Voice actors and seyuus for the Ever after

A hangout for fans of Endling's EverAfter. You aren't required to talk about the comics.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Voice actors and seyuus for the Ever after

Postby Hikari » Sun Sep 16, 2007 6:31 am

Hi-Hi! Welcome to another yet unexplored (I think) topic! I dare say the topic title explains pretty well the question. Which voice actors and seyuus remember you of the ever after characters?

I'll start:
Goldilocks- Mai Nakahara (forgot to mention, please if you can demonstrate how they remember you with a youtube video, do so)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=1JIWlUxKmQI (Has gore and child bad treatment)- Her voice for when she's normal and psycho;

And if you want to hear her traumatized, scared, calm voice, you'll have to see the series (The bus stop part where she talks to Shion about Oyashiro-sama is a higly recommended situation for her calm scared voice)

Re: Voice actors and seyuus for the Ever after

Postby Hyoji Bluemoon » Sun Sep 16, 2007 11:37 am

The voice really fits, also I'm pretty freaked out right now.

Now, I guess a lot would say the best voice to Dr.Crooked would be Vexen's voice: http://youtube.com/watch?v=8Bcusjv-WT0
That's like, the standart mad cientist voice!

It just needs to be slightly high-pitched.
Quote of the day:

- You're obtruding the check-in!

-Oh yeah? Well, you're obtruding my nuts!

Location: Brazil... And no! Buenos Aires is Argentina's and we certainly don't have monkeys in our beach's!!!

Postby Scripture » Sun Sep 16, 2007 1:47 pm

Joji Nakata - Big Bad Wolf
Hideyuki Tanaka - Humpty
Norio Wakamoto - Jack

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5rCXUIkEo4

Joji is Alucard (Guy in big red-coat with breathy, 'scary' voice) , Tanaka is Enrico (guy with silver hair) and Norio is Anderson (Priest with huge sword/knives/bayonets/pie-cutters)
Activate SHONEN RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGE!!!!!!!

Postby Naddle » Sun Sep 16, 2007 2:05 pm

Um..wow..I'm officially scared out of my head. But yes, that was the perfect Goldi voice.

Hyoji Bluemoon wrote:Now, I guess a lot would say the best voice to Dr.Crooked would be Vexen's voice: http://youtube.com/watch?v=8Bcusjv-WT0
That's like, the standart mad cientist voice!

I don't really think so. I'm not going to look for a seyuu, but I would think it to be more like..high pitched and creepy. I don't have an example..but it would be really high and kinda breathy. While all at the same time cracking in just the right way..
Hard to explain.

Scripture wrote:Joji Nakata - Big Bad Wolf
Hideyuki Tanaka - Humpty
Norio Wakamoto - Jack

Joji is Alucard (Guy in big red-coat with breathy, 'scary' voice) , Tanaka is Enrico (guy with silver hair) and Norio is Anderson (Priest with huge sword/knives/bayonets/pie-cutters)

I think The big bad wolf's voice would be deeper. And Jack would have more of a kidish voice, being he's still a child, even though he's a very frightening child.
But Humpty hit the nail on the head.
When a ninja kills you, you never see him coming. Pirates, on the other hand, say "Arrr!", alerting you to their presence. Then they kill you anyway.

Postby Scripture » Sun Sep 16, 2007 2:10 pm

Naddle wrote:
Scripture wrote:Joji Nakata - Big Bad Wolf
Hideyuki Tanaka - Humpty
Norio Wakamoto - Jack

I think The big bad wolf's voice would be deeper. And Jack would have more of a kidish voice, being he's still a child, even though he's a very frightening child.
But Humpty hit the nail on the head.

Joji can go deeper , I just picked the scene for the other characters and gave him as an afterthought, give me afew minutes and i'll find a vid....

EDIT : Can't find a good Joji , however Hōchū Ōtsuka might just be our Boots

wARNING : Lotsa fucking gore !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cu2ZtN4hYB0

(Otsuka is the guy in the brown suit)
Activate SHONEN RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGE!!!!!!!

Postby Knight » Sun Sep 16, 2007 3:46 pm

Wow. Your talking about voice actors from anime? I was thinking of English speaking, since I don't understand Japanese.

Location: I don't know. But the real question is, do you like fishsticks?

Postby Hikari » Sun Sep 16, 2007 5:25 pm

No, No!!! I meant voice actors in general! This is, if all could speak english XD

Any nationality counts, american, portuguese, japanese, anything! But I do say that japanese voice actors are easier to think of. Yukari Tamura reminds me of Red Riding hood:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5laoLW7 ... ed&search=

It's Rika's voice (Yukari's)
Spoiler

She's a kid from a cursed village who is always killed in june of some year (The time of the Watanagashi festival) And she has a ghost relative of her same age who created a perpetual june year and such to save her, and this repeated June such and such will only end when she and all her friends survive the curse, which says someone will die and another person will disappear each year during the time of Watanagashi (The festival shares the name of a torture and execution which consists on pulling the victims insides out while still alive). This curse started with a dam construction which would destroy the village, and supposedly angered the god Oyashiro. So the explanation for her voice to be so tired and old looking is because she's a child with one hundred years. She's about 8 but she's been living for 100 years.

Spoiler

There you have it. If the voice needed any changes, She (Yukarin-chan) would do it, cause her voice ranges from a 6 year old's to a 30 year old's. She's the woman of a thousand voices.

Postby Naddle » Sun Sep 16, 2007 9:47 pm

Hikari wrote:No, No!!! I meant voice actors in general! This is, if all could speak english XD

Any nationality counts, american, portuguese, japanese, anything! But I do say that japanese voice actors are easier to think of. Yukari Tamura reminds me of Red Riding hood:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5laoLW7 ... ed&search=

It's Rika's voice (Yukari's)
Spoiler

She's a kid from a cursed village who is always killed in june of some year (The time of the Watanagashi festival) And she has a ghost relative of her same age who created a perpetual june year and such to save her, and this repeated June such and such will only end when she and all her friends survive the curse, which says someone will die and another person will disappear each year during the time of Watanagashi (The festival shares the name of a torture and execution which consists on pulling the victims insides out while still alive). This curse started with a dam construction which would destroy the village, and supposedly angered the god Oyashiro. So the explanation for her voice to be so tired and old looking is because she's a child with one hundred years. She's about 8 but she's been living for 100 years.

Spoiler

There you have it. If the voice needed any changes, She (Yukarin-chan) would do it, cause her voice ranges from a 6 year old's to a 30 year old's. She's the woman of a thousand voices.

Yeah, I can see that.
Isn't she a very popular choice for narration or something?
*is still trying to remember the character that has a voice perfect for Crooked*
When a ninja kills you, you never see him coming. Pirates, on the other hand, say "Arrr!", alerting you to their presence. Then they kill you anyway.

Postby Imenak » Sun Sep 16, 2007 10:03 pm

Naddle wrote:I don't really think so. I'm not going to look for a seyuu, but I would think it to be more like..high pitched and creepy. I don't have an example..but it would be really high and kinda breathy. While all at the same time cracking in just the right way..
Hard to explain.

Perhaps like Tetsu Shiratori? : The voice of Lloyd. Except he'd probably need to sound older. OR, I'd personally go for Nachi Nozawa: More examples! I think it'd fit with Crooked so well.

And to depart from seiyū, I think Professor Cricket could be voiced by Morgan Freeman. No particular reason though. Morgan Freeman's just the man, and Cricket looks the age. 8D
"A pistol is a tool to save people. It's not a weapon for murder." "Then save me by killing them!" "That's kinda contradictory..."
My Characters' Endings

Postby Hyoji Bluemoon » Mon Sep 17, 2007 1:57 pm

But I think Nozawa is the guy who gave Vexen his voice! Compare the two and you'll see.
Quote of the day:

- You're obtruding the check-in!

-Oh yeah? Well, you're obtruding my nuts!

Location: Brazil... And no! Buenos Aires is Argentina's and we certainly don't have monkeys in our beach's!!!

Postby Naddle » Mon Sep 17, 2007 2:44 pm

Imenak wrote:
Naddle wrote:I don't really think so. I'm not going to look for a seyuu, but I would think it to be more like..high pitched and creepy. I don't have an example..but it would be really high and kinda breathy. While all at the same time cracking in just the right way..
Hard to explain.

Perhaps like Tetsu Shiratori? : The voice of Lloyd. Except he'd probably need to sound older. OR, I'd personally go for Nachi Nozawa: More examples! I think it'd fit with Crooked so well.

And to depart from seiyū, I think Professor Cricket could be voiced by Morgan Freeman. No particular reason though. Morgan Freeman's just the man, and Cricket looks the age. 8D

The first one sounds perfect, IMO.

Postby Imenak » Mon Sep 17, 2007 2:45 pm

Hyoji Bluemoon wrote:But I think Nozawa is the guy who gave Vexen his voice! Compare the two and you'll see.

Hmmm... actually you're right! I even looked it up to make sure xD. Yeah, Nozawa would fit very well as Crooked. It's funny how he has a penchant for playing the intelligent characters (he voices Vexen the scientist, Zephyr the wizard, and Hojo, another scientist). Love that guy's voice.
"A pistol is a tool to save people. It's not a weapon for murder." "Then save me by killing them!" "That's kinda contradictory..."
My Characters' Endings

Postby Hikari » Mon Sep 17, 2007 3:17 pm

Good to see my brothers and sisters didn't reject this topic like most of the other ones I created. ^_^ Good to see you are interested...made up my day. My friend's girlfriend died today...20 redbulls...

Postby Black Scythe Of Bodom » Sat Sep 29, 2007 10:19 am

Imenak wrote:And to depart from seiyū, I think Professor Cricket could be voiced by Morgan Freeman. No particular reason though. Morgan Freeman's just the man, and Cricket looks the age. 8D

No. Anthony Hopkins. No pun intended.

Although I do agree Morgan Freeman rules, Hopkins is a far beter voice candidate for Dr. Cricket... at leas maybe Hopkins talking through a fan or something, for a more insect-like timbre....
I desire only to help others shed the itchy wet skin of life.
-------------
"I'll bet that key opens up big gates of molten lava, unleashing demons from a box of oat bran, on the shelf of a mutant truckstop!" -Ed, the wise.

Postby Nox » Sat Sep 29, 2007 10:54 pm

I always had this in my head...

Red = Tara Strong
Goldi = Olivia Hack (but more subtle)
BigBad = *Voice of SC-Archon*

Dr. Cricket = Tony Jay
Dr. Crooked = *Voice of BR-Teppo*
Humpty Dumpty = David Ogden Stiers

..Im not sure about the others though,
I have the voices in my head but I cant make them out.

Postby Winged Kenshi » Mon Nov 05, 2007 8:33 pm

ok since we're doing all voice actors, Vic Mignona for Pinocchio, and Collen Clinkenbeard for Red. Maybe Chris Sabat for Big Bad
Squirrels fighting in the tree tops keeps me entertained for hours!

Courage is being scared to death - but saddling up anyway.
-John Wayne

Postby Chaplin » Mon Nov 05, 2007 8:55 pm

Big Bad Wolf-Paul St. Peter
Red-Jessie Flower
Hansel-Luci Christian
Gretel-Kari Wahlgen
Jack-Dante Basco
Rosie & Posie-Tara Strong

That's I've got so far. A bit of my favs from CN and Nick.

Postby Naddle » Tue Nov 06, 2007 2:21 pm

Chaplin wrote:Big Bad Wolf-Paul St. Peter
Red-Jessie Flower
Hansel-Luci Christian
Gretel-Kari Wahlgen
Jack-Dante Basco

I agree entirely, especially red

Postby PCHK » Tue Nov 06, 2007 7:28 pm

I can almost never remember actual names of actors (all actors, not just voice actors) so I'll have to relate them via other characters...

Puss 'n' Boots: Michael Rosenbaum (that one, I remember, but cannot spell)
Red: Gaz from Invader Zim
Tom: Francis from Malcolm in the Middle
Pinnochio: Renton Thirston from Eureka Seven
The Piggy: Jerry Seinfeld (why? I have no idea.)
Dr. Cricket: Darth Vader

Annnnd that's all I got.
TRUTHINESS

Postby Chaplin » Fri Nov 09, 2007 9:38 pm

I think we should have a cameo appearance by Michael Clarke Duncan as the Solider with the Model 12-81 Compensator Gatling Gun from Page 9.

Postby DigiPhantom » Sat Nov 10, 2007 4:00 pm

Chaplin wrote:Big Bad Wolf-Paul St. Peter
Red-Jessie Flower
Hansel-Luci Christian
Gretel-Kari Wahlgen
Jack-Dante Basco

I also agree, but I only know Jessie Flower, Dante Basco, and Tara Strong. Can you tell me who the others are, or play?

Postby Chaplin » Sat Nov 10, 2007 5:37 pm

Paul St. Peter played Cherubimon in Digimon and the Kyuubi in Naruto.
Luci Christian played Wrath in Fullmetal Alchemist.
Kari Wahlgren played Anemone in Eureka Seven and Haruhara Haruko in Fooly Cooly.

Postby Chaplin » Sat Nov 24, 2007 12:15 am

Echo.Echo..Echo...

Postby Chaplin » Sat Mar 01, 2008 11:14 pm

*yawn*

Postby RafaHell » Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:06 am

Why the yawn thing after 4 months?
Image Still rolling ...

Next

Return to EverAfter