The madness begins - Page 24

A hangout for fans of Endling's EverAfter. You aren't required to talk about the comics.

Moderator: Mod Squad

The madness begins - Page 24

Postby Glahardt » Sat Nov 04, 2006 8:56 am

Wow.

That's all I can say.

Postby Wazit » Sat Nov 04, 2006 9:07 am

Huge sword :P

Postby Amaranthine Ali » Sat Nov 04, 2006 9:13 am

wazit_blade wrote:Huge sword :P

Correction: Saw :P

Yes, this new update sprouts awesomeness.

Ultimate Droolage.

HAHAHAHAHAHA.

Postby Wazit » Sat Nov 04, 2006 9:16 am

Haha yes saw... and your drool is flooding the room

Postby Amaranthine Ali » Sat Nov 04, 2006 9:21 am

Hahahahaha.. Still Ultimate Droolage.
Just wait until DC comes and drools over it. lol

Honestly though, I didn't think so much text could be put into one pannell without it having it look screwed up.

This page is quite impressive.

Postby Wazit » Sat Nov 04, 2006 9:22 am

It's Endling we're talking about >.<

Postby Amaranthine Ali » Sat Nov 04, 2006 9:26 am

Uhmmm.. I know that!
It reeks of awesomeness.

Postby Chibi-Chan101 » Sat Nov 04, 2006 10:15 am

The page kinda remids me of Kingdom Hearts when Sora recieves this keyblade, when she recieves her saw...yeah kinda comparing the two in my mind..

Postby Amaranthine Ali » Sat Nov 04, 2006 10:18 am

Hey Girly... Welcome to the forums..

Postby Wazit » Sat Nov 04, 2006 10:43 am

Welcome to the forums

Re: The madness begins - Page 24

Postby Warrior-within89 » Sat Nov 04, 2006 12:32 pm

Yeah, keyblade physics were my first thoughts too.

Awesome page.
~Fear is the fine line between light and dark, don't cross it.~

Postby Endling » Sat Nov 04, 2006 12:32 pm

Chibi-Chan101 wrote:The page kinda remids me of Kingdom Hearts when Sora recieves this keyblade, when she recieves her saw...yeah kinda comparing the two in my mind..

You aren't the first, and you definitely won't be the last.

Brainwashed Kingdom Hearts junkies. ;) You guys gotta let go.

But yah. You know what sucks about it? I don't even really like Kingdom Hearts. (The Disney parts were the best, from what I did play.. all the Square OCs were.. meh.. sorry to the respective fanboy/girls in the audience.)

This has sadly kept me from making the redesign to the sawblade that I really wanted to, adding a handle in the middle. (To make it a lot more 'functional' than it is now, haha. This would pretty much effectively make anyone giving it a scrutinizing look-over thing it was a keyblade ripoff.) So either I take the plunge and just do what I want with it, and damn the consequences, or keep trying to find a different way of adding another handle to avoid KH fans tearing me a new one. And then what? Keep making changes as the series goes on to everything that slightly resembles something else? That's neigh on impossible. The amount of times I've had Red compared to Gaara from Naruto make me realize you can pretty much take anything and compare it to anything else in some fashion.. how else would someone explain that I stole my Chirrel character off of Testament from Guilty Gear.. (Yes it actually happened once. I'm guessing because they both carry SCYTHES. Oooo.)

What do you guys think?

I hate getting compared to other things, especially in the 'you stole that' vein of thinking. (If you've seen 'Rant Doodle 1' on DA you know what I'm talking about.)
But part of me thinks I shouldn't really care if people have that misconception. It sure does take bites out of your integrity though..

Postby Torgue » Sat Nov 04, 2006 12:46 pm

Don't forget that no-one can hurt you over the net. They can only scar you emotionally.
If someone accuses you of stealing, go with the old '' I used it as a concept'' routine. ;)

Postby Amaranthine Ali » Sat Nov 04, 2006 12:47 pm

Meh.. I don't compare to anything of yours to others at all. You're safe with me End.

Postby Geno » Sat Nov 04, 2006 2:24 pm

I honestly believe that most people who actually care about the storyline of Everafter and the unique characters will not think it is a big deal if you do something like put a handle in the middle of the saw. It's not like a dedicated fan is gonna see it and be like this...

*Note: Fanboys imitated in this post may appear more articulate than they actually are*

"Hmm...this pages is really cool. Awesome even. It's very detailed and- WAIT A MINUTE! WHAT THE F*** IS THIS? HANDLE IN THE MIDDLE OF THE SAW! DAMN YOU CRUEL, ODIOUS FATE! MY ENTIRE CONCEPT OF AWESOMENESS HAS BEEN SPURRED! SPURRED! OBVIOUSLY ANYTHING REMOTELY RESEMBLING A SWORD IS A RIPOFF OF KINGDOM HEARTS! I WISH A THOUSAND CANCERS ON YOUR SOUL, ENDLING! HOW DARE YOU BLATANTLY RIPOFF KINGDOM HEARTS WITH THIS INSIGNIFICANT DETAIL! F*** YOU, ENDLING! MAY YOUR PENIS FALL OFF AND BE EATEN BY A GOPHER! I'M GOING TO GO AND HUG MY KAIRI PLUSHIE BECAUSE ONLY SHE UNDERSTANDS ME! MEGATOKYO IS BETTER ANYWAY!"

Yeah, no reasonable person is going to say stuff like that. Especially not that last part. Seriously, it's totally not a big deal.

So go for it. Don't compromise your vision for just that reason.

*Note again: Please not this entire post comes from someone who actually likes Kingdom Hearts and still does not think this is a ripoff or anything like that.*
Endling wrote:I'm the best at being modest. Ever.

Postby Imenak » Sat Nov 04, 2006 3:29 pm

Schweet page. The moment I saw the... saw, I was just reminded of certain RPGs in general. It looks ordinary and all, but then BAM, you look at the handle (or hilt, or anywhere around that area) and everything changes. Now it's a kick ass weapon of villainy destruction! See gunblades and the Mani Katti (I think) for details. IMO, Red would a pretty cool RPG character in her current state, swing around her saw and smacking things with her chains (you know, if she wasn't attached to the ground). Well ANYWAYS, though similarities with the Keyblade will inevitably be drawn, I don't think you should let it get to yah Endling. Some people are just accusatory happy (like the whole seven sins thing a while back with Living in Sin) and should be destroyed. Others just like to draw comparisons and guess where one may have gotten the inspiration from. It really does take a bite out of your integrity though. It can certainly piss you off if someone accuses you of stealing something from a source you've never even HEARD of too (blarg, personal experience).
"A pistol is a tool to save people. It's not a weapon for murder." "Then save me by killing them!" "That's kinda contradictory..."
My Characters' Endings

Postby Mango » Sat Nov 04, 2006 3:31 pm

I'm a horrible kh2 junky but I didnt think of a KH connection until after reading this topic >_> and whatever, its not like KH is the first to do that kind of thing. (like omg its a dream sequence!! KH STARTED WITH A DREAM SEQUENCE THEY OWN IT)

but wait, handle in the middle? >.> <.< show us a sketch!! *wanna see wanna see* And bleh if it looks cool, duu it!

(also, she has skinny limbs. sora has skinny limbs. DARN YOU!)

just kidding D: I love ridiculous skinny limbs <3 keep up the good work!

Postby Glahardt » Sat Nov 04, 2006 3:36 pm

Torgue wrote:Don't forget that no-one can hurt you over the net. They can only scar you emotionally.
Like out precious Chasey?
-Link for amusement-

Well, I for one hate keyblades, technically, their efficiency level<0
It's only a little more than a beating stick with a "cool" design.

Postby Imenak » Sat Nov 04, 2006 3:39 pm

I was JUST suddenly reminded of this, not to get terribly off topic.
"A pistol is a tool to save people. It's not a weapon for murder." "Then save me by killing them!" "That's kinda contradictory..."
My Characters' Endings

Postby Glahardt » Sat Nov 04, 2006 3:42 pm

No, not really off-topic. BTW, I be dissin' KH too.

Postby Imenak » Sat Nov 04, 2006 3:49 pm

I'm actually a fan of the KH series, but the video made me laugh a lot regardless.
My Characters' Endings

Postby Glahardt » Sat Nov 04, 2006 4:04 pm

Oh yeah. It pointed out a whole lot of flaws in most of the Japanese RPGs.
*Munny*

Postby spazmonkey » Sat Nov 04, 2006 4:20 pm

A class action lawsuit is being filed against Endling for copyright enfrigement on American Mcgees Alice in Wonderland, some twisted fairytale figurines, and KH. Court date pending.
this sig is my fanboy badge of HONOR!!!1!
Kamisutra wrote:You're watching the anime with blatant lack of effort

Postby kirokokori » Sat Nov 04, 2006 5:04 pm

I personally didn't notice the KH thing until reading this, despite being a total fangirl. XD I think having the saw with a handle thing would be cool anyway, who cares if it's slightly KH reminicent?

Postby k-hallowseve » Sat Nov 04, 2006 5:12 pm

Well, I'm a nerdy KH fangirl--I admit it--but I wouldn't ever say KH has a copyright on such things. I mean, that idea's been around long before KH was conceptualized, anyway. It's one of those story-telling elements that has passed into the 'public domain' of human consciousness at this point.

And really, the saw's a minor part of the storyline. Do what you want with it, or you'll regret it forever. I know this from experience; I have a story that will never be published because of similarities it bears toward a few anime/game/fantasy concepts (many of which I was completely ignorant of at the time I came up with the story). I can't help but compare it now, and it annoys me that it was ruined for me (they really were cool ideas--but already 'taken'). >.<

Off rant. Great page; the art seems particularly good on this page. plenty of tonal variation, or something. I dunno. It just looks good.
I'm not dead! I'm getting better... >.>
----
Þæt fram hám gefrægn Higeláces þegn
gód mid Géatum, Grendles daéda•
sé wæs moncynnes mægenes strengest
on þaém dæge þysses lífes
æþele ond éacen•
----
Elemental Academy CS #1, #2 | X Institute CS #1, #2 | Totem RP CS
The wandering hobo.

Next

Return to EverAfter