Everafter Talk Thread v2

A hangout for fans of Endling's EverAfter. You aren't required to talk about the comics.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Everafter Talk Thread v2

Postby Mercen-X » Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:41 pm

That coma me bro is setup. The guy is holding the poolstick together in the middle before he slams it down. "Breaking" it in half was deliberate. The gifs also sped up a bit to make the impact look more violent.

...yeah.
I just love how people put commas, in places they so obviously, do not belong.

I don't know about you, but I love the Young Justice animated series.
So I became the 44,901st signer of this petition to bring the series back.
Skree

Postby top gear tony » Sun Sep 01, 2013 3:29 pm

That's a lot to go on. I'm no Inspector Morse but I'm willing to bet it isn't. Unless you have evidence.

I have no idea how commas work

Yog: Praise the sun that is Top Gear Tony, a friend to all.
Do I have style points yet

Postby Mercen-X » Sun Sep 01, 2013 5:19 pm

...also the cameraman's first instinct is... just to keep filming... yeah.

Skree

Postby top gear tony » Sun Sep 01, 2013 5:50 pm

I'd be standing there in a small state of disbelieve too. People react differently. This guy was probably quite studded. It may have also been no a tripod or just balanced.

Postby Mercen-X » Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:08 pm

More likely a robotic arm on caterpillar tracks. The camera wobbles a bit as it backs away from the guy. No matter the truth of the situation... both guys are idiots.

Skree

Postby Tuor » Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:03 am

I think you're far overestimating the effort someone would go to in order to fake something
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby top gear tony » Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:06 am

It still seems a bit much to go on.

Postby Mercen-X » Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:06 pm

Tuor wrote:I think you're far overestimating the effort someone would go to in order to fake something

You don't know people very well, do you?

I'm willing to say the video could be legit, but not because I doubt someone would be willing to do this on purpose.

Skree

Postby Blood Lord » Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:29 pm

I haven't found anything on it yet. Most of the search results are people reposting it.
Stufflikehearts - He is a Sith Lord. I love Blood Lord :3
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Tuor » Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:59 pm

Mercen-X wrote:
Tuor wrote:I think you're far overestimating the effort someone would go to in order to fake something

You don't know people very well, do you?

Maybe I just have more faith in people
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Mercen-X » Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:39 pm

I on the hand greatly value cynicism... that is all.

Skree

Postby Tuor » Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:44 pm

That's obvious
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Blood Lord » Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:33 pm

At times, that can be useful. Most of the time I find it to be inhibitory if that is the one focus you use to evaluate people and situations.
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby ari-6 » Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:11 pm

I find that I am cynical mostly when it is worst for me. For example, during one of my tedious family get to gethers we were all in the living room watching some sopeopera whech is almost mandatory as my parents want me to appear as normal as possible in front of my family. Yet another character had contracted cancer so that the actor could take their leave from the show. The writers must have a lack of imagination as, any time they want a story to be emotional and upsetting, seemingly the only development they can think of is "x" has cancer. How cheap. Unfortunately I happen to have bean saying this out loud when everyone else in the room could hear me. Of course the reactions were "You can't say that, she has cancer!" or "You have no empathy at all!" So in the end being skeptical can give you a better view of a situation but it is also important to know when to keep it to your self. On the other hand, it is no longer mandatory for me to stay in the same room as my family. In fact it is even dissuaded.
Some people shouldn't have an imagination. They just abuse it.
Im Making This Up As I Go

Postby Tuor » Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:14 pm

That doesn't really seem that cynical to me, that's just being critical
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby ari-6 » Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:22 pm

I am sorry. I think I was thinking of skepticism instead of cynicism. I apologise, I do not know the definition, I just wanted to contribute to the conversation. You could delete the post if that would make it better. I would be ok with that.

Postby Tuor » Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:23 pm

No problem, dude! Don't worry about it. c:
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Blood Lord » Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:26 pm

Ohh, Ari. You worry too much.

We're totally fine with you.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Hallow Nova » Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:27 pm

Ari apologizes too often. We love you just the way you are.
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Creppy Eggy » Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:09 am

Oh Ari, you're so adorable for apologizing too much.

Also, this shit made me laugh a lot.
As I saw the creature, I was as white as an egg. I was so scared I might crack from fear. As the humanoid began to lunge after me, I was walking on egg shells from how scared I was. It grabbed me, took me to its station, and cracked me open. The last thing I saw were my yellow insides cooked on a pan. Human nature is as evil as a rotten egg.

Stuff: Exodis is funnier than people give him credit for.
The Intergalactic Huevo

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:02 am

That headset was interesting. Don't know what it was, but I liked the idea.
"Cogito, ergo es eggo." A.K.A. "I think, therefore you are a waffle."
An Optimist

Postby top gear tony » Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:03 pm

Randori wrote:Oh Ari, you're so adorable for apologizing too much.

Also, this shit made me laugh a lot.

Why do people think Ari is adorable? Is it because of his avatar?

Also:FUCKING PEWDIEPIE There is no pit of loathing deep enough for him.

Although Ashamed to admit it, but that was probably one of the only funny things he's ever done.

Postby ari-6 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:32 pm

I do not hate Pewdipie but I sure do not like him as much as the Yogscast. Also I hope you are wrong and people are not too attached to my avatar because I am changing it soon. Also your avatar is funny but Kyoko Wolverine was way cooler. But that is just my opinion.
Last edited by ari-6 on Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Creppy Eggy » Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:39 pm

I think Pewdie was better before. Now I feel like his scares are staged.
The only gaming channels I watch is Yamimash and GameGrumps. Sometimes Tobuscus.
As I saw the creature, I was as white as an egg. I was so scared I might crack from fear. As the humanoid began to lunge after me, I was walking on egg shells from how scared I was. It grabbed me, took me to its station, and cracked me open. The last thing I saw were my yellow insides cooked on a pan. Human nature is as evil as a rotten egg.

Stuff: Exodis is funnier than people give him credit for.
The Intergalactic Huevo

Postby top gear tony » Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:43 pm

People bash Tobuscus a lot and some even call him a PewDiePie rip off. But at least he makes funny music videos and catchy songs.

PreviousNext

Return to EverAfter