Philosophy Thread

Primary discussion forum. Also, feel free this use as a hangout for fans of the funny non-story based comics.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Philosophy Thread

Postby OrangeBee » Tue Apr 22, 2014 1:52 am

Blood Lord wrote:I really don't feel comfortable replying to that.

Yeah sorry, I was pretty blunt about that wasn't i.
THE OFFICIAL SHITPOSTER

Exodis: Image us as the Camelot, the guy going as a troll/Krest, and Hiroko as... the bunny.
ShitPoster

Postby Galven327 » Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:51 pm

If someone like a wizard came to earth doing magic, and we asked him to define (it to explain how it works) and if he said that is just something undefinable, would it be magic or tech?
u share this planet with me deal with it

Postby MERASMUS! » Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:30 pm

I say magic is really just technology that isn't yet comprehensive. Watch the movie Thor, you'll get what I mean.
Never anger a magician

Postby Blood Lord » Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:35 pm

OrangeBee wrote:

It's not your post, it was the topic in general.
Stufflikehearts - He is a Sith Lord. I love Blood Lord :3
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby OrangeBee » Sat Apr 26, 2014 6:49 pm

Blood Lord wrote:
OrangeBee wrote:

It's not your post, it was the topic in general.

closure
THE OFFICIAL SHITPOSTER

Exodis: Image us as the Camelot, the guy going as a troll/Krest, and Hiroko as... the bunny.
ShitPoster

Postby noxux » Sat May 10, 2014 11:30 pm

Ok new topics: Are the human body and mind separate entities or are they connected as one.
Or what will happened with the world if it was not in 4D but in a higher dimension (5,6,7 etc.)
"The best thing about life is not knowing what will happen, what we do shows who we are" -иохчх
Pabst:"Aww, you're no fun Noxux.
A Fight in a Flash
I am a very tall midget

Postby Tuor » Sun May 11, 2014 12:19 am

Connected how?
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby MERASMUS! » Sun May 11, 2014 8:18 am

It's a primary part of the nervous system and vital to survival.
Never anger a magician

Postby noxux » Sun May 11, 2014 11:05 am

Tuor wrote:Connected how?

Connected in the way that is if they one, it can be physically like Mad Doc said that it is in the body and is part of the nervous system, and with separate is that it that is inside the body but it doesn't feel the pain or anything with the body unless it includes making adrenaline, dopamine and other brain substances.
"The best thing about life is not knowing what will happen, what we do shows who we are" -иохчх
A Fight in a Flash
I am a very tall midget

Postby Tuor » Sun May 11, 2014 2:28 pm

Well you just scientifically proved yourself that the brain is connected to the body
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby noxux » Mon May 12, 2014 6:22 pm

Ok they are connected but that doesn't mean that they can be a single being, the brain is inside but they are not the same thing( in manners of saying it is a single being), if they are are one single being then why when the body gets hurt (sober) why the brain gives the pain to the body but doesn't recieve any of it? I don't know if it is stupid but I really don't know this kind of stuff.
A Fight in a Flash
I am a very tall midget

Postby MERASMUS! » Mon May 12, 2014 7:36 pm

It's to warn about danger. If you had a hand on a active stove but didn't feel it, there would be serious damage.
Never anger a magician

Postby noxux » Mon May 12, 2014 11:08 pm

So when you are drunk that "alarm goes off", right?

I think we should go with the next topic.
A Fight in a Flash
I am a very tall midget

Postby Blood Lord » Tue May 13, 2014 6:52 pm

Or what will happened with the world if it was not in 4D but in a higher dimension (5,6,7 etc.)

idk

noxux wrote:Ok new topics: Are the human body and mind separate entities or are they connected as one.

I want to take this differently that from how MadDoc approached it, or in the realm of Anat&Phys.

There is a issue in philosophy, and a little bit of psychology, on the connection between the body and the mind. Not the mind in the sense of the brain, but in the sense of consciousness, awareness, feelings, sentience, etc. How is that connected with the brain and the body. This is known as The Mind-Body Problem.

Another way I think this idea is presented is "How does the soul interact with the body?"
Stufflikehearts - He is a Sith Lord. I love Blood Lord :3
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Previous

Return to Snafu General Discussion