Funeral Crashers

Primary discussion forum. Also, feel free this use as a hangout for fans of the funny non-story based comics.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Postby Acktoo » Wed Apr 05, 2006 12:45 pm

What's the limit on Yahoo mail?
Too good for you.

Postby Lengeta » Wed Apr 05, 2006 12:52 pm

Sorry Wings, didn't send because the file wasn't done attaching and I left it just sitting there. You should have it now though. Sorry for having this conversation in the forum people, I just suck. A lot.

Postby Wings » Wed Apr 05, 2006 1:19 pm

Hah, we only expected it to take up a post or two and it ended up being a page long or something.

I now have two copies. Whoo.
sig.

Postby Mr. Noia » Wed Apr 05, 2006 2:05 pm

nice little story. I agree with whoever said 'kinda nasty but in a videogame so really not' first in other, and of course more words.
45k a year for gay sex? That's a man-hooker wages I'd say. Still worth it. ~ Dave

Postby Dave » Wed Apr 05, 2006 2:35 pm

I dunno guys a video game funeral isn't that out of the question. I mean they really were friends. Online friends are still friends. they're still people that interact with each other. Just because the medium isn't face to face doesn't mean it's not valid. With that said online friends feel the pain of a death of an online friend just as much as any other person would. And an online funeral is really the best they could do.

With that said it was stupid to announce it on a forum and on a pvp server etc. So yeah the funeral although weird as hell really isn't that weird. it was a decent idea. But yeah seeing them actually line up etc. in the video... yeah it was a bit fucked up. But the idea is valid.
WiNg0o wrote:To be honest I thought Dave just existed. In the beginning there was Dave.
Administrator

Re: Funeral Crashers

Postby Vidfreek » Wed Apr 05, 2006 4:17 pm

Man I'd LOVE for there to be a huge gankfest at my funeral. If someone did that to me and I somehow miraculously found out I'd laugh my arse off.

Postby Lengeta » Wed Apr 05, 2006 4:22 pm

Yeah, it's an MMO, and I think an in-game funeral was totally called for. I'm sure several of them showed their respects in many other ways beyond in-game as well. But ganking like this belongs in the game just as much.

Postby BobSagat » Wed Apr 05, 2006 4:27 pm

Despite my overall disapproval of the whole attack and the fact that the fuckers decided to brag and talk trash about it in front of everyone on Illidan, I think that the deceased would have somehow liked it.

I mean... despite the death of the girl, she still played her main on PvP, which would merit at least some interest. Perhaps if she had thought about the whole situation before her death, she might've laughed.

Although that's just my opinion.

But seriously, you don't shit talk the god damned dead.

Or the god damned mourners.
ImageImageImageImageImage
2pro

Postby Skorri Siggeir » Wed Apr 05, 2006 4:28 pm

Or gank the god damned mourners..

Or gank the god damned dead >.>

Postby Lengeta » Wed Apr 05, 2006 4:36 pm

BobSagat wrote:Despite my overall disapproval of the whole attack and the fact that the fuckers decided to brag and talk trash about it in front of everyone on Illidan,...

I think it's retarded they take pride in what they've done as well. But these are the true greifers, and bragging on the forum about crashing a funeral is definatly greifing. They've done a very good job at their job, people are pissed.

Postby Rival » Wed Apr 05, 2006 4:48 pm

Dave wrote:I dunno guys a video game funeral isn't that out of the question. I mean they really were friends. Online friends are still friends. they're still people that interact with each other. Just because the medium isn't face to face doesn't mean it's not valid.

It's not the same though, you don't know-know the people you are "friends" with. I mean you may know some slight details about them, but it's not like you can validate their behavior, and make sure in what state of mind they are, and what emotions they are feeling at the moment they are talking with you, since you can't see their facial expression and body movement. All you know, about an online friend, is what he wants you to know. So real life friendship is always a lot deeper, than online friendship, because you have a better knowledge about your friend, and there is less room for superfical behavior and lies.

Re: Funeral Crashers

Postby chrisb » Wed Apr 05, 2006 6:55 pm

Kamisutra wrote:
chrisb wrote:Since I hate WoW, it basically took my cousin's social life away and I got pissed when he left school activities to play this game all day, I would have no problem if it was a fake funeral. But it was such a sweet gesture for a poor girl who died and the people who ruined it were just plain awful, I.

So basically, you're blaming a very good Game for the fact, that your cousin displays an absolute lack of self-control, and doesn't know when to stop playing.

On-topic, how was that a sweet gesture? It was a retarded gesture to say the least. When someone dies, and you liked him, you simply pay the respects to his actual grave. You don't make an in-game funeral for his MMORPG Alter-Ego, that's just idiotic. It's a FREAKING Game, people act like assholeish gankers at times, BIG DEAL.

I completely agree with Cas and Layne, the bunch of Emos should've seen it coming.

It's just my opinion, I just feel that way about it now, what can I say? I just hate it for that reason.

Well maybe they didn't know her very well and they couldn't get to her funeral so the best they could do is that whole game funeral thingy. So I say it's a sweet gesture because they tried to do something, even if it was poorly planned, but I don't know anything about WoW and how it works so I say maybe they just wanted the funeral to be nice and forgot about finding a way to like protect it or whatever.

And let's be respectful for the girl who passed away, even though I agree suicide is selfish and all that let's just leave those comments out of this and leave the girl alone.
I'm a moderate liberal and proud of it.

Postby Cali Defender » Wed Apr 05, 2006 7:00 pm

Normally Id agree with showing respect for the dead.

But someone who took their own life? I see no reason to show respect. I take cowardice very seriously, I would have body humped her in the middle of the raid. Wouldnt even matter whose side I was on.

Postby InterimOfZeal » Wed Apr 05, 2006 8:08 pm

Layne, couldja send me both songs, yo? I PM'ed ya with my e-mail.
Dave wrote:wait... bobsagat is asian? Really? When did THIS happen?

Jay wrote:A horrible accident during an audition halved the length of his penis.

Postby Dave » Wed Apr 05, 2006 9:08 pm

Kamisutra wrote:
Dave wrote: So real life friendship is always a lot deeper, than online friendship, because you have a better knowledge about your friend, and there is less room for superfical behavior and lies.

less room for superficial behavior and lies? I dunno dude. online I feel people can truely 100% be themselves with zero backlash to their actual lives. i.e. people who are douchebags online are ACTUALLY douchebags in real life but in real life there are concequences so they fake act like decent people. Where as people who are cool online are actually cool people in real life as well.

Unless of course your a creepy child molester trying to trick others into online personal gain. Which despite what the news would LOVE to have you believe honestly how often does that happen out of the millions of people out there?
WiNg0o wrote:To be honest I thought Dave just existed. In the beginning there was Dave.
Administrator

Postby Jay » Wed Apr 05, 2006 9:10 pm

I am, Dave.

We can visit elementary schools together.
Internet Celebrity ToastCrust
Twitter | Transistor Glamor | FFXIV: Lenini Leni (Hyperion)
RP Mod of the 3rd Astral Era

Postby Dave » Wed Apr 05, 2006 9:15 pm

elementary schools are for amateurs. I stalk birth wards in hospitals.
Administrator

Postby Jay » Wed Apr 05, 2006 9:20 pm

Pfft, who said that was it? Only appetizer man. You have to go preggy hunting and pull out the undeveloped fetus while it's fresh.

Yeah, even I'm feeling a bit sick...
Internet Celebrity ToastCrust
Twitter | Transistor Glamor | FFXIV: Lenini Leni (Hyperion)
RP Mod of the 3rd Astral Era

Postby the unknown one » Wed Apr 05, 2006 9:45 pm

Jase wrote:Yeah, even I'm feeling a bit sick...

Good to know I'm not the only one... o.O

Wii friend code: 1913-7777-4738-9261

Location: my time's spent between the wonderful state of Denial and Ohio

Postby BobSagat » Wed Apr 05, 2006 9:49 pm

I barfed sperm.

GYAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

*Gasp*

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

*Gasp*

BWHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

I ALMOST DIDN'T PUT THAT UP!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
2pro

Postby Luffy » Wed Apr 05, 2006 10:08 pm

Well, since she took her own life, I wholefully support the funeral raid. That bitch had it coming for being a greedy coward.
Image"It's ever so magical to discover that nearly every adult you've ever met, particularly your parents, has been lying to you for as long as you can remember for absolutely no reason, and that has never ruined the holiday for anyone at all, fuckers."-Awthe, saying what every little boy and girl should be saying when they find out Santa isn't real.

Postby BobSagat » Wed Apr 05, 2006 11:15 pm

And so goes the awesome example of a dumbass talking shit about serious situations while having absolutely no idea what's going on.

God bless.
2pro

Postby Luffy » Wed Apr 05, 2006 11:22 pm

I understand that she commited suicide, and therefore doesn't deserve any sort of respect of any kind. And that's all I need to know, because people who kill themselves are worthless pieces of shit.
Image"It's ever so magical to discover that nearly every adult you've ever met, particularly your parents, has been lying to you for as long as you can remember for absolutely no reason, and that has never ruined the holiday for anyone at all, fuckers."-Awthe, saying what every little boy and girl should be saying when they find out Santa isn't real.

Postby BobSagat » Wed Apr 05, 2006 11:25 pm

The display continues!

If only every person's worth could be understood by one simple fact of them! It'd be damned perfect.

I mean... it's not like there weren't circumstances, I mean surely, if she killed herself... it must have been for no reason at all!

And finally... considering that you can be so rash and simple-minded over complicated matters, who would want your respect?
2pro

Postby InterimOfZeal » Wed Apr 05, 2006 11:27 pm

While Luffy may not be as... eloquent as I, I kind of agree with him.

While she may get some respect, she's not really entitled to it.
Dave wrote:wait... bobsagat is asian? Really? When did THIS happen?

Jay wrote:A horrible accident during an audition halved the length of his penis.

PreviousNext

Return to Snafu General Discussion