Naruto 156

Primary discussion forum. Also, feel free this use as a hangout for fans of the funny non-story based comics.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Naruto 156

Postby Vis » Thu Oct 20, 2005 9:50 am

"I am angry."

Lee is such a badass.

A better ep than last week, but the curry stuff is still bloody stupid. I'm also getting a bit fed up with how drab everything looks - all the rocks and rain makes everything look a bit bleh.
Zepherin: Vis is on the snickers bar redbull and hot night sex regiment.

Location: With a wink and a wiggle and a twirl of my walking stick...

Postby Krusz » Thu Oct 20, 2005 10:45 am

If they have any more filler archs after this I am going to kick someone in the head.
http://www.bigbrickwall.com
It's kind of a good site. (Reliable)

Postby Vis » Thu Oct 20, 2005 11:07 am

23 more weeks, my friend.

Postby Rival » Thu Oct 20, 2005 11:18 am

I'm starting to get nuts with all the Curry nonsense. And is it me, or was the Animation in this episode a lot less fluent, than normally? Especially, during the scenes were Ten-Ten avoided Raiga's attacks.

On the other hand, I actually like the rock and rain scenery, makes the fight look more dramatic. Also, this episode proved to me without a doubt, that Raiga is definitely Naruto's version of Eneru(Enel).
Stanisław Lem wrote:I hadn't known there were so many idiots in the world until I started using the Internet.

Postby KingOfRock » Thu Oct 20, 2005 11:52 am

When will the fillers END? if this keeps up i'll move on to bleach untill the real naruto eps start again.

Plus i couldn't agree with you more on the whole curry thing its just dumb.

Re: Naruto 156

Postby Shockro » Thu Oct 20, 2005 3:37 pm

Lee is still awesome.

The Curry thing and ESPECIALLY THAT PISSANT KARASHI suck.

I don't really care about fillers as much as everyone else but I really want THIS particular one to end.

Postby Kazuo Kiriyama » Thu Oct 20, 2005 3:45 pm

and coming next, Konohamaru Corps filler!

Postby Shockro » Thu Oct 20, 2005 3:47 pm

Oh god no, maybe I do it want the fillers to end as much as the rest of you now.

Postby Vis » Thu Oct 20, 2005 3:50 pm

Yeah, that Karashi fellow's attitude flip-flops more than the rubber sole based footwear of the same name.

Postby Rival » Thu Oct 20, 2005 4:33 pm

Yeah, I do believe that Karashi guy replaced Ino, as my least favorite Naruto character.
Stanisław Lem wrote:I hadn't known there were so many idiots in the world until I started using the Internet.

Postby Vis » Thu Oct 20, 2005 5:08 pm

I'm so disappointed that the Lee and Neji arc is so lacklustre. It could've been awesome. We could've had Lee OUTRUNNING LIGHTNING. Instead we get some unexplained magic this kid can do that CONVENIENTLY screws the byakugan but, really, still has astonishingly little effect on how the battles go.

Postby Dave » Thu Oct 20, 2005 11:59 pm

This arc is by far the worst one EVER. This episode fucking BLEW. Currently Riaga died but then the didn't so the kid gave his life to save him but then didn't. The kid super sucks and so doe Raiga. He even looks dumb I hate his fish lips. Neji got pwned big time before he could do anything. Rock Lee didn't do much. The Curry thing is so fucking stupid. The kid who cooks curry couldn't possibly be more fag tastic even if he were taking two for the team at the same time. Ten ten fighting was awesome except it was drawn like ass. I'm just really mad at this episode and next one looks worse.

And I dont' mind filler arcs I generally really like them but this episode blew. I"m with Vis Rock Lee Neji should have been amazing but it's so lack luster it stings.
WiNg0o wrote:To be honest I thought Dave just existed. In the beginning there was Dave.
Administrator

Postby Mr. Noia » Fri Oct 21, 2005 3:47 am

it's been some time since all of you have been complaining about this apparantly HUGE filler. so I was wondering, at which episode did it actually begin, because naruto with me is 102, and not a single one further.

and, off course, fillers blow, even if they are cool. :unsure:
45k a year for gay sex? That's a man-hooker wages I'd say. Still worth it. ~ Dave

Postby Rival » Fri Oct 21, 2005 5:12 am

Mr. Dutch wrote:it's been some time since all of you have been complaining about this apparantly HUGE filler. so I was wondering, at which episode did it actually begin, because naruto with me is 102, and not a single one further.

and, off course, fillers blow, even if they are cool. :unsure:

The filler arcs started with episode 136, there were four arcs(one after another that is) until now. In fact, episode 102 is also a part of Naruto's "Race" filler arc, so there were five filler arcs in total during the whole series, until now.

And no, not all fillers blow. It's just, that good fillers are very very rare, especially in the Shounen genre. Since the original creator doesn't write the stories, filler arcs often don't have that certain "touch", without the Mangaka's influence in storywriting.

Postby Dave » Fri Oct 21, 2005 9:52 am

These fillers could have been good and some were and I really liked a lot of the ideas behind thme. The Hinita filler was awesome. This one is just such a dissapointment it's killing me.
WiNg0o wrote:To be honest I thought Dave just existed. In the beginning there was Dave.
Administrator

Postby Dorian » Fri Oct 21, 2005 3:37 pm

I'm really dissapointed with this arc. I can't say I expected much to begin with, but when you have a team with Neji and Rock Lee in it, being two of my favorite characters, you can only hope that some cool shit will happen. So far, it has not.

Sure, Lee is still a badass, with his standing up after being struck by lightning, however the fact that he TOOK HIS WEIGHTS OFF for this guy, and still couldn't do shit really pisses me off. This guy is not that powerful and the fact of the matter is, they could easily have had Lee zoom around and kick his ass. No one would have questioned it. In fact, it would have seemed right. Instead, they made him win anyways, taking Neji AND Naruto out of the battle before they could do anything at all.

For someone who has hidden power inside him that helps him when he's in trouble, Naruto sure has been wothless during these arcs. The whole thing with that kid's power being stronger than Byakugan, but still being pretty useless makes me laugh as well. Raiga started out cool with his burying people alive and stuff, but now he's just an idiot.

Don't get me started on the curry thing. I would accept it if it was just another humor thing. Hey, this curry saved Lee's life, everyone else try it! Ahh so hot! End of story. No, they have to make it all serious, like it's actually saving lives and making it a plot point. Ridiculous.

I think i've ranted enough for now. If what Dattebayo's caption is right, we have 23 more weeks of filler episodes... This is one of the reasons Bleach is my favorite anime now.
Never asked for this

Postby Dave » Fri Oct 21, 2005 3:52 pm

Yeah Dorian I agree this arc was suck tastic times 50. And it should have been fucking awesome. Oh well.
Administrator

Postby Kazuo Kiriyama » Fri Oct 21, 2005 8:00 pm

"In a very recent speech given by the producer and owner of Studio Pierrot (the studio that produces the Japanese Naruto anime in Japan) in Vienna he answered a lot of questions surrounding the series, perhaps surprised that so many people outside of Japan were so up to date with Naruto. When asked when the fillers would end he replied: "Naruto will grow in the series. This part... with grown-up Naruto will air Spring 2006 in Japan - there'll also be a new movie next summer. And we are currently working on a movie for Bleach". This means that when the seventh season of Naruto begins next week it will be solely dedicated to fillers, and at the beginning of season 8 (27 episodes from now) we should see the anime following in the mangas footsteps."

Why, God?

WHY?!

Postby Flux » Fri Oct 21, 2005 9:29 pm

Is this arc worse than the FOOTRACE arc Dave?

Remember the footrace arc? EH? EH? GOD DAMNIT THAT WAS A MILLION EPISODES LONG AND EVERY ONE WAS BORINGER THAN THE LAST. *SNOOZ*

Postby Rival » Sat Oct 22, 2005 4:54 am

Flux wrote:Is this arc worse than the FOOTRACE arc Dave?

Remember the footrace arc? EH? EH? GOD DAMNIT THAT WAS A MILLION EPISODES LONG AND EVERY ONE WAS BORINGER THAN THE LAST. *SNOOZ*

If I remember correctly, Dave actually loved the "Race Arc", Flux.

Oh, and thanks for the info, Kazuo. Wow a Bleach Movie, awesome. I don't really care about 23 more episodes of filler, since I read the Naruto Manga, I'm up to date on the cool stuff every week.

Postby Dorian » Sat Oct 22, 2005 5:03 am

Too bad black and white still pictures suck ass.
Never asked for this

Postby Dave » Sat Oct 22, 2005 11:09 am

23 more episodes of filler serious? How is that even possible?
Administrator

Postby Rival » Sat Oct 22, 2005 12:25 pm

It's not so unusual, other long Anime series like Detective Conan or Inuyasha had lots of fillers too. Though not one arc after another back to back, like in this case.

Postby Exploding Penguin » Sun Oct 23, 2005 6:03 pm

Hopefully they'll be able to get some interesting ideas for that... plenty of characters they can do filler on still, and they have the Kakeshi Gaiden thing.

I'd really like to see some filler for Asuma's team.
"An army of squirrels is still an army" - Squirrel Mob, Magic the Gathering.

Postby Kazuo Kiriyama » Sun Oct 23, 2005 8:53 pm

Next

Return to Snafu General Discussion