dream career

Primary discussion forum. Also, feel free this use as a hangout for fans of the funny non-story based comics.

Moderator: Mod Squad

dream career

Postby Lengeta » Wed Jan 15, 2003 4:57 am

There are about 4 different careers I would LOVE

1-Secret Agent. Sadly, this would be a very dangerous job, but hot damn it would be fun. Sneaking around buildings, shooting ppl, commanding different squads of men, all the quick-thinking stratigic planning would be so great. But, this will never happen.

2-Wheelman. I would also love to drive a car around the streets, violating all the driving laws, and going fast, and being good at it would rule. But, getting arrested will happen basically no matter what, so this job would also really stick. Just be really fun.

3-Video games. I don't care: playing, programing, developing, creating characters, whatever. I wanna do it. Hopefull this is where I'm headed in life, we'll see. (I think I'll probly end up some worthless faggot computer programmer)

4-Art. I was just thinking of how much money some people make off doing things like web comics. Sure, they are kind of dicks for asking for donations, but still, some good months they get like $1000 or something. If I could get my art and stuff good enough to even roll in something like $100 a month, that would be SOOO COOL. I like the idea of sitting around drawing, and making money. Right now, I'd love to have an awsome web comic or something artsy, and a low hour part time job. That would be so great.

And with that said, I really think I want to do something online. Now, don't get me wrong, I expect to make NO, ABSOLUTLY NOTHING, off of my works, besides some fans that seriously LOVE the stuff I do. So, what do you people think? Do you think I could pull something off at least as nice as the web comics around here? And I don't nessesarly mean web comic, just ANYTHING with me drawing.

Postby Alex2 » Wed Jan 15, 2003 5:08 am

My dream job would be to get paid for making Sara and David. Course, if I did, I'd try doing it 5 times a week or so...
- Alex

The Unifed Earth Alliance - Mecha, Love and Adventure abound!

"The American Taxpayer has always been lied to. It is his birthright."

Postby zepherin » Wed Jan 15, 2003 6:00 am

the art and video games would be a pretty good job, being a secret agent would good until you got captured and tortured, being a wheelman would be cool until a drunk driver hit you at a stop light and cost you 10k in car repairs.
Zeph do you ever tire of being perfect? ~Dave
Zeph is still awesome though. ~Rival
I love you so much right now Zeph. ~Yoshi
I love you Zeph. You and your simple yet humorous topic-breakers. ~Coos
Zeph has left me inspired. ~Mathias
Zeph is so awesome even soulless bits of binary worship him. ~Wizard
Curse YOU ZEPH! CURSE YOU! ~JesusChrist
WE ARE SORRY THAT WE ARE NOT AS PERFECT AS YOU, ZEPH! ~Stufflikehearts
Zepherin for forum queen and writer of the best seller "how to screw your brethen up for dummies". ~ The Mirak

Postby Wildcard » Wed Jan 15, 2003 9:44 am

I plan on getting paid for some form of my art one day. It'll probably end up being animation of some sort though.
[22:38] <DJ_Cyni-Cole> you're tell me, a writer, that books are lame?
Jesus fuels with 89 Octane and so do I. Eat it, heritics. -Halo

Postby Nix » Wed Jan 15, 2003 11:59 am

1. US District Attorney: I would just DIE to be a US District Attorney, I don't think anything could be more fun than arguing law for a living and putting scum away.

2. US Bounty Hunter: (Yes, they DO exist). Being a Bounty Hunter would be sweet. Living in cheap motels, nothing but you car, your clothes and your weapons. Eating take-out food... Oh yeah. Getting PAID to chase down low-life rapists, child-predators and drug dealers, theres a good job.

3. DEA Agent: Working for the Drug Enforcement Agency would be helluva cool, I'd actually get paid to track down dealers.

4. CIA Clandestine Operative: As Layne was saying, theres just something alluring about being trusted with dangerous spy-work.

5. Repo Man: I know this one SOUNDS lame, but did you know that Repo Men don't just come and reposess things politely? They actually STEAL cars, boats, air planes, jewelry, whatever, LEGALLY. Thats the thrill of the job, outsmarting people and managing to steal their stuff, but without worrying about getting in trouble for it.

6. Made Man in the Mafia: I'm fascinated with every aspect of Organized Crime, I've always dreamed of being in the Mafia, I think it would be cool. Except for the getting killed part, that would be less cool. It's one of those jobs that would never happen, that even if I was offered I doubt I would take, but THINK of the bragging rights!

7. Police Officer: I'm pretty sure everyone here knows I want to do this. It's been a dream of mine to be a Cop since I was like 10 years old, and its probably the only 'Realistic' career I have on here. Just something about being paid to defend the weak and innocent really sounds good to me. Plus, the job is so dynamic, its never the same, and you get all the action you could ever want WITHOUT having to worry about breaking the law yourself.

Postby Can O Ninja Repellant » Wed Jan 15, 2003 12:14 pm

haha nix. #5: mafia #6: police. that's some nice contrast.

my dream jobs:

forensic psychologist: getting into the heads of killers in order to help track them down. booya

professional magic player: i really liked magic (the gathering) but it was too expensive. if i was good enough to make a living off of it like some people do, that would be cool... for a while at least.

nba player: getting paid millions to play ball in front of thousands of adoring fans and millions of viewers? yeah that's just a little cool.

professional videogame player: getting paid to mess you up in halo would own everything.
It's like sunscreen for Ninjas

Postby Nix » Wed Jan 15, 2003 12:17 pm

I know it doesn't seem to make sense, but to me it does. I crave action, and a dynamic work environment in any career, so I think that if you look at it that way it DOES make sense.

Postby Can O Ninja Repellant » Wed Jan 15, 2003 12:21 pm

it makes sense, but it's still funny.

Postby Dave » Wed Jan 15, 2003 2:00 pm

My dream jobs are

making a cartoon ala South Park or a fighting style one like Dragon Ball Z (except American you know it would be better without that weird Japanese shit they pull)

Making Video Games It's what I'm going for. Screw the programing aspect though.

Comics would be neat to do for a living (by living I mean summer job for a year tops. I'd hate to do this for the rest of my life.) but it's just not feasible. I don't think I would feel good asking for donations all the time and if I did, like Alex said, I would make it daily and put a LOT more time into each comic.

owning a business. If it's not something to do with the top two choices then my business will probably be something along the lines of buying a Franchise (EB) store and just living off it for the rest of my life.
WiNg0o wrote:To be honest I thought Dave just existed. In the beginning there was Dave.
Administrator

Postby Wildcard » Wed Jan 15, 2003 2:14 pm

I gotta agree with Nix on the Bounty Hunter and Repo men jobs. Repo men freaking rock cause like he said you get to steal stuff. Plus some of the situations get hostile and you have to pull out your "self defense" measures. Its like living the life of a criminal but legally.

Postby Nix » Wed Jan 15, 2003 3:19 pm

w00t FINALLY got a damned call-back on a job. Pays REALLY good to start, but no company car.

I'd be a driver which is kinda cool. Basically no work involved, but I would have to put up with stupid people on the road all day. Still, for the money they're offering I'll happily do it.

Interview is this coming monday, and they said all they have to do is give me a quick test to verify I can drive, then theres no real training involved since I just drive people to different places. Starts immediately.

Easy money.

Postby Wildcard » Wed Jan 15, 2003 5:21 pm

dirving what kind of people? Sounds awesome though. Especially if its a nice car.

Postby HaloGray » Wed Jan 15, 2003 5:32 pm

Chances are it's a van of some sort... not too many companies give youo new corvettes to drive people around in...

My dream job is virtually anything in the tech realm...
Only I need to either to work independantly from an office (or at least a boss).. or be the manager or run my own business.

Basicly, I hate the idea of being just another employee. Somebody expendable to save the company budget... I'd really like to climb above that.

Postby Wildcard » Wed Jan 15, 2003 5:37 pm

Vans can rule man. Big vans especially. And as long as it has a good stereo in the front, I'd be good to go.

Postby HaloGray » Wed Jan 15, 2003 5:39 pm

Ha! My mom recently got a new minivan and I test drove it about a month ago... the thing has fuckin sub woofers.

Nothing is funnier then driving around Chicago in a minivan blasting music. Great times.

Postby Wildcard » Wed Jan 15, 2003 5:45 pm

I've seen low rider vans before...they make me laugh. Supposedly one had hydraulics...I wish I could've seen it.

Postby Nix » Wed Jan 15, 2003 6:15 pm

FUCK.

No, you use your own vehicle, but of course my idiot parents don't want me too. I have $3,000 saved up to buy a car, I would have to use their car for like 2 weeks (1 paycheque) and by then I would be able to by a car and insurance. But no, "We can't let you wear out one of our cars driving around town!". HA HA FUCKING HA. Moms car is a piece of shit that couldn't possibly GET any more "Worn out" and dads is just under 200,000 KM already, like another 2 weeks of driving is going to kill it.

I offered to PAY them to rent me the car, $200/week plus the gas, "No". I offered to BUY one of their cars for $2,500 (much more than they are worth) "No".

So now I'm back to having no money and no hope again.

Why the FUCK do I even try?

Postby Kris » Wed Jan 15, 2003 6:44 pm

My dream job is winning the lottery so I never have to do anything ever again.

Or something of that nature.
Kris: that's Han Solo
Nix: That guys always smoking foo's
Nix: He be all "Nigga Vada please!"

Darkstar Studios
----------------------------------------------
Wildcard: Kris is the most beautiful man alive
Kris: aww, thanks Wayne

Postby Nix » Wed Jan 15, 2003 7:01 pm

My dream job is to not be a jobless bum for the rest of my life.

Postby Kris » Wed Jan 15, 2003 7:07 pm

If I could afford it, I'd love to be a jobless bum.
Sit around and eat, watch movies, and play video games all damn day long. Plus, ya know, since I could afford to be jobless, I could probably afford all the anime I wanted, too. And to travel to places I've always wanted to go. And see every show on Broadway.
Kris: that's Han Solo
Nix: That guys always smoking foo's
Nix: He be all "Nigga Vada please!"

Darkstar Studios
----------------------------------------------
Wildcard: Kris is the most beautiful man alive
Kris: aww, thanks Wayne

Postby Devolved » Wed Jan 15, 2003 7:35 pm

My dream job is to make a manga as elite as Akira
Kronikel Kaisoreax
54 ogre shaman
Thoulexxe Paels

RE: nix's new job

Postby Can O Ninja Repellant » Wed Jan 15, 2003 8:32 pm

what happened to that office job you mentioned a few days ago?
Last edited by Can O Ninja Repellant on Wed Jan 15, 2003 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Nix » Wed Jan 15, 2003 8:32 pm

Kris, it sounds better than it is, believe me. You cannot imagine how horribly people look at you when you tell them you're unemployed. Its like you just walked up, and punched them in the face.

I would say it has to be the most humiliating thing I have ever experienced.

Postby maxx_unlimited » Wed Jan 15, 2003 9:30 pm

1. Batman.

Postby Nix » Wed Jan 15, 2003 9:50 pm

I don't know, Can O, I haven't heard anything back from them since.

Next

Return to Snafu General Discussion