The Anime Thread.

A hangout for fans of Endling's EverAfter. You aren't required to talk about the comics.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: The Anime Thread.

Postby SantaUltraDJClaus » Sun Aug 03, 2014 7:04 pm

I may go back to it soon then, considering how badly funny it sounds now.
Pro Snafu Mods Supporter 2k14
Just Rockin

Postby top gear tony » Sun Aug 03, 2014 7:06 pm

ari-6 wrote:I meant the Kyoko one. It's not as great as that.

I still have it. But I'm pissed I had to change from my Danny Sexbang one so soon.

From what I've gathered. The MC from Sword Art Online is basically Goku, except he doesn't have the good grace to die half the time, leaving everyone else in what would have been a tight spot. Also he has boobs... sort of.

I have no idea how commas work

Yog: Praise the sun that is Top Gear Tony, a friend to all.
Do I have style points yet

Postby Eggnog » Sun Aug 03, 2014 7:08 pm

top gear tony wrote:Also he has boobs... sort of.

Wat

Stuff: Exodis is funnier than people give him credit for.
The Greatest Post To Ever Grace This Forum
Hail to the Huevo
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby The Mad Doctor » Sun Aug 03, 2014 7:19 pm

For some contrived reason Kirito is a girl in this new season.
Not Space Jesus

Postby ari-6 » Sun Aug 03, 2014 7:19 pm

He is a flat chested girl? Also it's not him it's his avatar.
2014. A shitty fucking year!
Im Making This Up As I Go

Postby top gear tony » Sun Aug 03, 2014 7:34 pm

They still technically have boobs you know.

Edit: Stop the presses. Sad news: http://uk.ign.com/articles/2014/08/04/studio-ghibli-will-no-longer-be-making-feature-films Fuck I just know someone is responsible for this.

Postby SantaUltraDJClaus » Sun Aug 03, 2014 8:27 pm

What, why? They're on of my favorite anime studios!
Just Rockin

Postby Cerulean » Sun Aug 03, 2014 8:37 pm

One of the comments in that link said that there's a chance that their words may have not been translated correctly. So it isn't exactly clear what the future holds for them, yet.
"A reader lives a thousand lives, the man who never reads lives only one." - George R.R. Martin
Tumblr
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby ari-6 » Sun Aug 03, 2014 8:50 pm

If they suddenly decided to make a series I do wonder what it would be like. I find there films enjoyable however not many of them did I think could be done well as a series.

Postby top gear tony » Sun Aug 03, 2014 9:08 pm

Cerulean wrote:One of the comments in that link said that there's a chance that their words may have not been translated correctly. So it isn't exactly clear what the future holds for them, yet.

Bloody Kotaku article. Just ew.

But this is something to be cautious of. Lots of game studios that close start by winding down like this, to smaller things. It could be that this is the first step.

Postby Cerulean » Wed Aug 06, 2014 5:05 pm

Yes, this is true.

Also, new Koe no Katachi...um, thoughts anyone?
"A reader lives a thousand lives, the man who never reads lives only one." - George R.R. Martin
Tumblr
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Hallow Nova » Wed Aug 06, 2014 5:32 pm

My mind is hoping for a fight.   
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Princess » Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:44 pm

I finally saw the newest Tokyo Ghoul....I NEED THE NEXT EPISODE NOW.
Tuor: You foolish fools, no one can tame the stuffaluffagus!
Oct 31, 2014 at 4:23 pm EST, sempai finally noticed me.
Snafu Mods Suck Slightly Less 2k14
All Men Must Die
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Hiroko » Thu Aug 07, 2014 12:14 am

Cerulean wrote:Yes, this is true.

Also, new Koe no Katachi...um, thoughts anyone?

It made my skin crawl. >_O
The Sentimental One

Postby Hiroko » Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:58 pm

So I finally got my late birthday present from my UK friend in the form of this really cute Madoka figure.

It's very cute and poseable and I'm enjoying it very much.

It was frustrating getting it, though, because my friend had to preorder it, and back in May the website said the figure would be released in June, so we figured that it might just be a month late for my birthday. But then June came and went and it still wasn't released, and the release date was pushed back to July, and July came and went and it was literally on the last day of July that the item was finally released.

After that point, it was mostly smooth sailing to get it shipped from Japan to the US, but ironically the very moment it was in my zipcode we started having problems. Like, the tracking site for the package claimed that we had missed the attempted delivery of the package yesterday morning at 10:12 am and that they had left a notice, but my dad, my brother, and I were all home at the time and we heard and saw nothing??? And when I checked the door and mailbox, I saw no notice??? And my dad said that the mail usually comes at 12pm (and he'd be right, because I guess later on that day the mail was delivered, since my dad later found the notice and other stuff, but not the package, in the mail this morning), so like WHAT GIVES???

So then I had to call to ask for a redelivery yesterday, and I was waiting outside this morning for like 5 hours to make sure I wouldn't miss the mail, whether it came early or on time or whatever. When the mail man finally came, well...he was a jerk. : X When I asked him if he had any packages for me (telling him my name and all), he said no. And when I asked if he was sure, he asked me what apartment number, and I told him (though I guess I had the number wrong??? Idk), and he ended up saying that apartment number didn't exist. And when I asked him if he was sure he didn't have a package, and I was about to explain why (the whole thing with me calling to get a package redelivered and all) and he interrupted me and asked me if I had the pink slip for it, and after I showed him that and all I finally got the package...which happened to be the exact package he was holding when I first asked him if he had a package for me under my name. : |

Soooo yeah.

At least I have my cute Madoka figure now, but JESUS CHRIST...
...I'm gonna need an accompanying Homura figure later...
The Sentimental One

Postby ari-6 » Fri Aug 08, 2014 12:37 am

My local comic book store had Sayaka from that same line. I felt like I was under some pressure to buy it since I was known as a big Modoka fan after I accidentally bought a whole box of Madoka blind packed figures just so I could get Homura. In the final box I opened. Typical. I started out saying "I'll just get one". Then the first box I opened: Fucking Kyubey! And to make it worse, I found out Kyubey had already been pulled from that box wich makes the odds of me getting one even more unlikely which just makes it even worse. After that I realised I wouldn't be sane again until I got the single one I wanted. Now every time there is something Madoka related they expect me to buy it.

I would have gotten that Sayaka lke the Madoka you have, but I wouldn't have been happy unless I had a Kyoko to go with it. I think being an otaku is really a curse. I asked if the store owner could order in Homura. She said she would take a look. I came back the next week but it wasn't Homura she had ordered. It was Mikasa from SNK! Someone was asking about it but the guy behind the counter was told that it was reserved for me. And they are such nice people, in the end I couldn't refuse.

Postby Cerulean » Fri Aug 08, 2014 3:48 am

Tenshi Nova wrote:   My mind is hoping for a fight.   

if there is one, it probably won't last too long since they're in a hospital   

Hiroko wrote:It made my skin crawl. >_O

yea, I thought I was ready for a Kawai chapter. Nope.   

Also that is the most adorable Madoka figure I've ever seen wow.
Tumblr
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Hallow Nova » Fri Aug 08, 2014 4:01 am

Just 1 or 2 hits will be long enough.   
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Hiroko » Sat Aug 09, 2014 2:03 am

Cerulean wrote:   yea, I thought I was ready for a Kawai chapter. Nope.   

Also that is the most adorable Madoka figure I've ever seen wow.

I don't think I was ever going to be ready for a Kawai chapter, I just...hate her so much. I actually don't know who I hate more, her or Ueno, but both are certainly deplorable in their own right, Ueno more obviously/traditionally so, but something about the subtleties of Kawai's attitude and behavior is just...very off-putting.   

And yeah, same here. I'm super pleased to have it, it's so cute. >u<
The Sentimental One

Postby Q.U. » Sat Aug 09, 2014 4:13 pm

SAO's 2nd season power fantasy has finally officially reached the long-awaited levels of Mary Sue... Or should I say Marty Stu, though with that hairstyle he could be either.

Still, this was just ridiculous. I do kinda like seeing some repressed trauma, as that would be expected, but this seems way misused.

No spoilers because it's not a spoiler.
This post is intended for information only. Please do not reply to this message as responses cannot be read or acknowledged due to the stupidity of the user.

Postby top gear tony » Sat Aug 09, 2014 4:45 pm

I don't think I'll watch it, so tell me what happened, please. In spoiler of course.

Postby Q.U. » Sat Aug 09, 2014 4:52 pm

The bad guy who kills people irl by shooting them in game turns out to be an old SAO player from the Laughing Coffin assassins guild. Kirito remembers raiding their base and them fighting to the death, and him having to kill 3 people in the battle. Gets all shaken and then defeats his main 2nd character with ease because she apparently already fell for him (obviously). Also he spouts out a bunch of "cool shit" about life and death situations etc.   
This post is intended for information only. Please do not reply to this message as responses cannot be read or acknowledged due to the stupidity of the user.

Postby SantaUltraDJClaus » Sat Aug 09, 2014 6:49 pm

Screw it, when I'm done with catching up with messages, I got to see how bad this shit, SAO, is. It sounds really ridiculous.
Just Rockin

Postby Hallow Nova » Sun Aug 10, 2014 10:55 pm

Hiroko wrote:   I don't think I was ever going to be ready for a Kawai chapter, I just...hate her so much. I actually don't know who I hate more, her or Ueno, but both are certainly deplorable in their own right, Ueno more obviously/traditionally so, but something about the subtleties of Kawai's attitude and behavior is just...very off-putting.   

Kawai, much hate. She seems a lot more manipulative.   
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Yog » Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:29 pm

Tenshi Nova wrote:
Hiroko wrote:   I don't think I was ever going to be ready for a Kawai chapter, I just...hate her so much. I actually don't know who I hate more, her or Ueno, but both are certainly deplorable in their own right, Ueno more obviously/traditionally so, but something about the subtleties of Kawai's attitude and behavior is just...very off-putting.   

Kawai, much hate. She seems a lot more manipulative.   

Actually, my own hate simmered down a bit. I didn't like her more, mind you. I actually pitied the girl.

Kawaii is seriously fucked up. Like. Bad. She strikes me as the type that, given a push, will undergo an enormous nervous breakdown.

You can tell from the dialogue that she's doing everything she can to convince herself that she's in the right, and that she's a great person. Once that notion breaks, it seems like she's to basically self-destruct in a major way.   
Resident Old God

PreviousNext

Return to EverAfter