The madness begins - Page 24

A hangout for fans of Endling's EverAfter. You aren't required to talk about the comics.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Postby Glahardt » Sat Nov 04, 2006 5:32 pm

k-hallowseve wrote:I wouldn't ever say KH has a copyright on such things.
It was a joke. Nobody's worrying about that.

Re: The madness begins - Page 24

Postby Pengun_Factory » Sat Nov 04, 2006 6:11 pm

Wow. I was not expexting that w00t

I kind of assumed the saw was just an ordinary weapon, although I guess this explains how she can transport it around the place (I'm assuming it dissapears when she's not using it).

This page answers one question and creates a whole load of new ones. Who's the mysterious voice? How did Red get her powers? Why is he/ she helping her? Do the other characters have similar abilities.

For the record, the sawblade (is that what we're calling it?) is by far the best fantasy weapon I've ever seen. Way better then the usual "magic sword" crap you usually see.

Anyway, I'm eagerly awaiting the next page. Reading AE is the highlight of my week.

So either I take the plunge and just do what I want with it, and damn the consequences

I say just do what you want, let the naysayers be damned. You're right, if you look hard enough you'll find that everything is similar to something else. I know I have stories that are going to get me accused of plagarism.

I'm not really sure what you mean by having a handle in the middle though, doesn't the keyblade have one at the end?

Postby Chosen » Sat Nov 04, 2006 7:02 pm

(Hey, nice to meet ya, I'm a dirty newbie - feel free to flame if you wish, but don't blame me if you get an unexpected visit tonight :snoogins: )
Don't even give the whole thing another thought, End. It's to be expected. People who do that are just jealous of your talent. Seriously.

Back to the topic of the story
I've come up with a theory - It seems to me when Red is in her killing mode, she may not be entirely concious of her actions. For example, in her head, see my see everyone else as those "wolves" trying to eat her again and then that voice kicks in telling her to kill them all - and she obeys. Whatever they did to her, I think it is some kind of advanced form of mental suggestion or hypnosis (which half of you probably guess by now). I think it's a good chance this is probably is what is going on inside her head while she is fighting.

I just thought that made alot of sense. I could be entirely wrong.

Newbie over and out.
"Nothing is definite"

Postby Aneri » Sat Nov 04, 2006 7:10 pm

The new page is AMAZING! Simply fantastic, I love it. Endling, you pwn ^_^

Oh, and Chosen and Pengun...

You'll be "turnips" in no time XD
"I'm all out. What do ya got?" "A utility belt full of crap and a positive outlook?"

Postby Grey » Sat Nov 04, 2006 7:13 pm

Lovely pic, Aneri.

And lovely page, Endling. The smashing text, the bloody brilliant effects... Just a class act the whole way.
Suave Brit

Sexiness: Godlike

Postby Imenak » Sat Nov 04, 2006 7:15 pm

Good theory Chosen, and welcome to all these new people in the thread =). It's like EverAfter's drawing in some fresh food... er, I mean faces. Oh, and that sketch makes me laugh Aneri xP.
"A pistol is a tool to save people. It's not a weapon for murder." "Then save me by killing them!" "That's kinda contradictory..."
My Characters' Endings

Postby Glahardt » Sat Nov 04, 2006 7:25 pm

Aneri wrote:You'll be "turnips" in no time XD
*Squirms*
Turnips. An army of turnips.

Postby kirokokori » Sat Nov 04, 2006 7:33 pm

Chosen wrote:Back to the topic of the story
I've come up with a theory - It seems to me when Red is in her killing mode, she may not be entirely concious of her actions. For example, in her head, see my see everyone else as those "wolves" trying to eat her again and then that voice kicks in telling her to kill them all - and she obeys. Whatever they did to her, I think it is some kind of advanced form of mental suggestion or hypnosis (which half of you probably guess by now). I think it's a good chance this is probably is what is going on inside her head while she is fighting.

I just thought that made alot of sense. I could be entirely wrong.

(Is also a newbie XD)

I'm thinking something similar, but in my mind, it's more like the wolf itself manipulating her, not just some random voice thing....cuz' the wolf is freaky badass evilness. >D

Postby Dave » Sat Nov 04, 2006 7:38 pm

wow good stuff. Welcome to the forums everyone and WOW the Saw is awesome sauce.
WiNg0o wrote:To be honest I thought Dave just existed. In the beginning there was Dave.
Administrator

Postby Glahardt » Sat Nov 04, 2006 7:58 pm

kirokokori wrote:I'm thinking something similar, but in my mind, it's more like the wolf itself manipulating her, not just some random voice thing....cuz' the wolf is freaky badass evilness. >D
Not likely, since the BBW wanted to eat her, not letting her kill him.

Postby aznpuffyhair » Sat Nov 04, 2006 8:38 pm

Cool update. And that saw is big. Almost as big, if not bigger, than red herself.

So, TOSS TO THE EXAGERATED BIG WEAPONS OUT THERE!!!

...Did i mention that handle looks nice?
There is really nothing to say... or worth saying.

Postby Mango » Sat Nov 04, 2006 9:36 pm

I just looked at the saw again and was like "wait... how does she hold that?"
I just realized I expected her to hold it like a sword >_> will be interesting to see her fight with such an unconventional weapon.
Also, after posting I started thinking about how awesome an everafter anime/game/mmorpg would be D: *dreams dreams* crazy fantasy clothes... runnin around with crazy weapons in grimmoria~ *drool*

And gah someone named penguin! good thing i just named myself mango instead of "mango penguin" for these forums or things could get confusing >.> (for me)

Postby Sasha » Sat Nov 04, 2006 10:09 pm

oh god am so happy to be here ...
i was waiting for this page ... every one hour i come in to see if it here or not ..

but am goingto school now :'( ... i have test :'( ...
but the good thing the test made me be awake now and see this page :unsure:

Postby redphantasm » Sat Nov 04, 2006 10:15 pm

Im loving the new pages.

As for the handel in the middle of the sword, I dont really know what Sora's new Keyblade looks like so i cant really say, but you could do something like and Ushabti Glaive:

http://store.us.games-workshop.com/stor ... GameNav=13

The second one from the left is what im refering to.

Postby k-hallowseve » Sat Nov 04, 2006 10:21 pm

It was a joke. Nobody's worrying about that.

*laughs* I know, I know. Sorry for the confusion; it's just so hard to show voice inflection with text. I'm in on the joke, don't worry. ;)

Hmm... an army of turnips. Love the drawing, Aneri.

Oh, and welcome, all.
I'm not dead! I'm getting better... >.>
----
Þæt fram hám gefrægn Higeláces þegn
gód mid Géatum, Grendles daéda•
sé wæs moncynnes mægenes strengest
on þaém dæge þysses lífes
æþele ond éacen•
----
Elemental Academy CS #1, #2 | X Institute CS #1, #2 | Totem RP CS
The wandering hobo.

Postby Ninjachick4 » Sun Nov 05, 2006 1:20 am

Naruto? Kingdom Hearts?
Geeze, I was thinking Bible the whole time. Rosey and Posey are not the Arbaic verisons of St. Kriznes and Luntriz?
...Oh! I guess it ALL comes down to what you know.
Scary Girl with lots of eyeliner who looks like she hasn't slept in forever = Garra? I would have said Edward Sissor Hands due to the pale look she has and the saw for the slice and dice. Throw in some Nightmare On Elm Street Kazy Krugar and you've got yourself a Red. Lol. But that's how I see all that.
My opion is- you can't get away from it End. There's just NO WAY. Everything realates to something like you said. If you've given Red a wand that would have been to close to Harry Potter. If Red was really Blue, I would say Zelda's Link. Just try to stay away from the grand ideas, which you didn't do here btw!

What happend to Red's kick ass normal huge saw blade of jaggadness? That was orginal cause it was JUST the tool saw, raw, rather than now. No razzel dazzel, no magical know-how behind it, no Gods or Godess behind the creation of it. Just a weapon weilded by a cranky pants girl with murder on the mind. Now you've made it into a sword. How come?

But non the less! It's people's POV. Alls I know is that I love this page and I can't wait to see what the chains are!!!

Postby Imenak » Sun Nov 05, 2006 1:34 am

Welcome to the forums Ninjachick. You've made a pretty good (and humorous) point. Now I really wonder why the saw suddenly became intricate. Still looks cool IMO.
"A pistol is a tool to save people. It's not a weapon for murder." "Then save me by killing them!" "That's kinda contradictory..."
My Characters' Endings

Postby Wazit » Sun Nov 05, 2006 3:11 am

Welcome to all new members? And thanks for the link Imenak, it made me laugh XD

Postby Mercsenary » Sun Nov 05, 2006 3:53 am

I dunno, im getting the feeling that the wolf is there to help her unlock something, but red is scared of it. Cuz reallly, first time you see it and it has this creepy smile on its face, i think you would be scared too...
One who chases after two hares will catch neither.
Which FF Character Are You?

Postby Wazit » Sun Nov 05, 2006 8:01 am

That means you are saying the wolf is a protagonist?

Postby Mr. Mono » Sun Nov 05, 2006 10:08 am

I like. Want more.

I never thought that the saw design even ressempled the KH keyblade (which aint the first weapon ever to have such a handel design just so you know), yet I dont see how she can hold it efficiently. I liked the old desigh a little better.

Postby Sentios » Sun Nov 05, 2006 10:31 am

If you want the functionality of having a handle in the middle then I suggest something along the lines of it being two blades that are very close together normally but one of the blades can rotate 180 degrees if she wants it to. I'd draw a very crappy example if not for the fact that my photoshop no longer works... -_-

In other news: ZOMG THE GUY WHO NO ONE KNEW BEFORE AND NO ONE REMEMBERS POSTED! (me)
Wizard Status. 5 more years

Postby aznpuffyhair » Sun Nov 05, 2006 1:10 pm

i REALLY don't think a saw with the handle in the middle will actually do alot... But like Sentios says, if it's actually two saw connected by the middle, then yeah, it's massacre time for red.

And welcome to the forum Ninjachick4
There is really nothing to say... or worth saying.

Postby Glahardt » Sun Nov 05, 2006 1:43 pm

Sudden burst of the number of new members.
*Opens the floodgate*
*Tidal wave of new members*

Postby Imenak » Sun Nov 05, 2006 1:44 pm

Now's the time to conscript them into the EALH Glahardt!
My Characters' Endings

PreviousNext

Return to EverAfter