the "Help Yuske" Fund

Primary discussion forum. Also, feel free this use as a hangout for fans of the funny non-story based comics.

Moderator: Mod Squad

the "Help Yuske" Fund

Postby Yuske » Thu Apr 20, 2006 7:24 am

yeah... I'm fucked. so damn fucked. I need to raise US$2k =/ or else, I'll have to sell my notebook, my pc, my ps2 (which is broken, so I won't be able to sell), my kidneys and so on... o.o
does anyone have any ANY ANY idea? =p

or yeah, if u're the real kind kind of person and want to donate anything, every dollar counts =p I have paypal ^_^

and... yeah, that's it o.o

Postby Diesel Kane » Thu Apr 20, 2006 7:38 am

I'm broken. But good luck.
MEX-I-CAN'T ~Acktoo
hey man what was that show that only gay douchebags like called again? Oh yeah, it's One Piece ~Dave

Postby zepherin » Thu Apr 20, 2006 8:19 am

How fast do you have to come up with 2k and why?
Zeph do you ever tire of being perfect? ~Dave
Zeph is still awesome though. ~Rival
I love you so much right now Zeph. ~Yoshi
I love you Zeph. You and your simple yet humorous topic-breakers. ~Coos
Zeph has left me inspired. ~Mathias
Zeph is so awesome even soulless bits of binary worship him. ~Wizard
Curse YOU ZEPH! CURSE YOU! ~JesusChrist
WE ARE SORRY THAT WE ARE NOT AS PERFECT AS YOU, ZEPH! ~Stufflikehearts
Zepherin for forum queen and writer of the best seller "how to screw your brethen up for dummies". ~ The Mirak

Re: the "Help Yuske" Fund

Postby Ty » Thu Apr 20, 2006 8:57 am

my guess is drugs

Postby KingOfRock » Thu Apr 20, 2006 9:16 am

Ty wrote:my guess is drugs

or gambling debts... you never know.

Postby freeyourmind775 » Thu Apr 20, 2006 9:36 am

Well, you can dress up and stand outside a gay bar...
THen again, thats probably where the debt came from...
***My favorite Video***
How well do you know me (So what if I'm a trend whore?)
Gamertag: Intelguy775
The story of my Deployment
The funny thing is that the crime looked well thought out. If he hadn't beaten himself into submission he might have made off with some serious loot. -Spazmonkey
Australia won't be joining with England until they apologise for dumping us on an island :( -Yoshi
Bubbles aren't sharp. -Ace of Flames
Figures an all powerful ring wouldn't be enough for a woman. - Halo

Postby zepherin » Thu Apr 20, 2006 9:38 am

drugs may be the answer not the problem. If I had to raise a lot of money real fast I'd probly sell a kee of cocain or meth.
Zepherin for forum queen and writer of the best seller "how to screw your brethen up for dummies". ~ The Mirak

Postby freeyourmind775 » Thu Apr 20, 2006 9:40 am

HA, i guess i should offer some advice so i don't feel guilty about the gay prostitution joke...
So lets see...
HERES AN IDEA:

Mine some copper, then smelt it into copper bars and sell them on the AH for 25 silver. You should get 2 gold in no time.

Anyway, in all seriousness, Why not just get a job?
I mean, i get about 2k a month.

Or, if you play WOW and have some decent stuff, sell it on Ebay.

Wait, your 22, Find one of those places that pays for your blood. Or, goto a college and volunteer to model for an art class, or volunteer for scientific experiments.

If all else fails, use the great-american money-making plan:

SUE SOMEONE!
***My favorite Video***
The funny thing is that the crime looked well thought out. If he hadn't beaten himself into submission he might have made off with some serious loot. -Spazmonkey
Australia won't be joining with England until they apologise for dumping us on an island :( -Yoshi

Postby Diesel Kane » Thu Apr 20, 2006 9:44 am

Ty wrote:my guess is drugs

Or prostitution.
MEX-I-CAN'T ~Acktoo
hey man what was that show that only gay douchebags like called again? Oh yeah, it's One Piece ~Dave

Postby freeyourmind775 » Thu Apr 20, 2006 9:47 am

YOu know, if you want to sue someone, i'll pretend to be your lawyer.
I've always wanted an excuse to fill a suitcase with Cheerios...
***My favorite Video***

Postby zepherin » Thu Apr 20, 2006 9:48 am

nude art model pays pretty good. Like 100 bucks a day for like 6 hours worth of work. (if you even want to call it that) If I could find a place close that would hire me for that I totally would that.

Postby freeyourmind775 » Thu Apr 20, 2006 9:49 am

Thing is, they mostly look for people ages 18-21 because there are less features. No wrinkles, no belly, less hair in places other then your head...
***My favorite Video***

Postby zepherin » Thu Apr 20, 2006 9:50 am

ugg I'm so old.

Postby Nix » Thu Apr 20, 2006 10:09 am

Get a job, hippy.

Postby Yuske » Thu Apr 20, 2006 10:39 am

well... let's see, first: I don't live in US, remember that =p second... nop, no problem with drugs or prostitution =p my problems are named Tim, Mastercard and Visa, you guys probably know those... cel phone and credit cards.

let's talk about the ideas... no, I don't play wow, when I used to play there I sucked really bad. man... I wish I knew who to contact to sell some shit and raise the money fast, coz I really know the people who would buy xD

people here in Brazil are so used to donate blood for getting a job-free day that there's no where like in US/UK/anywhere else where they pay for your blood. and... man, I need the money in 5 days (that's the expiration date for my bills =p ), not 50 years, so I can't think about sueing someone (yeah, justice here SUX, even more than I suck at wow).

Added after 2 minutes:

oh yeah, and I already have a job at a bank... and the contract I signed to work here says that I can't have another job =D I'm so fuckin happy with it! =D

¬¬

anyway, problem is I bought a notebook last month, and someone (ex-girlfriend, now missing, her parents are searching for her... probably they'll find only her body, but I bet they won't >.>) abused my cel phone for the last 4 months, giving me something like US$1.5k of cel bill

Added after 1 minutes:

and, of course, I was kiddin about her parents finding only her corpse u.u but I'm not kiddin about the ex-girlfriend >.>

Postby Brax4 » Thu Apr 20, 2006 10:42 am

I wish I could help seeing as though I make $100 a week and I'm only 16... But uh... I have no paypal or anything... Best of luck to you there buddy...
Oh... And about that cell-phone abusement... I'd contact the cops... Though that would have been a better idea to tell them as soon as they started... lol...
[ LVL 131 ]

Postby zepherin » Thu Apr 20, 2006 10:44 am

Well how does the credit system work in Brazil. Just don't pay your cell phone bill. Or tell them you don't have that kind of money and tell them you can only pay it off piece wise. Or take out a loan against some equity if you have it.

Postby Onizaru » Thu Apr 20, 2006 11:19 am

Yeah... unles there is some serius ramifacations like jailtime or it doubleing the cell phone bill can wait. I know credit card bills go up. If you sell the thing you bought with the credit card to pay of the credit card bill I will send my UCAV after you. That is just iresponsibility. You said you work at a bank but you need money. Do i need to send you a bootleg of inside man and some othere movies. Seriously about the bank thing though. Why not get a super good loan with them, if your allowed, if there will be any serious ramifications such as jail time for the othere bills. That is probly not an options though cause I know your not that stupid. I have been trying to find my paypal password for days. And when i do gosh darnint you can expect some munnydollars to come your way.

Postby Dave » Thu Apr 20, 2006 1:03 pm

yeah Onizaru and them are right. Report the cell phone as stolen tell the cell phone company it wasn't your fault. See if you can get the abused charges taken off entirely.

Most likely they'll work with you on some of it.

2nd get a loan. it'll be a LOT smaller interest than a credit card for sure.

3rd live CHEAP for a month or 3 and you'll be fine problem solved. With that said what is your pay pal? Couldn't hurt to you know tell us the address.
WiNg0o wrote:To be honest I thought Dave just existed. In the beginning there was Dave.
Administrator

Postby Nix » Thu Apr 20, 2006 1:29 pm

As a former Collections and Repo Agent, you'll forgive me for being harsh, but I've heard it all before and answer is obvious:

Return the laptop you bought.

If everyone would just learn to live by a simple rule called "If you can't afford it, don't buy it" the world would be a much nicer place.

That's rough about your cell phone, now you've learned a valuable lesson, don't mix friends/girlfriends and money. Either report it stolen, turn the bill over to her parents, or pay it and be done with it.

As for your one job, that should be plenty to pay your bills. Credit cards have minimum payments, if you don't want to return your laptop, and you still have to pay that phone bill, then get a second card or line of credit from your bank, load the phone bill onto it and pay the minimum payments till you have enough to wipe it out.

Yes, it sucks, but that's what happens when you live beyond your means.

Postby freeyourmind775 » Thu Apr 20, 2006 1:43 pm

FLEE to another country :)
***My favorite Video***

Postby Dave » Thu Apr 20, 2006 1:52 pm

Hmmm Nix is fairly right there are definately ways to deal with this issue besides just "get more money".
WiNg0o wrote:To be honest I thought Dave just existed. In the beginning there was Dave.
Administrator

Postby Horu » Thu Apr 20, 2006 2:03 pm

Yeah when I read your first post I nearly jumped to conclusions and post its your fault whys hould I care. Then to be nice, i'm in a very happy mood, I thought i'd just read all of the posts to make sure you weren't trying to do something worthwhile or whatever.

Now of course I have read all of that and my first impression was correct, which I expected. I have no sympathy for you spending other peoples money to buy yourself things, then freaking out when you realize that you have to pay it back.

Like nix I also had to do collections at one point, of course it was with companies that owed ME the money so i'm a bit more harsh about it.

Postby Dave » Thu Apr 20, 2006 2:12 pm

No Horu you misread. His girlfriend used his cell phone and racked up the bill for $1.5 k not the other way around.
Administrator

Postby Yuske » Thu Apr 20, 2006 2:45 pm

'kay, 'kay, I deserved the "don't mix friends/gf with money"... and yeah, I won't complain on Nix being harsh to me u.u actually, the "gimme money thru paypal" wasn't serious... I'm really happy to see some of you would gimme a help. I opened the thread more for tips and ideas on what I could do.

1st: about the laptop, nop, no way I'm returning it. I need it for work and my studies. about the loan on bank, it won't help, like I said, this wasn't the first month, the cell phone bill build up from January, so the good loan I could get has already been taken, I can only end up making some bad loan, which will make me pay like twice the ammount I need in 21 months.

I've been emailing my grandad, asked him for a few tips too, and he asked how much I needed. Dunno if he'll help with money, but anyway... another thing, cel bill can't wait, I need the cel for work too =/ it sux to be me xD

but anyway, thanks again for all the ideas, even though some may not work here in Brazil like they probably would on US/UK/Uwherever, they help me develop some ideas here...

Next

Return to Snafu General Discussion