What the frick?!

This forum can be a scary place, 'cause we got lax rules: let's see your war face. Take a breath, and roll the dice, you might find out we're really nice.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: What the frick?!

Postby Rough Giraffe » Sat Jul 23, 2011 9:37 am

DaCrum wrote:Just make fun of your idiocy.

Naturally. I take it you didn't read anything I had to say about Net Neutrality. Because even if I might not sound like it, I do know what I'm talking about. Networking and Security are my forte.
A little bit Ruff around the edges

Postby DaCrum » Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:06 pm

Ruff, maybe you can defend this, I was wondering how exactly Glenn Beck is justified in comparing the recently attacked Norwegian Labor Party summer camp to a "Hitler Youth" camp. Or how he can question the Norwegian families on sending their children to a "political summer camp", while giving the opening speech to the "9-12" conservative summer camp?
Escape will make me God.
65124_134_12++[CMND PRAMA +49c2]

Postby Q.U. » Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:05 am

Conservative right-wingers never learned what hypocrisy is, so they don't even notice that. Give it a few days and that Norwegian guy will be a hero to the GOP, a hero fighting against Muslim extremists and commie government, while in reality it was just a racist maniac fuelled by hate and misguided Christian dogma.
This post is intended for information only. Please do not reply to this message as responses cannot be read or acknowledged due to the stupidity of the user.

Postby BeeAre » Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:03 pm

that's the weirdest thing though, RuffDraft is totally atheist, so he doesn't agree with fox news or any other organization with any views that support religion. o_O
Snafu Comics' Forum Alpha Bro, Staff Writer, Editor, Image, and Keeper of the Jar Brain of Secret President. RIP Ku Ku Ku \(-^.^-)/ U Wuz A REAL N***A!!!!!!!
"We're quite aware of this. BR is no happy rainbow face man. He is simply our neighborhood best fucking poster." ~ Warbear
Puff Most Epic.
Ladies and Gentlemen, The:
BR

Postby Marquis de Soth » Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:05 pm

Oh oh oh oh oh! I can answer that!

Lolfox.

That is all.
Marquis de Soth

Postby NeoWarrior7 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:53 pm

While they are stupid, Fox isn't retarded enough to try something like that. Glen Beck perhaps, but not the network.
Last I checked, Fox is owned by Rupert Murdoch, who is still reeling from the phone hacking scandal. In short, too risky, not gonna happen anyway.
For the Greater Good

Postby BeeAre » Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:14 pm

fox news: "lol obama invited a rapper complicit with cop-killing to the white house how shameful"

jon stewart: "he was being ironic to suggest that cop-killing was actually bad for the urban community"

fox news: "shameful!!!"

everyone else a few months later: "lol rupert murdoch's property engaged in illegal invasions of privacy and bribery wow this is so awful"

fox news: "why is everyone focusing on this???????????????? LIBERAL BIAS"
Snafu Comics' Forum Alpha Bro, Staff Writer, Editor, Image, and Keeper of the Jar Brain of Secret President. RIP Ku Ku Ku \(-^.^-)/ U Wuz A REAL N***A!!!!!!!
"We're quite aware of this. BR is no happy rainbow face man. He is simply our neighborhood best fucking poster." ~ Warbear
Puff Most Epic.
Ladies and Gentlemen, The:
BR

Postby Rough Giraffe » Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:34 am

RuffDraft wrote:I take it you didn't read anything I had to say about Net Neutrality.
DaCrum wrote:[Unrelated tangent, complete with a measuring stick and a boner]
You don't even care what I have to say, so why should I try to discuss anything with you?

Postby DaCrum » Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:24 pm

I don't care about net neutrality. Really. Congratulations. Answer my damn question.
Escape will make me God.

Postby LostD » Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:39 pm

DaCrum, no offense man, but not caring about his topic gives little reason to care about yours.

Also, I listened to the whole, uncut 12 minute broadcast from Glenn Beck. As much as it hurt my mind, Glenn Beck making a simile in poor taste with careless words (remember, this is a guy who frequently puts Fascism and Communism in the same description, before sometimes correcting himself) was the least of my worries. There are far worst things (Being multicultural by blood, I find Beck's stance on it disgusting) Beck says, but it seems CNN and most people follow the same line of focus most people without truly listening make. Yes, it was incredibly rude to compare a camp that faced tragedy to the "Hitler's Youth", but that is the only mention Beck makes to it. The rest is absorbed into his beliefs against multiculturalism, that "western" values will be lost and fears of extremism raise.

I'm more disturbed that he doesn't mention any form of redemption or saving grace. As messed up as racism is, there still is the mentality that "We can be saved if..." Beck seems content with saying "we're heading to either a cliff or hell."

The one line pulled from his report is just a man not careful with his choice in words (and Beck ain't). He does call the attack monsterous and compares it to terrorism. It's just he agrees with what the attacker's fears regarding spreading Islam (and loosely uses that, though initially saying "extremist", before just saying muslim... not helping).

Postby DaCrum » Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:48 pm

Technically speaking, it is a terrorist attack. He's a class A example of a domestic terrorist. Well, at least I think so.
Escape will make me God.

Postby Rough Giraffe » Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:04 am

DaCrum wrote:Answer my damn question.
You're being very demanding. And anyway, even if I did go and listen to his rant and made an objective argument based on the merit of what he's saying over what the situation is, would you listen to what I say or would you just discount what I say because I tend to side with the conservative argument? Unless I think it would be anything less than a waste of my time, I'm not gonna bother arguing anything with you.

Postby DaCrum » Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:02 pm

I really don't mind conservative fiscally. And I can deal with it socially. I just don't like Beck really.

And now I know how I feel and why I've stopped arguing here. There's no point.
Escape will make me God.

Postby Rough Giraffe » Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:32 am

Here's what I got out of listening to Beck talk about the event on his Radio show (You don't have to go there, that's just the full 12:55 of him talking about it.):

- He compared the camp itself to Hitler Youth because it's a camp all about politics, which... well I'm not sure I like that idea either. When I think of Hitler Youth, I think of a group of kids being told and taught to think a certain way, and any form of questioning attitude is frowned upon (and in a REAL Hitler Youth camp, it would probably be fatal). Imagine a camp where you were taught that the sky was actually not blue, but red, and if you said otherwise you were hit with a ruler by some stout female with a little too much testosterone. That's probably closer to the truth than one might think.

Even so, Beck's comment about the Hitler Youth was only one sentence or so. The rest of the 12 minutes was him discussing the event itself and things he believes to be pertinent to it.

- Beck calls out people saying that Islam is evil. Beck iterated that he believes that Islam itself is not evil but that Islam as it is being taught by Ahmadinejad (sp?) is evil, and that there are good Muslims, and that they need to be strengthened as a whole for any kind of peace to exist.

- Beck points out that the shooter/bomber was Right-wing extremist. Credit where it's due?

So anyway, I'm pretty sure that's all you really asked, and I'm sure you first heard about it on some mainstream news network, like CNN and that colored your opinion to what it is now. Was there something specific you wanted me to say?

Postby DaCrum » Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:27 pm

You spelled Ahmadinejad right! Nice!

Anyways, nah, just wanted your take on it. How about the hypocrisy of criticizing the Labour Party Camp as a political camp, whilst promoting camps that are pretty derned political like 9-12?
Escape will make me God.

Postby NeoWarrior7 » Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:37 pm

Don't ya know it's only political brainwashing if it's run by the other side?
For the Greater Good

Previous

Return to Wham, Spam, Thank you, Ma'am!