergalactic Huevo

Postby Guardian » Thu May 30, 2013 12:11 am

Tuor wrote:I think he's talking about not liking daylight, like when he's walking around during the day and doing stuff, not for trying to sleep or waking up from it.

Ahh. See I thought it was a issue with the light in the morning. mah bad.
“Salvation comes with a cost. Judge us not by our methods, but by what we seek to accomplish.”

"To punish and enslave..."
Semper Vigilans

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Thu May 30, 2013 4:14 pm

My ex started texting me again, wanting to just be friends. I told her after what she did, I could never be only friends. I've suffered with her, had happy times with her, been there when she needed me. And... after I ended it and told her how I felt about what happened she called me dramatic like she didn't even realize how much pain she caused me. Even tried to make me jealous about another guy and got her father involved (I think... I always feel when another person is supposedly using her phone to text me it's her trying to pull something). I did sort of say some hurtful things, but I tried to keep myself calm and never be derogatory, but she comes out cursing, saying all this intentionally hateful things... I'm just not going to go out today. I'm not feeling well.
An Optimist

Postby Tuor » Thu May 30, 2013 4:20 pm

At this point you seriously just need to ignore her and sever any other contact you have with her, as much as you can.
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Thu May 30, 2013 5:46 pm

My dad dropped by out of the blue and we started talking about it. I'm glad my dad came otherwise I would have just sulked all day. Going out to dinner now. I think I get my impeccable timing from him.
An Optimist

Postby EagleMan » Thu May 30, 2013 5:48 pm

If you absolutely cannot resist contacting her back, when she leaves a text or a voicemail, 9 hours later text back "lol" and say nothing further.

Of course doing as Tuor said is much more preferable.

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Thu May 30, 2013 8:42 pm

I'm gonna try and do what Tuor recommended. But it's just painful to even think of her and how she acted. She treated me like I was being this total asshole and going over the top. Left a sour taste in my mouth like everything was my fault and that I was over exaggerating over things. I know I wasn't, but it doesn't shake the feeling.

But in about a month or two I feel she'll try and contact me again saying the guy she brought up was like all her other loser bfs and try and get back with me...
An Optimist

Postby Tuor » Thu May 30, 2013 8:45 pm

And then you say "Well you had your chances, too bad, so sad"
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Thu May 30, 2013 8:46 pm

I'm not that much of a dick though T-T I'm too nice of a guy...
An Optimist

Postby Tuor » Thu May 30, 2013 8:51 pm

You don't have to say exactly that, but that's the gist of what you should say if you have to say somethin
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Thu May 30, 2013 8:55 pm

Right... The sting is still there. Gladly my father was here to take me out and spend time with me. It was refreshing...
An Optimist

PreviousNext

Return to Central Compton Botanical Gardens