EA Artbook Suggestion Thread.

A hangout for fans of Endling's EverAfter. You aren't required to talk about the comics.

Moderator: Mod Squad

EA Artbook Suggestion Thread.

Postby Endling » Wed May 28, 2008 9:45 am

Hey folks. :3

Dunno how many of you saw the information/poll about me doing an artbook. There mighta been a thread on it but I didn't check or just don't remember. I'm old and senile and crusty.

But beside that.

I've got a general idea of what I'd like to do with an Everafter art book, to make it more than just a bunch of portraits and such. In fact I'm thinking of quite a bit more than that, sort of like a bonus DVD that would come with an original movie or somesuch. Tons of features and such, that's what I want to aim for.

But, I'd be remiss not asking the people who frequent these boards what they would like to see in an EA artbook. Any specific sorts of focuses, information, features, whatnot and what have you. Just basically an open thread to toss ideas around in.

I'd like to check back in now and then and look over what you'd like to see, so if you ever get some free time or having a passing thought about it, lemme hear it.

Take it easy folks.

Postby Arcade » Wed May 28, 2008 10:26 am

For me, I'd like to see more of the asylum, it's surroundings, and it's inner layout (hallways, detention cells, etc...).
Ever since Endzone, I've been trying to make a map in my head on where is where, particularly in most of Climber's battles.

Another thing I'd like to see would be some "Seven Sins" artwork. I know it's not a part of EA per se..
but I definitely would love to see some profile shots Lust and Wrath.. if you don't mind that is :D

Postby Glahardt » Wed May 28, 2008 10:39 am

Early character/location concept, character/location creation process, comments on own works, on what you like, dislike about that one character and whatnot, discussions about the creative process; and also, complete illustrations. Some extra explanation on the characters' background would be nice. And a "family protrait" of sorts. One of the asylum staff and one of the inmates.
The usual stuff that's in art books.

An extra DVD sounds nice, but I really don't know what to put in, except probably exclusive wallpapers (Like what's in those Collectors' Edition extra DVDs lulz).

Postby Endling » Wed May 28, 2008 10:46 am

Glahardt wrote:An extra DVD sounds nice, but I really don't know what to put in, except probably exclusive wallpapers (Like what's in those Collectors' Edition extra DVDs lulz).

No no, I didn't mean an actual DVD. I meant I was comparing the artbook TO the bonus DVD you get with the original. Original movie = Everafter comic, bonus DVD = artbook.

XD

Postby Fummo » Wed May 28, 2008 10:59 am

Put lots of Red in it and make it like chapters of a book. Chapters with an intro and stretches and what not

Re: EA Artbook Suggestion Thread.

Postby rossfellow » Wed May 28, 2008 11:13 am

I'd like to see a compilation of the league duels (Endzone, BITS, SDL), showcasing just how gorgeous your fight scenes are.

I wish manga had this kinda quality.

Postby Fummo » Wed May 28, 2008 11:15 am

Yeah that would rock. Specially the finalists

Postby Endling » Wed May 28, 2008 11:38 am

rossfellow wrote:I'd like to see a compilation of the league duels (Endzone, BITS, SDL), showcasing just how gorgeous your fight scenes are.

I wish manga had this kinda quality.

Erm. Well. I wouldn't mind including sequentials, but if they don't have anything to do with Everafter it doesn't really have a place in an EA artbook. I didn't participate in Endzone, I only did the in-between scene with Crooked and such. And Red's SDL form never got shown to the general public, sooo.

But, it's something to think about for a differently themed artbook in the future. Right now though I'm just focusing on an EA one.

(Glad you like the fight scenes though. Never been too happy with most of them after looking back.)

Postby rossfellow » Wed May 28, 2008 12:05 pm

Endling wrote:Erm. Well. I wouldn't mind including sequentials, but if they don't have anything to do with Everafter it doesn't really have a place in an EA artbook. I didn't participate in Endzone, I only did the in-between scene with Crooked and such. And Red's SDL form never got shown to the general public, sooo.

But, it's something to think about for a differently themed artbook in the future. Right now though I'm just focusing on an EA one.

(Glad you like the fight scenes though. Never been too happy with most of them after looking back.)

I actually meant the Rumble in the Summer (which I mispelled as BITS), as its my current favorite.

Wait. Are my glasses foggy, or...

Endling wrote:Red's SDL form

*Coughs out a canful of soda*

Postby Endling » Wed May 28, 2008 12:32 pm

Well yeah, but even then, Rumble in the Summer starred Ree. Still not EA themed.

As for a certain red capped force of destruction in feudal times, well:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v652/ ... edcopy.jpg

Postby Fummo » Wed May 28, 2008 12:34 pm

Holy shit..I suggest lots of Red XD

Oh and make that like the intro page to Red's chapter..if you make it like a book

Postby Naddle » Wed May 28, 2008 1:05 pm

HAH! Sweet. SDL Ree = Total butt kicking action. xD

As for the Artbook, I'd really like to see backgrounds as well, but that traditionally comes with an artbook.
Deleted scenes wouldn't really work considering that we haven't see all of the story yet.

Storyboards would be awesome.
When a ninja kills you, you never see him coming. Pirates, on the other hand, say "Arrr!", alerting you to their presence. Then they kill you anyway.

Postby rossfellow » Wed May 28, 2008 1:06 pm

Artbooks dont really have to be so series based. You can plug in a few pages of non-EA related work, same way Diamondcomics publishes their artbooks. Yeah, I was a bigtime Renga / Kawarajima Koh fan. (Both illustrators for games/ anime)

After all, we're not just into EA. We're into Endworks. This is why your forum is packed even when you post non-EA related stuff. I dont really want to wait another time to see both Ree and Red in my library.

P.S.
It's true. Violence sells. I guess this is why Goldi has yet to yield loyal fans.

Postby Endling » Wed May 28, 2008 1:24 pm

... XD Perhaps I didn't make it clear enough. I'm well aware artbooks don't have to be series based, but this one is.

That's the whole reason why I was bringing it up in the forum, made a poll about which series people would like to be made into an artbook, etc etc.

People who refused to choose already suggested doing a bunch rolled up into one but I've long since decided not to do that for the sake of organization and the overall theme/look.

Postby rossfellow » Wed May 28, 2008 1:41 pm

I'd also like to see more illustrative versions of the backgrounds to showcase EA's world. Menial stuff like Red's (grandma's) house, the asylum, exterior and rooms and all, etc.

That's one easy way to avoid the toounit artbook syndrome. :P

Sometimes its kind of sad that there arent enough of your fans who are artists that can clump up to make an EA fanbook. Even if there are, no budget between them >.>

Postby Endling » Wed May 28, 2008 1:49 pm

What would the toounit artbook syndrome be? Never seen one of his.

Postby rossfellow » Wed May 28, 2008 2:04 pm

Toounit artbook syndrome: All pages are pinups of characters in randomly generated bizarre poses and composition. Rarely a unifying theme. It's not a bad thing for an artist artbook, but obviously not the case for a series artbook.

Here I go again, bashing an artist I like. Dont you worry your head about the usage of the term, it doesnt really exist. XD

Postby angelwing91 » Wed May 28, 2008 4:29 pm

Ummm... I really liked your picture with Rosie and Posie with the medical report in the background. More of those would be awesome. I also think Miss Muffet needs some love. >.< But angles of the costumes, original sketches, the works. *Needs angles for cosplay >.>*

And I would love to see some of your gorgeous renderings. New ones would be very awesome, but please have the pretty colored pictures.

Yeah, I'm gonna be one of the people jumping up and down like a weiner dog waiting for this release.
"So that guy Tex is really a robot, and you're his boyfriend. So that makes you... a gay robot." -Caboose

Postby PCHK » Wed May 28, 2008 6:15 pm

I say two things:

For seeing more of the E.A asylum, maybe do like...a tour guide sort of little comic strip? Have some random person (like Pinnoch) or something tour people 'round the asylum and explain the rooms...that would be more exciting than just putting in pictures.

Also, E.A tiny Tots. I would love to see nothing more than all the inmates as babies (either in their natural environments or in the asylum, I dun't care) interacting with each other or something. Wouldn't that just be funny? Little Tom trying to run away from his own feet, little Grettle/Hansel gnawing on the walls, with a younger Crooked or Cricket or both trying to take care of them all...Wouldn't it be deliciously adorably horrible?
TRUTHINESS

Postby neelhtak » Wed May 28, 2008 6:50 pm

tom thumb lots of him. Could you also put a bit of info about him too

Postby sfox8 » Wed May 28, 2008 7:54 pm

I'd like to see profiles of all the characters. It's similar to the Dofus artbook. They have a section dedicated to each main character with information on them and concept sketches and doodle pictures as well as official art. That would be awesome. I also suggested this on your first journal about the artbook: Maybe have a section at the end for some fan art (obviously you can't include everyone's pictures but something like that). Maybe some in depth tutorials (I'd really like to see how you do a full comic page from beginning to end).
My art thread
Brawl Friend Code: 4511-0132-3903

Postby Ojike » Wed May 28, 2008 8:20 pm

Seeing some of the old designs might be fun.

ALSO OCNESS! Like that one picture a loooong time ago of Red cooking Dumpty.

Complete Character profiles would also be quite awesome. :0

Postby RedVIIFFX » Wed May 28, 2008 9:20 pm

I'd like to see two things. The first would be full page character profiles for each main character similar to what you did for other characters of yours such as Oliver. For lesser characters that are sill important maybe you could make mini profiles that are like 3 characters to a page. The other thing I'd really like to see is some sort of character relationship map. I don't know how much this would work with everafter so far because I haven't seen a lot of relationships formed between characters yet, but I love character relationship maps. If you don't know what I'm talking about, think of something like this http://www.final-fantasy-12.com/images/ ... p_grid.jpg
but with little pictures of the head of each character in their square rather than just their name. (I hope that link works.) Well that's just what I'd like to see. In any case I'm sure your artbook will be wonderful and I look forward to buying it.

Postby sugardropped » Wed May 28, 2008 9:43 pm

I'd mostly like a description of how you think about characters and designs for other objects/accessories.

Maybe some odd character pairings too. xD (Oliver+Goldilocks!!!) Sorry if that's not what you like. I just figure it would be interesting..., two favorite characters. <3

Ooo! And at the end there should be a self-portrait of yourself in the Everafter style, maybe with the other main characters around! You could kick butt with Red!

Sorry if I'm too random and no help at all. T^T'

Postby sfox8 » Wed May 28, 2008 9:58 pm

sugardropped wrote:Ooo! And at the end there should be a self-portrait of yourself in the Everafter style...

I like this idea, only I have a bit of a different take on it. Sort of how authors always have the biography of their life in the back along with their picture, you could have a picture of yourself in the Everafter style at the end and just dedicate a page or so to yourself.
My art thread
Brawl Friend Code: 4511-0132-3903

Next

Return to EverAfter