Dreams beyond imagination

Primary discussion forum. Also, feel free this use as a hangout for fans of the funny non-story based comics.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Dreams beyond imagination

Postby The Mad Doctor » Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:59 pm

First time I tried to start this kind of thread, it was in the worst section to put it in: you guessed it, the spam section. So I'm trying again in the general chat section so it doesn't get fucked up again hopefully. You know the deal, share recent dreams you had before you forget them or share the very very few that you actually remember.

I love things for the exact same reason you hate them for.
Blighttown is easy

Re: Dreams beyond imagination

Postby Tenshi Nova » Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:57 pm

Uh, I had a really creepy experience with a dream a couple weeks ago.

From what I remember, I was friends with people I haven't talk to in years. We were all in some performing arts school, I also remember Drake Bell. One of them had to get out of a performance, so he pretended his testicles started losing hair, and said it was a serious medical condition.
Time then skips about 2 days, to the morning of the performance. I was passing the hall and one of the rooms had a line of my 'friends' on it. They were lining up to see the new nurse, who was a hired RP prostitute(8/10 imo). At one point a teacher walks by and bursts into the room, right before the people inside start taking their clothes off. The 'nurse' then proceeds with the false check up until the teacher leaves. As the 'nurse' walks to lock the door, she sees the line of people, and mentions she was only told that there would be 7, there was about 11 outside. She asked who plans to get 'checked up' and everyone but me raises their hand. She asked me if I plan to, and I respond no. She then says "Alright, HIGH 5, you stay dedicated to your meth.'
I woke up, as I high 5'd her. Now In Real Life. About a week afterwards, I was bringing my grandmother to a doctor, she thought she had cancer and wanted to get checked. The woman at the front desk was identical to the prostitute in the dream, same style of hair and even the voice. When I saw her the image of my dream just ran straight into my mind, and every little detail refreshed. I was curious, I read somewhere that any face you see in a dream is a face you've seen before. It turns out, the woman's my aunt, that I haven't seen in over 10 years and has babysat me for about a week. She moved from Canada to the U.S. the same day I had that dream, and got her current job the day before.

And yes. I rated my aunt. Wincest.
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
Rocks
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby The Mad Doctor » Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:20 pm

Creepy. Faces in dreams are projected from the faces you've seen from people already. Despite that, its still creepy.

Blighttown is easy

Postby Q.U. » Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:50 am

Damn creepy?
This post is intended for information only. Please do not reply to this message as responses cannot be read or acknowledged due to the stupidity of the user.

Postby Tenshi Nova » Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:56 pm

K, I'm good.
Rocks
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Blood Lord » Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:09 pm

Damn, that'd be some freaky shit.
Stufflikehearts - He is a Sith Lord. I love Blood Lord :3
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Semper Vigilans

Postby The Mad Doctor » Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:21 pm

I guess I'm gonna wait this out until people here stop posting the word "damn" all over my thread which is the same reason why I decided to put it somewhere away from the spam section. In short, I expected you to keep your damns in the spam section, but at the same time, I'm not surprised because this thread is a intended reboot for a thread that was originally made by me as well and also got chewed up and turned into crap. Of course then, this is the internet too, nobody's nice either. So, to keep the whole thing short, I'm gonna wait here and see how long you guys will keep this up, and when you're done: then we will discuss dreams that we've had.

Blighttown is easy

Postby Tenshi Nova » Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:14 pm

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=54987

I'm so sorry MadDoc, but I wouldn't be able to forgive myself if I let this chance slip away. At least I've given the other thread meaning. lol
Rocks
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Exodis » Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:18 pm

Chill the fuck out, Doc.

Well, time to talk about a dream I had that left me on the verge of crying, had me baffled, and contemplating a lot.
So... here goes:

Remember that situation I had at the Therapy Thread? Well it'sstill hitting me, but my dream literally broke me. My dream started off with me going to take my driver's license test with me taking the driving test. As I head into the car, I realized the teacher was her: my friend who I know feel distant with. This is how it went:
Me: "Hey!"
Her: "Hey."
Me: "So! Let's begin?"
Her: "Yeah."
So, we start the test and I try to strike a lot of conversations with me being nervous about both taking the test and talking to her. For some reason whenever I talked with her she sounded lifeless, bored, as if she wanted to ignore me. So, after the test was done, she just got out of the car and left. I was alone in the car, and I just started crying. Not like I was whimpering, but crying loudly, with tears just streaming, as if I just witness the death of a loved one.
And then I woke up. I was teary-eyed, kept thinking "What the fuck... what the fuck..." and then I contemplated for half an hour. And... that's it.
Mir@k: Exodis is the little kid of the forum, compared to everyone else.
Grey: From now on i will call you eggy because i don't like x but ex sounds like eggs. i like eggs.
Yog: Exodis, your manner of speech and the way you conduct yourself is beginning to evolve to the point where I'm starting to like you.
Blood Lord: Yup, Randori is a very well respected night elf of the community. His valuable service to the site has brought great blessings to this people.
BeeAre: I'm totally gay for Randori.
Stuff: Exodis, you are learning. Mama is proud.

Deemed as the best, Outlawed as the worst.
Check out my story! Exodis - The Last Savior
The Kid

Postby Tenshi Nova » Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:31 pm

Well I didn't read too much into your situation, but I think I have a basic understanding. I didn't read what anyone told you, so I'll just be giving my opinion.

You would have regret not asking her, if you had not ask. If you don't think you would have, then you don't like her as much as you believe. If you do regret asking her out because it has affected your friendship together, all I can tell you, as hard as it might be and as bad as it feels. You'll eventually heal, there will be a scar if she's as important as you say she is. Scars are seen differently by different people. I personally see it as a good thing, w/e the hardship was, it shaped who I am at this moment. You're not going to forget, crying, feeling bad and miserable, it'll past. Once it does, you can choose to deal with some pain to be her friend or just find new ones. You may not want to atm, but a time will come where you meet the right person. Let out your feelings, you may even want to let it out to her, just make sure you don't come across as a creepy stalker, just as a friend.

I've let the Snafu community grow on me too much lol, I'm at the edge of pouring my guts out on one of these threads.
Rocks
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby The Mad Doctor » Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:18 am

Randori, I feel sorry for you. To grow more distant from such a close friend just because you asked her out is something I think no one should ever go through. I tried imagining that and it hurts me to think about it. Even though I never had a close relationship with a girl, ever. It hurts me more and more when even thinking about being single. Worst part is that I am literaly in the worst school to even get a single date in my area.
I'm sorry, I'm so sorry.

Blighttown is easy

Postby Blood Lord » Fri Jul 12, 2013 1:23 am

TheMadDoctor wrote:*Butthurt as hell statement*

MadDoc, I'm going to spare you the long post and tell you to just man the fuck up. Stop taking everything so personal on this site, or I'll move this thread to Spam and make it into "The Other Damn Thread".

So what if people come in and joke with it or troll it. Do you want to know how to get it to stop? You ignore it. Do that next time. Bitching and moaning about it only provokes it and has this unique method of turning the entire site to hate you and regard you as a joke. Kinda like Soulchild, but worse.

Do you remember what I told you a few months ago? Well it still holds true mate. Don't let silly things like this get under your skin or affect you. The fact that people are joking at you with it is a good thing, not a bad thing. It's a lot like this: https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/imag ... zS63NgCnMs

And then some of us just like to troll because screw you we can. But that isn't the point I'm trying to make.
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Semper Vigilans

Postby Tenshi Nova » Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:59 am

I'm everyone's best friend. lol
Cuz I love everything.

I couldn't find the clip where Billy says that in Big Boogey Adventure, but that basically sums up me. <3
Rocks
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby The Mad Doctor » Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:16 am

Sorry blood lord, I was tired and couldn't sleep, resulting in a negative attitude. Sometimes I cant take jokes when I see them.

Blighttown is easy

Postby Tenshi Nova » Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:38 am

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=54987
I feel like you're purposely giving me these openings >.>
Rocks
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby EagleMan » Sun Jul 14, 2013 12:28 am

Blood Lord it was kind of the whole reason he remade the thread, but Doctor it's also important to note that the best way to keep a topic on track is to simply make a new post that's relevant to the thread.

On the subject I don't really have long contiguous dreams. When I remember them they're mostly just short snippets, vague concepts really. I don't remember the last time I talked in a dream though. I have more abstract dreams. I will already know things without ever having them said to me (like a person's name). I will have meta-cognition, i.e. I'll be thinking in my dreams that such a thing is ludicrous and it makes no sense to dream that, but I'm not even lucid dreaming when I do that, I'll just remember when I wake up having that conflict of thought where my subconscious was calling out my dreams on how stupid something is that breaks the laws of physics or some other such thing.

Postby noxux » Sat Aug 03, 2013 11:18 am

Well this is one hell of a dream I have.
I was a soldier in a foreing country but I was surrounded by people shotting me, then I start throwing one granade but when I was going to throw the second a guy from the tree told me not to throw anymore of those, later he came down and help me get to a house nearby and we enter.

Inside of the house the guy went to search half of the house and me the other half when I found a girl inside one room, she try to scream but I cover her mouth and the guy of the tree came and see what was happening and the girl try to explain why she screamed, she thought we were going to kill her but we explain her that we were running from does, then she show us a hidden room she have found. We hid there for a while until we decide to escape but the house was full of enemy soldiers so I decide to act as a decoy while the guy and the girl try to escape, I went running and screaming and soldiers went to catch me, while running one soldier grab my foot and I trip, then they pipoint me with a gun but the soldier let me go for no reason and he get away.

When I went to search for the guy and the girl I didn't find them neither the enemy soldiers. When I went to the room I found to shirts with blood, one was with a sign saying traitor and the other was saying dumb warrior. I grab each sign and and change it to heroine and brave warrior and when I was going to grabs both shirts I wake up.
"The best thing about life is not knowing what will happen, what we do shows who we are" -иохчх
Pabst:"Aww, you're no fun Noxux.
A Fight in a Flash
I am a very tall midget

Postby Blood Lord » Sat Aug 03, 2013 11:36 am

Hmm, I guess you could say that is a pretty damn interesting dream.

The concept of dreams are interesting to me, imho.
Semper Vigilans

Postby Sumdumguy » Sat Aug 03, 2013 2:47 pm

I had a dream where I went into a building that was green and black whilst it was being shot at by a tank. I don't know why a tank was there but I just went with it. When I was inside a building I found a tv and a remote. The tv had some weird gibberish next to some circles like a menu screen or something. I picked up the remote and selected one of the circles and then it all went to hell.

I felt, and I mean I actually FELT, my soul being sucked out of my body, and when it stopped I could breathe fire and shoot fireballs from my hands. I had no clue what was happening so I went on a killing spree, breathing fire on people and whatnot. Then I woke up.

I have no idea what the hell that dream was but it was totally badass getting to breath fire on people like a dragon.
Meow Motherfucker

Postby True Order » Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:07 am

Well then. I don't wish to add a dream to this list right now. Maybe later...

But I wish to say something that may help those who wish to gain something from a dream aside from potentially trippy, emotional, or scary entertainment.

Dream Interpreting is a thing people commonly do (because it's easy) and while this may lead to little bits of info it is often not hardcore significant. That's because when describing a dream the dreamer often focuses on the crazy and/or out of the norm shit all the while ignoring the important personal bit: how they felt during and after the dream.

While being chased down an infinite school hallway by giant throbbing cocks is a crazy funny dream to share to your friends you must ask yourself how you felt throughout it and why in order to learn from it.

How did you feel when the walls turned to flesh and wanted you to eat them?

How did you feel when the gatekeeper had a mental breakdown as he realized his riddles aren't clever?

The answers to these questions may reveal many a secret or obvious detail that you were blind to.

I've learned a lot about myself through this method.

The dreams mentioned are past dreams I've had, except for the giant cock one, that was from a fanfic...
"Finish what you started human!" - Kamaji from Spirited Away
Overthinker

Postby Tenshi Nova » Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:32 am

It was from fanfic...I wonder what you're doing reading such a thing.
You probably have dreamed of it too, :D
Rocks
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby EagleMan » Sun Aug 25, 2013 2:50 am

What if you never feel anything in your dreams True? I just experience a state of being. If I do have reactions from the self in my dream, they are usually from the perspective of my conscious self, e.g. I may think "This dream is stupid" while being inside the dream, or "That makes no sense", though I do not experience my dreams as if I am conscious for the entire length of my REM sleep. I very rarely have any agency over my dreams, so my lucid dreaming is rather neutered in that sense in that I only experience consciousness and not the ability to control or alter my dreams.

Postby True Order » Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:14 pm

I honestly wouldn't know what that means.... I could take a guess but that could lead us anywhere....

A bit of searching revealed this bit of advice on a similiar case on a dream forum.

Caden wrote:I have had this happen and have had long stretches of this happening, actually it is very good for LDing. You are simply very detached. If you want more you'll have to open yourself up to the feeling you your dreams and your life. In other words you will have to engage your soul, your heart, into life here and in your dreams.

Does that apply to you any?
"Finish what you started human!" - Kamaji from Spirited Away
Overthinker

Postby Tenshi Nova » Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:59 pm

idk, what I'm surprised about is that no one has ever shared a wet dream here.
Rocks
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby EagleMan » Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:13 am

True Order wrote:I honestly wouldn't know what that means.... I could take a guess but that could lead us anywhere....

A bit of searching revealed this bit of advice on a similiar case on a dream forum.

Caden wrote:I have had this happen and have had long stretches of this happening, actually it is very good for LDing. You are simply very detached. If you want more you'll have to open yourself up to the feeling you your dreams and your life. In other words you will have to engage your soul, your heart, into life here and in your dreams.

Does that apply to you any?

Sounds rather wishy washy. Thanks though, don't worry about it. Everyone has different dreams and thought processes.

Next

Return to Snafu General Discussion