Everafter Talk Thread v2

A hangout for fans of Endling's EverAfter. You aren't required to talk about the comics.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Everafter Talk Thread v2

Postby Sig Skellington » Mon Aug 26, 2013 3:15 pm

Randori wrote:
Stuffaluffagus wrote:That's insulting.

What is?

That might have been directed at Ari, in which case she was referring to not knowing who he is.
"Stick around... I'm full of bad ideas." -Isaac Clarke
"You've chosen your Answer. Now see it through." -Serene Haze
Gizmo - You're always awesome Sig. DON'T 4get that.

Check out my literary comic: Kurosai Chronicles!
The Resident Smartass

Postby Creppy Eggy » Mon Aug 26, 2013 3:44 pm

Ohhhh... right.
It kinda sucks for actors who are only notable for that ONE MOVIE and not for their other roles.
As I saw the creature, I was as white as an egg. I was so scared I might crack from fear. As the humanoid began to lunge after me, I was walking on egg shells from how scared I was. It grabbed me, took me to its station, and cracked me open. The last thing I saw were my yellow insides cooked on a pan. Human nature is as evil as a rotten egg.

Stuff: Exodis is funnier than people give him credit for.
The Intergalactic Huevo

Postby Spoopy Princess » Mon Aug 26, 2013 3:50 pm

No, calling him Tobey.
Tuor: You foolish fools, no one can tame the stuffaluffagus!
Whatbutt: She's got enough tea to throw into a harbor and start another revolution.
All Men Must Die
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby top gear tony » Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:04 pm

Why? If I recall the first 2 Spiderman films are quite good. With the third being the worst. Well it "was" the worst until Amazing Spiderman and mister can't act for shit: "Andrew Garfield". Showed up and made 2 or so hours of everyone's life slightly less pleasant than having your eyelids peeled off.

I have no idea how commas work

Yog: Praise the sun that is Top Gear Tony, a friend to all.
Do I have style points yet

Postby Creppy Eggy » Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:23 pm

I liked Amazing Spiderman! How did he do a bad job in acting as Peter Parker?
I mean, I need at least a trilogy to compare Tobey with Andrew, though...
As I saw the creature, I was as white as an egg. I was so scared I might crack from fear. As the humanoid began to lunge after me, I was walking on egg shells from how scared I was. It grabbed me, took me to its station, and cracked me open. The last thing I saw were my yellow insides cooked on a pan. Human nature is as evil as a rotten egg.

The Intergalactic Huevo

Postby top gear tony » Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:35 pm

I could blame the directing on the static performances and over all mediocre film. But let's face facts. The film was a clinical attempt to keep the Spiderman film rights so he couldn't turn up in avengers. So they hashed something together and it shows.

I can't even begin listing what makes it bad.

Peter doesn't become Spiderman, he basically already is Spiderman before getting bitten. The transformation changes nothing (You know besides powers and shit). Peter's meant to be a nerd, an outcast a geek, and by watching the film that's what they'd want you to believe, but have you seen how Andrew looks in the film. The CGI is bad, and what out of touch old man thought it would be cool to give his web slingers mussel flare, I'm sure the word "edgy" was thrown around a lot in that board meeting. A bit nitpicky sure by the biggest flaws is that it's just boring, I mean I've already seen Spiderman become Spiderman in a much more interesting way and handled better in a better film.

I'm not even a Spiderman fan and this movie makes me angry at how bad it is.

Postby Blood Lord » Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:42 pm

Randori wrote:It kinda sucks for actors who are only notable for that ONE MOVIE and not for their other roles

In Toby Mcguire's case, yeah. But then I look at actors that were born to play roles, like Johnny Depp with Captain Jack Sparrow, and Robert Downy Jr with Tony Stark, and I could care less.

Except when a certain son of a bitch might not come back to play in a certain fourth movie.

Randori wrote:I liked Amazing Spiderman!

Agreed. I liked it quite a bit. Looking forward to the second one.
Stufflikehearts - He is a Sith Lord. I love Blood Lord :3
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby top gear tony » Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:45 pm

"There's a second one?" He said, horrified.

Jeez why am I playing Captain Bringdown McNegative Pants?

Postby Blood Lord » Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:53 pm

Yeah man. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Amazing_Spider-Man_2

Second one comes out in 2014, a third in 2016, and a fourth in 2018.

No idea why you are playing that role. Perhaps you are expecting too much out of movies and the like?
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby top gear tony » Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:01 pm

Sadly no. I've always gone into things I'm not really looking forward to (but get dragged along to anyway) expecting very little, as to not get disappointed and at the very most, be pleasantly surprised. However Amazing Spiderman took days to even register as something I watched.

I was like: "Yup that just happened." After seeing it. If not for After Earth it would have been the one of the worst films in my recent memory.

Postby Blood Lord » Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:04 pm

As I said, I liked it.

Wasn't thrilled with Hansel and Gretal though.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby top gear tony » Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:10 pm

That's the good thing about an opinion I guess. They are subjective and my ramblings shouldn't or aren't meant to change any, just cause to flue conversation.

Hansel and Gretal I haven't seen, but I imagine it's some PG13 "Re-imagining" of an old fairy tail that has a name that could be swapped out for any old name and still be as relevant. Because, hey it has a brand attached to it.

Postby Blood Lord » Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:13 pm

Level that PG-13 up buddy. Tis R.

Its just so... far fetched in my opinion. It gutted half of the story and used it in a Witch Hunt theme. Very predictable too.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby top gear tony » Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:19 pm

An R rating huh. Now I can imagine the supercilious bad ass action chick yelling profanities in the most offset manor ever. Oh and Hawkeye doing his thing.

Jeez I don't know what it is about "Badass" women yelling fuck that puts me off, but ever since I saw Domino with Keira Knightley, I've always been repulsed by forced bad ass women. Oh, and Domino was fucking awful and I'm confident I'll get no complaints on that.

That is assuming they use those profanities in Hansel and Gretal, otherwise my whole point is moot.

Postby Blood Lord » Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:26 pm

They do. And the "forced bad ass girl as you put it is Gemma Arterton. Same girl from Prince of Persia, Clash of the Titans, and the girl in Quantum of Solace.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Creppy Eggy » Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:00 pm

It getting iritated on both of your grammar mistakes. It's Hansel and Gretel, damn it!

I saw the film. I thought it was good, not great, and it did take a different turn from the original fairy tale. I was, though, a bit impressed on    the fact that Hansel was diabetic because of what happened to him as a child (getting stuffed with candy).    I thought was a pretty "Okay, you got me there."

As for badass women, a movie I recently saw with a pretty, yet badass actress was "You're Next". I actually enjoyed that.

The Intergalactic Huevo

Postby Blood Lord » Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:02 pm

I was so hoping that was going to be something better than it was.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Creppy Eggy » Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:06 pm

What is?
Sorry if I'm sounding lost, but... okay yeah, I'm lost.
What?

The Intergalactic Huevo

Postby top gear tony » Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:09 pm

You're next reminds me of The Purge. Which had an amazing set up and could have been an amazing movie. But just became a super boring horror thing. As for you're Next haven't seen it. Masked people look uncanny valley scary though, that's always a good start.

Blood Lord wrote:They do. And the "forced bad ass girl as you put it is Gemma Arterton. Same girl from Prince of Persia, Clash of the Titans, and the girl in Quantum of Solace.

Not so much the actor or the fact that she plays a badass chick, it's how excruciatingly off it sound. I keep seeing it more and more where film just don't seen that same stock, shallow characters. I'm tired of it.

Postby Creppy Eggy » Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:22 pm

top gear tony 666 wrote:You're next reminds me of The Purge. Which had an amazing set up and could have been an amazing movie. But just became a super boring horror thing. As for you're Next haven't seen it. Masked people look uncanny valley scary though, that's always a good start.

Yeah, the masked people was a bit unsettling. But there are twists in the film, some good jumpscares, and great violence (love the gore). And, like I said, the girl looked friendly, nice, but is actually really good at killing people. 8/10

The Intergalactic Huevo

Postby Blood Lord » Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:39 pm

Randori wrote:What is?
Sorry if I'm sounding lost, but... okay yeah, I'm lost.
What?

The whole thing with Hansel.

top gear tony 666 wrote:Not so much the actor or the fact that she plays a badass chick, it's how excruciatingly off it sound.

In this case, its both. It's weird to see her playing a role and dropping more f-bombs than we dropped bombs during WW2, and its totally forced.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:26 pm

Ever since Hansel and Gretel came out, I've been wanting a remake of Red Riding Hood. The one that was directed by Catherine Hardwicke was just... It left me wanting a good re-imagining. These tales have such potential to be terrifying or extremely heartwarming. Why are we only letting Disney make these tales something amazing?
"Cogito, ergo es eggo." A.K.A. "I think, therefore you are a waffle."
An Optimist

Postby Creppy Eggy » Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:38 pm

Because Disney is the greatest thing in the world.

Sponsored by ©Disney Corporation

The Intergalactic Huevo

Postby Blood Lord » Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:53 pm

Because everyone else sucks at it.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby top gear tony » Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:46 pm

Oh Disney, what happened?

Oh yeah.

PreviousNext

Return to EverAfter