Pokemon Omega Sapphire and Omega Ruby Starter/Plot Thread

Primary discussion forum. Also, feel free this use as a hangout for fans of the funny non-story based comics.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Pokemon Omega Sapphire and Omega Ruby Starter/Plot Thread

Postby Mr.X » Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:54 pm

This is the first time I'm making my own thread. I apologize if this is too long. Anyway I wasn't interested in owning a 3DS until the news of the remakes of Pokemon Sapphire and Ruby came out. Pokemon Sapphire was the first Pokemon game I played and owned and I enjoyed it. It only got better with Emerald and its one of those games that I still played whenever I was in the mood.

Anyway for those who are going to get the game what starter Pokemon are you going to start out with? I can't decide between Mudkip and Torchic. Torchic eventually evolves into Blaziken and he was absolute hardcore! Mudkip eventually evolves into Swampert and I am fully aware that Swampert is a power house! Its powerful yet only has one weakness (Grass). However it can learn an ice move(s) so that it can go toe-to-toe with grass Pokemon. I'll probably get a starter that's female thus I can mate my starter with a particular Pokemon and as a result I will get multiple baby starter Pokemon. Then I can trade my baby starter Pokemon for the two other starter Pokemon.

In addition, I wonder what the plot of the games will be? Will it be like Ruby/Sapphire or Emerald. Emerald's plot was superior as it showed all three Legendaries of the Weather Trio. If it doesn't have the plot of Emerald I'm going to be slightly sad, but not too much.

And yes I made an error on the title. Its suppose to be Alpha Sapphire not Omega Sapphire

Re: Pokemon Omega Sapphire and Omega Ruby Starter/Plot Thread

Postby Mir@k » Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:08 am

Well i am playing emerald on my phone and i chose the flame chicken.
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Bad Dragon » Thu Jul 17, 2014 4:04 am

I'm really interested in what they will do with the plot as well, but at the moment I don't have any good theories to throw out.

As for starters I'm not too worried about where I have Pokemon Y and Pokebank, and met my goal of collecting all the starters from every pokemon game while I was still on my pokemon binge. If you do get a 3DS and want any starters from the other games just shoot a PM my way and I can send whatever pokemon starter you have a want for. :)
Imperfection is Beauty, Madness is Genius, and it's Better to be Absolutely Ridiculous than Absolutely Boring.

My Twitch Account + My Anime/Gaming FB Page
Check out my Art Thread! Mostly Mass Effect for now but I'll be throwing in some more variation soon.
The Song of my People

Postby athdlg » Thu Jul 17, 2014 4:22 am

I am going to use Torchic as my starter pokemon. I'll need to get another 3DS since I have limited friends that play pokemon and would rather trade by myself like I did when I was younger.

The plot, I believe, will have to involve Mega Pokémon somehow or another. It'll be an interesting concept to intertwine rather than just adding them in without any other plot to it. I remember in some text in the game from a sneak peak that Steven was talking about Mega Pokémon becoming something new and something exciting to investigate (or at least that's what he was getting at). A lot of extras will be added with secret bases as well and I'm excited for that! It appears that you can even put people inside--at least that's what it looks like.

I'll put in a theory that possible team Magma and Aqua, while trying to control Kyogre and Groudon, will also try to forcefully make them evolve into Mega Pokémon in order to have more power over land and water.

Return to Snafu General Discussion