Love is a Fallacy

A hangout for fans of Endling's EverAfter. You aren't required to talk about the comics.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Love is a Fallacy

Postby Aneri » Thu Nov 30, 2006 11:43 pm

Last year, around this time, actually, I read a little essay entitled "Love is a Fallacy". And I came to love it so much I thought I'd be nice and share it ^_^ It's not terribly long, and the story is so amusing you'll be glad you spent time reading it. And because I've been asking weird, thought provoking questions lately, I decided I should keep with the pattern XD

Anyway, here is the essay, something I reccomend for you to read. If nothing else, it's terribly amusing and funny.

And my question is this: Is love, by its nature, truly illogical? Is it a fallacy we all believe in, or is it an absolute truth, perhaps the only of its kind?

I say it's illogical. Because people are illogical by nature, and seeing as love governs so much for what we do and how we act, it must be illogical as well. I think this argument itself is flawed, so I'll be thinking of a better way to phrase what I want to say and I'll get back to you XD
"I'm all out. What do ya got?" "A utility belt full of crap and a positive outlook?"

Re: Love is a Fallacy

Postby Ruin-HCI » Fri Dec 01, 2006 2:41 am

xDD That story was really charming. <3

Hmm...Love in my opinion is pretty strange. xD I don't think it can be described with logic. It's something more than we can really understand, which is why we sometimes can't predict the outcome of relationships. Maybe there are too many factors too consider, but if we could consider them all, then maybe love would be predictable and logic could be applied.

o3o It's so confusing. xDD

I loved the story though, but the ending was a bit predictable. x3

Postby InDenialAboutEverything » Sat Dec 02, 2006 12:17 am

Odd. I don't see what the idea of love being a falacy has to do at all with that story.

Love is not logical, but I think using logic in a world and universe as vast as ours is like trying to dig through a mountain with a plastic spoon. It just doesn't work. Logic is just rules we made up in our tiny little corner of existence that seem to apply to some of our situations. It may not work at all with a thousands other quanderies we haven't stumbled across yet as a people.

Love and honor and honesty and emotion all work on their own set of rules. But just because they don't follow the rules we know doesn't mean they don't exist or that they are an inferior way of considering things. They are illogical, sure; but undoubtedly they are powerful, important, and quite fun at times. They are the bones to our psyche's and the flavor to our personalities. For anything, they should not be forsaken.

Yeah, that's what I think.

Postby spazmonkey » Mon Dec 04, 2006 9:26 am

Even if love is predictable it isn't logical. The question is kinda boring. A more interesting question is "is love the path to happiness?"

Added after 1 seconds:

Even if love is predictable it isn't logical. The question is kinda boring. A more interesting question is "is love the path to happiness?"
this sig is my fanboy badge of HONOR!!!1!
Kamisutra wrote:You're watching the anime with blatant lack of effort

Postby Karang » Wed Dec 06, 2006 12:11 am

If I'd ever get married... Id Ask for threesomes. Both boys and girls, other wise it would get boring.

I LOVE WOMEN
I stalk these fourms

Location: In glendale California I was born im the phillpines

Postby aznpuffyhair » Wed Dec 06, 2006 12:32 am

agree. Love is illogical no matter how u study it. Ppl are welling to do pretty crazy things just for that emotion...

and really, damn the raccoon coat lol
There is really nothing to say... or worth saying.

Postby Noir » Wed Dec 06, 2006 1:15 am

Love may be illogical, but I still would never make out with a guy in a raccoon coat. Maybe a raccoon suit . . . nah!

Location: Wait, wait, don't tell me . . . I KNOW I know the answer to this one . . .

Postby spazmonkey » Thu Dec 07, 2006 9:21 am

Noir wrote:Love may be illogical, but I still would never make out with a guy in a raccoon coat. Maybe a raccoon suit
It'sa me, mario
this sig is my fanboy badge of HONOR!!!1!
Kamisutra wrote:You're watching the anime with blatant lack of effort

Postby Darkness_calls » Thu Dec 07, 2006 11:47 am

Love is only ones lack of control and too much release of Pheromone. In that state persons are drugged from sniffing other persons Pheromone and act like they would high but only towards that particular person.

Now I most often just read that comes into my head at the moment so this little text is must likely a load of crap lol

Postby Noir » Thu Dec 07, 2006 6:56 pm

spazmonkey wrote:
Noir wrote:Love may be illogical, but I still would never make out with a guy in a raccoon coat. Maybe a raccoon suit
It'sa me, mario

I do like Italian.

Location: Wait, wait, don't tell me . . . I KNOW I know the answer to this one . . .

Return to EverAfter