Television and Movies

Primary discussion forum. Also, feel free this use as a hangout for fans of the funny non-story based comics.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Television and Movies

Postby EagleMan » Tue Jul 16, 2013 4:29 pm

Pacific Rim was pretty good for the effects. Still had cheesy dialogue, and it meandered around for a long while before the Hong Kong fight.

It also looked like del Toro's work too fast. He seems to be a fan of glowing parts on monsters. Not that the monsters weren't amazing it just seemed a bit repetitious compared to his prior work.

All in all though this was a giant robot movie done right. The things that were wrong with it generally weren't to be found in the fight scenes which is what the movie's about.

Postby Tuor » Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:20 am

EagleMan wrote:I've been watching Orange is the New Black on Netflix (a new exclusive for Netflix) and it's been pretty good. It's about a woman in a prison. Only a few episodes in but it's gotten critical acclaim across the board, so it apparently never delves into cliche as it hasn't so far in my viewing (e.g. a guy might think a woman's prison will be full of hot, lesbian sex). It seems to care a lot about all its characters, and seeing how prison works in more intimate detail is pretty interesting.

That it has so many compelling female roles that don't just revolve around another guy or their sexuality probably merits watching it for that fact alone.

Don't lie, there's lesbian sexy times
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby noxux » Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:09 pm

Da Vinci Demons is a great show.
"The best thing about life is not knowing what will happen, what we do shows who we are" -иохчх
Pabst:"Aww, you're no fun Noxux.
A Fight in a Flash
I am a very tall midget

Postby MERASMUS! » Sat Jul 20, 2013 3:52 pm

http://movies.yahoo.com/blogs/movie-tal ... 19840.html

Batman/Superman might lead to a justice league movie.
Never anger a magician

Postby Blood Lord » Tue Jul 23, 2013 5:29 pm

I'm kinda meh about that. Don't know what to really think.
Stufflikehearts - He is a Sith Lord. I love Blood Lord :3
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Mad-Mutt » Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:39 am

It may be a while before a trailer of the up coming Godzilla movie is shown to the public, but here is at least some video of what the big guy is going to look like.

Note: This is not footage from the actual movie, but is footage of the "Godzilla Encounter" at the recent Comic Con.

Edit: Looks like they took down the footage on youtube...

Oh well, good thing I found a gif:

Bark

Postby Stooge3434 » Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:59 pm

I like transformer prime

Postby OrangeBee » Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:21 pm

Mad-Mutt wrote:It may be a while before a trailer of the up coming Godzilla movie is shown to the public, but here is at least some video of what the big guy is going to look like.

Note: This is not footage from the actual movie, but is footage of the "Godzilla Encounter" at the recent Comic Con.

Edit: Looks like they took down the footage on youtube...

Oh well, good thing I found a gif:

Everyone rips on the new Godzilla look as if Godzilla actually has a specific design. It changes every movie.
THE OFFICIAL SHITPOSTER

Exodis: Image us as the Camelot, the guy going as a troll/Krest, and Hiroko as... the bunny.
ShitPoster

Postby Whatis6times9 » Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:40 pm

As long as they stay with the more upright rubber suit design, I'm cool with the design.
ButtStuff: I love you, too.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby noxux » Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:10 pm

Talking about Godzilla, does anyone knows how is called the giant moth Godzilla fights?
"The best thing about life is not knowing what will happen, what we do shows who we are" -иохчх
A Fight in a Flash
I am a very tall midget

Postby Creppy Eggy » Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:18 pm

Mothra... because it looks like a moth.
As I saw the creature, I was as white as an egg. I was so scared I might crack from fear. As the humanoid began to lunge after me, I was walking on egg shells from how scared I was. It grabbed me, took me to its station, and cracked me open. The last thing I saw were my yellow insides cooked on a pan. Human nature is as evil as a rotten egg.

Stuff: Exodis is funnier than people give him credit for.
The Intergalactic Huevo

Postby OrangeBee » Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:34 am

Randori wrote:Mothra... because it looks like a moth.

I heard the monster he is suppose to fight looks like a centipede
THE OFFICIAL SHITPOSTER

Exodis: Image us as the Camelot, the guy going as a troll/Krest, and Hiroko as... the bunny.
ShitPoster

Postby Mad-Mutt » Fri Jul 26, 2013 2:50 am

I think the Godzilla design looks pretty cool. He's really muscular and imposing. Also, I heard that they might still be tweaking his look a little bit here in there based off of feed back from people. But I don't know if that's true. I think he looks cool for what they have now though.

And I think he's suppose to fight at least two types of monsters in this. I've seen some art work, but I don't know if it will make it to the final movie.
Bark

Postby OrangeBee » Sun Jul 28, 2013 5:06 am

Seeing how we're on the subject of apparel, anyone remember a scene from Godzilla: All monster attack where the American Godzilla got destroyed by the original?
THE OFFICIAL SHITPOSTER

ShitPoster

Postby Mad-Mutt » Mon Jul 29, 2013 6:08 am

Yep, that was one of the most (if not THE most) one sided Kaiju battles I've ever seen. Granted Godzilla pretty much curb stomped everything before the final battle, but that one really left an impression on the people who saw it. Toho pretty much just bought the creature so they could kill it. Most fans of Godzilla saw it as giving the monster the lack of respect it deserved. The movie was terrible, but the monster itself isn't the one to blame for it, the writers and the director is.
None the less Toho wanted to make a statement and they definitely did.
Bark

Postby noxux » Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:18 pm

I can say am surprised can say even shocked that nobody have talked about Finding Dory.
A Fight in a Flash
I am a very tall midget

Postby Blood Lord » Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:24 pm

Godzilla remake? Bleh.

Finding Dory? Meh.

Planes? OH HELLS YES BITCHES!
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Hallow Nova » Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:36 pm

:up:
Switch Godzilla Remake and Finding Dory, my opinion c:
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby noxux » Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:37 pm

Hmm planes meh
A Fight in a Flash
I am a very tall midget

Postby Blood Lord » Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:45 pm

No silly, that's not how you spell "HELLS YES BITCHES!"
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Creppy Eggy » Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:46 pm

Planes, Blordy? Really? Oh well, whatever floats your boat, dude... hmmm... next movie: Boats.
As I saw the creature, I was as white as an egg. I was so scared I might crack from fear. As the humanoid began to lunge after me, I was walking on egg shells from how scared I was. It grabbed me, took me to its station, and cracked me open. The last thing I saw were my yellow insides cooked on a pan. Human nature is as evil as a rotten egg.

Stuff: Exodis is funnier than people give him credit for.
The Intergalactic Huevo

Postby Blood Lord » Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:48 pm

FUCK YEAH MAN.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Tuor » Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:48 pm

Blood Lord wrote:Planes? OH HELLS YES BITCHES!

I worry about your mental health
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby noxux » Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:49 pm

I don't think planes is bad I will see it but as I saw the last cars movie am not sure.
A Fight in a Flash
I am a very tall midget

Postby Blood Lord » Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:53 pm

Tuor wrote:
Blood Lord wrote:Planes? OH HELLS YES BITCHES!

I worry about your mental health

That went fantastic with your avatar, btw.

noxux wrote:I don't think planes is bad I will see it but as I saw the last cars movie am not sure.

The last Cars movie was terrible. It made me disappointed, but I am really hopeful for planes because Mater is not a key character in it. He was funny in the first, but the second he just annoyed the hell out of me. Plus it got weird into politics and things Cars shouldn't be doing, but are. With Planes I'm hoping they will return to the feeling of the first one.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

PreviousNext

Return to Snafu General Discussion