Endling Q & A / Heads up.

A hangout for fans of Endling's EverAfter. You aren't required to talk about the comics.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Postby spazmonkey » Fri Sep 22, 2006 6:53 am

I was defending CarrionMan's comment. He was making fun of the irrelevant questions being asked...but you don't pick up on that and pretentiously call him a spammer. Use your own damn brain before criticizing others.
Last edited by spazmonkey on Fri Sep 22, 2006 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
this sig is my fanboy badge of HONOR!!!1!
Kamisutra wrote:You're watching the anime with blatant lack of effort

Re: Heads up.

Postby Dusk_Imp » Fri Sep 22, 2006 7:41 am

Endling wrote:
Geno wrote:So, Endling, I ask you this...

What is your favorite video game?

Well I'm not going to quote the entirety of your 'question', as I thought you were about to launch into a thesis paper there for a second, heh..

My favorite video game is Super Smash Brothers Melee for the Gamecube. Because I can kick ANYONE'S ASS AT IT. IT HAS BEEN PROVEN. Tournament players? Been there, done that. Toasted their asses on rye. Feh. ^_^

I've found that every time I say this I get one or two responses challenging me to the death. But I'll take any challengers, any time, any place. You heard me.

Well then if you want to verse anyone in the world save up some money and get the Wii and Brawl. Verse anyone on the net. I'm ok. I came in second place at a tornament and I didn't even sign up for it. Hehe! And who's your best character?

And not sure if you've read them but I've found Ann Rice's books to be very interesting. Ever read them? I'm into horror and fantasy but the books that you were talking about intrigue me. Would those stories appeal to a person of that kind of taste? (aka me)
By reading this you promise your soul and first child to me. All babies not ripe and plump are subjected to burnation under the trogdor act of 2003.
The problem is that God gave man a penis and a brain, but only enough blood to run one at a time.

"PPGD Fan"-And Dusk_imp, you too are a riot lol
"Blood Knight"-Dusk_Imp, thanks for making this thread, it's so fun.
:up: :up: :down: :down: :left: :right: :left: :right: B A Select Start

Postby Endling » Fri Sep 22, 2006 6:44 pm

CarrionMan wrote:Are you a virgin? Is rhubarb pie the best pie? Did Michael Jackson really turn white, or did they murder the new one and try to put him back together?

1. Are you hitting on me? (Hot crackers, I take exception to that! .. 100 popped cherries go to whoever can identify where those two lines are from.)

2. No, cherry pie is by far the best pie. I'll flay anyone who says otherwise.

3. ..I think I'd have to go with the latter. If you remove his nose there's probably a teeny tiny little pilot in there.

spazmonkey wrote:I'm pretty good at SSBM, I'm best with sheik, fox, and peach, but I prefer to be a total ass with kirby, zelda, or pikachu.

I hate Sheik players ever so much. Yes, yes I do. Nasty asses they are.

wickedali wrote:You are not leaving Deviant Art for good are you Endling?

I'm thinking of using it just for the journal from now on. I dunno.

Aneri wrote:Would this be the University of the Arts and Sciences in Philadelphia?

I don't recall there being any 'Sciences' in the title. Don't know that UA was known for anything but artsy fartsy stuff. :)

Dusk_Imp wrote:I came in second place at a tornament and I didn't even sign up for it. Hehe! And who's your best character?

Luigi. I play as Mewtwo a lot too, but he's slower and gets his ass kicked significantly more. Oh and I never read any Ann Rice.

Postby Geno » Fri Sep 22, 2006 6:59 pm

I like to play as Marth or Dr. Mario.

But, then again, I suck ass at the game, so don't take my word for anything.

I hate Ness and Ganondorf...especially Ganondorf...which is ironic, because my DA and fanfiction account name is Ganondorfthethird. He's a good character, but he is pratically useless in the game, at least to me. A cat with a lead weight attached to it could be faster and jump higher than his ass. Plus waiting for his B move to work is like watching a loading screen.

"GAHHHHHHHHHH"
*looks at watch*
"GAHHHHHHHHHH"
*...eye twitches*
"GAHHHHHHHHH"
*Makes a sandwich*
"GAHHH-"
*Misses, Gets knocked off stage"
"*long string of fowl language, followed by trying to use the Wavebird controller as a projectile weapon towards the Gamecube*"

But I digress from the topic at hand.

New question: Favorite animated series/movie, both of Japanese origin and of American origin (if any)?
Endling wrote:I'm the best at being modest. Ever.

Postby Aneri » Fri Sep 22, 2006 7:42 pm

I don't know, maybe they joined together recently (actually, I think they did...). I just remeber them coming to my high school last year and having just about the most contrdicting major list I have ever seen, covering everything from oil paintings to pharmacy.

Actually, their pharmacy program was supposedly really good, and they had a museum and everything.

But anyway, I swear I've seen/heard those two lines somewhere before, but I can't place it where. Hah, sounds like something on Arrested Development XD That show is weird...

I'm a Sheik player...not a good one, but still a Sheik player...I don't *think* I'm a "nasty ass"...

Anyway, random question # 547: If you don't go back to DeviantArt, how in the world will I be able to see all your awesomeness in art form that makes me feel small and insignificant? I'd really miss that, I would...
"I'm all out. What do ya got?" "A utility belt full of crap and a positive outlook?"

Postby Geno » Fri Sep 22, 2006 8:33 pm

No offense, Aneri, but I think that subjects been covered extensivly already, since he practically wrote all basically created a manifesto about it on his last journal entry, and has answered similar questions to it before. It's just something he has to do. He has to begin his journey inward...his journey to the center of the Eart- er, I mean, himself.

Over the course of his extensive carrer on DA, he had drawn things to please others, while neglectic ideas he originally enjoyed in order to get more appreciation. But now, he is trying to fulfill himself and take more steps to attain his artistic carrer ambitions.

Basically, he's trying to draw things that please himself, not others, in order to get intouch with why he started drawing in the first place. He must go within himself and explore the fantastical worlds he may have abandoned previously due to the popularity behind his other work. He is getting intouch with the artistic muse, the chi, the zen, the chakra, the...um... (is clearly running out of metaphors)...the...artistic Cadberry Egg, whatever you want to call it. You know what I mean.

It's not anyone's fault, of course. It's just something he has to do.

But don't take my word for it. I suck at summerization. Read the journal. All of it. It makes sense.

Postby Aneri » Fri Sep 22, 2006 9:24 pm

None taken. I was just under the impression that he was going to come back (not soon, but maybe not that much later either), but then he said he might not, and everything. I don't know, I guess I confused myself >_<

I understand him having to leave, believe me. I was just asking if...know what, I don't even know what I was asking. Like I said, I confused myself. Sorry...
"I'm all out. What do ya got?" "A utility belt full of crap and a positive outlook?"

Postby Endling » Fri Sep 22, 2006 9:38 pm

Aneri wrote:None taken. I was just under the impression that he was going to come back (not soon, but maybe not that much later either), but then he said he might not, and everything. I don't know, I guess I confused myself >_<

I understand him having to leave, believe me. I was just asking if...know what, I don't even know what I was asking. Like I said, I confused myself. Sorry...

Don't apologize. (I know you're not apologizing to me in the first place, but still.) You don't need to. You were just asking a question.

Thanks for fielding it, Geno. You did sum it up pretty well. Artistic Cadberry Egg.. XD

But I'll take this one.

Aneri, to answer your question, regardless of whether or not I go back to DeviantArt, I'll be getting my own site soon, hopefully. Before the year is up, ideally. And you can see my art there, 'cause I'm making it just for peoples like you. :D Thanks for the kind words. It never gets old hearing people are interested in the work you create.

And to answer YOUR other question, Geno.. I can never answer that. I sit around thinking and thinking and thinking.. and never come to any conclusion. Believe it or not I really don't have any favorite. I guess the closest I could come would be Futurama 'cause I've seen every episode like two dozen times and it hasn't gotten old. Haha.

Postby Glahardt » Fri Sep 22, 2006 9:42 pm

Endling wrote:I guess the closest I could come would be Futurama 'cause I've seen every episode like two dozen times and it hasn't gotten old. Haha.
>.>
You have the DVDs?

Postby Amaranthine Ali » Fri Sep 22, 2006 9:42 pm

Wicked Endling... So my possible future website is finally answered. YAY!
I hope it turns out great for you Endling..
Would you be transferring all Deviant art peices to it? Everafter included?

Postby Aneri » Fri Sep 22, 2006 9:53 pm

What? You mean the Discworld animated series are *not* your favourite XD

Anyway, thank you ^_^ That actually did answer the question I had in my mind and couldn't put into words.

And are you nocturnal or something? You seem to be up and about only at hours I'd consider normal for college students procrastinating like me. It just struck me as odd at how late you're usually on XD.

Never got into Futurama myself, maybe because I couldn't stay awake long enough to watch it before, and now I have to stay awake to do my Physics WebAssign (aren't we fancy?) homework...

Postby Dusk_Imp » Fri Sep 22, 2006 10:45 pm

I can understand you Endling. Sometimes one can forget why you draw in the first place, so you need to get that spark back. Happened to me once. I hope that your journey pays off. I wish you luck. Don't forget about us and don't get lost. And I probably speak for everyone that we'll be waiting for you.
By reading this you promise your soul and first child to me. All babies not ripe and plump are subjected to burnation under the trogdor act of 2003.
The problem is that God gave man a penis and a brain, but only enough blood to run one at a time.

"PPGD Fan"-And Dusk_imp, you too are a riot lol
"Blood Knight"-Dusk_Imp, thanks for making this thread, it's so fun.
:up: :up: :down: :down: :left: :right: :left: :right: B A Select Start

Postby Amaranthine Ali » Fri Sep 22, 2006 10:47 pm

Dusk_Imp wrote:I can understand you Endling. Sometimes one can forget why you draw in the first place, so you need to get that spark back. Happened to me once. I hope that your journey pays off. I wish you luck. Don't forget about us and don't get lost. And I probably speak for everyone that we'll be waiting for you.

Defineately so..

Postby Wazit » Sat Sep 23, 2006 1:27 am

I won't be waiting for him! I will stalk him to the ends of the world! :D

Postby spazmonkey » Sat Sep 23, 2006 10:03 am

Geno wrote:I hate Ness
wtf? Ness is the funnest character to play with... even if he totally sucks ass.
this sig is my fanboy badge of HONOR!!!1!
Kamisutra wrote:You're watching the anime with blatant lack of effort

Postby Geno » Sat Sep 23, 2006 9:13 pm

spazmonkey wrote:
wtf? Ness is the funnest character to play with... even if he totally sucks ass.

I'm sorry, but I just can't get past his horrible Up-B move.

Anyway, just to maintain the flow, new questions!

Two part question.

1) What was the first original comic you remember drawing and what was it about (if you can remember)? Keep in mind, shitty stick figure comics you drew when you were in kinderguarden count! Feel free not to answer this if you're too embarrassed, because I know I sure as well could be.

2) What's your favorite webcomic, if any, besides any of the other comics on Snafu?

Postby Amaranthine Ali » Sat Sep 23, 2006 9:16 pm

Geno wrote:
spazmonkey wrote:

I'm sorry, but I just can't get past his horrible Up-B move.

Anyway, just to maintain the flow, new questions!

Two part question.

1) What was the first original comic you remember drawing and what was it about (if you can remember)? Keep in mind, shitty stick figure comics you drew when you were in kinderguarden count! Feel free not to answer this if you're too embarrassed, because I know I sure as well could be.

2) What's your favorite webcomic, if any, besides any of the other comics on Snafu?

It would be quite funny to see if Endling still has his childhood artworks.

Actually it wouldn't be so bad to see a timeline of Artworks of how Endling had Progressed over the years.

Postby Endling » Sat Sep 23, 2006 10:39 pm

Geno wrote:Two part question.

1. My oldest comics were about me and my little brother. We'd play in the living room, this ongoing imaginary epic I'd constructed where he was the protagonist, with a whole team of original characters I'd created. (And a good deal of characters from popular video games and TV shows of the time.) Naturally, I played every villain. Heh. When he and I weren't playing, I was drawing our exploits. The whole world had a map, every villain had an information sheet of his own, etc.. It's extremely hard to find those drawings nowadays.

2. Actually I don't really read webcomics. At all. An ex of mine used to show me VG Cats all the time and it was pretty funny. Recently glanced at Penny Arcade as well and some of them were really hilarious. I loathed Megatokyo and used to watch it just to try and figure out why it was so popular. Other than that.. nope. Got any good ones I should know about?

wickedali wrote:It would be quite funny to see if Endling still has his childhood artworks.

Actually it wouldn't be so bad to see a timeline of Artworks of how Endling had Progressed over the years.

That is a terrible, horrible, vile idea. -burns all old drawings via glaring at them-

Postby Wazit » Sat Sep 23, 2006 10:45 pm

Endling doesn't read comics? That's weird

Postby Aneri » Sat Sep 23, 2006 11:06 pm

Little Gamers, for a webcomic ^_^
And I just started getting into megatokyo, and I like it because I think Piro's character is adorable ^_^ (for the first 100 or so I've read, at least...)

And I for one support the idea of seeing how you progressed. I bet you your self-proclaimed "bad" old art will still kick my -hah- art's butt any time! ^_^

Postby Geno » Sat Sep 23, 2006 11:08 pm

Endling wrote:Other than that.. nope. Got any good ones I should know about?

If you don't mind sprite comics, I think you would enjoy 8-Bit Theatre. It's a spoof of Final Fantasy 1, but it's really funny even if you despise Final Fantasy (mostly because it diverts from the FF world so much). Very satirical of RPGs and fantasy cliches. Little slow in the first comics, but it really picks up later on. Funny stuff.

Other than that, theres not much else I read regularly besides stuff on Snafu, VGCats and Penny Arcade.

Postby Amaranthine Ali » Sat Sep 23, 2006 11:09 pm

Endling wrote:
wickedali wrote:It would be quite funny to see if Endling still has his childhood artworks.

That is a terrible, horrible, vile idea. -burns all old drawings via glaring at them-

lol Well I wasn't exactly expecting you'd go through with it.

Postby Wazit » Sat Sep 23, 2006 11:16 pm

I say, Dr Mcninja!

Postby Glahardt » Sun Sep 24, 2006 12:59 am

wazit_blade wrote:I say, Dr Mcninja!
FTW. And join us at the Ninja Boot Camp.

Postby Mr. Mono » Sun Sep 24, 2006 1:06 am

Cyannide and Happyness is ROFL impersonated.

PreviousNext

Return to EverAfter