Urban Legends: Fact or Fiction?

Arizona Telephone Directory - Illegal Business Operations

Moderator: Mod Squad

Urban Legends: Fact or Fiction?

Postby Relick » Sat May 13, 2006 8:31 am

I don't know about you guys, but I absolutely love reading urban legends. For those who don't know, an urban legend is a story or myth based off of more modern happenings that no one can be absolutely sure is true without doing some extensive research. One example would be that there are alligators breeding in the sewers of New York City. Sounds ridiculous, right? But has anybody actually gone down there to look for themselves? At this point yes, but some people still believe in the legend.

My favorite and most reliable website regarding urban myth is definitely Snopes. Why don't you guys check it out and post links and thoughts about legends you found interesting?

I particularly like this one: http://www.snopes.com/horrors/food/bubblyum.htm

Humorously enough, I found a reference to this legend in Futurama. In the episode, "War is the H-Word", when Fry is looking at the different brands of gum in the beginning, one of them is labeled as Spider Yum. XD

Re: Urban Legends: Fact or Fiction?

Postby craig911 » Sat May 13, 2006 8:34 am

Umm what do you get if you cross a random person with a bard's blood,the open-mindedness of his mother and researching about mythology and urban legends for 5 years?
Me.
Soo you know my answer.
I shall quote Bishop Sean Manchester.
~Dare we risk ignoring a force whose power lies in the fact that no one believes in its existence~
Everyone in this list...I shall miss with all my heart.
CarrionMan,Erix,Whispersoul,Miss Redhead,APE,narutodesu,SpellRuler,wickedali, PPGD Fan, Kyle,~Gaara's Little Angel~,TheCoosinator,DarkDragon_DEK, The.Time.Lord., Hiryu.

Farewell.

Postby Kane369 » Sat May 13, 2006 8:39 am

My favourite urban legend would HAVE to be Naked at his own Surprise Party...
very funny actually.

Added after 2 minutes:

I have a book on urban legends...
Thank you to CrazyPig for the awesome avatar and signature!
Halo: Angelic Past (Chapter Eight up) or FF1: Dark Delieveries (Abandoned)

Return to The Extrovert Booty Society