Endling Q & A / Heads up.

A hangout for fans of Endling's EverAfter. You aren't required to talk about the comics.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Postby Wazit » Sun Oct 08, 2006 8:18 am

Really? I didn't know that

Postby Glahardt » Sun Oct 08, 2006 8:35 am

Yes. The /b/tards' attack was so... How should I put it? Furious? He removed them all. It's a pity you can't see them, they provide me the laughs I need.

Postby Wazit » Sun Oct 08, 2006 8:37 am

Man, I missed a good show... lol

Re: Heads up.

Postby spazmonkey » Sun Oct 08, 2006 9:30 am

wickedali wrote:
spazmonkey wrote:Are the pages from the interview going to appear as weekly updates?

Heh, I believe that could be a possibility...

Even though the unfinished pages from tokyopop interview were there.. They were still unfinished also without dialogue as someone (though I couldn't remember who it was, could have been Endling or Stellos~Core)as mentioned beforehand..

But another question would come, why would Endling draw something like that and not plan to finish it and put it up in the Everafter pages?

Anyway if the tokyopop "unfinished" pages will show up.. It would likely be very soon..
...that question was for Endling, you know, the guy who actuall knows the answer to it. Seriously, why do you respond if you don't know the answer? And when did you get it in your head intercept questions for Endling.
this sig is my fanboy badge of HONOR!!!1!
Kamisutra wrote:You're watching the anime with blatant lack of effort

Postby Aneri » Sun Oct 08, 2006 9:53 am

Endling, what do you use to ink your art?

Haha, and please say something more than "inking pens and stuff" XD
"I'm all out. What do ya got?" "A utility belt full of crap and a positive outlook?"

Postby Geno » Sun Oct 08, 2006 3:09 pm

spazmonkey wrote:
wickedali wrote:
spazmonkey wrote:Are the pages from the interview going to appear as weekly updates?

Even though the unfinished pages from tokyopop interview were there.. They were still unfinished also without dialogue as someone (though I couldn't remember who it was, could have been Endling or Stellos~Core)as mentioned beforehand..

But another question would come, why would Endling draw something like that and not plan to finish it and put it up in the Everafter pages?

Anyway if the tokyopop "unfinished" pages will show up.. It would likely be very soon..
...that question was for Endling, you know, the guy who actuall knows the answer to it. Seriously, why do you respond if you don't know the answer? And when did you get it in your head intercept questions for Endling.

Let me ask you a question, spaz. When did you get it in your head to be a total dick to someone for making a legitimate fucking comment?

Seriously, Christ. Take some consideration for other people's feelings, for Gods sakes. Just because someone makes a comment doesn't give you license to berate them. There was no reason for you to be short with her like that. No reason whatsoever. That was just rude. I think she's entitled to an apology.

There's a thing called manners, dude. It's what tells people how to act like decent human beings. Maybe you need a lesson.

Seriously, if you wouldn't act like such a dick to people in real life, why would you think it's okay to do it on the Internet?

Shit like that burns me up.
Endling wrote:I'm the best at being modest. Ever.

Postby spazmonkey » Sun Oct 08, 2006 3:27 pm

Wicked Ali is pretty consistant with a lot of stuff that bugs the living hell out of me so my patience for her has long since worn thin. I was more polite the first time she answered a question I tried to ask Endling. That and other things have piled up, so I'm pretty much past being polite.

Postby Johnny Vill » Sun Oct 08, 2006 3:39 pm

spazmonkey wrote:Wicked Ali is pretty consistant with a lot of stuff that bugs the living hell out of me so my patience for her has long since worn thin. I was more polite the first time she answered a question I tried to ask Endling. That and other things have piled up, so I'm pretty much past being polite.

Well I can't comment on what other things she might've been doing to annoy you, but as far as answering questions aimed at Mr. End, the fact of the matter is, this is a forum. It's about open discussion. Yeah, she might not have real answers since these are things that only the author of the comic knows. But she never claimed her answers were final, it was just a thought.

Come on, people. Let's just get along.
Well, I believe in God, and he's told me this. Things lying around were left for us to take.
Long before they were bought, just as they were made, ours to enjoy and

Not. To. Pay.

Postby Mr. Mono » Sun Oct 08, 2006 4:26 pm

Spaz although I agree with you that wicky has her annoying tendencies and then some, I think you overeacted in your response. She was just making a conclusion based on the information that she already had until endling could answer it.

Because:
1) It could just be a teaser, to feed the hungry fans something while they wait.
2) It could only be an experimental page for that scene.
3) It could just be a junk page that end decided not to use in the comic, but didnt want to throw away.
4) It could actually be an official comic page.
5) It´s a TRAP! Endling wants to trick us into thinking the scenes will go like that but in reality he has planned something different. Belivable because endling does not want the story to be spoiled (remember his overanalizing comment?)

Come on, people. Let's just get along.

Its the internt. Its like a 28 days later sequel in here. :P

Postby Amaranthine Ali » Sun Oct 08, 2006 7:23 pm

Geno wrote:
spazmonkey wrote:
wickedali wrote:

Let me ask you a question, spaz. When did you get it in your head to be a total dick to someone for making a legitimate fucking comment?

Seriously, Christ. Take some consideration for other people's feelings, for Gods sakes. Just because someone makes a comment doesn't give you license to berate them. There was no reason for you to be short with her like that. No reason whatsoever. That was just rude. I think she's entitled to an apology.

There's a thing called manners, dude. It's what tells people how to act like decent human beings. Maybe you need a lesson.

Seriously, if you wouldn't act like such a dick to people in real life, why would you think it's okay to do it on the Internet?

Fricking Finally SOMEONE had to say it.

Postby Glahardt » Sun Oct 08, 2006 7:46 pm

Ain't it quite enough already?

Postby spazmonkey » Sun Oct 08, 2006 9:40 pm

wickedali wrote:
Geno wrote:
spazmonkey wrote:
wickedali wrote:

Fricking Finally SOMEONE had to say it.
I might have said everything in a petulant way(due to general aggravation) but I stand by everything I said in that post. Concluding that "it could be possible" is pointless. There was no original assertion, the information was limited(and not really useful) and the analysis was short-sighted. If you have something concrete or useful to say, by all means say it, but saying you don't know is a pointless waste of time. You aren't getting an apology for what I said. I'll probably get less and less patient with this sort of thing as time goes on. I'm getting sick of having to write paragraphs for you.
Last edited by spazmonkey on Sun Oct 08, 2006 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Endling » Sun Oct 08, 2006 9:50 pm

Geno wrote:Question #4815162342-B:

Have you ever tried writing something, besides comics? Like, short stories, poems, that sorta thing? I'm just curious.

I grew up wanting to be an author. Used to write a lot for my own behalf. Yeah I did poems as well, during a god awful angsty phase back in eigth grade through high school. I swear, it never seems to occur to anyone that poetry isn't specifically designed to talk about cutting yourself and proclaiming your uniquely bizarre yet indifferent view of the world. But I can't talk. I went through that phase too. Heh.
But anyway, yeah. Short stories were always fun to write. I loved doing them for various classes because I'd always end up being the one to actually get applauded at the end, on account of liking to make my stuff interesting and funny, even when it was about subatomic physics.

Yes, they are a few pages down from where we are currently at.

Glahardt wrote:What do you think of "untalented artists" who claim to be one of the best? I mean, seriously, thei artwork sucks, OK... I don't look at their stuff, but what if... The foo' claimed to be a great artist even though his/her artworks sucks the big one, what do you guys think about people like that?

I think they don't deserve my time. I have little enough energy as it is, wasting it being frustrated over snooty artists not worth their weight in salt is the last way I'd like to spend even five minutes.
I have my own tastes. So does everyone else. And these 'untalented' artists, as you put it, may have their own particular audience they appeal to, for whatever reason. But that's the thing about art. No one style can be appreciated by everyone.
So I'd sit back and let it slide, personally. Let people be blowhards if they want to. They tend to sputter out eventually. Or they don't, and get crazy rich. Haha. Life isn't always sensible at times.
But I'd never try to advise them. That would be like trying to knock down a brick wall with a trout. (Or a herring for that matter.)

Aneri wrote:Endling, what do you use to ink your art?

I haven't inked a single piece of art in like a year and a half. XD

Um. But when I did ink, I used regular old microns. That 'Sakura' brand or whatnot, in like every art supply store n' such. Nowadays people do a lot of digital inking, but that escapes my grasp. I need a better tablet I guess. My work is just a whole lot of heavy pencils messed with in Photoshop. Hence why Everafter is kind of messy looking in terms of its lines. I dunno. I kind of like it.

And hey. HEY. What's with all this fussing?! You kids settle down back there!! I'll stop and turn these forums RIGHT around, and then nobody'll get to see Santa Claus!! Oh I'll DO IT.

Postby Mr. Mono » Sun Oct 08, 2006 11:40 pm

Endling wrote:But that's the thing about art. No one style can be appreciated by everyone.

Well, they say Polock got really close. Speaking of that matter, do you think art should be elitist or that it should be understandable to everyone?

For example: An artist decides to denounce a social injustice in a 3rd world country. He does the works of art and exibits them. The problem is, the people suffering from that injustice do not understand the meaning of the work and the high, cult people that see the work do understand the meaning but dont do anything about it.

Postby Glahardt » Mon Oct 09, 2006 1:49 am

Endling wrote:I'll stop and turn these forums RIGHT around, and then nobody'll get to see Santa Claus!! Oh I'll DO IT.

Teh noes!
What 'bout Sandy Claws?

Postby Wazit » Mon Oct 09, 2006 2:51 am

Sandy Claws is dead! Endling Killed Him! =O So, when did Endling stop believing in Santa?

Postby Amaranthine Ali » Mon Oct 09, 2006 3:11 am

You two... Santa Claw has always been dead :P

you Children still believe in a something that doesn't exist?

Postby Wazit » Mon Oct 09, 2006 3:44 am

You broke my childhood dreams....

Postby Amaranthine Ali » Mon Oct 09, 2006 3:48 am

=O Sorry Wazit.. -pets- ^___^

I will tell you what, this christmas I will buy you a talking Santa Plushie..

Postby Wazit » Mon Oct 09, 2006 3:55 am

If it slides down the chimney well enough, then all is forgiven

Postby Glahardt » Mon Oct 09, 2006 6:28 am

wazit_blade wrote:If it slides down the chimney well enough, then all is forgiven
Do you even have a chimney?

Postby Wazit » Mon Oct 09, 2006 6:41 am

I didn't say my chimney... *shuns*

Postby Jormungandr » Mon Oct 09, 2006 11:11 am

Where the hell did Santa come from??? why is he in here all the sudden, hes in my head, oh god he won't go away with his funny red boots and annoying white beard... Y'know that Saint Nicholas is actually the patron saint of sailors.

So really hes a fat, jolly, pirate.
Now I am become death, the destroyer of worlds.-J. Robert Oppenheimer, leader of the Manhattan Project

Postby Geno » Mon Oct 09, 2006 6:39 pm

Endling wrote:
Geno wrote:Question #4815162342-B:

Have you ever tried writing something, besides comics? Like, short stories, poems, that sorta thing? I'm just curious.

I grew up wanting to be an author. Used to write a lot for my own behalf. Yeah I did poems as well, during a god awful angsty phase back in eigth grade through high school. I swear, it never seems to occur to anyone that poetry isn't specifically designed to talk about cutting yourself and proclaiming your uniquely bizarre yet indifferent view of the world. But I can't talk. I went through that phase too. Heh.
But anyway, yeah. Short stories were always fun to write. I loved doing them for various classes because I'd always end up being the one to actually get applauded at the end, on account of liking to make my stuff interesting and funny, even when it was about subatomic physics.

Yeah, short stories are fun. Then again, my opinion is biased since that's kinda my thing. I kinda first realized I seriously wanted to be a writer when we had a creative writing assignment for English that only had to be about two pages and I ended up with like twelve.

Writing stories for school is fun. The first story I wrote in creative writing was really emotional, and it almost made one person cry. I think that says something.

I'm pretty sure you were just joking, but if you were serious, I would like to hear that story about subatomic physics. Heh. I think that's a literary movement no ones explored yet.

I'm glad you could make a lot of your short stories funny. For some reason, I could never write funny stuff that well, unless it was dark comedy, that involved people getting tormented. The closest I ever came to making a really funny story was this one Creative Writing assignment I had where we had to write about what would happen if a kid committed minor acts of vandalism in a town where nothing interesting or bad ever happened, so I wrote the town just freaking out. The kid's laughing his ass off watching this until a SWAT team throw a grenade into his house, knocks down his door, pistol whips him in the jaw, knocking some of his teeth out, and shoots his microwave, because it dinged and the SWAT leader just yelled out "SNIPER!" and they opened fire on it. Police choppers assemble outside. SWATs shove him into a van after pistol whiping him some more for "resisting arrest," which apparently standing still in quiet shock falls under. They shove him in the van, drive off into the middle of the woods, he pisses himself, drag him out...and the whole thing turns out to be a scare tactic the police use repeatedly on any crimes to keep the crime rate down. The police then leave, claiming they have to bring their grenade launchers to a case where a little girl littered in the park, leaving the kid standing there in the woods with yellow stained pants.

...well, I thought it was funny. I think that might make me a bad person. Or at least somewhat f***ed up.

That little interlude didn't have much to do with the current topic, I just felt like sharing that, because I never really got a chance to read that particular story out load in class.

Well, anyway, that was really interesting, Endling. Thanks for sharing.

Added after 40 minutes:

Man, that was long. I really gotta stop doing that. It's weird. I don't talk that much in real life, but when I'm typing, I never seem to shut the fuck up. Damn diarrhea of the word processor.

So anyway, enough yammering from me, time for me to actually be productive.

Endling, I've heard you mention Calling Ground, that entry you got published in Rising Stars of Manga before, but I've never actually heard what it's about. So...what is it about? And which volume of RSoM was it published in, so I know which to get if I buy it?
Last edited by Geno on Mon Oct 09, 2006 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Endling wrote:I'm the best at being modest. Ever.

Postby Dusk_Imp » Mon Oct 09, 2006 9:01 pm

Endling wrote:And hey. HEY. What's with all this fussing?! You kids settle down back there!! I'll stop and turn these forums RIGHT around, and then nobody'll get to see Santa Claus!! Oh I'll DO IT.

I thought Sandy Claws was playing poker with Oogie Boogie. Did he spawn as clone or something?
By reading this you promise your soul and first child to me. All babies not ripe and plump are subjected to burnation under the trogdor act of 2003.
The problem is that God gave man a penis and a brain, but only enough blood to run one at a time.

"PPGD Fan"-And Dusk_imp, you too are a riot lol
"Blood Knight"-Dusk_Imp, thanks for making this thread, it's so fun.
:up: :up: :down: :down: :left: :right: :left: :right: B A Select Start

PreviousNext

Return to EverAfter