EA Artbook Suggestion Thread.

A hangout for fans of Endling's EverAfter. You aren't required to talk about the comics.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Postby PCHK » Wed May 28, 2008 10:02 pm

Yes, Endling is always interesting...but I hate those stupid little biographies in the backs of books. I think they're the stupidest things ever. They're SO boring.

So if you do that, make it interesting, or I will lose a fairly large amount of respect for you. It will keel me inshide.
TRUTHINESS

Re: EA Artbook Suggestion Thread.

Postby Zerogamer » Wed May 28, 2008 10:40 pm

I agree with RedVII. You should give all the characters Bio's along with their Pictures.

Also if this is the type of book I think it is, and I am probably wrong, I would include stickers of your art in it somewhere.

Postby sfox8 » Wed May 28, 2008 10:52 pm

PCHK wrote:Yes, Endling is always interesting...but I hate those stupid little biographies in the backs of books. I think they're the stupidest things ever. They're SO boring.

So if you do that, make it interesting, or I will lose a fairly large amount of respect for you. It will keel me inshide.

Agreed. But he could always spice it up a bit. Maybe have his Everafter characters give the biography on him. Have Red, Golidlocks or someone speaking, similar to how he had the characters hosting the awards ceremony for his contest.
My art thread
Brawl Friend Code: 4511-0132-3903

Postby Zerogamer » Wed May 28, 2008 10:56 pm

This is just from what I have seen, but Red doesn't seem like the type to be able to actively participate in any sort of social thing. Seems like she would just sort of...kill him. >.>

Postby Endling » Wed May 28, 2008 11:54 pm

Lose a large deal of respect for me for putting a brief biography of myself in the back? Like.. as is customary in most publications? And just involves a picture and some words..? How the hell is something like that worth enough loathing to kill someone inside? Why would that even bug you? That's like being bothered by an ISBN code on a book or the color red on a barber pole.

That is the weirdest sort of misplaced negativity towards something that I've heard in a long time.

Huh.

Postby Glahardt » Thu May 29, 2008 5:17 am

Biographies?
In artbooks?
Never seen 'em, never read 'em.
Even if I've seen any, I wouldn't understand, since most of my artbook collection are Japanese (I know I'm a weeaboo, shaddup.) and only one is by one specific artist, Kawamori Shoji.

Some interview-ish stuff would be good.

Postby UVERwillow » Thu May 29, 2008 7:16 am

sfox8 wrote:I'd like to see profiles of all the characters..

ya I think we all would like that. Getting to better understand the characters.I would love to know where his ideas came from for each of their look.

Postby RafaHell » Thu May 29, 2008 8:22 am

I would like more to know them through ea instead of knowing them through a bio. And Welcome UVERwillow.
Image Still rolling ...

Postby Lenaebaby » Thu May 29, 2008 8:42 am

Well, I would love to see your first sketches and character designs of everyone (Especially Hansel and Gretal). I wanna see how they looked before thier final designs like....If Hansel was the big brother and Gretal was the little one? But she was always bossing him around anyways? Or if Goldilocks was a little brat who didn't listen to anyone and that's why she met the Big Bad? Oh god! I can't stop! >.@

Postby Hyoji Bluemoon » Thu May 29, 2008 12:31 pm

I think it would be cool to see how the characters act in action sequences. I mean, how they fight, if they run for it they run for it. Red's awesome, but we had more than enough kickass from her. Let the others kickass too...

... Also, lots of Mr. Boots please.
Quote of the day:

- You're obtruding the check-in!

-Oh yeah? Well, you're obtruding my nuts!

Location: Brazil... And no! Buenos Aires is Argentina's and we certainly don't have monkeys in our beach's!!!

Postby sam4books » Thu May 29, 2008 5:21 pm

You know those "A Day In *insert place here*" documentaries? It would be great if we can have a peak on the daily lives of an average inmate. Considering they do have certain activities that don't involve staying in a cage all day. If that's the case you could show Ever After in the perspective of the staff. Maybe make up a staff member and have him/her interviewed? But that's just a suggestion, you don't have to do it. *stops yapping*
Musicmac: "Sam4Books: Always ready to cheer things up with awesome art. Terms and Conditions apply."
In passing

Postby PCHK » Thu May 29, 2008 5:28 pm

Endling wrote:Lose a large deal of respect for me for putting a brief biography of myself in the back? Like.. as is customary in most publications? And just involves a picture and some words..? How the hell is something like that worth enough loathing to kill someone inside? Why would that even bug you? That's like being bothered by an ISBN code on a book or the color red on a barber pole.

That is the weirdest sort of misplaced negativity towards something that I've heard in a long time.

Huh.

It stems from two things: First, when I see one, I'm painfully jolted back to reality and I go "oh...that's right, reality isn't interesting." Also from a grade five project where they made us write and illustrate small children's stories...and made us write those little bios. I wrote mine in first person, and the teacher got mad at me, to the point where I was on the verge of tears. Which is another deep-seeded reason for me to hate them.

That, and they're SO bland. They make creative people seem dull.
TRUTHINESS

Postby Munkiman » Thu May 29, 2008 6:43 pm

New characters, some awesome scenes, maybe teasers for stuff that's going to happen in the comic. Some cool poses of characters with hair/clothing flowing in the breeze. :)

Like Lenaebaby said, some preliminary designs of characters would be cool, sketches and such.

Ooh, and one huge full-page fight between all the characters. :P Or as many as you can fit, anyway.
Just because I'm trying to kill you doesn't mean we can't be civil.

Postby Mackzazzle » Fri May 30, 2008 2:36 pm

I have an image of Hansel and Gretel hunting down the Gingerbread man. Think I might try drawing that too...
I implore you, do not let the egg die!

Postby sfox8 » Fri May 30, 2008 4:23 pm

Glahardt wrote:Biographies?
In artbooks?
Never seen 'em, never read 'em.
Even if I've seen any, I wouldn't understand, since most of my artbook collection are Japanese (I know I'm a weeaboo, shaddup.) and only one is by one specific artist, Kawamori Shoji.

Some interview-ish stuff would be good.

Well, as he said, this is not supposed to be like your regular artbook. And once again, I'm not talking long book report biography here. I'm saying he can be creative with it. What's the harm in an artist including information about himself in his own book? I for one, would like to know a little about Shaun Healey's background.

So sue me... T_T
My art thread
Brawl Friend Code: 4511-0132-3903

Postby Dainen » Sat May 31, 2008 1:09 am

Would "Everything" work? :3

I'd like to see early sketches of the characters, even the ones you've pulled out of the main storyline (The famed Mother Goose pic i've never seen D: ), character comparisons between the early and recent images... and, is it possible to have a full map of the asylum and the grounds... heck if you can just throw in a 'LoTR' type map of the world i'd be happy ^^

Also a 10,000 word essay on your dedication to Everafter lol (kiddin)

Postby lenneal » Sat May 31, 2008 8:13 am

Dude you should draw a picture of jack and red looking like there about to fight each other i always wanted to see that, another you could do is goldi locks having a tea party and ms muffit is with her and there's a huge spider in the back ground and a giant teddy bear soul, Oh and one of tom thumb and jack waiting at a bus stop and lastly one of red,ms muffit,goldi rosie and posie and gretel in swimsuits at a beach that would look cool kinda get a way from the asylum thing for a bit lol Well that's all i got dude how you think about it. ^^

Postby DigiPhantom » Sat May 31, 2008 6:22 pm

I'd like
-Silly minigames, for the back. Like "Which character are you?" and such. Generic maybe, but if I get Red... I could feel like a badass. Even for a moment...
-First designs. Ya know.
-I wanna' see some of the Everafter chars interacting with chars from LiS, or Ree. I know it's a EA artbook, but I just wanna. I want to see Red meet Lilith, or Wrath.
-Um, "A Day in the Life of (char here)"?
I have more, I think...

Postby Freesia » Sun Jun 01, 2008 8:38 pm

How bout a chapter on each character and a chapter for all the surroundings

Postby Johnny Vill » Sun Jun 01, 2008 8:44 pm

Hey Endling, I really REALLY want to see some pictures of Tom Thumb doing the deed with Rosie and Posie. Any chance you'll put something like that in there? :fuckedup:
Well, I believe in God, and he's told me this. Things lying around were left for us to take.
Long before they were bought, just as they were made, ours to enjoy and

Not. To. Pay.

Postby PCHK » Mon Jun 02, 2008 5:55 pm

Hahah, how about a court-style short comic about why everybody is in the asylum?

"Tom Thumb: Sentenced to the asylum until deemed fit due to the horrible misfortune of having evil shoes." *Slams down the wooden gavel*
TRUTHINESS

Postby DigiPhantom » Sat Jun 07, 2008 1:14 pm

Hm, maybe you could do those High School Yearbook pages with stuff like, "Most likely to Succeed" and stuff... only with a Endling twist.

Or song imagery, I dunno about everyone else, but when I listen to certain songs I start picturing stuff from my own series. Kinda like theme songs, with huge rotating views and whatnot. Maybe you could sketch out some of yours...?

Well, that's my two cents.

Postby rossfellow » Sat Jun 07, 2008 3:00 pm

That's actually a good idea!

A full "yearbook" gallery on EA's inmates!

Postby FallenAngel17 » Thu Jun 12, 2008 8:36 pm

ooooo i really like the SDL pic of red YAY RED XD
ImageImage

Postby Rushira » Fri Jun 13, 2008 5:15 pm

i think you should put a before and after, you know, how the character looked before you made the finishing outcome, those are fun.
"I'm glad we had this talk, now shut the hell up."

PreviousNext

Return to EverAfter