How about a little riddling?

A hangout for fans of Endling's EverAfter. You aren't required to talk about the comics.

Moderator: Mod Squad

How about a little riddling?

Postby Freeboz » Fri May 07, 2010 10:05 pm

Well, I'm still really confused about forums since this is the first ever one I joined so I'm not sure if I should even be doing this.

Since some of these threads have nothing to do with Ever After in anyway at all, I though why not make a thread on riddles? Right now nothing is going on over here so I figured I might as well...

Okay, so are you ready?.. Alright riddle #1:

In the middle of a field there was a man who died. This man died the very second he laid foot on the field. Also this man had a... Well, I guess you could call it a bag... If he had opened his bag he wouldn't really have died. So the question is: what was in that bag?

I guess I'll just say the answer later or something.

(By the way, if I wasn't supposed to make a thread like this, sorry)
Image... Well, are you going to take it? After all, it is free.

Re: How about a little riddling?

Postby Blood Lord » Fri May 07, 2010 10:17 pm

I believe such a thread would be more suitable for Spam, but this is kinda like the joke thread in the DP Section.
Stufflikehearts - He is a Sith Lord. I love Blood Lord :3
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Mercypostle

Postby Freeboz » Fri May 07, 2010 10:21 pm

Yup, pretty obvious riddle.

And BloodLord, should I move it?

Postby Blood Lord » Fri May 07, 2010 10:24 pm

We don't have the power to move threads. As I said, this is like the joke thread in the DP Section.

In my honest opinion, I believe both threads should be in Spam. But this thread isn't hurting anything, and I guess that as long as it stays on track, then it should be fine.
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Mercypostle

Postby Freeboz » Fri May 07, 2010 11:10 pm

Okay then,

By the way, Riddle #2:

Alright, this riddle only works if you guess the right person (and I guess you have to get the right location as well). Okay so there's this wife of a really known (or famous you could say) person, especially known by children. She (his wife) decides to go for an exercise jog or walk if you prefer. She decides to take the route of going 5 miles South, 5 miles East and then 5 miles North. She started at her home and ended back at her home by following this route. How is this possible or who is she? (Oh, and yes, she only has one house and no, her house is not 5 miles long)

Postby Freeboz » Sat May 08, 2010 1:07 am

haha, you're too good at this... have you heard these before?

Postby Freeboz » Sat May 08, 2010 1:25 am

Yeah, the parachute one was really obvious... When my friend told it to me though all he said was: there was a dead man in the middle of the valley and the reason he died was because he didn't open his bag.

Postby Freeboz » Sat May 08, 2010 1:35 am

Riddle #3:

There's a man who lives on the 50th floor of a building. He works in the same building where he lives. His job is on the 5th floor of the building. he takes an elevator down all the way to the 5th floor, but when he goes up to his room he only uses the elevator until floor 30 and then uses the stairs all the way up to his room in the 50th floor. The only time he uses the elevator all the way until the 50th floor is when there is someone else in the elevator with him. Why doesn't he use the elevator all the way down up?

Riddle #4 (I think this one is pretty old and not so hard):

A taxi driver picked up a passenger, but a few minutes after the passenger got into the taxi, he (the passenger) started to talk a lot and started to annoy the taxi driver. (Yes, the drivers kind of a douche. But that's just my opinion) To get the passenger to stop talking the driver gestured to his ear as to say "I can't hear" so the passenger stopped talking. When they reached their destination the passenger paid the taxi driver and he headed off. Soon the passenger realized that the driver really wasn't deaf. What lead him to figure this out?
Last edited by Freeboz on Sat May 08, 2010 2:14 am, edited 2 times in total.

Postby Freeboz » Sat May 08, 2010 1:58 am

oops, sorry I meant why doesn't he use the elevator to go all the way up to his room.

for riddle 4 i guess that works but there's also another answer.

and by the way, you changed your avatar eh?

Postby Freeboz » Sat May 08, 2010 2:15 am

Yup. Now all that's left is riddle #3 :)

Postby top gear tony 666 » Sat May 08, 2010 6:06 pm

Riddle 3: He is not tall enough to reach the button which gets him to the 50th floor.
After mounths of rigorous trials and conducted research I have finally come to the conclusion that Modern Warfare 2 can go SUCK IT. (Note to self, change signature..... I probably could have changed it by now, but it's funny being all meta and self aware.)
Do I have style points yet

Postby Tuor » Mon May 10, 2010 1:00 am

He's a midget

I've heard a variation on that one.
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby nicomon » Mon May 10, 2010 10:53 pm

I got a riddle:

I am the part of a bird that is not in the sky;
I swim in the ocean and always stay dry.
What am I?

Postby nicomon » Mon May 10, 2010 11:17 pm

Colonel wrote:the bird's reflection

That's not the answer, although it is a good one. (I didn't make this riddle, by the way, and with that answer I think I may need to modify it to make it clearer. I actually prefer your answer over real one.) You can still see the answer when the bird is above land.

Postby nicomon » Mon May 10, 2010 11:21 pm

Colonel wrote:The shadow?

That's it. Personally, I now think it needs another line in the riddle to show that is also on land.

Nails in my ribs;
Trees on my back;
Feet I do lack

Postby Tragedy_and_Comedy » Mon May 10, 2010 11:33 pm

A ship
You... you really don't get it... do you? I... I love him... I'd die with him. Or for him. That's what you do... how you feel when you love someone. - Impulse

Postby nicomon » Mon May 10, 2010 11:45 pm

Tragedy_and_Comedy wrote:A ship

I'm assuming you've seen this one before, so yes.

Postby Freeboz » Wed May 12, 2010 10:47 am

okay how about this one. (This one is actually pretty obvious but oh well)

In a certain town there are only two barbers. One barber has a really messy (and bad) haircut and has hair all over the floor of his barber shop. The second barber has a nice clean barber shop and a nice clean (and good i guess) haircut. Which one would give a better haircut (and why did you choose that one?)

Postby Diabolik » Wed May 12, 2010 3:30 pm

I'd probably get my hair cut at the dirty barber's shop. And a lot of hair on the floor may mean a vast amount of customers, meaning that the barber is quite good, at least that's the situation in my country.
Anywho, there are only two barbers in town, right? And they can't cut their own hair, so they had to go to each others' shops in order to get haircuts, meaning that the dirty barber's bad haircut was done by the clean barber and vice versa.
Jack is the son of Awe Schitt and O. Schitt. Awe Schitt, the fertilizer magnate, married O. Schitt, the owner of Needeep N. Schitt Inc. They had one son, Jack. In turn Jack Schitt married Noe Schitt, the deeply religious couple produced 6 children: Holie Schitt, Fulla Schitt, Giva Schitt, Bull Schitt, and the twins: Deap Schitt and Dip Schitt. Against her parents' objections, Deap Schitt married Dumb Schitt, a high school drop out.
However, after being married 15 years, Jack and Noe Schitt divorced. Noe Schitt later remarried Ted Sherlock.
She was then known as Noe Schitt-Sherlock. Meanwhile, Dip Schitt married Loda Schitt and they produced a son of nervous disposition, Chicken Schitt. Two other of the 6 children, Fulla Schitt and Giva Schitt, Were inseparable throughout childhood and subsequently married the Happens brothers in a dual ceremony.
The wedding announcement in the newspaper announced the Schitt-Happens wedding. The Schitt-Happens children were Dawg, Byrd, and Hoarse.

Postby Fievel » Wed May 12, 2010 4:58 pm

The clean barber is better, as clearly he can control the hair follicle demons better than the other one. Also, he is apparently able to access hammer space more easily (evidenced by the fact that all the hair is gone), and hence, more tools are readily available for his use.
Offended.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Blood Lord » Wed May 12, 2010 8:25 pm

Of course they can't cut their own hair. It is very difficult to do unless you go bald, or extremely short. this is if their tools are to date with our own.

I suspect the first barber came through his shop via a reluctant inheritance. He does not wish to do the job, and therefore does crappy at it. It can further be explained that when people do jobs they like to do, they have a drastic performance increase. thus indicating that the poor fellow was forced into this occupation. He is also a third, or fourth generation barber. The third or fourth generation is usually the time where they destroy the work of the previous generations. This is characterized by lack of commitment and thus creating said business to fail, or they pick a new occupation.

The second barber obviously had some sort of dream to become a barber, due to his well kept shop and good haircuts. It is also probable that he inherited it as well, but I'm learning towards the idea that he started the company. You usually take care of things that you work for, more than the things you are just given. The part that could override this is the idea that he greatly admired who ever ran the shop, and keeps it clean out of love/respect.

There are however, two more ideas.

The first one is that one barber lives on a hill above the other. This would cause clippings to be swept or blown into the other man's barbershop.

The second idea is that the dirty barber is doing a far better job than the other. Cause a large amount of hostility between the two, and sabotage. This could be due more to the idea that one barber is white, while the other descends of a rich foreign heritage. It is clear that the white barber is a racist for his actions, possibly did not vote for the High Lord Obama, and is therefore a hate-mongering Republican... or possible Tea Party Member.

I'd suggest the wise idea of calling the police on both barbers. One to make sure is legal papers, and the other for being a KKK member, and Neo-Nazi (mostly because he is white, and therefore a Republican, and therefore a racist).
Mercypostle

Postby Fievel » Wed May 12, 2010 8:53 pm

I just love your explanation Blood Lord. It made me laugh quite a bit. Expect an analysis of your analysis soon. I'd do it now, but I kinda have two finals tomorrow, and I hafta study. The analysis will support your claim in some sections.
Offended.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Blood Lord » Wed May 12, 2010 11:01 pm

Lulz. Thank you Fievel.

Good luck on your finals.
Mercypostle

Postby Fievel » Thu May 13, 2010 11:39 pm

I voted for BL's reply, as it provides conclusive evidence supporting his claim as well as using conjectural syllogism, which generally allows for a greater range of deductive reasoning.
Offended.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Blood Lord » Thu May 13, 2010 11:49 pm

Reverse-psychology, turning everyone against you, and blackmail until you are forced to accept... or die.
Mercypostle

Next

Return to EverAfter