Graffiti

A hangout for fans of Endling's EverAfter. You aren't required to talk about the comics.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Graffiti

Postby Aneri » Mon Oct 30, 2006 7:57 pm

Here's a little story for you all.

Waiting for the train to take me to school this morning, I walk over to a bench I usually don't sit on. The first thing I see is that someone had written on it with a sharpie. And, because these types of things always prove to be hilariously idiotic, I decided to read them.

These did not disappoint. In fact, I didn't get much past the first one. Which read: "Your in America speak ENGLISH"

...ah the irony...

Anyway, have any ridiculous things you've seen scribbled around? There's a station not that far from my house that has the Fundemental Theorem of Calculus scribbled on the wall.
"I'm all out. What do ya got?" "A utility belt full of crap and a positive outlook?"

Postby Geno » Mon Oct 30, 2006 8:48 pm

For some reason, there used to be some guy (or guys) who kept writing the phrase "ALF IS GOD" in every restroom in every supermarket near the area I live.

I'm not sure why they did that, nor am I quite sure why an alien puppet from a derivative show in the 1980's should be considered a deity.

I'm sure there are more interesting ones I've seen, but I can't think of any right now.
Endling wrote:I'm the best at being modest. Ever.

Re: Graffiti

Postby Noir » Mon Oct 30, 2006 11:55 pm

The only thing I can think of was an underpass that's in downtown Tucson. There are like 10 pillars you walk past and every single one had "FUC" written on it (and it didn't look like kids handwriting). You'd think after the first few you'd get the spelling right. . .

I guess it could have been their intials, but I doubt it.

Location: Wait, wait, don't tell me . . . I KNOW I know the answer to this one . . .

Postby Teotu » Tue Oct 31, 2006 12:36 am

I'm a graffiti artist myself and to comment on ya'll experiences, the people who were tagging that stuff are idiots. Point-blank, simple.
Pokemon Diamond
Name: Musashi
FC: 4468 0677 3037

Current Task: Obtain the non obtainable Pokemon(Darkrai, Arcues, etc.), create strategies for winning Wi-Fi matches

Postby k-hallowseve » Tue Oct 31, 2006 12:38 am

Aneri wrote:"Your in America speak ENGLISH"

Wow, people never cease to amaze me. That is ironic. lol

Hmm, here's one: On the waiting-for-ride bench on campus, there's a whole string of "Dear Abby" questions and answers about love, cheating, marriage proposals, and what women want. And Abby is quite the serious responder.

I wish I could remember some great graffiti from a Canadian rest-stop, but alas. It escapes me.
I'm not dead! I'm getting better... >.>
----
Þæt fram hám gefrægn Higeláces þegn
gód mid Géatum, Grendles daéda•
sé wæs moncynnes mægenes strengest
on þaém dæge þysses lífes
æþele ond éacen•
----
Elemental Academy CS #1, #2 | X Institute CS #1, #2 | Totem RP CS
The wandering hobo.

Postby Wazit » Tue Oct 31, 2006 2:35 am

Yep that is ironic. Pity most graffiti in my country is pretty mindless. Oh I remember seeing one nice one:
In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king

Postby Astral » Tue Oct 31, 2006 6:57 am

There was this one public toilet down in a little town called whitby that never ceased to amaze me. You see, there's all the usual grubbing of hastily scrawled names, foul language and crudely drawn appendages, and yet there was one stall that was free from these in most ways. This was simply because it was the territory of one 'Mr.42', who had (with the aid of a pocket knife) carefully and meticulously mapped out nearly his entire sexual autobiography on the walls of that one stall. And we aren’t talking little weedy phrases like "Sharon did 42" or "I Got Laid" ohh no. These were entire paragraphs, painstakingly laid out in chronological order and contained info on the date, where they had gone for a meal / entertainment, the evening itself and then his private thoughts on her after the evening was done (not 'how she was' but her pro's and con's and whether the relationship could ever be anything more then a fling). With the amount of time I spent in that privy I managed to read about a half of his entire chronicle, dating back to about 1998. I actually felt rather sorry for him, as it was clear that he was getting ever more depressed as time went on, the detail and passion in those little stories becoming ever more 'laxed and misdirectional. The last, far shorter entry had been painted over with the exact same color as that which had first graced the wall, all that was visible was the year: 2002
Now you're just being silly.

Location: In my dark room, along with chillyconcarnie and a bottle of Jack-Dannials

Postby Torgue » Tue Oct 31, 2006 9:34 am

˝These days, crime isn't caused by greed. It is caused by hunger.˝

Postby Wazit » Tue Oct 31, 2006 9:08 pm

Oh wow, I would like to meet this Mr 42

Postby CarrionMan » Tue Oct 31, 2006 10:33 pm

I think he commit suicide.

Postby Mango » Tue Oct 31, 2006 11:55 pm

I cant think of any particularly clever graffiti, but once i saw WHORE written on one of the lids of those metal trashcans and wrote an AL over the OR and drew a little whale below it. Later someone added "Save The" over it so I felt overall it was a wonderful improvement :p

Postby Wazit » Wed Nov 01, 2006 2:16 am

CarrionMan wrote:I think he commit suicide.

After 2002?

Postby Johnny Vill » Wed Nov 01, 2006 12:10 pm

Mango wrote:I cant think of any particularly clever graffiti, but once i saw WHORE written on one of the lids of those metal trashcans and wrote an AL over the OR and drew a little whale below it. Later someone added "Save The" over it so I felt overall it was a wonderful improvement :p

On the note of positive graffiti, one time while in New York visiting a friend, we ventured down into the subway. In the stairway leading down, there was a fluorescent light covered by a plastic case on the ceiling. Scribbled across it in thick black letters was the message, "You are beautiful." It made me smile, especially to see this in the middle of NYC, which most people perceive as being such an unfriendly place.

I have a picture of it, actually, if anyone's interested: http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b292/ ... utiful.jpg
Well, I believe in God, and he's told me this. Things lying around were left for us to take.
Long before they were bought, just as they were made, ours to enjoy and

Not. To. Pay.

Postby CarrionMan » Wed Nov 01, 2006 12:43 pm

wazit_blade wrote:

After 2002?

Yeah, considering they painted over it.

Postby Astral » Wed Nov 01, 2006 6:01 pm

CarrionMan wrote:
wazit_blade wrote:

After 2002?

Yeah, considering they painted over it.

That was my general thoughts too, perhapse his last testiment was inscribed there and hence why it was covered but the rest was left untouched. I'll try to get a photo next time we go, which should be sometime in feb07.

Location: In my dark room, along with chillyconcarnie and a bottle of Jack-Dannials

Postby Wazit » Wed Nov 01, 2006 8:14 pm

Why that long?

Postby Astral » Thu Nov 02, 2006 3:31 am

wazit_blade wrote:Why that long?

Ummm, because its like on the oposite coast? lol

Postby Wazit » Thu Nov 02, 2006 6:17 am

Ah crap...

Return to EverAfter