Chrono Trigger

Primary discussion forum. Also, feel free this use as a hangout for fans of the funny non-story based comics.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Postby HaloGray » Wed Jan 22, 2003 11:14 am

That's pretty good actually.. you should turn that into a comic, I had a good laugh at that.

Postby Wildcard » Wed Jan 22, 2003 11:27 am

I'm putting it i my list of funny things I may one day use. TCS isn;t much of a video game comic...but I am doing some flash animations where it could fit. Speaking of, any good voice actors in here?
[22:38] <DJ_Cyni-Cole> you're tell me, a writer, that books are lame?
Jesus fuels with 89 Octane and so do I. Eat it, heritics. -Halo

Postby Lengeta » Wed Jan 22, 2003 6:08 pm

I might be good at acting like I'm a good voice actor.

Postby Smaug » Wed Jan 22, 2003 6:34 pm

I'm thinking me n dave are right when it comes to teams. if yer buff enough it dont matter who you have on yer team. and Magus, Chrono, and Frog are THE cool team.

Kris what is chrono trigger? well dave summed it up cept his was lacking caps and "!"s but other then that yes. I cant believe you didnt know...

Sephiroth would have been the coolest but he is such a PUSSY final boss. I mean before then you see him just like kickin ass everywhere. then you get to him as the final boss and get kinda left saying "what the hell? thats all?"

Postby Wildcard » Wed Jan 22, 2003 7:44 pm

I dunno about you but my Cloud ws super saiyan level bazillion by the end.
[22:38] <DJ_Cyni-Cole> you're tell me, a writer, that books are lame?
Jesus fuels with 89 Octane and so do I. Eat it, heritics. -Halo

Postby Kris » Wed Jan 22, 2003 8:31 pm

Smaug wrote: then you get to him as the final boss and get kinda left saying "what the hell? thats all?"

That's what I said when I got to the end of FFX

And I apologize for my lack of CT knowledge. I have neither played nor even seen the game.
Kris: that's Han Solo
Nix: That guys always smoking foo's
Nix: He be all "Nigga Vada please!"

Darkstar Studios
----------------------------------------------
Wildcard: Kris is the most beautiful man alive
Kris: aww, thanks Wayne

Postby Dave » Wed Jan 22, 2003 9:22 pm

Wayne I've wanted other companies to pass their characters to Nintendo to make a great game out of them for YEARS. cough Sega cough. I mean seriously I'd have a perma boner if Sonic and Shadow ever went up against Link and Samus. I mean seriouisly who wouldn't enjoy that?

Kris the CT thing is fine I mean at the time we were like well kids and kids just don't know. By the way Kris they have a Crono Trigger remake for the PS one. Final Fantasy Anthology or something. It's the same game except it's run off of an emulator so there is some drop in quality of graphics but not a big deal and there are also PS one load time (A BIG Deal holy crap man.) but the upside is movies. a HUGE deal I want it so bad.
WiNg0o wrote:To be honest I thought Dave just existed. In the beginning there was Dave.
Administrator

Postby Kris » Wed Jan 22, 2003 9:59 pm

Oo... I think Scott has anthology... I'll ask...

*asks*

Yup he does... mebbe I should check it out?
Kris: that's Han Solo
Nix: That guys always smoking foo's
Nix: He be all "Nigga Vada please!"

Darkstar Studios
----------------------------------------------
Wildcard: Kris is the most beautiful man alive
Kris: aww, thanks Wayne

Postby Smaug » Wed Jan 22, 2003 10:52 pm

there is no mebbe about it. well yes there is but ya you should. and dave i dont even wanna think of the problems havin a perma boner would present.

Postby Can O Ninja Repellant » Wed Jan 22, 2003 10:59 pm

i have the CT rom on my FTP
[/plug] :snoogins:
It's like sunscreen for Ninjas

Postby Flux » Thu Jan 23, 2003 4:28 pm

Ayla will deal straight-nines with a regular attack, at level seventy. I had no trouble killing the crap out of lavos with her, on her own. Even at level fifty.

Magus was unable to compete.

But that's not even the reason I don't like him.

Magus and characters like him, (Such as Vincent Valentine) were invented so that people who had a misguided sense of cool would latch onto them, wholeheartedly. Because I mean, what could be cooler than an assholish and apathetic form of Bruce Willis (you know, in "Last Man Standing") who does nothing but say cryptic and DARK lines. And wear all darker colors (at least they didn't have him wear black) and then give him all sorts of DARK magic. And then on top of it, give him a weapon that is symbolic of death, but isn't a weapon at all. (It's essentially the same as arming him with a flower-pot.)

This is how kids acted in middle school when they were still shaking off the last of their 'Hey, let's use our IMAGINATIONS to play' phases.

To a kid, any brutish asshole will look cool, as long as he's glorified to the point of being a hero.

I rember when I was a kid, I wanted to be JUST like Mike Tyson, because nobody fucked with Mike. Mike Tyson was a raging asshole and he was mean to everybody, including his fans. Michael Jordan, however, who is a good and kind person, didn't get the same degree of respect from me.

Magus fits into this equation, because he is a characterological equivalent to Mike Tyson. I even liked using him when I first got him, (during play, I was in seventh grade) ...because I was a stupid crap-headed lameass middle-school kid.

But by the end of the game, I had matured a little (like... two weeks), and he was replaced by a nicer, kinder party. One involving Ayla, Marle and Crono.

(Even though I wasn't a huge fan of Crono, I was always afraid that romantic storyline elements would be skipped over if I didn't always have the main guy and his girl in the party at all times.)

So anyhow, there you have it. I don't think he's cool, because he was designed for the sole purpose of being cool to a childish perspective, and of course he was an asshole sadist fuck in the process.

But you've all met the people who try and emulate him.

Man, I've had to bust some serious heads because mofo's thought they could push me around with their "Magus Attitude."

I do not like being pushed around by idiots with some superiority complex. I only like being pushed around by hot chicks in bikini's.

Postby Nix » Thu Jan 23, 2003 5:58 pm

Well congratulations on winning the 'Hyprocrite of the Year' award. Not only did you manage to proclaim yourself the most mature person here, but you did it while spewing profanity, insults and googles of grammatical and spelling errors.

Good work, Mike Tyson would be proud!

Postby Flux » Thu Jan 23, 2003 6:22 pm

Heya champ, go take your "magus attitude" somewhere else. (EDIT: And by that, I mean, somewhere other than in my face.)

----------

EDIT: Pardon, I do realise upon reading again, that it sounds like I'm degrading your choice of characters, and proclaiming myself super mature man. Sorry about that.

When in my original intent of the post was to only to degrade people who acted like Magus, and think themselves "the shit".

If you've ever met one, you'd know what I mean. (UGH)
Last edited by Flux on Thu Jan 23, 2003 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Nix » Thu Jan 23, 2003 6:26 pm

Are you inbred or just stupid? Its 1/3 my forum, genius.

Dave, don't be surprised if I end up making another example.

Postby Flux » Thu Jan 23, 2003 6:33 pm

You're the one who seemed to have a problem with me in the first place, princess.

Ban me, or whatever it is you were planning to do. I'm only here because Dave is a rad guy.

Postby Nix » Thu Jan 23, 2003 6:34 pm

Sounds like a plan, I'll make the request tonight.

Postby Flux » Thu Jan 23, 2003 6:34 pm

*Wink*

Postby Dave » Thu Jan 23, 2003 7:12 pm

Bah you guys don't agree on your favorite characters on Crono Trigger lets just leave it at that shall we? And Flux your not getting banned and Nix we don't need an example he hasn't really attacked you he's just stating his opinion on a GAME. Maybe you didn't like the "way" he stated it but it's still JUST an opinion and should be treated as such. I can see why you wouldn't like it but meh. I'm sure you guys could agree on something else and very much so like each other. Maybe you two shouldn't post about Magus anymore perhaps?

Flux I can see your reasons for not liking Magus because he's THE badass of the century and aparently you don't like badasses. Perhaps because the real life "badasses" weren't people you liked so it's understandable. The rest of us do seem to like the generic badass with his bad assedness and the stuff that bad asses do and stuff.

bad...

ass...

ass ass.

But yeah closing thread now and that way we can talk of other things. like the power of cheese.
WiNg0o wrote:To be honest I thought Dave just existed. In the beginning there was Dave.
Administrator

Previous

Return to Snafu General Discussion