End the Female

A hangout for fans of Endling's EverAfter. You aren't required to talk about the comics.

Moderator: Mod Squad

End the Female

Postby Naddle » Thu Apr 17, 2008 8:25 pm

[link]
And here we thought he wasn't insane.
When a ninja kills you, you never see him coming. Pirates, on the other hand, say "Arrr!", alerting you to their presence. Then they kill you anyway.

Postby Glahardt » Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:19 pm

That was made of epic win.
Always a fan of these cracky stuff.

Postby Dainen » Fri Apr 18, 2008 1:51 am

I thought he was always insane :D Hence the birth of Everafter, Ree, 7 Sins and all that jazz

Postby Sairus » Fri Apr 18, 2008 10:01 am

I thought he just used Hiromu Arakawa's idea for the Sins?

EDIT: Yes, I was being sarcastic.

But man, I laughed quite severely at that fememe. Pretty much every panel induced a lol of some sort.
Last edited by Sairus on Sat Apr 19, 2008 4:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
"You get a stick and you beat someone with it, that's how you live." -Enola Kebor

Postby Naddle » Fri Apr 18, 2008 1:49 pm

Sairus wrote:I thought he just used Hiromu Arakawa's idea for the Sins?
But man, I laughed quite severely at that fememe. Pretty much every panel induced a lol of some sort.

*winces*
Very, very wrong about the sins. He get's really mad when you say that. In all honesty, the idea about the sins is a very old theme. He most DEFINITELY did not get it from Full Metal Alchemist. I'm not 100 % sure where it's from, but not from Hiromu Arakawa.
When a ninja kills you, you never see him coming. Pirates, on the other hand, say "Arrr!", alerting you to their presence. Then they kill you anyway.

Re: End the Female

Postby Acktoo » Fri Apr 18, 2008 2:13 pm

I think he meant it as a joke.

But yeah, totally nuts. Cracked me up.
Too good for you.

Postby Sairus » Fri Apr 18, 2008 2:22 pm

heh, yes, Sai is well aware of the ye olde Christian roots of the Sins and Virtues, but he is also well aware of how much End and his fans hate those ignorant Full Metalers~ XD
"You get a stick and you beat someone with it, that's how you live." -Enola Kebor

Postby Imenak » Fri Apr 18, 2008 2:32 pm

Naddle wrote:

*winces*
Very, very wrong about the sins. He get's really mad when you say that. In all honesty, the idea about the sins is a very old theme. He most DEFINITELY did not get it from Full Metal Alchemist. I'm not 100 % sure where it's from, but not from Hiromu Arakawa.

It's from the original concept of the Seven Sins from the Christian faith itself. Full Metal Alchemist was neither the first, nor the only series to use incarnations of the sins... so why do people keep equating them to that? Honestly, it's kind of starting to annoy me too, and I'm an ardent fan of FMA.

Hmmm... I think seeing incarnations of the Seven Virtues would be interesting, although "Living in Virtue" hardly sounds as cool. XD
"A pistol is a tool to save people. It's not a weapon for murder." "Then save me by killing them!" "That's kinda contradictory..."
My Characters' Endings

Postby Sairus » Fri Apr 18, 2008 2:40 pm

I've been mulling over the Virtues since I made that original post and it's really put me in the mood to do some renditions of them! Very underused they are.
(And on a related note, I'm a big FMA fan too and I was shocked to find out some fans actually thought the Sins came from it in the first place XD Oh those silly heads~)

Also, at the risk of straying back on topic... I can't stop looking at End in section two of the Fememe... it's so... odd...

Postby Silver seren » Fri Apr 18, 2008 7:17 pm

:snoogins: Don't say that in any place that he can hear you, lest you tempt his fiery wrath. He had quite a spiel about that a while back...really...angry...yelling and such...

Yes....be careful what you say. The Sins are a completely original idea from him.

Anyhow...about this craziness that is this...thing. I believe that all of us are insane for reading past the first two panels. Any sensible person would have stopped at that point, gasped in abject horror, and hit the close screen key.

But we didn't...so clearly, we somehow like this deranged piece of loonyville.

That scares me...

Postby MDK » Fri Apr 18, 2008 8:02 pm

Irs rule 69 of the internet.
Get over it.
"When I grew up, I put away childish things, including the desire to appear grown up."
ImageImageImageORIGINULCHARCTOR DO NOT STEEL!

Postby Naddle » Sat Apr 19, 2008 10:08 am

From panel one I knew something was off... > _ >

Postby Mellow » Sat Apr 19, 2008 10:32 am

I didn't know Endling had a girl friend/wife/best friend with benefits. I just joined a year ago, and I only started paying attention his journal a few months ago.

Well, Endling's expressions on each panel.....really creeped me out. I could feel the estrogen flowing out of my computer screen. I felt like some gay was trying to molest me through my computer. That's how disturbing this was for me. It was funny.

Postby Tornado Wolf » Wed Apr 30, 2008 11:12 am

Anthropomorphizing the Seven Virtues seems a little tricky. Not the cardinal Virtues so much, but definitely the three Spiritual Virtues of Faith, Hope, and Kindness (Charity, Love).

Faith gives rise to Hope gives rise to Charity. There's no Charity without Hope, and no Hope without Faith.

That's not to say that the idea is only faithful Christians have hope. The idea is that people put their faith in various things, and this gives them hope. When that faith is proven justified, hope grows and acts of selfless kindness become easier. When that faith is proven false, hope dies and acts of kindness become harder.

As an example: When one has Faith that they are going to live forever in paradise, that wellspring of Hope allows them to make the ultimate selfless act of Charity -- laying down their life for someone else.

Separating the three "Spiritual" Virtues into three distinct people seems like dissection to me. You end up with multiple parts, not a living whole.

Even the Holy Trinity is three-persons-as-one in God. The Father gives rise to the Son, the Father and Son give rise to the Spirit. Distinct yet whole.

Besides which, a personality based on Faith would be Hopeful and Charitable. The person couldn't be the incarnation of Faith and avoid being those things as well. This causes overlap and stepping on toes.

...If forced to personify the Spiritual Virtues, I'd make the Triune God in microcosm. A single being with three "jobs." Perhaps three different personalities for each job, but I don't know if that would work. But if three different personalities, perhaps also the ability to split apart into two or more bodies.

Faith would be past-oriented, because Faith remembers the truth and its promises. Hope would be future-oriented, because Hope looks forward to possibilities and the fulfillment of promises. Charity would be present-oriented, concerned with helping people in the here and now, to inspire them to Faith, let them know of the promises, and to work towards making those promises come true.

As I said, separating Faith from the other two is impossible. A person who sat around remembering past truths and promises, but not looking to the future or commiting present acts of kindness, would be worthless. Faith without Acts is pointless and can’t really be called Faith. Likewise, Acts without Faith are directionless and fruitless, so separating Charity from Faith and Hope is cutting it off at the knees.

The Seven Vices may stand alone and quarrel, but the Three Spiritual Virtues are inseparable team players by nature.

As for the four cardinal virtues, I wonder if those aren't just another form of the Four Humors or Temperaments. If not, they're probably somewhat related.

This bears investigation.
Good judgment comes from experience.
Experience comes from bad judgment.
-Unattributed Native American Proverb

Postby PCHK » Wed Apr 30, 2008 5:46 pm

I just like the panel where his feminine self is with his parents, and you can see normal End in the background, stuck out in the cold...

*Shiiiivvvveeerrr*.
TRUTHINESS

Postby sfox8 » Wed Apr 30, 2008 8:22 pm

Yup the 7 Deadly Sins originated through Christianity, not FMA hehe. You can find lots of pictures with them as a theme on DA. In fact, one of the most popular pictures on DA is one of the 7 Deadly Sins.
My art thread
Brawl Friend Code: 4511-0132-3903

Postby rossfellow » Thu May 01, 2008 3:07 pm

sfox8 wrote:Yup the 7 Deadly Sins originated through Christianity, not FMA hehe. You can find lots of pictures with them as a theme on DA. In fact, one of the most popular pictures on DA is one of the 7 Deadly Sins.

Yeah, the paint prints with both photorealistic and anime versions of sins. I loved those.

Postby sfox8 » Thu May 01, 2008 5:29 pm

rossfellow wrote:
sfox8 wrote:Yup the 7 Deadly Sins originated through Christianity, not FMA hehe. You can find lots of pictures with them as a theme on DA. In fact, one of the most popular pictures on DA is one of the 7 Deadly Sins.

Yeah, the paint prints with both photorealistic and anime versions of sins. I loved those.

Yeah they're amazing. Whenever I think of the 7 Deadly Sins those are the first images that come to mind.
My art thread
Brawl Friend Code: 4511-0132-3903

Postby PCHK » Thu May 01, 2008 6:32 pm

Whenever I think of the seven deadly sins, I think of being boiled alive in oil for some reason. Then I think of purgatory, and then climbing a mountain.

....Then a restaurant with Benjamin Franklin and Beeman...

I just suddenly became worried about what would happen if Endling ever DID show up in that night-gown-thingy.
TRUTHINESS

Postby FallenAngel17 » Thu Jun 12, 2008 8:46 pm

I love endling in the 7th panel XD IM A PRETTY GIRL!!!!
ImageImage

Postby Aszhasal » Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:39 am

Old topic is old.
Bleedman's message to his fans:
Get a life.

Postby Nox » Fri Jun 13, 2008 2:12 am

Damn Necros!!! >.<

but yeah, sure.. lawl'd

Postby Jingle Males » Sun Jun 15, 2008 1:12 pm

That was so el oh el.
LEMON JELLY LEMON JELLY LEMON JELLY LEMON JELLY
fool my bullets are made of suns

Postby Larxene » Tue Aug 19, 2008 4:55 pm

My brain just died, but at least it died happy.
I'm going to go add that to my favorites now.

Postby KuroKun » Wed Aug 20, 2008 5:21 pm

I- I think my eyes just imploded...

Maybe if I- No they just blow up more painfully. w00t

Return to EverAfter