Its not so bad... right?

A Free And Independent Scotland.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Its not so bad... right?

Postby Mad-Mutt » Sat Nov 15, 2014 9:00 pm

We've all heard it said on the internet like a thousand-million-billion times by now.
You know when some really depressing or stupid shit goes down and someone writes (in their own upset mood that may or may not be justified) something along the lines of, "I've lost all faith in humanity," or they quote Futurama in saying, "I don't want to live on this planet anymore."

I've just been seeing a lot of anger and depression lately so I wanted to make a thread for people who just want a little bit of that good old faith in humanity restored. Like a story or an event or anything really that might help remind us that as bad as things can get, there's still some good left in the world.

I can be something along the lines of this:

Or it could even be something that's fictional like this:

Yes, its a commercial/short film, but its still so sweet it hurts and I refuse to believe this wasn't made or writen by someone with a really positive outlook on life.

Basically anything that gives you that feel good feeling that helps you think, "You know, maybe its not that bad?"

I think people need something like that every so often.

So do whatever you want, if you know about a feel good story, go ahead and share it. If you just want to yuk it up bellow like everywhere else in spam then go right ahead, whatever cheers you up, go for it.
Bark

Re: Its not so bad... right?

Postby OrangeBee » Sat Nov 15, 2014 9:23 pm

Life is full of shit but it also has uplifting moments.
THE OFFICIAL SHITPOSTER

Exodis: Image us as the Camelot, the guy going as a troll/Krest, and Hiroko as... the bunny.
ShitPoster

Postby Glacial Expanse » Sat Nov 15, 2014 10:09 pm

In Lak'ech Ala K'in. :)
"Nostalgia and border line depression is not a good combination. Looking back at the 90's and early 2000's brings back good memories, but it's also torture cause we're all older now and just realize that life was just simple at one time." ~ comeonman89, Nelly Furtado - I'm Like a Bird - YouTube
Previous Quote

Wulfespinndel
This too shall pass.

Postby Glacial Expanse » Sat Nov 15, 2014 10:14 pm

"Nostalgia and border line depression is not a good combination. Looking back at the 90's and early 2000's brings back good memories, but it's also torture cause we're all older now and just realize that life was just simple at one time." ~ comeonman89, Nelly Furtado - I'm Like a Bird - YouTube
Previous Quote

Wulfespinndel
This too shall pass.

Postby Glacial Expanse » Sat Nov 15, 2014 10:18 pm

Previous Quote

Wulfespinndel
This too shall pass.

Postby The Mad Doctor » Sat Nov 15, 2014 10:19 pm

We need more threads like this.
Not Space Jesus

Postby Glacial Expanse » Sat Nov 15, 2014 10:22 pm

Previous Quote

Wulfespinndel
This too shall pass.

Postby Glacial Expanse » Sat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm

For cat lovers:

Previous Quote

Wulfespinndel
This too shall pass.

Postby Glacial Expanse » Sat Nov 15, 2014 10:56 pm

Previous Quote

Wulfespinndel
This too shall pass.

Postby Glacial Expanse » Sat Nov 15, 2014 11:04 pm

Previous Quote

Wulfespinndel
This too shall pass.

Postby Mad-Mutt » Sun Nov 16, 2014 7:09 pm

Wulfespinndel wrote:Image

In Lak'ech Ala K'in. :)

Out of all the post you made in this thread so far, this one really made me smile. Thanks for sharing that.

The Mad Doctor wrote:We need more threads like this.

I agree, that's why I thought it be nice to make this one. :)
Bark

Postby Mad-Mutt » Sun Nov 23, 2014 3:12 pm

A daily reminder that there are still good people in the world in three... two... one...

Bark

Postby Tuor » Wed Nov 26, 2014 5:57 am

"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Mad-Mutt » Fri Dec 05, 2014 12:07 pm

A man saving a shark from dry land while trying not to get bitten by the distressed animal:

Bark

Postby Princess » Fri Dec 05, 2014 1:12 pm

I went to London in 2008, and was at a McDonald's (I'm so American), and this guy was trying to steal a woman's purse. (Funny enough, there were signs warning you to be careful.) I look around, and see other people watching him attempt to do this. I got the woman's attention and said "Watch your purse.". The guy then looks at me like "Oh, are you talking to me?" and I just shoot him a dirty look. He then gets up and leaves, and some people went over to the woman all "OMG ARE YOU OKAY?!". Like.. you all did shit when shit was actually going down, and now you care???

That's my good deed for my lifetime. I'll continue to be Satan, per usual. :)
Tuor: You foolish fools, no one can tame the stuffaluffagus!
Oct 31, 2014 at 4:23 pm EST, sempai finally noticed me.
Snafu Mods Suck 2k14.
All Men Must Die.
All Men Must Die
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Hiroko » Sun Dec 07, 2014 1:30 pm

The Sentimental One

Postby Mad-Mutt » Sun Dec 07, 2014 6:00 pm

Forget Turkey's, Charity Ninjas are the true spirit of Thanksgiving.
Bark

Postby Tuor » Wed Dec 17, 2014 12:29 am

"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Return to Central Compton Botanical Gardens