Switch to full style
A hangout for fans of Endling's EverAfter. You aren't required to talk about the comics.
Post a reply

Have you ever...

Wed Jul 19, 2006 5:17 pm

run around out in a storm so heavy the rain's coming down in sheets, making it hard to see?

I just did. lol Found about half of a tree that had fallen in the road too. It had fallen on some poor sap's power-line as well.

I was wearing beach shoes and a pair of blue jeans. It was fun.

Wed Jul 19, 2006 5:39 pm

We never get storms here, only ocasional rain which can barely be called rain.
But once I was in Santo Domingo and we saw that a storm was forming. The wind was like crazy and ocasional drops fell. Lucky for me my plane left the very next day.

More on topic:
I remember this time when I was like 9 or 10 when I ran out of the movie theatre and it had been raining. I slipped, fell on my back, hit my head, and for some reason dreamed that I was one of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. I needed to have some x rays taken after that.

Re: Have you ever...

Wed Jul 19, 2006 6:30 pm

Yep.. that I have. I was dancing on the balcony at my apartment once during the rain I was so happy it was raining......

Then on the other side of the coin.... I had gotten off the bus to walk the rest of the way to my work and it was pouring down rain.. when it hadn't been raining when I left. I was unprepared and was literally soaked to the bone by the time I got to work. Of course, after being in the downpour for less than a minute, I was soaked to the bone. So it hadn't mattered much. Made for a very long shift!

Storms are awesome.. the best one I saw was in British Colombia when two storms met over the Okanogan Valley

Wed Jul 19, 2006 7:13 pm

Lingrem wrote:Storms are awesome.. the best one I saw was in British Colombia when two storms met over the Okanogan Valley
THAT sounds like it was huge...

Wed Jul 19, 2006 8:16 pm

I have done that twice before, once because my friend dragged me out of the house, and once because I just randomly felt like it. But on rainy days I tend to draw and read books, it calms me.

Wed Jul 19, 2006 8:31 pm

I am drawn toward storms. Whenever one starts up, I like to sit out on the porch and watch. I got wet just doing THAT this time. This storm was so strong one of the buildings in town got its roof blown off.

Wed Jul 19, 2006 10:02 pm

sounds like fun

Wed Jul 19, 2006 11:25 pm

Very fun. Very wet fun.

Wed Jul 19, 2006 11:55 pm

do you live on the east coast, Stellos? Cause we got a HUGE STORM up north, and your post is around that time....or were you just asking for the hell of it? :P

Thu Jul 20, 2006 12:09 am

Actually I do live on the East Coast.

Thu Jul 20, 2006 2:48 am

I witnessed a tyfoon this year. t'was pretty cool, eventhough the place I live(d) in didnt get more than a day full of torrential rain.
still, its pretty fun to see little rivers form down the mountainside.

Thu Jul 20, 2006 3:57 am

In my area (southeast asia) there arent any real storms.
We call it a storm when theres more water than usual.

Thu Jul 20, 2006 7:25 am

Oh, Carab which part of SEA you live in?

Fri Jul 21, 2006 12:00 am

I come back on my previous post, TODAY was the most rain I've ever seen.
seriously. not only was the river down the hill nearly to my ankles, and most of the route to school was kinda flooded, we had a small mudslide.
'twas pretty cool, if I didnt have my hands full with all kinds of crap, because its my last day in Japan...

Fri Jul 21, 2006 7:24 am

Okay back to your homeland, Crash?

Fri Jul 21, 2006 8:27 am

wazit_blade wrote:Oh, Carab which part of SEA you live in?

Malaysia, a so called little potato of the world

Fri Jul 21, 2006 8:52 am

;) Eh don't worry I happen to live there too

Fri Jul 21, 2006 11:29 am

I don't really go outside when there is thunderstorm. I never usually do that, because it's too dangerous.

Fri Jul 21, 2006 12:35 pm

yay Oregon! X3

Fri Jul 21, 2006 11:23 pm

I just had a thunder storm but the whole time I had to worry cause a stupid cat was up in the tree and I felt bad for it. Though now half the tree is gone after the strom.

Fri Jul 21, 2006 11:32 pm

And what of the cat?

Fri Jul 21, 2006 11:35 pm

"Have you ever, ever felt like this,
When strange things happen,
Are you going round the twist?"

Sorry, the title reminded me of an old show.

Fri Jul 21, 2006 11:38 pm

Eh? What show is that?

Fri Jul 21, 2006 11:41 pm

wazit_blade wrote:And what of the cat?

Its in the squirrel nest in the tree, its really funny cause now the squirrels are always making noises, the cat is ok I think.

Fri Jul 21, 2006 11:41 pm

Round The Twist. I doubt you would've heard of it.
Post a reply