Also, in the spirit of keeping things relatively interesting while the old junky prologue is still updating its slow-arse keester at Snafu, I was considering holding a number of mini-contests and such. I thought, perhaps, leaving some things in the story open for people to design. The only prize would really be having it used throughout the course of the story, though.. so if that's not good enough, I could give you a kidney maybe?
The contest ideas are:
- Design the Everafter asylum's emblem. This is the emblem that goes on the special faculty vests, the exterior parts of the asylum.. and on their official holiday greeting cards. This was the old sketch emblem I made, just so you could see where it was going in my mind:
But I'm sure you guys could come up with something awesome. Up to you!
- Make yourself or one of your characters into an Everafter nurse/doctor/soldier, to be used as dispensable fodder in the background of certain fight scenes. :XD: Now if you're like me, you love your characters, but don't object to seeing them torn asunder by a saw blade or torched by a flamethrower for a good laughs sake. So if you want, just suit one of your characters up in a nurse or guard uniform like in the prologue. (It'd help to add ridiculous festoonery to their costumes, as the guards in the prologue were fond of. And of course the nurses have their really really tall hats..)
- Design a robotic, fairy-tale themed guard for use as the asylum's backup force when the soldier count is running low. (Which it almost always is, thanks to Red.) You know, like those rolly-bots in Star Wars or something, only they'd need to have a fairytale theme..
Ahem. To submit an entry, just post your image on DA or any other image host you use, and send me the link. You can submit as much as you like.
The prize is.. well it's not so much a prize as having a character (or characters) you designed featured in the Everafter comic.
There is no set deadline, but I'll probably be rounding up the best designs (that most fit the story) at the end of the summer and displaying them here, and of course, fitting them into the comic somewhere.
What you need to get started:
1) Some artistic skill. Can't really help you here.
2) Link to Endling's DA page:
3) Continue to support SNAFU comics and affiliates. [shameless plug]
Entries so far:
(Will be updated as they are found)