Funeral Crashers

Primary discussion forum. Also, feel free this use as a hangout for fans of the funny non-story based comics.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Funeral Crashers

Postby Skorri Siggeir » Wed Apr 05, 2006 12:54 am

chrisb wrote:Since I hate WoW, it basically took my cousin's social life away and I got pissed when he left school activities to play this game all day, I would have no problem if it was a fake funeral. But it was such a sweet gesture for a poor girl who died and the people who ruined it were just plain awful, I don't think it's right that their one of their mothers died but hopefully they'll learn that treating people with respect online and offline is important because if you don't, it'll come back and get you. May both the person's mother and the funeral girl rest in peace.

Completely agreed

chrisb for the win.

Postby Nora » Wed Apr 05, 2006 1:04 am

Dave is right, it was a female player. Who comitted suicide at the age of 25.

Honestly, I think them holding a funeral for the character was purely out of respect, but it was also very poorly planned. They should have posted guards, or not held it in a PvP area.

Although I remember hearing that they held the funeral at that particular spot because the player liked that particular lake where they were holding the funeral.

I don't actually play WoW, so I don't know much, outside of a lot of people with no lives play the game, apparently.
私は人形じゃない。

Postby Skorri Siggeir » Wed Apr 05, 2006 1:13 am

See this fucking sucks dick.

People see WoW players as lifeless dick's with no soul, when they just play it as a hobby. Sure there are some diehard hardcore ones with indeed no life, but at least 65% is people who just play it for some fun on the weekends.

Damn you bastards and your broad generalizations of the respectable Gaming Community.

Postby Dave » Wed Apr 05, 2006 1:47 am

there is no such thing as a respectable online gaming community.
WiNg0o wrote:To be honest I thought Dave just existed. In the beginning there was Dave.
Administrator

Postby Skorri Siggeir » Wed Apr 05, 2006 1:50 am

Actually my uncle is a respectable online gamer.

He goes to work doing heavy construction, I think he lays down floors for MCI or sumsuch, and when he gets home, she showers, and plays some WoW for about 2-3 hours. Watches some T.V. With the wife and sleeps..

He is I think a lvl 60 undead warlock.. something like that.

So yeah, There is dave.
Last edited by Skorri Siggeir on Wed Apr 05, 2006 2:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Jay » Wed Apr 05, 2006 2:18 am

Skorri Siggeir wrote:Actually my uncle is a respectale online gamer.

Oxymoron.
みんなのモデレーターToastCrustだよ★
Twitter | Transistor Glamor | Tumblr | MAL

Postby Serpico » Wed Apr 05, 2006 2:48 am

Just thought I'd sign up to give this little analogy:

A group of friends plays paintball together at a certain paintball park. One day, one of the friends dies and the rest decide to hold a memorial service at the paintball park. During the service, some other people who occasionally play at the park run in and start shooting the people at the service while yelling "lol noob".

Had this been me that died, I'd like to think my friends would find this somewhat comical. However, I highly doubt that the majority of other people would think so.

(sorry for the whole one post and leave thing, but i hope this stimulates discussion)

Postby InterimOfZeal » Wed Apr 05, 2006 2:50 am

Construction does not an honourable man make.

I personally find this to be kind of funny. I would probably initiate something like this (to most of Snafu's charigne, it seems). You want to hold a funeral? Great. You want to hold a funeral in a PvP section? Okay, you better have guards that can rape me six ways sideways, otherwise, I may just capitalize on it. It depends on my thoughts towards the person.

Plus, if she really did commit suicide, I could care less about being all nice online. Sure, if one of my friends committed suicide IRL, I'd go to their funeral. But that doesn't mean I wouldn't be a little pissed about them being so selfish and whatnot. That's just me though. I've never been good with the mentally unstable, present company excluded, for the most part.

Also, I was wondering if anyone had Scat Man, as well as Let The Bodies Hit The Floor. I need to make up a few mixes for CCCT5, and I'd love to add these songs to the playlist.

I won't deny that this is all sorts of fucked up, but honestly, it's a game. Nice gesture or not, if you really want to show respect for someone, instead of being a bunch of lazy ass bastards and CONTINUING to play that damn game, get up, go to Wal-Mart, buy a card (see? You don't even need to make one!), write your condolences, and send it, perhaps with a little extra money.

It's a GAME! C'mon now!
Dave wrote:wait... bobsagat is asian? Really? When did THIS happen?

Jay wrote:A horrible accident during an audition halved the length of his penis.

Postby Dave » Wed Apr 05, 2006 2:51 am

bah your not leaving your staying forever just because.

Welcome to the forums even if you do decide to leave.
WiNg0o wrote:To be honest I thought Dave just existed. In the beginning there was Dave.
Administrator

Postby Alex74 » Wed Apr 05, 2006 2:53 am

Hello and Welcome to the fourms.

Postby Skorri Siggeir » Wed Apr 05, 2006 2:53 am

A Hallmarks card

On the front is a knife in blood.

"Im sorry your emo daughter slit her wrist"

Signed by- Serenity Now Member- (Name)

X100

Personally, I'd never want to get that.

Postby InterimOfZeal » Wed Apr 05, 2006 2:53 am

Also, Serpice, Paintball, while still a game, is a little more... real. Your corpse would actually be there, not some randomly collected data. I could see someone getting upset at a real funeral, but not some online get-together.

Also, if I ever commit suicide, I hereby give ALL of Snafu permission to come to my funeral, after all of those who would be upset, shocked, etc. have left, and totally eff my corpse up.

Yes, even Luffy would be allowed to.

Jay wrote:A horrible accident during an audition halved the length of his penis.

Postby Skorri Siggeir » Wed Apr 05, 2006 2:54 am

If you commit suicide?

*grabs his corpse from the VCR*

Postby InterimOfZeal » Wed Apr 05, 2006 2:55 am

I doubt Serenity Now would have done that. Seriously. It's a game. They know the difference, apparently, the rest of the morons on the boards don't (WoW boards, I mean).

Okay, bedtime, I'll come back later.

Postby Rival » Wed Apr 05, 2006 6:47 am

chrisb wrote:Since I hate WoW, it basically took my cousin's social life away and I got pissed when he left school activities to play this game all day, I would have no problem if it was a fake funeral. But it was such a sweet gesture for a poor girl who died and the people who ruined it were just plain awful, I.

So basically, you're blaming a very good Game for the fact, that your cousin displays an absolute lack of self-control, and doesn't know when to stop playing.

On-topic, how was that a sweet gesture? It was a retarded gesture to say the least. When someone dies, and you liked him, you simply pay the respects to his actual grave. You don't make an in-game funeral for his MMORPG Alter-Ego, that's just idiotic. It's a FREAKING Game, people act like assholeish gankers at times, BIG DEAL.

I completely agree with Cas and Layne, the bunch of Emos should've seen it coming.

Postby Wings » Wed Apr 05, 2006 9:48 am

I've just recently added to my will. Basically it says that when I die, I want all my friends to have a huge online game of Tetris, deliberately lose, then bitch about it.
sig.

Postby Zarak » Wed Apr 05, 2006 10:15 am

HA! Serves them right for pulling that shit on a fucking PvP.

If any of my friends decided to waste server space celebrating my demise (not that it'll ever happen since I'll outlast them all by at least 9000 years), my spirit would promptly return to this mortal coil just to give each of them a solid kick to the colon. The fond memories of my legendary awesomeness need not be tainted by the embarassment of a memorial service held in an online game.
Communists hate freedom.

Postby Lengeta » Wed Apr 05, 2006 10:49 am

InterimOfZeal wrote:Also, I was wondering if anyone had Scat Man, as well as Let The Bodies Hit The Floor.

I have both.

Postby Wings » Wed Apr 05, 2006 10:51 am

Scat Man. Email me. Now plz. willeth at gmail dot com :)
sig.

Postby Lengeta » Wed Apr 05, 2006 10:53 am

4.8MB, I don't think gmail likes attachments that big. Let me throw it onto filefront.....

Postby Wings » Wed Apr 05, 2006 10:54 am

Gmail allows up to 10 meg.
sig.

Postby Lengeta » Wed Apr 05, 2006 11:07 am

Oh... well Filefront didn't like it, so...

Bah, what's your email, PM me if you must.

Added after 7 minutes:

Sent.

Postby Wings » Wed Apr 05, 2006 11:20 am

It's, um, what? Four posts up.

willeth at gmail dot com.

Added after 12 minutes:

Not arrived, dude. Are you sure you spelled it right? A lot of people spell it 'willith', not 'willeth'.

Thanks, by the way. :)
sig.

Postby Smaug » Wed Apr 05, 2006 12:08 pm

If Layne can't do it I can at least send Scatman via MSN or something. You need to invest in Limewire.

Also, if anyone actually felt that a WoW funeral would be that important to them then that is just pitiful.

Postby Wings » Wed Apr 05, 2006 12:14 pm

I'd get filesharers but my bugger of a Uni network only has about two ports open. My MSN: wings@techie.com.
sig.

PreviousNext

Return to Snafu General Discussion