Official Snafu Colorist WANTED!

Artists! Show your work, tips, tricks, requests, and challenges. This forum includes visual art, music, 3D, animation, abstract art, graphic design, sculpture, EVERYTHING.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Official Snafu Colorist WANTED!

Postby Stan » Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:55 pm

Hey Everyone,
I have been working on several projects simultaneously. The most important at the moment is Titan Sphere's prequel Kayos Gaiden... Funny enough I am on Chapter 7 in my magazine that's printed, But this is not about that.

The thing is I have pages of TItan Sphere finished inking but need a colorist. If anyone is interested in being a part of this and having some form of work on Snafu-comics, please let me know. I can Pay for the work, I will just need to know if your up to it. I have 11 more pages already done for chapter 5. Just don't want to put up plack and whate pages.

Sooo...Anyone interested. I can send you a sample to color if need be.
Here's a link to a page you can work on...

http://postimg.org/image/oqgyo22hl/full/
Last edited by Stan on Sun Dec 22, 2013 1:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
In my hand the creators sword that causes eternal sleep, honour our pact and here my command... "ANIMATE this Comic"

Re: Should Have Done This A Long Time Ago!

Postby Blood Lord » Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:10 pm

Tell you what. We'll upgrade this to a global announcement.
Stufflikehearts - He is a Sith Lord. I love Blood Lord :3
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Semper Vigilans

Re: Official Snafu Colorist WANTED!

Postby Millo » Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:23 pm

Hi Stan, if at all possible I'd like to take a crack at it. Are we talking about both Coloring and Shading/ Or just coloring? Either way send me a sample and I'll try my best to get it to you in the next 2 days
Have you tried turn it off and on again?
QU:You look sad and frightened.
Stricken:i know this probably isn't the time or place now, but god damn millo is a hunk
Resident Illustrator

Postby Stan » Fri Dec 20, 2013 6:14 pm

I am talking about coloring...check out my comic Titan sphere to get an idea. I'll place a page here as well for anyone to take a crack at.
In my hand the creators sword that causes eternal sleep, honour our pact and here my command... "ANIMATE this Comic"

Postby Stan » Fri Dec 20, 2013 6:24 pm

see original post^^
Last edited by Stan on Sun Dec 22, 2013 1:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Postby CTCFirebird » Sat Dec 21, 2013 7:48 pm

As much as I would like to help out with this, I can't. I don't have my wacom tablet with me. I will give in my critique: Lineart is too thick and anatomy and perspectives need work. Try to thin those lines. Also, you could've Edit your post and putting the link in there instead of submitting a new reply. Otherwise, its not a bad idea for a project! :)
I am the Winner

Postby Tenshi Nova » Sat Dec 21, 2013 7:51 pm

His comic is featured on Snafu. I believe it's the only one atm that gets updated and hasn't been touched by Bleed.
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
Rocks
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby CTCFirebird » Sat Dec 21, 2013 7:54 pm

I know. Just giving him some advice and saying that its not a bad idea for a coloring project.
I am the Winner

Postby Tenshi Nova » Sat Dec 21, 2013 8:08 pm

I guess it's not a bad idea, but with a comic that's 7 years old, I'm not sure if he's going to change his style much.
Also his comic has been colored in the past.

I do wonder though, what happened to the person who colored it before?
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
Rocks
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Stan » Sun Dec 22, 2013 1:29 am

Ummm high...lol I was the person that colored it before just done have the time anymore. No offence, but saying that the lines are too thick...Look at Joe Madueiras stuff for instance, I like a fusion of styles and it's the way I draw (Thanks Festive Tenshi). This is not a project this is already on Snafu-Comics I work with most of my work like this already. As it stands, this is old work that I need to get finished up. Also anatmoy is a constant work in progress for me ...I however don't have issues with perspective anymore, that can be seen in my more up-to-date work. Thanks for the views and happy coloring!

This is a concept art of some of my current work which will be on snafu next year...
http://strifehell.deviantart.com/art/Ja ... -373644157
http://strifehell.deviantart.com/art/Ye ... -405696905
http://strifehell.deviantart.com/art/Gestalt-354750278
http://strifehell.deviantart.com/art/Da ... -354749277
Last edited by Stan on Sun Dec 22, 2013 1:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Sigment » Sun Dec 22, 2013 1:32 am

I'd love to help, man, but I don't think I have the skill yet. Since I've only just started as an artist, I've only been doing black and white sketches with a mechanical pencil. :'(
"Stick around... I'm full of bad ideas." -Isaac Clarke
"You've chosen your Answer. Now see it through." -Serene Haze
Gizmo - You're always awesome Sig. DON'T 4get that.

Check out my literary comic: Kurosai Chronicles!
The Resident Smartass

Postby Stan » Sun Dec 22, 2013 1:34 am

Sig the Snowman wrote:I'd love to help, man, but I don't think I have the skill yet. Since I've only just started as an artist, I've only been doing black and white sketches with a mechanical pencil. :'(

Did you read the comic?

Postby Sigment » Sun Dec 22, 2013 1:38 am

Titan Sphere? Yes, I'm up to date on it. Been a while though.

The Resident Smartass

Postby ari-6 » Sun Dec 22, 2013 7:01 am

I am not really very good at colouring yet and I have not had allot of practice and I mainly just fall back on solid colouring but this was the most recent thing I coloured. http://ari-6.deviantart.com/art/Luna-419761320
If that is okay then maybe I might be able to help out. But if not then that is okay too, never mind.
Don't hug me I'm scared
Eye of the Tiger

Postby Stan » Sun Dec 22, 2013 1:48 pm

@ Ari: Definitley not bad at all. You have some skill...you could give it a crack and see what happenes never know how it might turn out!

@ Sig: Yeah, I know it's been a while but this is the very reason it has been. The pages were done from almost 2 years ago. Just couldn't find time to work on it. Then, early this year, we started the work for the Magazine, which has the Prelude story to Tiatn Sphere. (which is much better IMO). when I return to titan sphere after this chapter is complete it will be sooooo much better. I have learned so much over the years.

Postby CTCFirebird » Sun Dec 22, 2013 3:47 pm

Well, Joe Mad is the one to bring Anime style art in to the comic book industry and then there was Michael Turner (RIP :( ) adapt the style and there's my friend/comic book instructor Alvin Lee that did Street Fighter and Darkstalkers with UDON. Quite a few others out there adapted to the style, but Joe Mad perfected and influenced it out there.

Here's mine: http://ctcfirebird.deviantart.com/
I have years of artwork to my improvements of how it is now. I'm not ashamed of how it looked before. For PPG, I'm thinking Ima go with Capcom's Megaman X style if I had to draw it. I am also supporting my friends Troy Little at IDW Publishing with his PPG comic and Jim Zubkavich (Jim Zub) with his Samurai Jack as well as Edwin Huang.

Anyways, I'll read your comic, Stan. To see how it turns out and everything.
I am the Winner

Postby Stan » Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:58 pm

thanks, I will be watching your progress. Also, please excuse early chapters for grammar...was just starting out and getting a feel for writing my stuff. It gets better in the later chapters.

Postby Sigment » Sun Dec 22, 2013 7:18 pm

I guess I'll just keep practicing so I can get good enough for something like this soon.

The Resident Smartass

Postby Krest » Sun Dec 22, 2013 8:52 pm

I'm just glad you're going to continue the comic.

Are you going to do another filler or do the main plot?
Sleep With Neil Patrick Harris

Postby Stan » Sun Dec 22, 2013 9:02 pm

I have a main comic up to chapter 7 now. It is a prequel to Titan SPhere called KAYOS GAIDEN which I will start uploading next year...I will be on chapter 10 by then. It's also in manga format...Black and white. But if I can find a good colorist then maybe color. But definitley Titan is continuing, Just was bettering myself and finally making a living from drawing with My Magazine.

Postby Krest » Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:59 pm

Oh, that's cool 0.0 I'm happy for you, man!

Stan 5.0... Wonder how much you've evolved 0.0
Sleep With Neil Patrick Harris

Postby Vegedus » Wed Dec 25, 2013 4:53 pm

I wouldn't be interested in a fulltime thing, I have other jobs I should rather be pursuing, but I might be interested in occasionally coloring some pages. Would the job also include backgrounds? Cuz I'm no good at those. Also, what about consistency? Bringing on a new colorist would likely mean changes in the coloring style. Would this be acceptable or would they be required to match your style quite specifically?
My DeviantArt is this a-way. Hasn't been updated in a while though, kinda in a slump to be honest. But that would also be why I'd be interested in taking on an commitment and challenge myself.
Will make apocalypse themed fiction for food

Postby Stan » Thu Dec 26, 2013 9:08 pm

Backgrounds I can do, The style dosen't have to match mines specifically but it should be a little close. All I can say is give it a shot and let me see what ya got. I can make a better judgement from there.

Postby Ethereal Blaze » Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:42 pm

I'd like too help but I got Art college after this break so I wouldn't have the time. But when I'm done with it or get a long enough break or something I can help.
http://speedydragong.deviantart.com/
The most powerful thing on earth is the human soul on fire
~Ferdinand Foch

I have been drawing for most of my life and started digital art some time last year, If you want to see some of my art heres my dA.
Deviantart: http://speedydragong.deviantart.com/

or my Snafu art page
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=55952
The One with the Flaming Mind

Postby Stan » Mon Jan 06, 2014 6:12 pm

Thank you! I can always handle Special effects. Even if somone can just handle the Flats it could work out.

Next

Return to Art