Comments on Endling's other work.

A hangout for fans of Endling's EverAfter. You aren't required to talk about the comics.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Comments on Endling's other work.

Postby Feena Flame » Thu Oct 26, 2006 4:04 pm

I dunno if this topic is allowed, but why not wrote it anyway.

So I was broswing through his gallery looking for referances for a fan art piece I am working on and I was really intrigued by his Living in Sin stuff. Anyone else check that out?

Re: Comments on Endling's other work.

Postby Cafei » Thu Oct 26, 2006 5:27 pm

I noticed it as well and it intrigued me. I also saw his little comic wherein he was assaulted by people saying that Endling had gotten the 7 deadly sins from FMA.

I felt his pain, but I admit I giggled.

Postby Feena Flame » Thu Oct 26, 2006 5:34 pm

Compairing the FMA. It is shameless. People are just so dang crazy about that show they think the 7 deadly sins were invited by it.

FMA and Living in Sin.

Living in Sin wins. No competetion.

(sorry if I offend any FMA fans. In fairness I am an FMA fan myself.)

Postby Imenak » Thu Oct 26, 2006 5:41 pm

Living in Sin is far more fascinating than FMA. It's my favorite series of art that Endling produces too =). Endling's Gluttony is a personal favorite. Then Envy =).
"A pistol is a tool to save people. It's not a weapon for murder." "Then save me by killing them!" "That's kinda contradictory..."
My Characters' Endings

Postby Aneri » Thu Oct 26, 2006 7:41 pm

I love Living in Sin, from what little I've seen of it, at least. My favourite would have to be Sloth. Followed by Avarice ^_^

And Endrealm seems to be really cool. Well, the characters are awesome, at any rate.

And, of course, the other storyline, the one where Rain came from. I just love Rain, she's awesome...

In fact, I love all of Endling's work, haha ^_^
"I'm all out. What do ya got?" "A utility belt full of crap and a positive outlook?"

Postby Mr. Mono » Thu Oct 26, 2006 9:01 pm

I like Living inj Sin, though too bad it gives me an all too similar Love Hina feeling for the moment.

Postby Feena Flame » Thu Oct 26, 2006 9:05 pm

I really like Envy. She is just the easiest to realte to I guess. *shurgs*

I don't get a Love Hina vibe from it at all. Mind you I didn't really get into that series.

Postby Mr. Mono » Thu Oct 26, 2006 9:24 pm

Envy is my favourite as well, but not for the reasons you might think (hehe).

The thing that makes me think Love Hina is Glutonny´s face and hair, plus the whole obvious harem feel to the group pictures.

Speaking of LiS, does anyone know if End will be making any pages during the span of Everafter?

Postby Geno » Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:04 pm

I think Endrealm will be really good when Endling gets around to it. From what he's said, it will have a lot to do with spiritual elements, gods, afterlife, etc. etc. and I've always been a fan of bringing spiritual philosophy to fiction. Stuff like American Gods, the Sandman, Broken Saints, and similar works have always fascinated me, so I have high hopes for it.
Endling wrote:I'm the best at being modest. Ever.

Postby Mango » Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:31 pm

Ive gazed at most everything in endling's gallery >_> several times~ some pictures i just wanna keep going back to.

like this one.
http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/251 ... ort%3Atime
because it is the most ridiculously awesome pic evar.

when i first found his gallery a month or two ago i kept going back to the ever after chars for a few days 'cause they were so pretty and crazy lookin D: but that's off topic, being on topic of the forums when this is an offtopic post, ya know? *cough*

I really really like the concept of living in sin >_> i really hope he makes that someday, though it can wait for mah everafter D:

anyway, mm eggs.

Postby Wazit » Thu Oct 26, 2006 11:11 pm

What really catched my eye is Envy, as well as Gluttony. Don't really know why though

Postby Cafei » Thu Oct 26, 2006 11:53 pm

I really like Sloth, I like the way he interpreted her and it's probably the sin I'm most guilty of. Coming up by a close second would be wrath. (Contradictory, I know)

Postby Johnny Vill » Fri Oct 27, 2006 12:45 am

Mr. Mono wrote:I like Living inj Sin, though too bad it gives me an all too similar Love Hina feeling for the moment.

That's kind of the point. Living in Sin is a spoof of that genre of anime/manga. The whole "Woah! One guy! 10 girls! What ever will he do?!" Love Hina was neither the first nor the last to try that one.
Well, I believe in God, and he's told me this. Things lying around were left for us to take.
Long before they were bought, just as they were made, ours to enjoy and

Not. To. Pay.

Postby A G.I.R Fan » Fri Oct 27, 2006 7:18 am

For my, Sloth has a "Raven" thing going on...

(But thats probably cause i am a filthy Raven fanboy)

Also, yeah, its true nowadays if you use something that has appeared in an anime, everybody thinks that the author of that anime invented it and you are a filthy copycat....damm those filthy otakus >.@

Postby Glahardt » Fri Oct 27, 2006 7:40 am

Feena Flame wrote:Compairing the FMA. It is shameless. People are just so dang crazy about that show they think the 7 deadly sins were invited by it.
Uh-huh. I hate fanboys and fangirls who don't do their research and claim those who they worship are Gods, that is a sin.
Feena Flame wrote:Living in Sin wins. No competetion.
Actually, they're in different leagues, you can't say that, really. Living in Sin focuses more on sins, which, the girls are themselves, but FMA, the homunculi are different. They are life forms which do not focus on the sin, but rather, their names represent the strongest sin within them. Take Envy for example, there's a whole lot of Wrath in that guy, but Envy is the most apparent.
Feena Flame wrote:(sorry if I offend any FMA fans. In fairness I am an FMA fan myself.)
I'm a fan of FMA, but only the manga.

Personally... I like everything that's related to the sins, yet... I myself is an atheist, so sins actually, do not apply for me.
My personal favorite? Lust. She's sexy.

Postby Unmei » Fri Oct 27, 2006 6:53 pm

I'd have to say I really liked Envy myself.. tie for 2nd: Pride and Sloth.

heh I'm actually Wicca and happen to be fascinated by the Seven Sins. I Got into demonology and Angelology back when my obsession was at its peek. I would spend hours researching demons and angels alike. Two of my favorite demons would actually have to be Lots, and Belial. Lol. Angel.. Azrael. If I had to pick one.. (boy would I like to see Endling draw that one *He has four faces and four thousand wings, and his whole body consists of eyes and tongues, the number of which corresponds to the number of people inhabiting the earth.. Lol.) BUT, it seems I’m getting away with myself…

So not only would I have to say I like Endling’s representation of the Vice, but also that neat little ACCURATE notes of facts of each sin, within each posted work. =3

Kudos for Endling.

One pill makes you larger
And one pill makes you small.
And the ones that mother gives you,
Don’t do anything at all.

Postby Darkness_calls » Sat Oct 28, 2006 6:47 pm

Are we going through FMA AGAIN!
Man we once already had a discussion about it lol

Postby Glahardt » Sat Oct 28, 2006 8:20 pm

Where? The Heads Up thread?

Postby Wazit » Sun Oct 29, 2006 3:28 am

I don't remember that...

Postby nekosim » Sun Oct 29, 2006 6:00 am

Lord of hell is awesome, and Ms Muffin..

Postby Werechicken » Sun Oct 29, 2006 6:18 am

I really liked living in sin's artwork, especially sloth and envy. Does anyone know if has become a comic yet?
Horu wrote:I thought it looked awesome, and having it lack any vaginal bleeding was pretty nice.

Postby Mango » Sun Oct 29, 2006 4:21 pm

Werechicken wrote:I really liked living in sin's artwork, especially sloth and envy. Does anyone know if has become a comic yet?

judging from the junk pages i think he mightve worked on it, but nothing's been released or anything>.> unfortunately

Return to EverAfter