The Doctor Who Thread

A hangout for fans of Endling's EverAfter. You aren't required to talk about the comics.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: The Doctor Who Thread

Postby Archrival » Sun May 08, 2011 7:11 am

I no rite?
SUPPPAAAHHH

Postby Doctress Who » Sun May 08, 2011 8:37 am

Maybe it's just me, but there is something very 'Life On Mars' about    that woman with the eyepatch   ...

If you've ever watched Life on Mars/Ashes to Ashes, you'll know what I'm talking about.

@Tuor: Rose has her good moments, but yeah, in most episodes you'll find her doing something dumb.
Hiryu: Doc's bag is a portal. She's actually from another dimension and when she jumped into it, she ended up at a desk with a browser open on this site. That's how she found it.
We have a Doctor Who thread now. Doctor Who threads are cool.
Time Lady

Postby Archrival » Sun May 08, 2011 8:45 am

Yeah I know what you mean.
SUPPPAAAHHH

Postby Doctress Who » Sun May 08, 2011 8:57 am

OH SHIT, DOES THIS MEAN THAT ACTUALLY,    AMY'S IN A COMA THIS WHOLE TIME??   

If so,
MIND=BLOWN

Although, realistically there are other reasons why this could be happening...
Hiryu: Doc's bag is a portal. She's actually from another dimension and when she jumped into it, she ended up at a desk with a browser open on this site. That's how she found it.
Time Lady

Postby Archrival » Sun May 08, 2011 9:02 am

Totally, I think Episode four may give more answers.
SUPPPAAAHHH

Postby Tuor » Sun May 08, 2011 10:21 pm

Doctress Who wrote:@Tuor: Rose has her good moments, but yeah, in most episodes you'll find her doing something dumb.

Fantastic.
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Tuor » Sun May 08, 2011 10:38 pm

My god Rose, wtf
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Tuor » Sun May 08, 2011 11:01 pm

My god, why are all the companions dumb?
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Doctress Who » Sun May 08, 2011 11:11 pm

It's in the job description ;D (no rly)

Believe me, companions have improved. The very, very old episodes of Doctor who, companions did nothing but scream and twist their ankle.
Now at least they are useful, even if they do still screw things up.

And to give them some credit, there are times when the Doctor would be truly fucked without them.
Time Lady

Postby Tuor » Mon May 09, 2011 12:10 am

I don;t even want to watch episode 8 after seeing the little preview of it at the end of episode 7

But I have to say I'm enjoying the cameos by other British tv personalities like Simon Pegg and the mom from Shaun of the Dead, and Liz from Blacks Books.
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Archrival » Mon May 09, 2011 3:03 am

I didn't realise Simon Pegg was in Dr. Who (This was just after his success with Shaun because I'd never seen Spaced) until just after I'd seen Shaun even then I had to go back and watch the episode again to make sure. Oh cool thing for those interested in the episode "The Doctor's Wife", the writer for it Neil Gaiman wrote the brilliant film Stardust as well as some great Sandman comics.
SUPPPAAAHHH

Postby MQuinny1234 » Mon May 09, 2011 10:30 am

Neil Gaiman, certainly a respectable author.
Image=
-"I'm sophisticated, charming, suave, and debonair, Professor. But I have never claimed to be civilized."
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby Kkeellaacc » Mon May 09, 2011 12:04 pm

I don;t even want to watch episode 8 after seeing the little preview of it at the end of episode 7

She really screwed the pooch in that episode
Signature Under Construction

Postby Doctress Who » Mon May 09, 2011 12:23 pm

Just wait till Captain Jack Harkness is introduced in episode 9.
He makes everything better.
unffff~
Time Lady

Postby Archrival » Mon May 09, 2011 12:33 pm

Doctress Who wrote:Just wait till Captain Jack Harkness is introduced in episode 9.
He makes everything better.
unffff~

BARROWMAN!! *Shakes fist*
SUPPPAAAHHH

Postby Doctress Who » Mon May 09, 2011 12:33 pm

I bloody love that Doctor Who meme.
Time Lady

Postby Archrival » Mon May 09, 2011 12:40 pm

It's like one of the best.
SUPPPAAAHHH

Postby Tuor » Tue May 10, 2011 2:04 am

Calek wrote:

She really screwed the pooch in that episode

Ya I can tell. Do I miss anything crucial if I skip it?
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Kkeellaacc » Tue May 10, 2011 1:42 pm

The episode is referenced in the season finale, I figure it's kind of important
Signature Under Construction

Postby Doctress Who » Tue May 10, 2011 1:57 pm

Yeah, references to that episode do crop up later - particularly in the second season.
Time Lady

Postby Tuor » Tue May 10, 2011 2:40 pm

Goddamnit
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Grey » Tue May 10, 2011 4:37 pm

my mum got a black spot on her hand :<
Suave Brit

Sexiness: Godlike

Postby Archrival » Fri May 13, 2011 1:50 pm

Image :O
SUPPPAAAHHH

Postby Doctress Who » Fri May 13, 2011 2:28 pm

Haha, that's pretty cool.
And holy shit I WANT THAT PONY FEZ.

New episode is tomorrow. Yaaay.
Time Lady

Postby MQuinny1234 » Fri May 13, 2011 4:53 pm

Ahh...Also, Doc. You ever noticed the similarities between the Doctor and tommy cooper?

Or am I just seeing that because of the fez.
Image=
-"I'm sophisticated, charming, suave, and debonair, Professor. But I have never claimed to be civilized."
Reluctant Nailbiter

PreviousNext

Return to EverAfter