Endrealm

A hangout for fans of Endling's EverAfter. You aren't required to talk about the comics.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Endrealm

Postby Geno » Tue Nov 21, 2006 8:01 pm

Now, a lot of people have been talking about the other works on Endling's gallery page, but I'd like to dedicate this topic to Endrealm, because

A) It seems to be the first fleshed out comic concept in Endling's gallery
B) It seems like it would be very deep, involving philosophy and religion and all that, and of course,
C) It's the idea we know the absolute least about and random speculation is fun!

Now some of you may be asking, "What is Endrealm about?" Well, here's what we know...it's about a girl with a giant scythe and it involves deep views on religion and philosophy...

...yeah, thats about it.

However, despite scarce information, the character models Endling came up with make it look very nice. Plus what we know about the concept seems nice.

To quote a phrase I think was said by Charles Dickens, Endrealm seems like it is "teh shit, mofo"

Now, here's some stuff about those characters, which is pretty much all the solid info we have so far:

Chirrel: I'm beginning to think girls with giant weapons who have that "I'm going to kill you and eat your soul" look is a signature in Endling's work by now, but it's not like that's a bad thing. She looks awesome. Endling hasn't said much about her aside from the fact that she is not a personification of Death, despite what the scythe may lead you to believe. She looks like she's very complex, and that's good.

Wretch: The apparent villain. Oh, I like Wretch. He seems like he would be the "philosophical" type of villain. The kind who would not talk most of the time, but when he did, it would usually be about some pessimistic view of existence leading to his motives probably involve bringing about Ragnarök or some other apocalyptic event. You know, the kind of guy whose dialog might sound something like this:

"I shall devour the fruit of Yggdrasil, the Tree of Life, and set it aflame. Amist the embers of fueled by the world tree I shall rise on high above the mortal coil. I shall sprout eighteen wings, shining bright with the life blood of Yahweh. And from this light I shall smite the Earth, the Heavens, the Hells and all the realms in between, until there is only me. I shall cure the cancer of existence that is mankind. Prepare, sons of Cain, for the time of the fire giants is close at hand. Prepare for the End of Everything."

So yes, I imagine he would talk like a guy who wrote his graduate thesis on Neon Genesis Evangelion.

Lili: Right! Lili! Lili. Yeah...Lili...alright, I don't know jack shit about Lili, but the picture looks nice.

So that's all the solid info there is.

So, yeah, you can talk about what you think of it here. Anything. Speculate. Predict. Discuss. Slice. Dice. Set and forget. All that nice stuff. Just please say something. If I don't meet my thread posts quota this month, I'll get put back in the tiger pit.

For real, they do that. You have to read the fine print in those forum membership verification emails.
Endling wrote:I'm the best at being modest. Ever.

Postby Aneri » Tue Nov 21, 2006 11:11 pm

Hahaha, tiger pit. Man, that place is fun!

Anyway, glad to see one of these start up ^_^ Endrealm promises to be a lot of fun. I do like Wretch and Chirrel, and, like you, I don't know anything about Lili XD

Anyway, correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the cast also star some other character we don't know anything about aside from their face/appearance? Like Lou, Flea, and Edda...Edda looks awesome!

I don't know, I get a whole "Shepard Book" vibe from her, haha. Probably completely wrong too. Meh, c'est la vie.

Flea is my kind of guy...he looks so "physically attractive" when in chains XD But he sounds like an awesome character.

Lou...I don't know much about Lou. In fact, I'm not even 100 % sure he's part of Endrealm. He could be from the same crop as Rain (and such a lovely, lovely girl possesed by a haunted suit of armor, isn't she?). Yeah.

I really want to know more about Endrealm. And Endlings ^_^ Those are adorable!
"I'm all out. What do ya got?" "A utility belt full of crap and a positive outlook?"

Re: Endrealm

Postby Mango » Wed Nov 22, 2006 1:10 am

actually from the middle-right picture on wretch's...picture, i imagine him being an ass XD or like a slightly deranged youngin'

*a bit later*

according to the description here :
http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/268 ... n%3Ascraps
"Wretch: Playful, childish, frolicking destruction wrapped in a cloak."
on an unrelated note, endling sure hit tom with a sexy-stick since then o3o

Postby Johnny Vill » Wed Nov 22, 2006 12:54 pm

Aneri wrote:Hahaha, tiger pit. Man, that place is fun!

Anyway, glad to see one of these start up ^_^ Endrealm promises to be a lot of fun. I do like Wretch and Chirrel, and, like you, I don't know anything about Lili XD

Anyway, correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the cast also star some other character we don't know anything about aside from their face/appearance? Like Lou, Flea, and Edda...Edda looks awesome!

I don't know, I get a whole "Shepard Book" vibe from her, haha. Probably completely wrong too. Meh, c'est la vie.

Flea is my kind of guy...he looks so "physically attractive" when in chains XD But he sounds like an awesome character.

Lou...I don't know much about Lou. In fact, I'm not even 100 % sure he's part of Endrealm. He could be from the same crop as Rain (and such a lovely, lovely girl possesed by a haunted suit of armor, isn't she?). Yeah.

I really want to know more about Endrealm. And Endlings ^_^ Those are adorable!

Lou is a part of Endrealm. If I remember right, he's the son or grandson of Satan. Something like that...

Lili and Flea, again, if I remember right, are helping out Chirrel. I believe they're both reapers, and have more experience than her. Though, Flea's still pretty much a novice. Of course, all this information is coming from when the story was first fleshed out, and I honestly don't know how much has changed since then.

Edda, I have no idea. Hadn't even heard of her until that picture appeared.

On a side note, Endrealm was entered into the first Rising Stars of Manga contest. Should've won, in my opinion :P But I believe there were issues with the size and inking or something.
Well, I believe in God, and he's told me this. Things lying around were left for us to take.
Long before they were bought, just as they were made, ours to enjoy and

Not. To. Pay.

Postby Endling » Sat Nov 25, 2006 12:18 am

Endrealm..?

Boy. That's going back. XD Not to say it isn't still on my mind..

Ahh such a big big big story.. one of these days, when I have more experience..

Most all the main characters are centered in this abysmal old piece of mine: http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/138 ... ort%3Atime

Lessee here.. from left to right, down to up..

Flea in that god awful green ensemble with red hair. He has black hair now, in a dingy brown outfit.
Chirrel. I love this character so very much. Her outfit is no longer red and browns, but a whole lot of grays, silvers and black. More stereotypical, sure.. but the autumn hue she was carrying at the time just didn't pan out.
Lili.. she's going to rock. I plan on doing an update picture of her soon, whee doggy.. I love her powers. Such a bad ass, and so serenely sweet. The perfect woman. ;)
Edda, a nasty old woman with a nastier old cane. Watch out for her tea. There's more to it than meets the eye. XD
J. The hotshot mercenary in black. He may or may not survive to the actual series. Oh, and he has backup singers.
Lou. As Johnny stated, a son of Satan. (Not THE son by far.)
Sariel. Sariel's an angel. A very, very confused angel that disturbs most of the rest of the cast. Powerful? Oh yes.
Spew. That giant tub of lard with teeth in the upper left. He's got a british accent.
Wretch. No doubt will be torn asunder by rabid fangirls who pair him up with every other bipedal creature in the story. Which is wrong. Very very wrong. And Geno, about your assumption regarding Wretch.. well. You're only half-right. ;)
Lorn. Living (well not really) proof that there is no fury like that of a woman scorned. Truly, truly scorned too.. something is not quite right.

Anyway. I'm rambling. It's just fun musing over these characters. One of these days I'll get around to showing everyone the updated versions and all the sketchbook work. The story is vast.

Hope everyone had a happy Thanksgiving.

Postby aznpuffyhair » Sat Nov 25, 2006 12:27 pm

I KNEW IT!!! Lili is those that's perfect in the sense that she's nice and sweet when not doing much but kicking asses when in battle

boy, do i love those?

and confused angel? why a confused angel? angel generally don't get confused =.= ...right?
There is really nothing to say... or worth saying.

Postby Mango » Sat Nov 25, 2006 12:51 pm

aznpuffyhair wrote:I KNEW IT!!! Lili is those that's perfect in the sense that she's nice and sweet when not doing much but kicking asses when in battle

boy, do i love those?

and confused angel? why a confused angel? angel generally don't get confused =.= ...right?

and little red riding hoods dont generally kick lots of ass >.>

and hurray updates! *demand demand*

Postby Mr. Mono » Sat Nov 25, 2006 1:37 pm

Awesome.
A blob with british accent? Looks like I have a new favourite character. Sorry Rosie, youre too pink for me.

Though I can bet my ass that Spew will be confused for glutony from FMA. Darn those fanboys.

Postby InDenialAboutEverything » Sat Nov 25, 2006 6:51 pm

I don't know all that much about Endrealm, only what I've seen in Endling's gallery.

I just worry....this story seems like it could (not saying it would, not saying it wouldn't) get stiff. A lot of stories that deal with the afterlife tend to get stiff sometimes. I'm not sure why. It, by any stretch of the imagination, is not stiff, but it seems more so then his other works.

Ah, I've confused myself. Off to bed.

Return to EverAfter