Primary discussion forum. Also, feel free this use as a hangout for fans of the funny non-story based comics.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Postby HaloGray » Fri Jan 17, 2003 1:57 pm

To Fuitad:
Don't worry... Alex usually bitches about........ everything. He's what you'd call a perfectionist and a small amount of control freak mixed in there. Those are excellent qualities in person actually, just something to look at when being.... well... bitched about.
*No hard feelings to Alex... his comic rules all because of the above mentioned traits*

ASTERISK! ... Anyway...

Contact wise... you have many different ways for people to get a hold of you... and normally people stop at the first one they find. Granted those were all made when TWC was your source of income and job... but now that you've cut back a bit..... so you know... you could eat and stuff.... perhaps you should cut a few down. That way you can see alerts much faster and it's less confusing for those trying to contact you.

For the record, I'm still very happy with TWC in general, and still spend a good chunk of my time browsing the forums. My opinion of TWC has in no way been hurt by any of this. Things are still all good.
I admit I was frustrated when the forums didn't come back instantly.. but it was more with the fact they had to be taken down in the first place. So yeah, all is well.

The End.

Postby Nix » Fri Jan 17, 2003 2:00 pm

The following is a transcript of the email I sent to Pierre as a follow up.

Hi Pierre,

I saw the transcript of your comments that Comrade posted in the forum, and I want to clear a few things up too.

When I posted this:

"That way you're on a commercial grade server with top-notch security, PLUS the PHP forum in use here is opensource goodness, which means its much more secure. "

I didn't mean it as an insult or accusation or anything like that. I was under the impression that you ran your own private servers at home (I do this myself for several low end servers). Maintaining top notch security is very difficult these days what with all the patches and updates you need to constantly apply (I know from experience) so all I was trying to say, was that I thought we may be safer in an environment managed by a professional webhost as opposed to an individual (which is one reason we don't use my server).

If that came across diffently, than I appologize whole-heartedly as that was not my intent. Believe me when I say that I appreciate all that you do for my comic, as well as the comics of others and I certainly don't harbor any ill feelings towards you.

--Nix

Postby Wildcard » Fri Jan 17, 2003 2:45 pm

I've been with at TWC almost since its opening. I've donated money (not a lot but at least some), and I had my forums on their. If anything I regretted us CAUSING problems at TWC (with the site getting bombed by SA), and never once thought of Pierre as anything but just really busy. If you are reading this Fuitad, sorry for any misleading ideals.
[22:38] <DJ_Cyni-Cole> you're tell me, a writer, that books are lame?
Jesus fuels with 89 Octane and so do I. Eat it, heritics. -Halo

Postby Dave » Fri Jan 17, 2003 3:04 pm

hmmm Well I hope ~I~ didn't offend him in anyway. I do think TWC rocks (it's by far the best at what it does) I just thought Fuitad was too busy and I thought I'd lessen his load by leaving. Besides I feel bad about the whole SA thing to. I mean Fuitad doesn't deserve any of this shit.
WiNg0o wrote:To be honest I thought Dave just existed. In the beginning there was Dave.
Administrator

Postby Nix » Fri Jan 17, 2003 3:18 pm

I also just like the idea of having my own forum that *I* control directly. It's like operating my own website that *I* built, it's a pride thing to be able to say "This is ours, and WE built it".

Postby Dave » Fri Jan 17, 2003 3:24 pm

well I just e-mailed him I do hope he gets it.
WiNg0o wrote:To be honest I thought Dave just existed. In the beginning there was Dave.
Administrator

Postby Can O Ninja Repellant » Fri Jan 17, 2003 6:56 pm

we love you pierre! w00t
It's like sunscreen for Ninjas

Postby Nix » Fri Jan 17, 2003 7:21 pm

You're alone on that one.

Postby Can O Ninja Repellant » Fri Jan 17, 2003 7:39 pm

why? because he didn't respond to something that you don't have to pay for fast enough because he needs a job to eat? even if i could do what pierre does, i never would voulentarily. he's a-o-k in my book.
It's like sunscreen for Ninjas

Postby Alex2 » Fri Jan 17, 2003 10:06 pm

Do I really bitch that much? :-
- Alex

The Unifed Earth Alliance - Mecha, Love and Adventure abound!

"The American Taxpayer has always been lied to. It is his birthright."

Postby Nix » Sat Jan 18, 2003 1:18 am

No, I don't 'love' him, because I don't know him. I think he seems ok.

I would like to point out though, that I sent out an actual appology, even though I don't feel I did anything wrong, and I haven't heard anything back.

Postby Dave » Sat Jan 18, 2003 1:37 am

I haven't gotten anything back either. Maybe his e-mail is just broke cuz this has been like probably my 7th atempt at contact with this guy and still nothing. I mean he even spoke to us through DJ. I don't get it.
Administrator

Postby HaloGray » Sat Jan 18, 2003 2:22 pm

Alex wrote:...

Do I really bitch that much? :-

Of course you do... look at you... you're bitching about you bitching!

PS. I'm just fucking with you, and I have been this whole time. Sorry for any hurt feelings.

Postby Alex2 » Sat Jan 18, 2003 5:26 pm

*whew!*

I think it's interesting that Fuitad complains that I'm complaining, but I'm "still being hosted". Obviously, he hasn't read my comic (recently), visited my TWC forums, or listened to what I've said in many other forums at TWC.

Otherwise, he'd know that I'm hosting my own forums on my own server right now. :snoogins:
- Alex

The Unifed Earth Alliance - Mecha, Love and Adventure abound!

"The American Taxpayer has always been lied to. It is his birthright."

Postby HaloGray » Sat Jan 18, 2003 10:21 pm

I think he was talking about the top150 and etc... also if you're not using his forum you should let him know and he can cut the bandwidth.

Postby Dave » Sat Jan 18, 2003 10:24 pm

Yeah Alex you should tell Fuitad about it so he can close your forum. It would save space and bandwidth. It's almost sad that everyone is taking their forums else where. I don't think any of it was related but it's strange it all happened relatively the same time. Oh well I do hope it lessens Fuitads server bills. I mean seriously this could be the biggest donation to him I've ever made. (in theory.)
Administrator

Postby Nix » Sat Jan 18, 2003 10:45 pm

I don't know about space or bandwidth so much, but it's annoying to have dead forums left up.

As for why everyone is moving at once, 3 of us were together to begin with, so when one moves, everyone moves.

Other than that, I think more and more people are realizing they do all their chatting here anway, so theres really no point in maintaining their own seperate one.

Return to Snafu General Discussion