Hamelin

A hangout for fans of Endling's EverAfter. You aren't required to talk about the comics.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Hamelin

Postby Hikari » Fri Dec 01, 2006 9:05 pm

Dunno if Ishould pu this here or not,it's my try on doing a character for ever after.... it's just a preview, I'll show the finished later...

Edit: PS:: Sorry for the girlish touch:

History:Hamelin works for the asylum, he's one of the only guards who can bring the in mates in without even getting a scratch, due to his hipnotizing Pipe....It is said that his flute his made of troll bones and it is enchanted with fairy dust. His favorite sentence is "Music calms even the wildest beast".

what you think? R&R (review and rate)

Postby DarkCrystal65 » Fri Dec 01, 2006 10:52 pm

I think this should be post in the art forum. Even though it has to do with everafter it's still a picture and pictures should be in the art forum. just label it as a fan art or something so people know.
The Darkness in our Hearts....
Improving myself in every picture but I need critics so please comment.

My Art Thread

Re: Hamelin

Postby Hikari » Fri Dec 01, 2006 10:54 pm

Ok...thanks for the tip....

Postby Mr. Mono » Fri Dec 01, 2006 10:54 pm

Im not seeeing him fitting into the EA assylum security, but thats just me.
Hmm...
Ok, lets start with the story:

Hamelin works for the asylum, he's one of the only guards who can bring the in mates in without even getting a scratch, due to his hipnotizing Pipe

Im quite sure that the guards are reserved for the outbreak of the most dangerous inmates (AKA: Red) so im placing this guy alongside the "compensator gatling gun" guy and LT. Borsley (special/named guards, therefore getting more panels/lifespan) that apeared in the prolouge.

That he can survive that long thanks to his jigglipuff pipe sounds like it fits the EA world, though im sure the other guards will need to use very good earphones.

The costume is nice, though I would recomend making it look more like one of the guards (hes a guard after all, right?).

Try making him a bit stronger or older and try making the start and end of the elbows and wrists a little more noticeable.

Try giving him less of a girly look, the other guards will probably tease him for his long hair.

Postby Hikari » Fri Dec 01, 2006 10:57 pm

1. He isn't reallya guard, he's more like the one who brings people to the asylum, he's the one who picked up red....

2. Ilike his age,he's supposed to be young and skinny

3.thankx or the drawing tips....

PS: I'm gonna outline this on photoshop later, so don't worry about the ebows....

on top of that, are you insulting my previous hair style?!

Postby Mr. Mono » Fri Dec 01, 2006 11:04 pm

1. WHOA! Wait wait wait! I wouldnt recomend saying that, for all we know the one who could have picked red could be a raving blue money robot or Mr. Boots himself. If End reveals the scene where Red was captured, then wed have a problem here.

And now that I remember theres one more tip: For the final version, try to make the lines as clear as possible (Pen tool if Photoshop is my current favorite) and add some color and shading to it.

Postby DarkCrystal65 » Fri Dec 01, 2006 11:06 pm

Oh yea critic time!!(forgot last time heh)

The picture looks young but how does he really even get the inmates?

try working on the hands and finger because they look backwards. pinky finger is smaller and the middle is biggest so try to make them look longer and shorter.

The armor looks good but try to show more of his shape since armor wraps around the body and don't cover the shape of it. guys usually have large chest and board shoulders even in children (just less noticeable)

The farther away eye should look smaller then the closer one and if he's looking on the side the width of it should also be less.

Anyway that's all for now hopefully you can absorb all of it ;D

My Art Thread

Postby Hikari » Fri Dec 01, 2006 11:07 pm

It's what I'm gona do when I had the down part...What do youlike best? Baggy or sticked to the legs, pants or shorts? Oh yeah, don't forget that this is just a sketche! If endling had him to the story he can modify what he wants!

Postby DarkCrystal65 » Fri Dec 01, 2006 11:44 pm

it's your drawing you should decide even though I don't think shorts would work on him very well for many reasons.

My Art Thread

Postby Hikari » Sat Dec 02, 2006 8:19 am

yep, shorts don't work with what I'm planning...Well now you'll have to wait....

Return to EverAfter