Che Guevara time bitch.

A hangout for fans of Endling's EverAfter. You aren't required to talk about the comics.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Che Guevara time bitch.

Postby top gear tony » Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:32 pm

I'm game.

I have no idea how commas work

Yog: Praise the sun that is Top Gear Tony, a friend to all.
Do I have style points yet

Postby Keiran » Sat Oct 10, 2009 1:26 am

I will help in any way possible, Choco, I am at your service. I have never been one for politics, haven't got a head for it, but I will do my best!

Postby JinJoe » Sat Oct 10, 2009 2:25 am

Stufflikehearts wrote:I'm tired of having to tell people to stick to the topic, stop spamming, one worded posts, etc. It's repetitive and I DESPISE having to repeat myself.
This system won't guarantee that you won't be using those again.
In fact it might even increase the frequency of that occurrence for the next few days
because some of the regulars might need some time to get used to the "new" system
especially to those users who haven't seen/noticed this change yet.

Instead, it would be replaced by "Read the fucking rules you moron!" or "I'm a veteran bitch so <INSERT SOMETHING HERE>!"
since we don't have mod powers, we'll be relying more on warnings, flames, insults, and domination to enforce rules.
Especially if a newbie shows up like one of those who would respond "SO WAT?!" (like Rulerking and Lil_deAth)
or "You're not a mod so why should I listen to you?" (Fleshmeat) to you
or those who apologizes and promises to improve but still acts the same regardless.

That is where the trouble starts
but fortunately a scenario like that is unlikely to happen any time soon
since this section doesn't get much new regulars as the other sections do
although the growth rate seems to be increasing since a number of weeks ago.

All in all even if this system is implemented,
the mods will take notice and/or get involved in this eventually.
But at least we'll get law and order around here for once.
This would probably put off some of us in the process
but as they say: "Sacrifices must be made".

Postby MQuinny1234 » Sat Oct 10, 2009 8:38 am

Hmm, law and order. I hope this won't be mind-numbingly boring then.
Will order then stretch to the other threads as well?
Image=
-"I'm sophisticated, charming, suave, and debonair, Professor. But I have never claimed to be civilized."
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby JinJoe » Sat Oct 10, 2009 9:06 am

MQuinny1234 wrote:Will order then stretch to the other threads as well?
The entire EverAfter section to be precise... If all goes well that is.

Postby MQuinny1234 » Sat Oct 10, 2009 11:18 am

*sigh* guess the human need for order will always fight against chaos, even if it is fun. I'll be good in this thread but I'll fight to the death in the others.

Now, to get back on topic, when will this thing actually kick off?
Image=
-"I'm sophisticated, charming, suave, and debonair, Professor. But I have never claimed to be civilized."
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby JinJoe » Sat Oct 10, 2009 11:26 am

When Chocolate Hurricane comes back and signals the green light.

Postby Tragedy_and_Comedy » Sat Oct 10, 2009 11:44 am

I wish we could start soon.
but I don't really know what to do...
You... you really don't get it... do you? I... I love him... I'd die with him. Or for him. That's what you do... how you feel when you love someone. - Impulse

Postby JinJoe » Sat Oct 10, 2009 11:49 am

Just whack the hooligans like you always do...
Basically you will have to enforce law and order to this forsaken land.
Texts and posts will be your primary tool for this task.

Also the report button perhaps?

Postby Tragedy_and_Comedy » Sat Oct 10, 2009 12:15 pm

Okay I can do that.
Shall we use a three-strikes system?
You... you really don't get it... do you? I... I love him... I'd die with him. Or for him. That's what you do... how you feel when you love someone. - Impulse

Postby Blood Lord » Sat Oct 10, 2009 12:27 pm

JinJoe wrote:When Chocolate Hurricane comes back and signals the green light.

That does not give you permission to spam this, MQuinny.

Blood Lord wrote:
I will allow Blood to give out the examples, considering I am curious to hear his interpretation of this gig.

Later, I have a test to study for right now.

K I can do my interpretation, prediction, and analysis of this thread now.

Now this is told to be a Coup D'etat, or more better known as Coup. It is basically a sudden shift in a government, over throwing the current one set in place, and establishing a new one. Now this sounds a lot like a Revolution. It is similar to one, but much more different.

In a Revolution, you have many against many, usually they have the same amount of people, or close to the same amount. That is more of a declaration of independence and wishing to either create a new country or break off. Now breaking off can be seen as a Civil War, but it is usually viewed as an internal conflict. The American Revolution actually started out as a English Civil War. The Americans then were damn proud to consider themselves as Englishmen, they were the most free people on the face of the Earth at that time, more than any other area or nation. The problem that created this War, and later a small nation that becomes one of the world's super powers is representation. Each group had a different view, a different tradition of how the law of representation is to be upheld.

But I got off course.

Now back to the Coup thing.

Wikipedia wrote:military historian Edward Luttwak says: “A coup consists of the infiltration of a small, but critical, segment of the state apparatus, which is then used to displace the government from its control of the remainder”

A Coup is brought about by a small number of people, who use the governments existing power to over through it and establish a new one. Traditionally, and historically this is done by a small number of powerful military figures. But it doesn't have to follow that path.

Coups are extremely common in Africa (look at the place, there's a new government by the end of every month). Between 1952 and 2000, 23 countries in Africa experienced 85 such depositions.

I'll give you a fiction example.

In the Star Wars Extended Universe, about 40 A.B.Y (Years After the Battle of Yavin), Jacen Solo (Son of Han Solo and Princess Leia) performed a military Coup over the Galactic Alliance. He preformed this maneuver by sending a law into another law that can be used during times of warfare (Which was already underway). This law gave the GAG (his secret government authorized police) the ability to arrest heads of state, and other key political personages during the time of war. He with the Admiral of the entire armed forces, succeed in takeover the Galactic Alliance in a bloodless fashion, by using the governments own laws and regulations against it.

Now what do I think of this Coup?

Is it a coup? There seems to be more people who want change and order, than there are those who want it to stay the same, but for examples sake, I'll stick to a Coup.

Now I'm going to use representations in this.

There is an established order, an order of chaos that completely grips this section, and T&C pointed out our already existing right.
Tragedy_and_Comedy wrote:We, as forum-attendees, have a right to have more control over what we have going on.

Using this statement, a regimen change is fine. However, we can only apply this to the EverAfter Section. The rest of the site as Moderators, who happen to be a heck of a lot more powerful than we are, but they are indeed our representatives. Both enforces and protectors of this site, and along this order's goal. so in a way, this also has an indirect support of the Moderators. Plus it would be dumb to try and over through those who could internet-ly kill you, and you can't fight back.

Now a few respected members, not just at this section, but this site support this change. Me, Chocolate, Stuff, and T&C (for EverAfter). We hold a lot of power. My word holds more "honor" in it than MQuinny's, Tony's, and Lemon's. So we have a small party, using the rights and rules of the current order, to take control and change it.

I really think that this is more of a "Civil War" , or establishing a new order type than a Coup. There seems to be a lot more members who support this idea than those who refuse it. In fact there seems to only be a few so far are against it.

Now for the Prediction.

I see this as going over pretty well. There is nothing that can really stop this, not when we have the rules, and the support of the mods behind this. However I caution using full order against it. Some silly chaos must remain in order to satisfy both parties, and to still make this Section "fun".

Now about PCHK. I respect her. I came into EverAfter when she was a powerful force, and a dominating controller. However in her absence, I think, she's lost some of that power. enough that nothing can be done to stop this. I really hope she will see the wisdom, and participate in this change. She can still fight for some silliness to occur. I think a good laugh every once and a while, or teasing is a good thing.

What I hope for is that this will establish is:
1: Make the Ever After Members into respectable, good community members.
2: Not totally destroy the silliness, but reshape it.
3: Bring order in here.
4: Bring intelligence in here.
5: Still maintain the level of fun that we enjoy today.

I really hope that we will be able to see a perfect merge of this. A perfect transformation. But, we can't go overboard to much with this.

Tragedy_and_Comedy wrote:Okay I can do that.
Shall we use a three-strikes system?

We will debate how, and what to do when the time comes.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Jasthn » Sat Oct 10, 2009 12:30 pm

You should be proud of yourself Blood. That was more than I had expected to see.
I GOT 'DEM HUMPS.
Doctress Who:You can be my Brony bitch ;D
Droctress Who:Jas, would you like me to make you a sandwich?
JesusChrist: Well if you insist Jasthn I'll use it with you. Spread them cheeks

Tragedy_and_Comedy: Jas is about as dangerous as a kitten.
Blood Lord:I hit your dog with mah truck. :3
Lenore Celestalis:*jumps on your back* weee~
That guy.

Postby Blood Lord » Sat Oct 10, 2009 12:53 pm

I'll be more impressed if anyone reads it.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Tragedy_and_Comedy » Sat Oct 10, 2009 12:55 pm

I did.

Postby JinJoe » Sat Oct 10, 2009 1:00 pm

Tragedy_and_Comedy wrote:I did.
:up: This.
But how do we prove this?

Postby Jasthn » Sat Oct 10, 2009 3:04 pm

Jin... its not that important if she. :roll:
I GOT 'DEM HUMPS.
Doctress Who:You can be my Brony bitch ;D
Droctress Who:Jas, would you like me to make you a sandwich?
JesusChrist: Well if you insist Jasthn I'll use it with you. Spread them cheeks

Tragedy_and_Comedy: Jas is about as dangerous as a kitten.
Blood Lord:I hit your dog with mah truck. :3
Lenore Celestalis:*jumps on your back* weee~
That guy.

Postby ChocolateHurricanex » Sat Oct 10, 2009 5:10 pm

Well, there seems to be an optimal number of people interested in this whole project, so I guess we might as well begin the official meting. But before we do that, I have two request for you people. The first one is not to go overboard and start RP-ing or shit. If I wanted to make such an RP, I'd actually do it in the RP forum and not make it way out here. I want some arguments and debates, followed by proof to back up ones statement. What I don't want are asterisk and shit.

Second, this is a more personal request for the Veterans. I would like you to give your opinion on each member showing interest so far in this project and decided what position they will be best placed upon, alongside a small argument if possible. After this is completed, I will see to the start of this first meeting.

Postby Keiran » Sat Oct 10, 2009 7:24 pm

I don't think I know enough to be in a position of power aka Veteran. I do hope that I am considered to be a regular instead of a fuck-up. I know I have not been here long but I will attempt to help make this forum better.

Postby Tragedy_and_Comedy » Sat Oct 10, 2009 7:31 pm

I'm sure you will darling.

Postby Acktoo » Sat Oct 10, 2009 8:41 pm

There's an easier way, guys.
Too good for you.

Postby Tragedy_and_Comedy » Sat Oct 10, 2009 8:41 pm

And what is that? You mods never check on us.

Postby Acktoo » Sat Oct 10, 2009 8:46 pm

I do. I've just been away for the past few months.
Too good for you.

Postby Tragedy_and_Comedy » Sat Oct 10, 2009 8:49 pm

Nobody else seems to. We've had two maybe three times (not inculdng this one) that a mod's stopped by. Just because the comic doesn't have any new pages doesn't mean we don't talk.

Postby Acktoo » Sat Oct 10, 2009 8:52 pm

Well, it really isn't as active a forum as the others. That being said, I'm probably the closest thing to an actual 'EverAfter Moderator' that you'll get.

I think Ali pops her head in here from time to time, but she has no real power within this particular forum.
Too good for you.

Postby Tragedy_and_Comedy » Sat Oct 10, 2009 8:53 pm

Yeah, we may not be as active but we've got PCHK, Lemon and McQuinny.

PreviousNext

Return to EverAfter