Warhammer 40, 000 Universe

A hangout for fans of Endling's EverAfter. You aren't required to talk about the comics.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Warhammer 40, 000 Universe

Postby Casmiricus » Tue Oct 31, 2006 12:08 am

Yes, reviving this old thread. I have a question: Are there any Daemonhunters players out there? I'm starting up a Daemonhunters force, and am trying to configure an Inquisitor Lord as a nice surprise for that mean old Eldar Avatar, or my friend's Daemon Prince.

I know I'm taking the Anointed Weapon or the Daemonhammer (Need help deciding) the Grimoire of True names, Sacred Incense and an Icon of the Just. Beyond that I would like some advice, especially to what henchmen to take. I'm already taking three warriors with Meltaguns (Converted using Brettonian/Empire bitz from WHF. They look pretty beastly if I do say so myself) , and I know I'll take at least one Familiar for the +1 initiative and the ability to take a second psychic power.

Beyond that, I'm open to suggestions.

Postby Torgue » Tue Oct 31, 2006 9:24 am

I'd love to help you, but I only play Daemonhunters in DoW.

Postby Wazit » Tue Oct 31, 2006 9:09 pm

Me too... never really got much into the tabletop version

Postby Wraithsight » Wed Nov 01, 2006 5:56 am

Casmiricus wrote:Yes, reviving this old thread. I have a question: Are there any Daemonhunters players out there? I'm starting up a Daemonhunters force, and am trying to configure an Inquisitor Lord as a nice surprise for that mean old Eldar Avatar, or my friend's Daemon Prince.

I know I'm taking the Anointed Weapon or the Daemonhammer (Need help deciding) the Grimoire of True names, Sacred Incense and an Icon of the Just. Beyond that I would like some advice, especially to what henchmen to take. I'm already taking three warriors with Meltaguns (Converted using Brettonian/Empire bitz from WHF. They look pretty beastly if I do say so myself) , and I know I'll take at least one Familiar for the +1 initiative and the ability to take a second psychic power.

Beyond that, I'm open to suggestions.

Never fear the Warhammer 40k man is here!
First off about the Eldar Avatar, really dont worry about it. The thing has an embarrisingly high armour save (only 5+). On top of that it is a size 3 monsterous creature. In english this means that the model can always be shot at even if it is near other models. Combine this with its fairly low toughness (T6) and a bunch of bolter shot will do it in fairly quickly.
I play Eldar so if ya told e what ya friend plays i could give you more detailed info on how to beat it.

As for the Demon Prince, your best bet is to take things that effect demons as a Demon prince with more the 50pts of demonic equipment counts as a demon, but not items that force Demonic instability tests, as the Prince wont have to take them. Depending on what alignment the prince is i would recemond psychic powers and blasting at it with these, or again as with the Eldar Avatar a lot of shot, preferability ones that ingore its normal armour save so i will have to rely on its Inv save. Personaly I would not fight it with your HQ unless it is on its own as the Prince will often be equiped with items that make it ingore both Normal and Inv saves.

Hope that helps in some small way, and sorry to nerd out a bit.
Any day in which I can make someone laugh is a day not wasted

Postby Wazit » Wed Nov 01, 2006 8:17 pm

Sure, it is the norm here. Btw, welcome

Postby Casmiricus » Thu Nov 02, 2006 4:30 am

Yes, welcome to the forums!

However, I guess that by your statements on the Avatar you havn't seen the new codex.

It's now immune to Flamer and Melta attacks.
Has a 3+ Armor save.

But It's still a Daemon. w00t

Postby Darkness_calls » Thu Nov 02, 2006 6:38 am

Welcome Wraithsight, fellow warhammer player.
Now as for the Avatar, it has been changed as Casmiricus has stated. Daemonhunters I hate, they IMO, are way to powerful. But I've only battled them in 40K in 40min so I'm not sure about anything else.

Can't help you mush Casmiricus, but I suggest just to remodel a normal guy since they are really cool!

Postby Panhead » Fri Nov 03, 2006 11:03 pm

Casmiricus wrote:
It's now immune to Flamer and Melta attacks.
Has a 3+ Armor save.

Depending on whether or not it ignores incinerator attacks, and whether or not it has both an inv/normal save, I would pummel it with incinerators and psycannons. I'm no deamon hunters player, but they ignore inv saves correct?

That said, keep a fair distance and shoot it up, avatars in assault are not very fun :P

Postby Casmiricus » Sat Nov 04, 2006 1:47 am

Yeah, Incinerators and Psycannons ignore inv saves. The problem is that the Avatar has both a 3+ Armor save AND a 4 or 5+ inv save. (I forget.)

I'm liking the idea of charging my inguisitor with Daemonhammer, Grimoire of true names, Icon of the Just, Sanctuary and Destroy Daemon, 3 Alcolytes with Artificer Armor and Stormshields, 3 Combat Servitors, 2 Heirophants, and 3 Familiars.

350 points, yes. But nothing, and I mean NOTHING will survive a charge from them. On the charge, that's 14 S6 Powerfist attacks, and 24 S3 attacks. And if they attack back, I've got 3 2+/4+* saves to soak up damage. And If I'm charging a Daemon, 5 of those Powerfist attacks are at Initiative 5, with Re-rolls to wound.

Hee!

That aside, more tidbits from the story I'm weaving together!

The mousy-faced man strode boldly up the stairs to the platform, his slouching posture and resigned expression vanishing with every footstep. By the time he had reached the top he stood straight, shoulders squared, his face a mask of determination with just the slightest hint of triumphant smirk thrown in for good measure.
"Adept! What is the meaning of this interruption!?" Shouted Col. Sodreski.
"I'm sure we were all enjoying your inspirational speech, colonel. However, there are more important things at hand"
The man stepped to the podium, shoving the sputtering colonel aside. He unbuttoned the top part of his tunic, exposing a necklace with a stylized red "I" on the end.
"I am Lord Inquisitor Andronicus of the Ordo Malleus. By Inquisitorial Edict I am taking command of this planet and all it's resources."

Yay! I'm finally starting to figure out my plot line! w00t

Postby Darkness_calls » Tue Nov 07, 2006 4:57 pm

Yeah, Incinerators and Psycannons ignore inv saves. The problem is that the Avatar has both a 3+ Armor save AND a 4 or 5+ inv save. (I forget.)

I'm liking the idea of charging my inguisitor with Daemonhammer, Grimoire of true names, Icon of the Just, Sanctuary and Destroy Daemon, 3 Alcolytes with Artificer Armor and Stormshields, 3 Combat Servitors, 2 Heirophants, and 3 Familiars.

350 points, yes. But nothing, and I mean NOTHING will survive a charge from them. On the charge, that's 14 S6 Powerfist attacks, and 24 S3 attacks. And if they attack back, I've got 3 2+/4+* saves to soak up damage. And If I'm charging a Daemon, 5 of those Powerfist attacks are at Initiative 5, with Re-rolls to wound.

And that is why I dislike daemon hunters lol
Nice story BTW ;)

Postby Casmiricus » Wed Nov 08, 2006 11:25 pm

Darkness_calls wrote:Nice story BTW ;)

Thanks. It's coming together slowly. Oh so slowly.

Previous

Return to EverAfter