Game of Thrones (Here There Be Spoilers)

This forum can be a scary place, 'cause we got lax rules: let's see your war face. Take a breath, and roll the dice, you might find out we're really nice.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Game of Thrones (Here There Be Spoilers)

Postby Tenshi Nova » Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:25 pm

The latest episode, the wedding of Joffrey Baratheon and Marjorie Tyrell! Like all Game of Thrones wedding, bad things just happen.

Joffrey is dead! Whether you think it's good or bad, death is just bad in general. Now the questions! What will happen to Tyrion? And who is to be the new king? Oh, there's so much more! I'm still a bit in shock, so I can't think it all out. I am curious with the opinions you all have though!   

Tuor Edit: You can freely post things relating to the show, but events that occur in the book that would spoil events upcoming in the show should be in spoiler tags
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
Rocks
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Re: Game of Thrones

Postby Senel » Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:29 pm

Waiting for the upload for the internet. Though I have been waiting for the moment.

I actually kind of liked Joffrey. He was a villain in the truest sense of the role.   

Location: That city where The Office supposedly takes place in.

Postby Tenshi Nova » Sun Apr 13, 2014 10:02 pm

Agreed, but I also blame the way he was raised.

I'm not sure how Tyrion can get any of the blame, he was being watched by countless people from multiple angles. Not to mention, that if he would kill him, there's no way he'd do it himself and in such a manner/timing.   
Rocks
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Senel » Sun Apr 13, 2014 10:14 pm

I love how people can say Theon deserves what he's getting. Like really? I'd say he has already suffered plenty for the murder of the two kids. I'd say he suffered in spades when he lost his    dick   . Very little love for the guy suffering the most.

Postby Tuor » Sun Apr 13, 2014 10:25 pm

lol "bad things"   
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Tuor » Sun Apr 13, 2014 10:26 pm

Tenshi Nova wrote:Agreed, but I also blame the way he was raised.

I'm not sure how Tyrion can get any of the blame, he was being watched by countless people from multiple angles. Not to mention, that if he would kill him, there's no way he'd do it himself and in such a manner/timing.   

You're acting like logic is going to play a huge role, I'm not so sure it will
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Tenshi Nova » Sun Apr 13, 2014 10:47 pm

With Tywin, I'm expecting for some logic. Even Jamie would likely 'side' with Tyrion. I'd say Varys would try to support Tyrion as much as he can as well.
Rocks
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Tuor » Sun Apr 13, 2014 11:12 pm

Maybe, although when Cersei has her mind set on something she's pretty hard to stop. I think Jaime will support Tyrion more than you might expect
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Tenshi Nova » Sun Apr 13, 2014 11:34 pm

I'm expecting Jamie to support Tyrion straight up, but he'll still hesitate at first. Jamie's still looking to be on his family's good side.
Rocks
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby EagleMan » Sun Apr 13, 2014 11:47 pm

Tenshi Nova wrote:The latest episode, the wedding of Joffrey Baratheon and Marjorie Tyrell! Like all Game of Thrones wedding, bad things just happen.

Joffrey is dead! Whether you think it's good or bad, death is just bad in general. Now the questions! What will happen to Tyrion? And who is to be the new king? Oh, there's so much more! I'm still a bit in shock, so I can't think it all out. I am curious with the opinions you all have though!   

New king should be Tommen. You might've noticed him as the blonde kid sitting at the table who wasn't Joffrey. As the next oldest brother he has the right to the throne. They also name dropped Myrcella who's in Dorne or something who is Cersei's daughter.   

Also if anyone uses book spoilers please specifically mention that you are.

Postby Tuor » Sun Apr 13, 2014 11:49 pm

What about Margaery, wouldn't she just get to rule now?   
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Tenshi Nova » Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:16 am

I don't believe so. Bran and Rickon have a higher claim to Winterfell than Sansa, so Tommen may have a higher claim to the throne than Margaery.   
Rocks
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Tuor » Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:18 am

I feel like that's only because Bran and Rickon and Sansa are siblings. I don't know that would translate to this situation where Margaery is already Queen. Maybe it would, though. Then again. Maybe Tommen will die. Or maybe they'll just make Margaery and him get married. That'd probably work nicely for Margaery, no doubt she could manipulate him pretty easily   
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Tenshi Nova » Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:50 am

Joffrey took the throne over Cersei. I do see more problems for Tommen though. Both the men Marjorie married were assassinated, and Cersei would likely not want the last child in her care to have a target painted on his back.   
Rocks
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Senel » Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:54 am

Book spoiler:    Huehuehuehuehuehuehue   

Postby Tuor » Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:01 am

Tenshi Nova wrote:   Joffrey took the throne over Cersei.   

Well ya, but she's his mom, but of a different situation, I feel   
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Tenshi Nova » Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:07 am

Oh, I believe Rob, Bran and Rickon have Winterfell before Catelyn.   
Rocks
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Tuor » Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:15 am

Right
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby EagleMan » Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:58 am

Tuor wrote:   What about Margaery, wouldn't she just get to rule now?   

No, Cersei should go back to being Queen Regent I think. The wedding wasn't really finished either, you have to have the bedding ceremony to make it "official". Plus I mean it's the King's younger brother. If Margaery had fully married Joff and he had no siblings then maybe she'd rule as Queen, but the princes do ascend, hence Stannis's rebellion since as the next oldest brother and true Baratheon he had the rightful claim. Margaery will probably just remarry Tommen though, it's not like the marriage was done out of love, it was done to cement an alliance, and as with Sansa they have no problem marrying off young people. As Brienne bounces around so will Margaery.   

Postby Whatis6times9 » Mon Apr 14, 2014 2:58 pm

I shall return to this thread when I am caught up.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Whatis6times9 » Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:05 pm

Well I'm all caught up.

FTK
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Tuor » Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:06 pm

Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Whatis6times9 » Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:08 pm

The Hound has become my favorite character.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Tenshi Nova » Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:18 pm

I forgot how much I missed Brienne.
Rocks
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Whatis6times9 » Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:22 pm

Brienne I feel needs more character development.

Rule idea, show spoilers are fair game, book spoilers are spoiler tagged?
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Next

Return to Wham, Spam, Thank you, Ma'am!