The Anime Thread.

A hangout for fans of Endling's EverAfter. You aren't required to talk about the comics.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: The Anime Thread.

Postby MQuinny1234 » Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:26 pm

...My minor collectiong looks even tinier now...Ah well, it's not like I can get my hand son em easily anyway.

Also, Seitokai Yakuindomo, once you hit episode eight you begin to wonder how is this being allowed to air?
Image=
-"I'm sophisticated, charming, suave, and debonair, Professor. But I have never claimed to be civilized."
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby Kusang_Manalo » Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:12 pm

Tony, have you watched Summer Wars or Mind Games? Fantastic stuff!
"Screw the social dogma of the intended demographic. If the show is for little girls then that makes me a bitch." - PanPizza
Not-an-animator

Postby top gear tony 666 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:13 am

No I haven't, but I'm always open to new options so I might as well check them out at some point.
After mounths of rigorous trials and conducted research I have finally come to the conclusion that Modern Warfare 2 can go SUCK IT. (Note to self, change signature..... I probably could have changed it by now, but it's funny being all meta and self aware.)
Do I have style points yet

Postby Morpheus » Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:45 am

Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Kusang_Manalo » Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:27 am

+10 rep

I APPROVE OF THIS SHIT!

Apparently, because I'm playing Monster Hunter Tri right now :]
"Screw the social dogma of the intended demographic. If the show is for little girls then that makes me a bitch." - PanPizza
Not-an-animator

Postby top gear tony 666 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:43 am

Godda love fan art.
After mounths of rigorous trials and conducted research I have finally come to the conclusion that Modern Warfare 2 can go SUCK IT. (Note to self, change signature..... I probably could have changed it by now, but it's funny being all meta and self aware.)

Postby Morpheus » Fri Feb 04, 2011 4:23 pm

Kusang_Manalo wrote:+10 rep

I APPROVE OF THIS SHIT!

Apparently, because I'm playing Monster Hunter Tri right now :]

Tell me if you need help.
I'm hr100
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Jasthn » Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:10 am

What is this fan art for?

Lol, I just noticed the squid being cooked. And... Tentacles.
I GOT 'DEM HUMPS.
Doctress Who:You can be my Brony bitch ;D
Droctress Who:Jas, would you like me to make you a sandwich?
JesusChrist: Well if you insist Jasthn I'll use it with you. Spread them cheeks

Tragedy_and_Comedy: Jas is about as dangerous as a kitten.
Blood Lord:I hit your dog with mah truck. :3
Lenore Celestalis:*jumps on your back* weee~
That guy.

Postby Kusang_Manalo » Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:44 am

Morph, I'd love to play online. But sadly, my aunt, who gave me this wii, forgot to give me the PIN code. She's living in Canada. FFFFFFFFFF!!
Not-an-animator

Postby Morpheus » Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:08 am

Call her.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Wulfespinndel » Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:55 am

Tuor wrote:
Rowby wrote:I like Black Lagoon cuz of the characters, Hansel & Gretel.
I got an obsession of Twincest now.
>:3

I was so glad when they died. I practically cheered and I definitely gave a "Fuck ya"

Lol, funny you mentioned the Vampire Twins, they weren't really brother and sisters anyway.
"Declare the past, diagnose the present, foretell the future; practice these acts. As to diseases, make a habit of two things — to help, or at least to do no harm."
-Hippocrates

KR Series Finished: Kuuga, Agito, Ryuki, Faiz, Blade, OOO, Fourze, Wizard
No. of Combat Arms Unbelievables: 3
Live by the Sword die by the Sword

Postby MQuinny1234 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:19 am

How so?

Also, Rowby, just what is your avatar from?
Image=
-"I'm sophisticated, charming, suave, and debonair, Professor. But I have never claimed to be civilized."
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby Rowby » Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:39 pm

Isn't it obvious?
It's from Yosuga no Sora
EDIT: A friend of mines made it for me. I didn't bother going here on the ART forums and request for the designs, so I went over to Freesky Online forums (even though it's dead there cuz the game is lacking).

Also, like back in whatever two pages ago, here's my collection of random anime and crap:
*̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ *̡͌l̡*
Stufflikehearts: Why the Rowby hate?
BloodLord: I don't really know. He use to be the guy that you would look at and go "Ohh you XD"
LilChocobo789: I don't hate you Rowby!
Stufflikehearts: I love Rowby, he's my wittle buddy :3

̄ω ̄

Postby Tragedy_and_Comedy » Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:07 am

So I'm not the only one with a shit load.

That being said I bought three mini hetalia figurines, a TRC bag and a Mokona plushie
You... you really don't get it... do you? I... I love him... I'd die with him. Or for him. That's what you do... how you feel when you love someone. - Impulse

Postby top gear tony 666 » Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:50 am

Christ Rowdy, thats a helluva lot of stuff.

Postby Rowby » Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:40 pm

Actually, I already sold almost all of my mangas at the place Book Off. I got back 40 bucks from all my collection. It was 50 cent to a dollar of each manga books sold over at the place.

Now I only have Rosario+Vampire, Black God, Bamboo Blade and Ninja Girls. Along with my Dragon Tiger Gate, Clannad, and Negima!? DVDs and my Halo books, Sun Tzu Art of War, Killzone A Sniper Novel, Star Wars Republic Commando True Colors, Tom Clancy's EndWar, and Harold Coyle's They Are Soldiers books and novels. But I'm still keeping the Sola manga cuz of Broccoli Books stopped making them like over 3 years ago when I got it.

I gotta trim down on my spendings though. lol But I'm still collection only on some particular mangas or anime dvds.

EDIT: Do you guys know anywhere else that I can read Highschool Of The Dead manga? I read most of it on mangareader.net and they suddenly stopped posting up the chapters. I'm already behind now.
BloodLord: I don't really know. He use to be the guy that you would look at and go "Ohh you XD"

̄ω ̄

Postby top gear tony 666 » Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:37 am

The translators already said since it's licensed by Yen Press they've stopped translating it due to legal issues. So in other words you have a snow balls chance in hell of finding anymore.

Postby Rowby » Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:13 pm

Hmm...weird.
When did this happened? It stopped at Chapter 28-29 around there. And it's already on chapter 33 english translation thing. :/

̄ω ̄

Postby Princess » Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:23 pm

Any Umineko fans? This image is fucking awesome.
Tuor: Stuff is our resident, hot mess, alcoholic.
Senel: Stuff is the patron saint of getting shitfaced. You replaced your organs with an engine that runs solely on alcohol.
Tuor: You foolish fools, no one can tame the stuffaluffagus!
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Morpheus » Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:59 pm

I remember you had avatars from it.
Tell me what is it about?
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Princess » Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:28 pm

Umineko no Naku Koro ni takes place primarily in the year 1986, during the time frame of October 4 and October 5 on a small, secluded island named Rokkenjima (六軒島?) 10 km around owned and lived on by Kinzo, the head of the wealthy Ushiromiya family.[4] Kinzo is near death, and eight of his family members arrive on the island for the annual family conference, where the adults plan to discuss how Kinzo's assets will be divided once he is dead. Also on the island are three family members who live there, five of Kinzo's servants, and his personal physician. After the eight family members arrive, a typhoon traps them on the island, and shortly after, strange things start to happen and people start dying.
The main character of the story is Battler Ushiromiya, son of Kinzo's second son Rudolf. Battler has not been to the annual Ushiromiya conference in six years due to living with his maternal grandparents ever since his mother Asumu died, and even took his mother's maiden name instead of Ushiromiya. When his grandparents died, he went back to living with his father, his second wife Kyrie, and their daughter Ange, his half-sister. Once on the island, Battler once again becomes acquainted with the legend of the golden witch Beatrice who supposedly lives in the naturally dense forest on Rokkenjima. A portrait of her lies in the entrance hall of the Ushiromiya family mansion, and a puzzling epitaph is written below the portrait. Rumor has it on the island that Beatrice gave ten tons of gold to Kinzo in the past to restart the Ushiromiya family after being crippled in the 1923 Great Kantō earthquake. It is said that whoever solves the riddle of the witch's epitaph will receive the gold and be the next successor to the Ushiromiya family.
Once the typhoon hits, a ghastly game begins, starting with the murder of six people on the island. If the witch's epitaph cannot be solved, people will continue to die in mysterious deaths, following the outline given by the epitaph itself, until the witch Beatrice ultimately revives. After this comes to pass, Battler is the only one left alive who does not believe in witches or magic, and as such the door to the "golden land" (as stipulated on the epitaph) cannot be opened. Beatrice takes Battler and herself to a parallel dimension, Purgatorio, which is able to oversee events on Rokkenjima. From this point on, Battler and Beatrice are locked in a game of twisted logic where Battler must attempt to explain all of the mysterious events on Rokkenjima from the standpoint that they are caused by a human, and Beatrice attempts to explain everything with witches and magic. One of the recurring motifs is use of the locked room mystery, and several logical arguments are presented to explain the mysteries including the devil's proof, the raven paradox, and Schrödinger's cat. If Beatrice can get Battler to ultimately surrender and accept witches and magic, Beatrice wins.

It's hard to explain hahaha
Senel: Stuff is the patron saint of getting shitfaced. You replaced your organs with an engine that runs solely on alcohol.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Morpheus » Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:56 am

Is it finished already?
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Rival » Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:19 pm

Morpheus wrote:Is it finished already?

Depends what you mean. It's primarily a Comiket doujin game(like Touhou, Type-Moon or Fate/stay night), so the main franchise won't die any time soon.

The, from what I heard, not very faithful anime adaptation, had 26 episodes and has ended.

For the record, I'm not a fan.
Stanisław Lem wrote:I hadn't known there were so many idiots in the world until I started using the Internet.

Postby Princess » Thu Mar 03, 2011 5:53 pm

Yeah the first season has ended, it's only good if you play the game. The anime leaves a lot of information out.. and I'm pretty sure I figured out who the killer is.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Rowby » Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:33 am

Too bad IS Infinite Stratos. That anime was getting good. :3
Too short though. >:/

̄ω ̄

PreviousNext

Return to EverAfter