The Anime Thread.

A hangout for fans of Endling's EverAfter. You aren't required to talk about the comics.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: The Anime Thread.

Postby Creppy Eggy » Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:46 pm

I'm behind on lots of shows/animes... bollocks.
As I saw the creature, I was as white as an egg. I was so scared I might crack from fear. As the humanoid began to lunge after me, I was walking on egg shells from how scared I was. It grabbed me, took me to its station, and cracked me open. The last thing I saw were my yellow insides cooked on a pan. Human nature is as evil as a rotten egg.

Stuff: Exodis is funnier than people give him credit for.
The Intergalactic Huevo

Postby Cerulean » Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:07 pm

ari-6 wrote:Shaman King, Mummies Alive, Medabots, Cardcaptor Sakura, Monster rancher, Oban Star Racer and Digimon. Its hard to appreciate now just how big an impact shows like these had on my life. I don't know if I will ever find an anime I feel the same way about as I did about these shows back then. Even if that is the nostalgia filter at work and they were not as great as I remember them being, I still want to find something that brings back that same feeling.

So many great memories <3 Only two from this list that I never saw were Oban Star Racer and Mummies Alive. Hmm, I think I might still have those Clow cards around here somewhere....

ari-6 wrote:Tsubasa Chronicles (sequel to CCS)

Hmm, not really a sequel, more of a....completely different series with the same characters (different universe). I've seen about 10 or so episodes of it, and I've enjoyed what I have seen, but I haven't gone back to finish the rest. I mean it has like 4 or so different seasons (first two amount to 52 episodes,last two are a total of 5 OVAs) ._. so yea, ended up getting distracted and never went back to it. Plus

Hiroko wrote:I am behind on many shows and anime, is what I am getting at. @_@

I'm in this situation. About halfway through MLP, and haven't caught up on the latest season of Adventure Time at all. Adding in all the new anime/shows that came out this season that I at least want to see the first episode on, books, and life and I'm pretty swamped :x
"A reader lives a thousand lives, the man who never reads lives only one." - George R.R. Martin
Tumblr
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Hiroko » Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:02 am

I actually have a "Clow Book" thing in my room, though I got them from a swapmeet and they were pre-owned, so a handful of cards are missing from the set. :c

Clearly I need to become a magical girl and go capture some cards.

Anyway...It's a miracle that I've actually managed to barely make it to the fifth season of Adventure Time, since I started going through the show...what, a month ago? ...Which...is extremely surprisingly, in retrospect. o-o ...There's still quite a few episodes to watch in the fifth season, though, so...can't quite catch my breath just yet, I suppose.

Also...you're watching MLP, Cerulean? o.o Whatcha think of it so far, if you don't mind me asking?
The Sentimental One

Postby ari-6 » Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:28 am

Cerulean wrote: I might still have those Clow cards around here somewhere....
I know exactly where mine are

Cerulean wrote:
ari-6 wrote:Tsubasa Chronicles (sequel to CCS)

Hmm, not really a sequel, more of a....completely different series with the same characters (different universe).
Sorry, I think the reveal that it is a sequel comes near the end. The Lee in this series is actually the son of Sakura and Shoaron. It is also linked to XXXHolic though I have no idea how.

Hiroko wrote: AND trying to watch all the Pokemon seasons from scratch (this will be the death of me I swear to God).

And there's still Gravity Falls to look into, come to think of it...
I wish missing shows was my only worry. I kind of gave up on keeping up with all the series I like back in collage. I still have not seen the end of Dexter.

Tenshi Nova wrote:I've heard a lot about Adventure Time, only saw a handful of episodes.
Exactly what about it attracts people? I'm not really seeing why it's so popular.
[/quote] I know exactly what you mean. I grouped it together with other slapstick shows I hated like "Gumball" "Flapjack" "Chowder" "Regular show" "Jonny Test" Oh so much hatred for these. (And jet CN can't seem to find the money to continue to fund shows like Young Justice) But so many people I know were praising Adventure Time so I gave it a shot and it did not convince me straight away. I think it may have been when Marceline was introduced that it peeked for me. She is still my favourite character. I can't really explain why but I feel that I get some kind of deeper enjoyment out of it, and so many other people like me have said the same thing. But I guess it is kind of like MLP, I am not sure I understand it's popularity but I was more willing to give it a shot after watching Adventure Time. I am trying to find a poster of the "Henchman" screen card for my new room.
Some people shouldn't have an imagination. They just abuse it.
Im Making This Up As I Go

Postby Cerulean » Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:22 am

ari-6 wrote:Sorry, I think the reveal that it is a sequel comes near the end. The Lee in this series is actually the son of Sakura and Shoaron. It is also linked to XXXHolic though I have no idea how.

From what I've seen, CLAMP likes to continuously use characters from their previous shows in their other shows.    A pretty good example being the characters from XXXHolic showing up in Tsubasa Chronicles, and the characters from Tsubasa Chronicles showing up in Kobato. If I had to take a guess at how they're all connected, then I would say that it had to do with the multitude of universes that are explored in Tsubasa Chronicles. Basically saying that each universe has the same people in it as other universes, but they are probably doing different things (Example: In universe A, Random Guy 1 is a prince. In Universe B, Random Guy 1 is Shop owner). I don't remember the Lee being the son of Syaoran thing, then again, my memory of CCS is foggy at best anyway, so I'm probably just forgetting something.   

Hiroko wrote:Also...you're watching MLP, Cerulean? o.o Whatcha think of it so far, if you don't mind me asking?

Yep, I started to watch it a few months ago and I'm halfway through Season 2. It's strange, I didn't think that i would like it all that much when I started (especially with my nostalgia goggles from the original MLP on (though I vaguely remember anything from it now >.> )), but I ended up liking it quite a bit. Pretty addicting, wish I had the time to marathon the remainder of the series....
"A reader lives a thousand lives, the man who never reads lives only one." - George R.R. Martin
Tumblr
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Hiroko » Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:42 am

Cerulean wrote:Yep, I started to watch it a few months ago and I'm halfway through Season 2. It's strange, I didn't think that i would like it all that much when I started (especially with my nostalgia goggles from the original MLP on (though I vaguely remember anything from it now >.> )), but I ended up liking it quite a bit. Pretty addicting, wish I had the time to marathon the remainder of the series....

I see. Glad to hear that you're enjoying it so far! ouo Wish you luck on catching up--especially since the next season will be airing on November 23rd, I believe? So, there's that to look forward to.
The Sentimental One

Postby Hallow Nova » Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:36 am

@Ari
Teri from Amazing World of Gumball :3
Favorite character throughout that list of shows.

I've slowly started watching more and more MLP.
<.<
>.>
Fluttershy best pony...
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby ari-6 » Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:45 pm

I do not think I have seen enough of it yet to say which is my favourite, but I think I will try to stick with it.

So Tenshi, are Death Note and Puella Magi still on your "to watch" list? What other great shows are also o this forsaken list I wonder?

Have some awesome art which you did not need, want, or ask for.
Homura is best girl!

Postby Hallow Nova » Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:23 pm

Yes...a very long list >.>
Code Geass is still on top of that. Course I 'accidentally' boosted a couple above it >.>
Beyond the Boundary being my favorite atm c:
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby ari-6 » Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:52 pm

Code Geass, Madoka and Death Note are all in my top 5. Has anyone else here besides myself and Tony seen Evangelion.

Postby top gear tony » Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:11 pm

Gotta be honest I really don't care for Death Note. Really dislike it.

I have no idea how commas work

Yog: Praise the sun that is Top Gear Tony, a friend to all.
Do I have style points yet

Postby ari-6 » Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:37 pm

To be honest it will probably be displaced once SNK finishes.

Postby tonightscake » Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:49 pm

Evangelion is frigin' amazing. Giant mechs that move the same speed in proportion to humans. But you really gotta love how the creators love killing off main characters.
Why not?
Lovely Antics

Postby ari-6 » Wed Nov 06, 2013 4:05 pm

To be honest, not the biggest fan of mechs. I loves the Evas but I mainly watch for the characters and their psychology. That and Rebuild has some amazing visuals.

Postby Blood Lord » Wed Nov 06, 2013 5:33 pm

ari-6 wrote:http://st.gdefon.com/wallpapers_original/wallpapers/339958_mahou-shoujo-madoka-magika_devushka_akemi-homura_5519x4007_(www.GdeFon.ru).jpg
Homura is best girl!

Hmm... That'll work perfect for something I'm drawing.
Stufflikehearts - He is a Sith Lord. I love Blood Lord :3
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby ari-6 » Wed Nov 06, 2013 5:44 pm

What will, I wonder? The pose?

Postby Blood Lord » Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:56 pm

It was going to be the jacket. Not working so well now.
Stufflikehearts - He is a Sith Lord. I love Blood Lord :3
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby ari-6 » Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:10 pm

But still I would like to see the results. For my FMP I created a character whose jacket was based on Homura's design.

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:59 am

God, catching up on what I missed here was a big nostalgia trip. Funny thing is if you want to look at it closely, Tsubasa Chronicles and the Kingdom Hearts series both have veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeery similar stories.

Also, with Cardcaptor Sakura, I guess I never got they were trying to Shonen it up until I looked at the English opening again. I can understand how it could get younger audiences' blood pumping right from the start with how action-y it feels. I'll always appreciate the original dub for introducing me to the series, but watching the sub was a ton better experience.
"Cogito, ergo es eggo." A.K.A. "I think, therefore you are a waffle."
An Optimist

Postby ari-6 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:09 pm

Tony, have you seen this craziness?!

Postby Hiroko » Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:12 pm

There is also this preview craziness:

And this from one of the trailers, and I'm scared of the implications...

The Sentimental One

Postby ari-6 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:27 pm

Hiroko, I think that was too much craziness in fact. I had to stop watching half way through. I am determined to avoid spoilers whatever it takes. I might have enjoyed the series even more (if that is possible) were it not for spoilers.

And that GIF looks scary awesome! I am looking forward to this movie like nobody knows how much!

Postby Creppy Eggy » Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:36 pm

Craziness, huh?
*watches trailers*
Ohhh... what did I just watch.
As I saw the creature, I was as white as an egg. I was so scared I might crack from fear. As the humanoid began to lunge after me, I was walking on egg shells from how scared I was. It grabbed me, took me to its station, and cracked me open. The last thing I saw were my yellow insides cooked on a pan. Human nature is as evil as a rotten egg.

Stuff: Exodis is funnier than people give him credit for.
The Intergalactic Huevo

Postby Hiroko » Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:48 pm

ari-6 wrote:Hiroko, I think that was too much craziness in fact. I had to stop watching half way through. I am determined to avoid spoilers whatever it takes. I might have enjoyed the series even more (if that is possible) were it not for spoilers.

And that GIF looks scary awesome! I am looking forward to this movie like nobody knows how much!

I did say it was a preview. :0 That said...the spoilers in this preview are just super confusing. o_o I was literally left stunned and wondering "What the heck did I just watch...?" by the end of it, 'cause none of made any sense and pffft.

I'm excited for the movie and also extremely worried, given what we've seen in trailers and all. :x I have a bad feeling that we might not even get a bittersweet ending this time...;;;;
The Sentimental One

Postby top gear tony » Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:53 am

ari-6 wrote:Tony, have you seen this craziness?!

I have now. Jesus, looks interesting. Makes the wait for the official English release harder.

Hiroko wrote:There is also this preview craziness:

Wait isn't the third movie meant to take place in the new world and stuff, what is this?

And this from one of the trailers, and I'm scared of the implications...

Well now, what do we have here, anyone?

I have no idea how commas work

Yog: Praise the sun that is Top Gear Tony, a friend to all.
Do I have style points yet

PreviousNext

Return to EverAfter