Snafu Therapy Thread. This topic is under Mod protection

This forum can be a scary place, 'cause we got lax rules: let's see your war face. Take a breath, and roll the dice, you might find out we're really nice.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Snafu Therapy Thread.

Postby Exodis » Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:10 pm

Thank you, Yog. I very appreciate the help.
Mir@k: Exodis is the little kid of the forum, compared to everyone else.
Grey: From now on i will call you eggy because i don't like x but ex sounds like eggs. i like eggs.
Yog: Exodis, your manner of speech and the way you conduct yourself is beginning to evolve to the point where I'm starting to like you.
Blood Lord: Yup, Randori is a very well respected night elf of the community. His valuable service to the site has brought great blessings to this people.
BeeAre: I'm totally gay for Randori.
Stuff: Exodis, you are learning. Mama is proud.

Deemed as the best, Outlawed as the worst.
Check out my story! Exodis - The Last Savior
The Kid

Postby EagleMan » Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:11 am

Exodis wrote:I never thought I'd post my problems here in the Therapy Thread, but... here I am.

So recently I've started noticing that I've been mainly secluding myself from the world. Meaning that I haven't been interacting a lot with others. I mean, yeah I got to school, have my share of fun there, and then that's it. I've become the socially awkward, isolated person I didn't want to become. I hate it. Just me, doing nothing while I see others having a grand ol' time, not realizing that someone's in their house doing nothing for their life. It's just a pain in the ass to always push myself to do something rather than just playing video games all fucking day. This whole bloody spring break I've done nothing. Absolutely fucking nothing. I just see these people, some that I know in school, having a great time... care free... while I'm here... just secluded. Is this from my goddamn autism? I don't know. In the end, what I'm asking is... well, what can I do? I know the answer's gonna be "Go out there and live!" but it's harder for me to do. I mean, I can go out there... but then what's next? Maybe I'm just being paranoid... maybe. God my life's a huge mess...

So what is it you want? The most I can see is that you envy others being "care free". What do you think that entails? What are you frustrated about that others are doing and you aren't? Asking and answering these questions may help you. Not everyone is meant for a party life. Is there much of a meaningful difference between partying all night and gaming all night? It can depend, but all of it can be meaningless or meaningful based on circumstance.

What's a great time to you? Do you have any that you can remember?

Postby Exodis » Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:25 am

It's just whenever I see others happy and full of life it just makes mines look pitiful as I do nothing and sulk. I just want my life to be more... "lively", if you catch my drift. Not a party life, but a life where I can not only care about my studies but at the same time have fun with others (like friends). But my problem is that I'm socially akward, as in I have trouble trying to go out and hang out with friends. It just pains me to see my life go by, pissing it all away because of seclusion...
Grey: From now on i will call you eggy because i don't like x but ex sounds like eggs. i like eggs.
Yog: Exodis, your manner of speech and the way you conduct yourself is beginning to evolve to the point where I'm starting to like you.
Blood Lord: Yup, Randori is a very well respected night elf of the community. His valuable service to the site has brought great blessings to this people.

The Kid

Postby Hana » Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:43 am

Normally, I wouldn't even think about posting in a thread like this. Too afraid of burdening people with my problems, or scared shitless or whatever.

But having come back and seen the thing with Ethan...That scares me more, so...Here goes. Deep breathing and not thinking about how stupid this sounds.

I hate me. Most of the time, I hate me. I hate who I am. I was trained from a young age that other people's opinions (namely my mom's) and feelings were more important than my own. I was dirt, and useless unless I was doing something to please someone else. Being selfish was...It was the biggest sin ever.

Sometime around two or three years ago, I realized that something was seriously wrong. I'd attempted suicide when I was a teenager, sure, but...I had attributed that to hormones and a hellish high-school life fraught with unpopularity and bullying. I shouldn't have been feeling suicidal in my mid-to-late twenties, because those reasons were long behind me, right? Well, honestly, I doubt that hormones or high school were my root problem. I think my root problem was my mother. In my 'expert' medical opinion, I've come to diagnose her with Narcissistic Personality Disorder.

Hell, let me illustrate this point. My mom came up to visit me, and told me my aunt had said that I told her my stepfather used to jack off and cum on my face. I told her that wasn't true. I told her the truth. That he had sexually abused me by masturbating in front of me, but that he'd never ejaculated on me. She was okay with this. She said she would have had to divorce him if he'd ejaculated on my face...but she was perfectly fine with the rest of it. She wouldn't have been able to face the shame of all of it having been true. This is the woman who shaped my life. It was not about my psychological fucked-up-ness due to having been forced to watch my stepfather pleasure himself, but her shame.

So, yeah. It's been a huge struggle to catch myself in the act of debasing myself or discarding my own desires in an attempt to make other people happy. It's been hard to focus on me, and what I want and...who the hell I really even am, because I don't even really know anymore. Identity issues fucking suck, let me tell you.

Ugh. I'm already starting to waffle on whether posting this is a good idea, so I'm cutting it off here for now. When I get the courage, I'll try to get some more off my chest.
Official Forum Mom
Wayward

Postby Exodis » Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:13 am

I'm... I'm truly sorry for what's happened to you Hana. Most of the things you've gone through... well, I've had experience with that as well. Excluding your step-father's experience, I was bullied greatly in my 5th, 6th, 7th, and 8th year in school. It affected me immensely, even pushing me close to the verge of suicide. In such a young age I had thoughts of death. I always thought my life was pathetic, that I was "a mistake" and that I'd rather be dead than alive. I still have memories of hate, of depression, of.. well, seclusion. I did, however, have people help me through my depression and problems but it wasn't enough, honestly. After those dreadful years, I then moved from my old home and went to a high school where I was nobody. In short, I had a fresh, new start. All I have to say.. is... well, after my experience; never take the coward's way out. Always see life as a million doors; close the one door you despise and open a new one to start anew. You have a beautiful daughter and should cherish her and give her love, and a childhood/life much better than of yours. Try to leave the past behind, and focus on the life of your daughter. I hope, hope, HOPE that this helps you...
Last edited by Exodis on Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Kid

Postby Tuor » Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:16 am

It's great that you're gettin this stuff off this chest, and I hope it helps. That being said, can you not talk to your partner about this? I imagine sharing these things with someone in person would be way more helpful.
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Hana » Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:34 am

I do talk to him about it. It helps to do so. But he's got problems of his own, and although I've grown to have a good deal more self esteem with his help, he takes it personally when I say that I don't like myself, as though he hasn't done enough to help fix me. Or whatever. It becomes a downward spiral that I really just can't deal with, unless I catch him in just the right mood, and then he's super helpful and supportive.

I took a Parent Effectiveness Training course...and that really helped. It taught me that if it's not my problem, I don't have to fix it. I can't fix the world, and I shouldn't be trying to. I shouldn't be trying to make anyone except myself happy. Even my little girl, once she gets to a point where she can make her own decisions...Right now, she's still little enough that her happiness is kind of dependent on her parents.

Honestly, sometimes, she's all that gets me through the day. And sometimes, that sweet smile of hers just makes me want to cry, because I know how fucked up the world is...because some days all I can think about is how much she's going to be hurt...How far you have to fall when you're that happy. It's a shitty line of thought, and I try to stop myself whenever I catch myself doing it, but it's hard.

I'm also kind of a hot mess because of hormones. Birth control be playing havoc with my body, and all that. So, yeah.
Official Forum Mom
Wayward

Postby Birdofterror » Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:34 am

Hana, you sound like a wonderful person and I hope you all the best wishes the internet can garner.

I respect everything you've done and the hardships you've endured to reach this point in your life.

For what it's worth, I would be honored to shake your hand, I don't see many model human beings anymore.

There's not a lot I can do through the internet to help you, but from what it sounds like- you don't really need it. You have all the tools to help yourself, the power to do so and the will to get it done. So good luck, even though you probably don't need 'that' either- Ha!
Bird oft Error

Postby Grey » Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:11 am

i'm sorry if i've ever - in any way - exacerbated the situation with my attacks in the past, hana

i would feel like a hypocrite if i tried to dole out any advice, so i'll simply say that you have absolutely no good reason to hate yourself and that i hope you and your child find happiness in life.
I'm NORML and I VOTE
Soul Silver Friend Code: 0260-2900-0828
Suave Brit

Sexiness: Godlike

Postby Yog » Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:41 am

Well, Hana.

I have to say that I have an enormous respect for you, now. Not to imply that I didn't before.

Your daughter is really lucky to have a mother like you. I'm sure she'll never be truly sad as long you're with her.

I really envy her, haha.
DaCrum
Yog, you are one cool motherfucka.
One day this child shall learn the beauty of life.
Absurdum vitae.
Thanks for being there for me, man.

Postby Ro Wong » Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:33 am

Always wanted to say something to you or do something to help, but I never felt anything was good enough to really offer what you needed. Maybe telling others is what you needed.

I could say it a million times and it'd never be enough: You are a great person, Kay. Despite everything -- your mother, the world -- you have grown into someone special. Thank you for being strong, hun.
Demon of Elru

Postby Hana » Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:42 am

Thanks, guys. The support means a lot. Being able to talk about it (mostly) without fear of being judged is...Well, it really sucks to hold it all inside.

What's the most unsettling is that I've been having to wade through life asking myself if the things I like are really because I like them, or because I've been conditioned to like them...because someone else likes them and I've forced myself to like them as well, just so there's a common ground that I can use to make other people happy. It's pretty insidious.

I went on a huge yarn-buying binge. 'Cause my mom doesn't knit. I know that's mine. I got squishy lovely yarn and fiber and when I start questioning myself, I go back to something soft...like yak down, and I can say: "this is me. THIS is one thing I know is mine, that I like." Okay, so I started to knit because a friend was knitting and I wanted her to be proud of me, but...I'm not friends with her anymore. Haven't been for years. And I'm still knitting. Because I like it. That's been a big positive thing for me.
Official Forum Mom
Wayward

Postby Grey » Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:11 pm

sometimes rebellion is therapeutic
it definitely made me feel better at times, to go against the words of my oh-so-wise parents

these people have had an immeasurable effect on your life, it's definitely nice to feel you have something that is yours and in no way their's, because there are few things that fit that bill. my tv? theirs. my pc? they bought it for me for christmas. my drug addiction? mine.
I'm NORML and I VOTE
Soul Silver Friend Code: 0260-2900-0828
Suave Brit

Sexiness: Godlike

Postby EagleMan » Sat Apr 06, 2013 4:10 am

Exodis wrote:It's just whenever I see others happy and full of life it just makes mines look pitiful as I do nothing and sulk. I just want my life to be more... "lively", if you catch my drift. Not a party life, but a life where I can not only care about my studies but at the same time have fun with others (like friends). But my problem is that I'm socially akward, as in I have trouble trying to go out and hang out with friends. It just pains me to see my life go by, pissing it all away because of seclusion...

Well if it's any consolation, consider that you're only seeing people from a very small part of their life. Those people you're thinking that of, they could be staring right back at you thinking the same of you, envying how you look so happy and full of life. If this really pains you so, what stops you from going out? Do you still have friends to do it with? How about acquaintances? Make them into friends. Or is it anxiety that stops you from going out? Then there's ways to help that. It is a difficult place to get out of though, but you should at least make a token effort. If you're scared of rejection, consider that it can't get much worse than where you're at now. So what if they say no, or if they're busy? Forget them. You tried at least. That's better than not trying. And if they say yes, all the better. If they actually reject you, then you know who isn't worth your time and you've saved yourself a lot of brainpower obsessing over them.

Postby Yog » Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:33 am

Sarah got me into working with clay, and was one of the people that pushed me into getting a cat.

But I kept them, because I wanted to keep them, even after breaking up.

My writing is what I want to do, also.
DaCrum
Absurdum vitae.

Postby Exodis » Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:55 pm

EagleMan wrote:Well if it's any consolation, consider that you're only seeing people from a very small part of their life. Those people you're thinking that of, they could be staring right back at you thinking the same of you, envying how you look so happy and full of life. If this really pains you so, what stops you from going out? Do you still have friends to do it with? How about acquaintances? Make them into friends. Or is it anxiety that stops you from going out? Then there's ways to help that. It is a difficult place to get out of though, but you should at least make a token effort. If you're scared of rejection, consider that it can't get much worse than where you're at now. So what if they say no, or if they're busy? Forget them. You tried at least. That's better than not trying. And if they say yes, all the better. If they actually reject you, then you know who isn't worth your time and you've saved yourself a lot of brainpower obsessing over them.

I'll... I'll try Eagle. Thanks.

The Kid

Postby Riz » Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:58 pm

I'm not really here, this is an automated post

those of you that know my tumblr and have not read about the latest major event and diagnosis in my life yet, I've got a tasty tl;dr Read More to feast your eyes upon. posting this cuz some of you actually care about me for some silly reason.

k bye again

if you need me I'll be in my bunk
with a heart colder than a welldiggers nutsack

Postby Exodis » Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:41 pm

Someone link me to Riz's tumblr, please?

The Kid

Postby Whatis6times9 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:46 pm

Find it yourself.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Mir@k » Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:46 pm

Wow. What a tale riz. :S I'm so sorry that happened, i hate that i don't know what to say, if what you feel is true then there's very little i can say that could comfort you, but even if it seems like an empty text, please know that you have my support, even if we don't talk much.

I was going to post this on tumblr but i don't know how to comment.
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Morpheus » Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:38 pm

I'm sorry that you had to go through all of that Lily.
Know that if you do need any encouragement and support we're always here.

Postby NeoWarrior7 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:30 am

I wouldn't know how to find it myself either; I'm terrible at tumblr.

Whatever it is, I really hope you can work through it and things get better Lily.
For the Greater Good

Postby Yog » Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:07 am

God damn it, Lily, I'm so sorry.

You should separate from everything and everyone to do with the incident.

And take up your issue with the administration office. That's fucking bullshit.
DaCrum
Absurdum vitae.

Postby Exodis » Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:58 am

Fuckin' hell, Riz. I'm so sorry.

I don't know what to say... get better, I guess. We're always here for you, no matter what.

The Kid

Postby Whatis6times9 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:14 am

Yog wrote:God damn it, Lily, I'm so sorry.

You should separate from everything and everyone to do with the incident.

And take up your issue with the administration office. That's fucking bullshit.

She doesn't have much recourse against the university because of standard protocol.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

PreviousNext

Return to Wham, Spam, Thank you, Ma'am!