Hi new guy here

Primary discussion forum. Also, feel free this use as a hangout for fans of the funny non-story based comics.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Hi new guy here

Postby Squeaky91 » Sat Apr 26, 2014 2:01 am

Hello everyone, I am Squeaky91. I read the snafu comics and I love them. I am up to date with the one about Powerpuff girls and Grim Tales and I'm going to start on Sugar Bits once I get my laptop back. Things that ya need to know about me. I am 22 years old, I am male, and I like Rpin. My favorite show growing up was and still is Dragon Ball Z, and now I have joined other fandoms including Doctor Who, Mighty Morphan Power Rangers, Mortal Kombat, and many more. I'm glad I joined this site and hope to meet new people. If ya need to know anything else by all means ask.
I am Reptile, and I do not answer to you. Fight!

Re: Hi new guy here

Postby Havoc » Sat Apr 26, 2014 2:13 am

Hello there. I'm always happy to see a fresh face here at Snafu, so welcome. Before posting any further, I recommend you read the rules and the comic notes. Also if you like RPing, then we have a Role Playing thread.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Squeaky91 » Sat Apr 26, 2014 2:21 am

Thank you. I have looked at the rules and I will read the again once I get my laptop back on Monday. I have looked in the Rp area but have not posted in there yet. I do plan to post in it and try to start an rp. Once again thank you for the warm welcome.

Postby Tenshi Nova » Sat Apr 26, 2014 4:16 am

New people are fun, yay fun! Welcome! :D
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Archrival » Sat Apr 26, 2014 2:31 pm

Squeaky91 wrote:Thank you. I have looked at the rules and I will read the again once I get my laptop back on Monday. I have looked in the Rp area but have not posted in there yet. I do plan to post in it and try to start an rp. Once again thank you for the warm welcome.

As a RP veteran I suggest you join an RP before you think about creating one, this way you get an easier insight into how the forum works as we don't allow RPs to be made right off the bat.
SUPPPAAAHHH

Postby Squeaky91 » Sat Apr 26, 2014 4:10 pm

Are there any you can suggest that have spots open?
I am Reptile, and I do not answer to you. Fight!

Postby Archrival » Sat Apr 26, 2014 4:30 pm

There's 'Once Upon Atyme' Which is similar to the tv series 'Once Upon A Time' in that it focuses on various story based worlds, but it's set within those worlds like Ahz (Oz), Grimoire (Brother Grim), Unterland (Wonderland) etc. There's 'Shadowrun' based on the classic RPG and tabletop game. And lastly that's seems to be active is Dragon Age: Divided Kingdom which is set in the Dragon Age world based on the game of same name.

Edit: Oh and (Re)Destroy/(Re)Build but you'd have to peer into that OOC to see what that's about.
SUPPPAAAHHH

Postby OrangeBee » Sat Apr 26, 2014 8:08 pm

Welcome aboard the madness! We eat newbies flesh, so better hide somewhere in the spam forum. We're too attracted by the madness there to notice you hiding in the rules section...

You'll be safe there....
THE OFFICIAL SHITPOSTER

Exodis: Image us as the Camelot, the guy going as a troll/Krest, and Hiroko as... the bunny.
ShitPoster

Postby Mir@k » Sat Apr 26, 2014 8:27 pm

The spam forum is the best place to hang out to blow off some steam. Welcome to the forums!
Last edited by Mir@k on Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Wulfespinndel » Sun Apr 27, 2014 3:26 pm

Squeaky91 wrote:Hello everyone, I am Squeaky91. I read the snafu comics and I love them. I am up to date with the one about Powerpuff girls and Grim Tales and I'm going to start on Sugar Bits once I get my laptop back. Things that ya need to know about me. I am 22 years old, I am male, and I like Rpin. My favorite show growing up was and still is Dragon Ball Z, and now I have joined other fandoms including Doctor Who, Mighty Morphan Power Rangers, Mortal Kombat, and many more. I'm glad I joined this site and hope to meet new people. If ya need to know anything else by all means ask.

Power Rangers is nice, but I think the community could use a little more tokusatsu fans around here, and there is a few actually, myself included. I mean, just look at my avatar! (Of course, you don't have to know who he is.)
"Where we are, there’s daggers in men’s smiles."
KR Series Finished: Kuuga, Agito, Ryuki, Faiz, Blade, OOO, Fourze, Wizard
Reset. Recalibrate.

Postby OrangeBee » Sun Apr 27, 2014 5:44 pm

Mir@k wrote:The spam forum is the best place to hang out to blow off some steam. Welcome to the forums!

yes... Lure him in   
THE OFFICIAL SHITPOSTER

Exodis: Image us as the Camelot, the guy going as a troll/Krest, and Hiroko as... the bunny.
ShitPoster

Postby Wulfespinndel » Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:15 am

Mir@k wrote:The spam forum is the best place to hang out to blow off some steam. Welcome to the forums!

That's not even true at all. If you want to blow off some steam, then you should scream at a pillow instead. Blowing off steam in a virtual environment will just get you ridiculous remarks, and it won't do you any good. Of course, if it's a more serious problem, the community can actually talk with you about it and make you feel better as we do our best to help, but it's still none of our concern.

Forgive me for not greeting you to this place; it's just that there are times where some of us seem too old to jest (myself included), but of course there's nothing wrong with it as we would like for you to have fun to your heart's content...I don't know how exactly you will be able to achieve that however.
Reset. Recalibrate.

Postby Tuor » Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:19 am

I'm pretty sure by "blowing off steam" Mir@k just means "goof off and have some fun" not "act like a dick because you're frustrated and have anger pent up"
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Wulfespinndel » Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:39 am

Tuor wrote:I'm pretty sure by "blowing off steam" Mir@k just means "goof off and have some fun" not "act like a dick because you're frustrated and have anger pent up"

Huh, that's not how I remember it. Sounds rather twisted if you ask me.
Reset. Recalibrate.

Postby Archrival » Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:46 pm

Wulfespinndel wrote:
Tuor wrote:I'm pretty sure by "blowing off steam" Mir@k just means "goof off and have some fun" not "act like a dick because you're frustrated and have anger pent up"

Blowing off steam usually means the former, like you play video games or listen to music after a long day to let off steam or blow off steam.
SUPPPAAAHHH

Postby Cerulean » Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:16 pm

Hi there :D Welcome to the forums!
"A reader lives a thousand lives, the man who never reads lives only one." - George R.R. Martin
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Wulfespinndel » Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:31 pm

Archrival wrote:
Wulfespinndel wrote:

Blowing off steam usually means the former, like you play video games or listen to music after a long day to let off steam or blow off steam.

Ah I remember now. Thanks.
Reset. Recalibrate.

Postby F.U.N.K V.O.L.U.M.E » Tue May 06, 2014 7:57 am

Welcome Squeaky91. I have a feeling you'll like it here.

P.S: Gohan is the best
You're evil, insane, have no life, and nothing to do cause they haven't invented re-runs of The Golden Girls yet-Nico Minoru
Freedom without individuality is not strength-Vergil
I'm doing this to show you I'm not afraid to die. Never cross a man not afraid to die-Malcolm X
You will give the people of Earth an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you, they will stumble, they will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun, Kal. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders-Jor-El
Your mother and I believed Krypton lost something precious, the element of choice, of chance. What if a child dreamed of becoming something other than what society had intended? What if a child aspired to something greater?-Jor-El
The ability to speak does not make you intelligent-Qui-Gon Jinn

Return to Snafu General Discussion