Switch to full style
Primary discussion forum. Also, feel free this use as a hangout for fans of the funny non-story based comics.
Post a reply

Re: Television and Movies

Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:41 am

Jake Gyllenhaal also plays an incredibly well done character. I liked him more than Jackman. Some of the characters felt under utilized but I didn't mind.

Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:12 pm

Ok so I literally just found out yesterday that a lecturer for one of my modules at uni is best friends with Andrew Lincoln from Walking Dead, he as has also worked/is working with Paddy Considine. I could cry with joy and sadness at the connections this man has, he's been trained at RADA (Look it up foreigners and weep at it's alumni) so he has like a Wonker's golden ticket in acting and I get to learn from this hilarious welshman.

Sat Oct 05, 2013 2:23 am

My reaction to the movie "Only God Forgives":

Sun Oct 06, 2013 4:28 pm

Did you go in thinking it would be Drive 2.0 or something?

Sun Oct 06, 2013 4:31 pm

I actually haven't seen Drive. It's just I was confused a lot. But I did like the atmosphere. Very well done, but the story.. left me with so many questions.

Sun Oct 06, 2013 5:07 pm

Like? It's got a simple plot.

Sun Oct 06, 2013 6:06 pm

Idk, maybe I wasn't looking way into the movie.
Or maybe because there was no subtitles because it was a download and that half the plot was foreign gibberish...

Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:29 pm

Odd, I had the Thai subtitles hardcored into mine. I still downloaded the English subs but even with them disabled I still have all the Thai. Maybe you downloaded the Thai release which would be really bad luck. It's definitely not supposed to be that way. With a movie as slow and atmospheric as Only God Forgives it must've been unbearable to watch without knowing the Thai.

Sun Oct 06, 2013 11:04 pm

Huh, maybe that was it. I'll watch again when I get english subtitles.

On another note:
GRAVITY IS FUCKING AMAZING IN 3D!!
WOWOWOWOWOWOW

Mon Oct 07, 2013 1:10 pm

Oh, and all of Eagle's post on Prisoners: I completely agree with you.
Sorry about the double post in advance.

Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:52 pm

At any rate Only God Forgives will be a tough watch for most people, even with the proper subs.

I still want to see Gravity though, and Rush. And Don Jon. And Captain Phillips comes out this weekend. Maybe I'll spend all day at the theater or something. This quarter of the year is when all the good movies start to come out.

Runner Runner had an interesting enough trailer, but it's been panned completely, so that's out. Machete Kills also seems to be getting negative reviews.

Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:56 pm

It's fun movie jumping. Not getting caught is the tricky part, but it rarely happens.
Gravity should be watched in 3D, Eagle. It'll be an awesome experience.
I was never interested in runner Runner. Premise was... odd.
Machete Kills already looks like a clusterfuck of a mindless film.

Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:20 pm

Don Jon looks like it'll be a fun movie.

Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:06 pm

Bit of Godzilla news for you guys if you all still want to see that one comic con trailer from a while ago its finally shown up on the internet.
Here's a link to a site that has it so if you want to see it hurry up before Legendary pictures has it taken down again:
http://www.aceshowbiz.com/news/view/00064726.html

Wed Oct 09, 2013 7:44 pm

Has anyone here been watching Agents of SHIELD? I haven't been impressed so far.

Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:03 pm

I seen all the episodes so far except the most recent one. I was busy working on my Halloween costume.

Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:20 pm

It's on ABC's website.

Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:28 pm

I watch it on my DVR.

Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:39 pm

Mathias wrote:Has anyone here been watching Agents of SHIELD? I haven't been impressed so far.

I've been entertained by some of the references and by Nick Fury at the end of the second episode. Not really a spoiler.

I'm not wowed by anything yet, I'm waiting them to develop their own thing instead of piggy-backing off the movies, which I know they are doing it to ease into the water sort of a thing, so I'm giving it a few more episodes.

Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:53 pm

Jackson made an appearance?

Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:56 pm

Yeah, end of the second episode. Can;t remember if it was a "after credits" thing. It made me laugh a bit.

Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:16 pm

I watched the first episode and it seemed to be incredibly full of cliches and was just, as was said, piggybacking off the franchises. It was basically some generic sci-fi show that happened to have Marvel names in it. Maybe it'll get better, but for now I'll wait until the season's done then check to see if it's worth watching in its whole.

Fri Oct 11, 2013 8:41 pm

Okay, so I'm watching Pacific Rim and I'm wondering...
Who influenced who: Pacific Rim to Attack on Titan, or Attack on Titan to Pacific Rim?
Because in Pacific Rim    they built huge walls and the robots are called Jaegars, the same last name or Eren.   
So... what?

Fri Oct 11, 2013 8:46 pm

Which came out first?

Fri Oct 11, 2013 9:27 pm

Well, found this on Pacific Rim wiki:
Del Toro drew inspiration from Francisco Goya's The Colossus, and hoped to evoke the same "sense of awe" with the film's battles

Conception for Pacific Rim:
In February 2006, it was reported that Guillermo del Toro would direct Travis Beacham's fantasy screenplay, Killing on Carnival Row, but the project never materialized. Beacham conceived Pacific Rim the following year ... On May 28, 2010, it was reported that Legendary Pictures had purchased Beacham's detailed 25-page film treatment, now titled Pacific Rim.

Publication for AoT:
The manga series began its serialization in Kodansha's monthly publication Bessatsu Shōnen Magazine in its September 2009 issue. The first tankōbon volume was released March 17, 2010.

There was also a statement by Isayama regarding how he went about creating the different elements in AoT. VIEW AT YOUR OWN RISK

I'm more inclined to think that it was just a coincidence, but then again who knows.
Post a reply