Everafter Talk Thread v2

A hangout for fans of Endling's EverAfter. You aren't required to talk about the comics.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Everafter Talk Thread v2

Postby top gear tony » Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:42 pm

ari-6 wrote:I missed my chance to have Mardock Scramble recorded and not have to pay £20?! Oh god it gets worse! Relax me.... Now that I know it exists my life will become infinitely better, no doubt..... If I had access to television in Uni..... Oh well now I have a reason to call home. New best friend Tony, I do not suppose you could tell me what line up of awesome is scheduled for next week if you don't mind my asking?

It is really hard for me to calm down or concentrate on anything else when I am told something like this. A strange sound is emitted from my throat, I think it is called a squee, and my hands started flailing. I accidentally hit myself in the mouth. Why do I suck?

Sadly I can't, it's shows "no listings" from Saturday onwards. Not sure if it's everyone or just my Skybox. You'll have to wait a day or two.

Edit: Wait no I'm wrong. Just checked it on the Sky website. It's the Professor Layton film. Starts 1:45am on next Tuesday 22/10.

I have no idea how commas work

Yog: Praise the sun that is Top Gear Tony, a friend to all.
Do I have style points yet

Postby ari-6 » Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:54 pm

Thank you very much for accommodating my request. You would think that for someone living in a country with next to no telivised anime, I would be thankful for anything, but no, I would murder Layton in exchange for Black Lagoon or Mardock Scramble. Oh well, I am sure that in this case, reruns will work in my favour.
Some people shouldn't have an imagination. They just abuse it.
Im Making This Up As I Go

Postby top gear tony » Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:56 pm

ari-6 wrote:Thank you very much for accommodating my request. You would think that for someone living in a country with next to no telivised anime, I would be thankful for anything, but no, I would murder Layton in exchange for Black Lagoon or Mardock Scramble. Oh well, I am sure that in this case, reruns will work in my favour.

Sure no prob. There's something magical to watching it on TV that the internet cannot provide. That's How I see it anyway.

MQuinny1234 wrote:Hmm. Am I correct in picking up vibes of aversion from Tony?

Just noticed this. And no, you're aright.

Postby MQuinny1234 » Wed Oct 16, 2013 5:42 am

Cool. Sorry then. Reading into things too much I guess.
Image=
-"I'm sophisticated, charming, suave, and debonair, Professor. But I have never claimed to be civilized."
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby top gear tony » Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:20 am

Don't worry I know it's hard to gauge people on the internet. So a passing comment or light hearted gestures can sound completely different to someone else.

Postby Blood Lord » Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:37 am

I am enjoying Black Lagoon Roberta's blood trail.

My one grip is that they would just get off their high horse of "the underworld criminal organization is sooo bad and evil, but its our shit so we put up with it and don't do a damn thing cept drink moar".
Stufflikehearts - He is a Sith Lord. I love Blood Lord :3
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby top gear tony » Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:14 pm

The last 2 eps are full of that anti violence bullshit. It's an OVA but I'm not sure how close to the manga Blood Trail actually it. I hope it's cannon, there is some good character development in there.

Postby Tuor » Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:20 pm

It's usually best when things follow canon
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby ari-6 » Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:33 pm

Actually it is allot better than the manga. Roberta's blood trail is based on the El Baile De La Muerte ark. The story that nearly killed the series. It was over 30 parts long, had a long and difficult to follow story and the creator went on hiatus half way through. In the anime they cut out all the unnecessary parts and made it more streamline. In the manga the creator originally wanted Balalika to fight the Americans but then changed his mind, I think, but in the anime everything flows more smoothly.

Postby Blood Lord » Wed Oct 16, 2013 4:22 pm

top gear tony 666 wrote:The last 2 eps are full of that anti violence bullshit

Seems very hypocritical.
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby top gear tony » Wed Oct 16, 2013 4:33 pm

So anyone can tell you that writers get boners from making violence look cool only to scold you for enjoying it.

Just look at all those violent video games that silently call you a tosser. Or Spec Ops the Line which outright tells you, you're a bad person.

Postby Blood Lord » Wed Oct 16, 2013 4:36 pm

This is why I play CoD. They only care if you have a seizure whilst playing the game.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby MERASMUS! » Wed Oct 16, 2013 6:58 pm

When ever I see a game on the news that's criticizing it for violence, despite being m-rated already, I just think: "stop now! You're only making things worse!"
Never anger a magician

Postby Blood Lord » Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:34 pm

The last game I remember hearing about in that sort of a light was MW2.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby MERASMUS! » Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:39 pm

Well fox was ranting on GTA V only a few days after its release
Never anger a magician

Postby ari-6 » Thu Oct 17, 2013 1:09 am

Saying things like "This guy murdered somebody. And only a weak before this same guy bought GTA V and then going on to say "This is obviously not a coincidence because no one was ever murdered before GTA V". I have never seen fox news, I am just guessing.

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Thu Oct 17, 2013 1:18 am

That's like complaining about something like The Expendables despite being R rated. Are kids going to go watch it? Heck yeah, explosions! But it's the parent's fault if any for letting them go watch it. But then there's always the chance they actually snuck in to watch it. But with games, there's no real chance of that unless the store clerk isn't doing their job. But then they could get fired, so it's not in their best interest. So it's all on the parents who buy it and/or let them play it. Why isn't Fox saying "Parents need to stop buying their children these violent games"? If they have a problem with something, at least know where the issue is starting and harp there instead of putting all the blame on the game itself.

And to be honest, people in general are impressionable as hell. But with the current media and workings of the world, there's maybe only a 1% chance that one piece of media is going to fuel a madman's criminal act. This or that is just going to be a scapegoat to easily point the finger act. We want to blame A for action B to hopefully have something like what happened to victim(s) C happen again. Sadly, that's not how things work.
"Cogito, ergo es eggo." A.K.A. "I think, therefore you are a waffle."
An Optimist

Postby Blood Lord » Thu Oct 17, 2013 2:08 pm

Let's just not teabag the fuck out of Fox on this. News media in general love reporting on this stuff.

This issue of why no one is pointing the blame at the children, and are focusing on the product being the issue instead is because we live in a world that is comfortable with taking no responsibility for its actions. It's always someone else's fault. Your child isn't failing school because they don't do their homework or pay attention in class, clearly the problem is with the teacher, not the child. That's the mentality of a lot of people.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby top gear tony » Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:15 pm

The Daily Mail over here are bias against video games. Their latest Million or so pound (£) study "Shockingly" reveal that video games cause autistic children to become addicted. You know the same children that can become addicted to waving figures in front of their own faces.

The headlines had it down as some sort of revelation.

Postby Sig Skellington » Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:24 pm

top gear tony 666 wrote:You know the same children that can become addicted to waving figures in front of their own faces.

I would very much appreciate if you refrain from speaking that way about autistic people.
"Stick around... I'm full of bad ideas." -Isaac Clarke
"You've chosen your Answer. Now see it through." -Serene Haze
Gizmo - You're always awesome Sig. DON'T 4get that.

Check out my literary comic: Kurosai Chronicles!
The Resident Smartass

Postby MERASMUS! » Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:41 pm

Myself included.
Never anger a magician

Postby Creppy Eggy » Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:43 pm

Me as well.
As I saw the creature, I was as white as an egg. I was so scared I might crack from fear. As the humanoid began to lunge after me, I was walking on egg shells from how scared I was. It grabbed me, took me to its station, and cracked me open. The last thing I saw were my yellow insides cooked on a pan. Human nature is as evil as a rotten egg.

Stuff: Exodis is funnier than people give him credit for.
The Intergalactic Huevo

Postby Blood Lord » Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:50 pm

Gentlemen, relax.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Creppy Eggy » Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:00 pm

Sorry, just wanted to be a part of something. :3
As I saw the creature, I was as white as an egg. I was so scared I might crack from fear. As the humanoid began to lunge after me, I was walking on egg shells from how scared I was. It grabbed me, took me to its station, and cracked me open. The last thing I saw were my yellow insides cooked on a pan. Human nature is as evil as a rotten egg.

Stuff: Exodis is funnier than people give him credit for.
The Intergalactic Huevo

Postby Blood Lord » Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:04 pm

I honestly thought that. :D
Snafu Gold Card Member!

PreviousNext

Return to EverAfter