The Anime Thread.

A hangout for fans of Endling's EverAfter. You aren't required to talk about the comics.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: The Anime Thread.

Postby Kusang_Manalo » Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:01 am

I also think the French openly dislike disney animations.

Wakfu and Treasure of Kerubim, are the only French animations I know so far but they're really, really awesome.

Aside from those, I watch a lot of animated short from gobelins. They're freaking dope.

"Screw the social dogma of the intended demographic. If the show is for little girls then that makes me a bitch." - PanPizza
Not-an-animator

Postby Tenshi Nova » Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:22 am

I remember this :3
Now I'm curious...what did Code Lyoko sound like in French.
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
Rocks

Postby Exodis » Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:26 am

... like french people voice acting in a cartoon.
The Last Savior

Postby Tenshi Nova » Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:28 am

Tone of voice, type of voice. Laughs, screams and awkwardness of the moment. Dippy :p

Take Spice & Wolf as an example.
Rocks

Postby Exodis » Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:39 am

Ohhh... umm...
Randori wrote:... like french people voice acting in a cartoon?
Mir@k: Exodis is the little kid of the forum, compared to everyone else.
Grey: From now on i will call you eggy because i don't like x but ex sounds like eggs. i like eggs.
Yog: Exodis, your manner of speech and the way you conduct yourself is beginning to evolve to the point where I'm starting to like you.
Blood Lord: Yup, Randori is a very well respected night elf of the community. His valuable service to the site has brought great blessings to this people.
BeeAre: I'm totally gay for Randori.
Stuff: Exodis, you are learning. Mama is proud.

Live the Lovable Life, Die the Dreadful Death.
Check out my story! Exodis - The Last Savior
The Last Savior

Postby Blood Lord » Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:48 am

I got to agree with Randori on this. It probably sounds like a bunch of french people voicing a cartoon.
Stufflikehearts - He is a Sith Lord. I love Blood Lord :3
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Mercypostle

Postby Tenshi Nova » Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:00 am

It's like the preferences of subs vs dubs. Some ppl hear the difference and prefer it. Most dubs are awful, and some anime pretty bad voice acting.
I'm more curious on the original cast of voices I should say.
Rocks

Postby Tuor » Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:06 am

Maaaaybe try and find a clip of it on youtube or something. You can't expect the people who have seen it in french to describe every voice to you, haha
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Tenshi Nova » Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:07 am

I plan to when I get home. I can't play videos in class xD
Rocks

Postby top gear tony 666 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 1:00 pm

I've seen plenty in my time. It just seems........ off. But I am speaking as a foreigner to that country.

Then again, shows being translated into Welsh just seems wrong and I speak that fluently. Fi dim yn gally rhoi fy bys arno er.
After mounths of rigorous trials and conducted research I have finally come to the conclusion that Modern Warfare 2 can go SUCK IT. (Note to self, change signature..... I probably could have changed it by now, but it's funny being all meta and self aware.)
Do I have style points yet

Postby ari-6 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 1:42 pm

You live in wales? I am living there now. Have not seen a single person speak welsh.

Tenshi Nova wrote:It's like the preferences of subs vs dubs. Some ppl hear the difference and prefer it. Most dubs are awful, and some anime pretty bad voice acting.

I would say the amount of good dubs being produced today is pretty good compared to say 10 or 15 years ago, but if a dub is bad at least I know I can always watch subbed. However I could not get into Code Lyoko because the voice acting put me off. and this was even as a kid. If I found it in sub and had the time I would definitely watch it.

Here are some examples of shows animated in france

That last one is actually Italian but I am including it anyway. France definitely seems like a good place to be.
My Gallery http://ari-6.deviantart.com/gallery/ Check it out when you get the chance.
gott ist tot

Postby top gear tony 666 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 2:38 pm

ari-6 wrote:You live in wales? I am living there now. Have not seen a single person speak welsh.

Because it's a dead langue and the idiots keep throwing money away trying to keep it alive.

ari-6 wrote:
Tenshi Nova wrote:It's like the preferences of subs vs dubs. Some ppl hear the difference and prefer it. Most dubs are awful, and some anime pretty bad voice acting.

I would say the amount of good dubs being produced today is pretty good compared to say 10 or 15 years ago, but if a dub is bad at least I know I can always watch subbed. However I could not get into Code Lyoko because the voice acting put me off. and this was even as a kid. If I found it in sub and had the time I would definitely watch it.

Here are some examples of shows animated in france

That last one is actually Italian but I am including it anyway. France definitely seems like a good place to be.

I liked W.I.T.C.H. But Code Lyoko was always mediocre to me. The acting, the way it animated at times the disjoint between animation and voices. It just seemed uncanny valley sorts of weird.

Sorry, don't want to change subject here, but have you guys played Song of Saya? I just remembered it since it was brought up on Extra Credits. It's written by the guy who wrote Madoka Magica and it's really, really fucked up. When it comes to grotesque imagery I'm a steel wall, but Jesus fuck. It's Halloween too, what better day than this to try it out.

Again, SERIOUS WARNING! Enter at own risk. Also luckily the image has been cropped.
Ok back to topic.
After mounths of rigorous trials and conducted research I have finally come to the conclusion that Modern Warfare 2 can go SUCK IT. (Note to self, change signature..... I probably could have changed it by now, but it's funny being all meta and self aware.)
Do I have style points yet

Postby Exodis » Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:57 pm

Isn't one of those shows you mentioned from Sketchers? The shoe company?
Mir@k: Exodis is the little kid of the forum, compared to everyone else.
Grey: From now on i will call you eggy because i don't like x but ex sounds like eggs. i like eggs.
Yog: Exodis, your manner of speech and the way you conduct yourself is beginning to evolve to the point where I'm starting to like you.
Blood Lord: Yup, Randori is a very well respected night elf of the community. His valuable service to the site has brought great blessings to this people.
BeeAre: I'm totally gay for Randori.
Stuff: Exodis, you are learning. Mama is proud.

Live the Lovable Life, Die the Dreadful Death.
Check out my story! Exodis - The Last Savior
The Last Savior

Postby The Mad Doctor » Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:02 pm

:up: this
F U Im evil

Postby Tenshi Nova » Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:17 pm

Pretty sure no one cares, but w/e
Hearing Code Lyoko in French...I dislike the voice for Odd, but altogether it was somehow over dramatic and not so at once. Very playful.
Rocks

Postby ari-6 » Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:24 pm

Tenshi Nova wrote:Pretty sure no one cares, but w/e
Hearing Code Lyoko in French...I dislike the voice for Odd, but altogether it was somehow over dramatic and not so at once. Very playful.

No one cares that it was a show based on a shoe advert or no one cares about what you have to say? I do, Is the sub much less annoying? What kind of show is it really? I was interested but the dub always put me off. Is it really worth watching or is there something better along the same lines I should watch instead?
My Gallery http://ari-6.deviantart.com/gallery/ Check it out when you get the chance.
gott ist tot

Postby Tenshi Nova » Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:12 am

No one cares about the French version of Code Lyoko. Not much better than the English dubs. I still think watching either is fine. The French just seems more playful and dramatic, I'd still suggest to watch it in the language you're most comfortable with.
Rocks

Postby ari-6 » Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:06 pm

I just spent the last 30 minuets on a nostalgia trip. Watching the English openings to shows like Shaman King, Mummies Alive, Medabots, Cardcaptor Sakura, Monster rancher, Oban Star Racer and Digimon. Its hard to appreciate now just how big an impact shows like these had on my life. I don't know if I will ever find an anime I feel the same way about as I did about these shows back then. Even if that is the nostalgia filter at work and they were not as great as I remember them being, I still want to find something that brings back that same feeling.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qLl145FqQg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERpK-7K70ws
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZ9YTr8gBPI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urdCzAOBJCE
gott ist tot

Postby Tenshi Nova » Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:15 pm

OBAN STAR RACERS!

Aw, Ari <3
Oban was my first anime. It's still one of the best I've ever seen. :D
Rocks

Postby Hiroko » Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:19 pm

That opening for the English dub of Cardcaptor Sakura amuses me so much, given that this is the original Japanese opening in comparison:

The Sentimental One

Postby ari-6 » Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:42 pm

Well they did kind of have to rebrand the whole thing as a shounen. My brain tells me that it would have been better off not having been bought by 4kids but at the same time I question weather I would still feel the same way about it if it had been any different. I still have a link to the sub saved somewhere that I never used. I keep meaning to watch Tsubasa Chronicles (sequel to CCS) but I do not know when that will happen. Can anyone recommend it.
gott ist tot

Postby Hiroko » Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:06 pm

I knew about that, but it amuses me all the same, the lengths they went to in editing a show that was clearly meant to be a shoujo anime so that they could hope to draw in young boys as well.

I'm tempted to go watch Cardcaptor Sakura subbed, but I still have Adventure Time to catch up on...and Sailor Moon (and I am doing the painful thing by watching both the English dub and the Japanese English-subbed concurrently, mostly out of a morbid curiosity to see just how different the original and the dub are, since, unlike most people, I never actually watched the English dub of Sailor Moon as a kid, so I literally have no memories of it save for this one movie a friend of mine showed me bits of in 6th grade), AND trying to watch all the Pokemon seasons from scratch (this will be the death of me I swear to God).

And there's still Gravity Falls to look into, come to think of it...

I am behind on many shows and anime, is what I am getting at. @_@
The Sentimental One

Postby The Mad Doctor » Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:18 pm

Woah, slow down.
F U Im evil

Postby Tenshi Nova » Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:24 pm

I've heard a lot about Adventure Time, only saw a handful of episodes.
Exactly what about it attracts people? I'm not really seeing why it's so popular.
Rocks

Postby The Mad Doctor » Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:30 pm

I feel ya bro.
F U Im evil

PreviousNext

Return to EverAfter